flannan

Dec 15, 2022
- Maybe 'The Forest' is the best candidate here, since you have 'mostly' the same mechanics and 'in a way' the same plot (cannibals/tribes/cannibalism etc), however in The Forest you're pretty much alone.

- Please check the previously mentioned game, you can actually decorate your house with any limb/head and whatever, you can cook humans, eat humans and you actually get an achievement for that.

So nah, isn't a problem with the mental health, this concept may too be burrowed from the forest.
Having played the developers' previous game, "Black Market" (not to be confused with "Monster Black Market" inspired by it), I think that even if there are borrowings from "The Forest", it's because the developers liked that.

Jin238

Aug 7, 2024
Honestly if you just look at the detail and effort the devs put into their gore, you just know these people are sincere. Guro artists are some talented degenerates, i honestly don't like it but at the same time when i bump into some i can't but look at it.

Reactions: flannan

GenN5

Oct 2, 2024
So my tamed native is getting disappear. Is it food nd water related problem or moral? its my 3rd new game. During 2nd I didn't face this problem.

John8r9

Dec 25, 2018
Also in terms of worrying about it, they have yet completely cross the line of Necrophilia(aside from one of Yona's scene)
Ah...now i forgot to tell about how dlsite restrict this game..
You can "dismember a corpse, eat a person, sleep raping a person, rape a female zombie or rape a fainted person", but you cannot rape a corpse.(necrophilia)
:unsure: i know it looks odd, but thats how dlsite works. Some like graveyard executioner doesn't count for some reasons

PS: seems like killing after raping doesn't count

Apr 18, 2020
So my tamed native is getting disappear. Is it food nd water related problem or moral? its my 3rd new game. During 2nd I didn't face this problem.
If you put Friendly NPC indoor like inside a House/Hut, there are chances of them fall off the map during Loading process
if you know where their Movement Location are, try to use the list's function of "Return" and then "Call" the NPC that was there

Areas like Gate's tunnel area, there are chances of them falling off the zone if you have invisible wall off from the option menu
Area like near the Lab's Red gate & Inner Lab, if you visit Prison where "Sally" is, there are chances of NPCs falling into the Map layer for some odd reason.

GenN5

Oct 2, 2024
If you put Friendly NPC indoor like inside a House/Hut, there are chances of them fall off the map during Loading process
if you know where their Movement Location are, try to use the list's function of "Return" and then "Call" the NPC that was there

Areas like Gate's tunnel area, there are chances of them falling off the zone if you have invisible wall off from the option menu
Area like near the Lab's Red gate & Inner Lab, if you visit Prison where "Sally" is, there are chances of NPCs falling into the Map layer for some odd reason.
Oh...my current base is near the iron mine bottm right side of the map.

Apr 18, 2020
Oh...my current base is near the iron mine bottm right side of the map.
Honestly posting screenshot will help explaining what you mean by that, because I never have a "tamed native" gone from the position they were put at aside from Indoors (House/Hut), keeping them indoor is not a good idea in this game.
1728467658095.png

Side note :
My "Gate" example
1728467382932.png
1728467427276.png
Having no Invisible Wall = NPCs have chances of fall off from the edge during Loading... for no reason, sometimes need to "return" their positions
(I'm organizing the "troops" xD literal Army camp, all of them are Elites natives & level 1000~4000+)
(And yes, you can't build in some areas, so you need to deploy the build from outside first and walk into Gate to place them down, good for having a base that is unraidable by raiders until you got the Plant Workbench)

Apr 18, 2020
And yes, I just want to show how some area you think it's not possible for NPCs to be at is possible xD
With invisible Wall off, you can expand the place
You can't set the NPC movement near the Lab's Red gate, however you can "Carry" NPC and then "put them down" where you want them to be
1728468484549.png

In the inner Lab zone, same as before, you can't build inside so you have to deploy buildings from outside first before moving into the place
It's also a great place for "Cyborg factory" & "Keeping your Kin" alive xD
(First Son & Daughters & His wives)
1728468745844.png

dinopara

Apr 1, 2021
As someone, who owns both games, and has seen what both have to offer, let me tell you - although they may belong to different genres, Mad Island clearly draws inspiration from The Forest.
you obviously have not played conan exiles to say that mad island draws from the forest, one could go around the games using similar tropes but the forest is the only one out there that is "famous" since content creators got a hold of it therefore it's the one that can be said more by people that... have more of a "normal" taste.

Having played the developers' previous game, "Black Market" (not to be confused with "Monster Black Market" inspired by it), I think that even if there are borrowings from "The Forest", it's because the developers liked that.
you haven't played little life? monster black market kind of draws from black market minus the dead girl smoothie maker and the experimental monsters that like R7 thingies, oh and the revival potion :LUL:

i do like that emadeplus had black market walk so monster black market could run, it's a damn good game, also mad island can walk just fine but i hope nekotto island can run, seeing emade doing all this is why i went out of my way to financially support them.

Last edited:

Denkader

Aug 13, 2024
- Maybe 'The Forest' is the best candidate here, since you have 'mostly' the same mechanics and 'in a way' the same plot (cannibals/tribes/cannibalism etc), however in The Forest you're pretty much alone.

- Please check the previously mentioned game, you can actually decorate your house with any limb/head and whatever, you can cook humans, eat humans and you actually get an achievement for that.

So nah, isn't a problem with the mental health, this concept may too be burrowed from the forest.
Oh. So it's not the "Mad Island" dev we need to be worried about but the one who did "The Forest." :ROFLMAO:

Denkader

Aug 13, 2024
Honestly posting screenshot will help explaining what you mean by that, because I never have a "tamed native" gone from the position they were put at aside from Indoors (House/Hut), keeping them indoor is not a good idea in this game.
Part of my base was built inside the south mines. Never had any issues with the NPCs in there--maybe because I built nowhere near water? The bats are a pain in the ass, though. Started transferring everything in there to my sky base.

I did get *one* NPC who recently vanished but it wasn't a native, it was Cassie. That was a really weird one, because her HP had also dropped to 4. She was at the heart of the base, where no one could get to her, surrounded by a bunch of other NPC's (including androids and a corrupt goat) and not only did she vanish and lose HP but hitting "return" did absolutely nothing. After I quit the game and restarted it though, she was still missing, but this time "return" brought her back and she started healing.

That was the strangest thing. I still have no clue what happened. Must have been some sort of bug.

I did still they had vanished to nothingness. I think there wasn't any water for them to drink from
On a side note, don't forget that natives who become friends can never die. Even if their HP drop to 0, they'll get back on their feet after a while. So it's just a matter of locating them.

You might have hit that same bug I described above. If so, just do a save, restart the game, and try hitting "return" again. See if that helps.

Reactions: John8r9 and flannan
Apr 18, 2020
Tell me please, where I can craft the Flower Totem?
You find the Plant Workbench in the Mushroom forest/Swamp area
It's in a Chest, close by the Mission trigger for First Takumi boss fight
There is also a Big lobster nearby so you should explore more

As for the material, use a wood shovel or iron shovel and dig in the Mushroom forest/Swamp area, you can get Vines that way instead of hunting/searching for those Purple thingy(can't remember their name xd)

Apr 18, 2020
Part of my base was built inside the south mines. Never had any issues with the NPCs in there--maybe because I built nowhere near water? The bats are a pain in the ass, though. Started transferring everything in there to my sky base.

I did get *one* NPC who recently vanished but it wasn't a native, it was Cassie. That was a really weird one, because her HP had also dropped to 4. She was at the heart of the base, where no one could get to her, surrounded by a bunch of other NPC's (including androids and a corrupt goat) and not only did she vanish and lose HP but hitting "return" did absolutely nothing. After I quit the game and restarted it though, she was still missing, but this time "return" brought her back and she started healing.

That was the strangest thing. I still have no clue what happened. Must have been some sort of bug.
Cassie sure love to get herself go missing, my first time meeting Cassie, at that time I did not asked her to follow me, after the Lab boss fight, I went to go get her and did not find her until I saw her stuck where her body were dumped

Even so, I Highly suspect the NPC fell off the Map during the Loading stage of the game,
After pressing "Return", go to their status and press "Call" while being close to where their return-to-point was, this pretty much fix those "Missing" NPCs for me
Better yet, "Favorite" the NPC and press "M" to see where they are at on the Map, the game so far does not delete NPCs out of nowhere and this is coming from someone who has been trying to re-organizing 1000+ Friendly NPCs at once xD
(Yea...trying to eh...remaking some of the base and thinking where to build my fifth base)

Denkader

Aug 13, 2024
After pressing "Return", go to their status and press "Call" while being close to where their return-to-point was, this pretty much fix those "Missing" NPCs for me
Yeah, I was tired when I noticed she was gone and needed to go to bed. I only tried "Return" at that point. Then when I restarted the game "Return" worked so I didn't get to try anything else.

Better yet, "Favorite" the NPC and press "M" to see where they are at on the Map,
Oh! That's right, the favorite thing is a good trick to spot where an NPC is even if you just set it temporarily. Hadn't thought of that. Will keep it in mind for next time this happens. Thanks!

Reactions: John8r9

Shrouded_1

Jun 28, 2024
It seems you forgot to attach a screenshot.
In case this is a question about a game as a whole, this is a survival game similar to "Don't Starve", but lewd.
It also contains the sort of violence where you decorate your home with potted dicks. It is optional, but makes us worried for mental health of the developers. And physical health of their families. And for humanity.
In regards to the game as a whole, yes. I am asking myself "what in the holy hell is this"?

4.40 star(s) 59 Votes