Kagari Touki

Jul 7, 2020
I dont think i am asking an invalid question, i am asking what files should i be moving into the new file for the update, XML? i know dlc files needs to be moved.

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
oww. but cann't i rape them . like after amputed them.
You can rape untamed natives. Just press R, and they'll attempt to grapple.
You can add tamed natives to "toilets" and have hole-in-wall sex with them.
You can also do things to sleeping natives even if they are tamed, but I never tried that.

Is it ever worth moving your base (blue flag) from the starting area? Which places are ideal?
Other base locations provide better access to the map and its resources. But the starting beach is one of the more defensible locations on the map, since enemies there are just level 1, and it's protected by the sea from the south.

Monokuma93

Oct 30, 2018
I probably didn't search the thread enough, sorry in advance if that's the case maybe I'm bad with the keywords, but is there any post about base building and general rules of thumb to follow? I plan on making multiple small to medium sized bases with various themes and NPCs but the AI is sometimes overly simplistic and I assume some of the rules about animal spawns or raid patrols aren't too obvious. Therefore, I have some questions. Used spoilers to format easier my opinions and comments:

1. How big should a base be on average?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

2. How much space should a "road" have?

3. How much food and water does each type of automatized labour take?
And by extension, how many units of food should I have in my food box for each of the activities for each NPC?

4.0. Do raiders and the patrols pathfind towards entrances of your walled base?
Or do they all just beeline towards their target destroying everything in their path, getting distracted by anything they can aggro?

4.1. If the latter applies more than the former, should I keep guards outside walls with food boxes, wells and spikes around?

5. Should I worry about NPCs or animals permanently dying defending the base?

6. Is having a native set as a guard a bad idea for their morale?

I'm sure there are exploits around to wall yourself off. I think I saw someone using some sort of indestructible structure that looks like a wall when put together in order to be fully safe. But I'm looking for intended ways of base building, not exploits that can get patched.

Last edited:

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
I probably didn't search the thread enough, sorry in advance if that's the case maybe I'm bad with the keywords, but is there any post about base building and general rules of thumb to follow? I plan on making multiple small to medium sized bases with various themes and NPCs but the AI is sometimes overly simplistic and I assume some of the rules about animal spawns or raid patrols aren't too obvious. Therefore, I have some questions. Used spoilers to format easier my opinions and comments:

1. How big should a base be on average?

And by extension, how many units of food should I have in my food box for each of the activities for each NPC?

Or do they all just beeline towards their target destroying everything in their path, getting distracted by anything they can aggro?

4.1. If the latter applies more than the former, should I keep guards outside walls with food boxes, wells and spikes around?

I'm sure there are exploits around to wall yourself off. I think I saw someone using some sort of indestructible structure that looks like a wall when put together in order to be fully safe. But I'm looking for intended ways of base building, not exploits that can get patched.
First of all, this game doesn't have anything like pathfinding. Enemies can get lost in a forest of just 1 tree. Unless they are in a mood to cut the tree down that day. Your villagers are just as bad. The conclusion is, don't put anything with collision inside your villagers' work zone. And your walls are best protected by a "moat" of spikes.

Second, work requires water. Preferably supplied automatically by a well.
But food is only needed to heal from injuries.
Note that villagers need to be within range of well or food box, not the other way around.

Third, it's a good idea to let one of your natives be abducted by a raid, in order to mount a rescue, and loot raid magnet amulet from a guard. This way, you can give the amulet to anybody in a well-defended settlement, and leave the rest of the settlements less defended.

Now more specific answers:
5. Nobody you tamed can die, unless abducted by hostile natives and executed. You have about 20 minutes to rescue them.
So you need not worry too much.
Only natives can be executed, so if you give it to a Bigfoot, or to Yona, they will be safe (and most attackers would be dead).

6. A few of my long-time guards still have neutral morale. Sleeping in beds seems to allow villagers to gain morale.

Shurutsue

Apr 6, 2019
Yeah pathfinding is relatively... non-existent.
They try to move straight to their target, anything in their way and they may get stuck.
As such, personally, I recommend that actual workers do have their work-places pretty much very close to their house entrance for that reason.
They get thirsty as they work, how much of it is used I'm not sure.
As for food, they require that to heal up, so they get hungry when damaged or downed to replenish their health.
Latter. I personally keep my villages small and compact with guards inside (at the walls) with food boxes.
Guard job doesn't require for them to sleep, so they shouldn't require beds either.
As for guards, I tend to have pretty much every main direction just outside of the screen guarded by Big natives /big female natives skilled on health to tank, female natives with bow for damage, skilled on damage.
Additionally, all "workers" get a bow, if possible, or get skilled straight up on health if not, same with buff-food being Pizza's for example to enhance their attack speed. (Pretty sure it's not the best, but it works out nicely for me)
Spikes work well around the base (especially as close to walls as you can) to damage them while delayed by walls and also around the places where your tanky guys tend to fight!
Only the raid target ever get's "captured" - so long as you save them if they do get captured, no one'll die permanently!
Don't think it really affects their morale, but I'm very picky anyway with who's allowed to love/sex.

ArcherUwU

Mar 17, 2023
20/10 game, recommended for the whole family; but I feel that it lacks more variety of waifus, maybe some cameos like the previous game from the studio, maybe a mod in Spanish and improve the interface to talk with the NPCs, but GOTY of the H games of the year.
:devilish:(y)

TheNPC

Jun 20, 2023
Since we're talking about food range and stuff, would such a thing works? As in, if I make all the villagers range only cross a little of the foodbox range like in the picture

range.png

4.40 star(s) 45 Votes