Mar 2, 2021
[Y]ou obviously have not played Conan Exiles to say that Mad Island draws from The Forest.
I did play it, actually (almost 70 hours, in fact). I admit that mechanically, Conan Exiles can be similar to Mad Island with the slavery system, dismembering natives, and villages being present; maybe even the boss system is more similar. However, the vibes are way off – in Conan Exiles, as far as I remember, you are just as much of a native as they are. In The Forest and Mad Island, you are a survivor of the crash. In Mad Island, your grown-up descendants are literally a separate entity from those of natives, even if tamed. Both feature villages as well (check out their architecture; they are much closer to each other than Conan Exiles is to either of them). The player's cruelty is not to appease their god, but to directly influence the natives (fear in The Forest, increased raid level in Mad Island).

[O]ne could go around the games using similar tropes, but The Forest is the only one out there that is "famous," since content creators got a hold of it, therefore, it's the one that can be said more by people that... have more of a "normal" taste.
Yes. That's the point of the comparison - to give people an idea what the game is like. Even if Conan Exiles is mechanically closer to Mad Island, it means nothing if people aren’t familiar with the game. Conan Exiles has 68k reviews; The Forest has 473k. Approximately 6 times more people will understand one comparison over the other. Even if you ignore the similarity of the plot (which I don’t recommend you do), it still makes more sense to say “it’s like The Forest” rather than “it’s like Conan Exiles”.

Alternatively, you can just do both. You can say “It’s a bit of a mesh between the plot of The Forest, the mechanics of Conan Exiles, and the perspective and combat of Don't Starve, with influence from their previous works like Black Market”.

Reactions: flannan and John8r9

GenN5

Oct 2, 2024
Addition Memo 23

Growing potion (WARNING: DLC ONLY PART)
View attachment 3695268
don mind y this one's age is 0, use 18 grow potion and he/she will become adult (DLC ONLY)

u cannot use it on adults or old lady or the one just grown into adult by using this potion. You can only use it on small ones

View attachment 3695298

Mother's milk can only be acquired from milking female adults/small one (must be after giving birth one) in milker. (no npc required to work on them to produce milk)
18 potion to grow a child?

dinopara

Apr 1, 2021
In regards to the game as a whole, yes. I am asking myself "what in the holy hell is this"?
it's emadeplus, they have a thing for such tropes with games like riona's nightmare, little life and black market, they go hard.
in Conan Exiles, as far as I remember, you are just as much of a native as they are.
nah, you are a prisoner sent there against your will, even on island of siptah, you also can do cannibal-related decór if you use yog shrines...
Alternatively, you can just do both. You can say “It’s a bit of a mesh between the plot of The Forest, the mechanics of Conan Exiles, and the perspective and combat of Don't Starve, with influence from their previous works like Black Market”.
too much work and i would rather just say it's conan exiles and plays similar to elf sex farm since the point of my comparisons is look for the potential people that might be willing to ask for similar games with the +18 themes instead of SFW that many might know already, happens alot in here.

Reactions: MaestreOfChaos
Apr 18, 2020
Ok thanks...also where to find mandrake.
The Mushroom Forest/Swamp area
You will know when a Mandrake pop up with a funny sound effect
Do note that Mandrake will go back hiding after running away for a while

My Suggestion?
Grab a Wooden shovel and dig for clay while you roam around the place for it, it's all pure luck/chance for you to obtain one
And also Search in this thread for other methods

GenN5

Oct 2, 2024

My Suggestion?
Grab a Wooden shovel and dig for clay while you roam around the place for it, it's all pure luck/chance for you to obtain one
already doing that:cry:

dinopara

Apr 1, 2021
you can find it in swamp area, but they appers very rare
My Suggestion?
mandrakes are rarer than golden chickens, especially since devs upped chicken spawn rate, food for thought :WeSmart:

Apr 18, 2020
So I put her on livestock duty to collect milk but its not working
Well...If you had follow the steps (I assume those three captured natives has gave birth before)
Does she have her "Territory" circle over them? like the Milker within the circle?
If She has, the other thing that prevent the NPC from doing her job the Milker itself blocks her from going to the front to do her task
Recommend you put the milker above her "Territory" circle to prevent her from getting stuck behind them & spacing them out
Naturally all "Job" takes sometime for them to work, so sometimes they just do nothing like this screenshot here (some Cyborg doing nothing despite having the Livestock job)
If you want to prioritize efficiency
Put her in "Survivor" "No sex/love and prevent her from entering building" and narrow her "Territory" circle down to in front of the Milker.
1728584638393.png

Reactions: John8r9 and GenN5
Apr 18, 2020
Has anyone got a recent save will all quests done so far?
Kinda don't get the question here
You want a save with all quest completed?
Could easily be done with Cheats tho...(Run speed + Attack speed can speedrun the current state of the game easily)
If you want to view the animation, Shift + P in the menu

Ultimately asking for other people's save = you want to explore what they have build in the game
Not sure will DLC content & Cheat effects the savefile being loaded.

4.40 star(s) 59 Votes