Morghast

Jan 23, 2020
And lets face it, there is no revelation yet... we only know of what Anna did beacause we played that part of her story from her perspective. The story so far ends with Matt praising Anna about how great of a partner she is. So we first have to w8 for the actuall revelation and Matt's reaction to it (i think that Ramon will rub it to his face being the dick that he is) and how the story will unfold from there. My guess is that Anna will apologise and work her ass off to prepare him for the fight but im not the writer and maybe its more of an inner desire cause it has a redeeming factor. I guess the next update is gonna be a revelation focused one.

Reactions: DonDimonGames

texasterry

Jun 3, 2017
And lets face it, there is no revelation yet... we only know of what Anna did beacause we played that part of her story from her perspective. The story so far ends with Matt praising Anna about how great of a partner she is. So we first have to w8 for the actuall revelation and Matt's reaction to it (i think that Ramon will rub it to his face being the dick that he is) and how the story will unfold from there. My guess is that Anna will apologise and work her ass off to prepare him for the fight but im not the writer and maybe its more of an inner desire cause it has a redeeming factor. I guess the next update is gonna be a revelation focused one.
Yes, true. That would certainly be in Ramon's nature to do that, and especially true given William's orders to Ramon to provoke him into a beating at his hands, it almost seems assured...

But we won't know for sure how or when will Matt find out about Anna/Ramon. From Ramon in the gym?

Or from the butler, in the study, with the candlestick? (Sorry, I must have been channeling the 'Clue' board game for a second there...)

The open question in my mind is, is Anna too proud (hubris and a need for control are her character flaws) that she might not apologize to Matt? Will she genuinely be contrite? Or will she try to deflect blame toward Matt for not alerting her to the fact that Ramon works for Williams? Ironically, she has single-handedly put her own investigation into grave jeopardy, while she is constantly chastising Matt about how he talks on the phone, or having his car tailed...

Last edited:

Morghast

Jan 23, 2020
Yes, true. That would certainly be in Ramon's nature to do that, and especially true given William's orders to Ramon to provoke him into a beating at his hands, it almost seems assured...

But we won't know for sure how or when will Matt find out about Anna/Ramon. From Ramon in the gym?

Or from the butler, in the study, with the candlestick? (Sorry, it sounded like the 'Clue' board game for a second there...)

The open question in my mind is, is Anna too proud (hubris is her character flaw, it would seem...) that she might not apologize to Matt? Will she genuinely be contrite? Or will she try to deflect blame toward Matt for not alerting her to the fact that Ramon works for Williams? Ironically, she has single-handedly put her own investigation into grave jeopardy, while she is constantly chastising Matt about how he talks on the phone, or having his car tailed...
This to be honest can be a great branching moment for Anna in her story. Either she comes clean with Matt (and you play the redemption path) or choose not to apologise or even fail to see her mistake (and play a depravity/corruption path).
Anna is in no means a saint, we know it from the prologue. Having an afair with her collegue, giving in her lust after the prologue bar scene, giving in her lust inside the club and after the club, all the games she plays and the teasing she does. She is a woman who enjoys sexual play... How far she will go to satisfy her lust that remains to be seen.
But the thing with Ramon can be a major conflict point for her and Matt or the beggining to redeem her self and maybe start making some more "adult" choises when it comes to sex partners cause lets face it, she is a acting more like a horny teen when it comes to sex than a thinking adult.

quyxote

Aug 7, 2017
Well, I see Matt and Anna as independent characters.
They have only one partnership relationship that may have been broken by her involvement with Ramon. OK.
But for me Anna sees sex only as a trivial thing that has nothing to do with work. So maybe she doesn't think she's 'cheating' on Matt.
This revelation can serve as a lesson for Matt to awaken his 'bestial' side and fuck everyone around him, including Anna, since she likes to be dominated! :devilish:

texasterry

Jun 3, 2017
This to be honest can be a great branching moment for Anna in her story. Either she comes clean with Matt (and you play the redemption path) or choose not to apologise or even fail to see her mistake (and play a depravity/corruption path).
Anna is in no means a saint, we know it from the prologue. Having an afair with her collegue, giving in her lust after the prologue bar scene, giving in her lust inside the club and after the club, all the games she plays and the teasing she does. She is a woman who enjoys sexual play... How far she will go to satisfy her lust that remains to be seen.
But the thing with Ramon can be a major conflict point for her and Matt or the beggining to redeem her self and maybe start making some more "adult" choises when it comes to sex partners cause lets face it, she is a acting more like a horny teen when it comes to sex than a thinking adult.
Yes, it does seem likely that is would be a major cross road in the story. All the playable characters (and a good number of other npc's) all have flaws. Having both good and bad points to them. It only helps to provide conflict that in turn (mad turn?) makes the story interesting. All good stories need conflict as part of the story arc.

But it seems to me that Anna needs Matt more to achieve her deepest desire (to get Williams) than Matt needs Anna (to get back at Williams and secondarily to help Patti. I would even say helping the prostitute [forget her name] to escape Williams may actually be the most important thing for Matt now?) Matt could and should, tell Anne to 'f*ck off' and just walk away unless she tells him her 'master plan' and doesn't withhold any information from now on...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jccurtis

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
I think Anna will just keep it a secret, and continue her love affair with Ramon behind Matt's back. She doesn't see Matt as anything other than a tool to help her get revenge on Williams, his feelings are none of her concern; she literally could care less what reaction Matt would have...banging Ramon is the proof in the pudding.
I wouldn't be surprised if Anna starts working her way through Williams's crew, sleeping with one after the other, thinking it's part of her investigation.
The revelation will come during the fight with Ramon I'm guessing. A choice to give up or kick his ass after the revelation sort of thing. We'll see I guess.

DonDimonGames

Game Developer
May 1, 2018
I'm playing more slowly, and I have to say: the story of this game is so good! The characters are well built and the flow of dialogue is really good. Sometimes it reminds me of the movie Pulp Fiction. The soundtrack is also very well placed. This leads me to think: have you been inspired by any other work to think about this story?
This is a huge compliment for me! Especially considering that in the very early stages of game development, according to some players, one of the shortcomings of the game were below-average dialogs. When creating the story, I did not specifically focus on any movies or books. But I have watched "Pulp fiction" many times, and I really like it. Maybe something from this movie has settled on the subcortex of my brain. However, the same applies to all the other films I've watched in my life.
I'm curious to know more about this mysterious old man, John Smith (Old Chap). How does he know so much? Is it Matt's super ego? A hallucination of him as in the movie Fight Club?
For now, this character must be hidden under a veil of secrecy. In the same way as Sophia.
The game isn't even over yet and I'm already speculating what a sequel would look like: Mad Turn 2!
Sometimes I have these thoughts myself, but then I remember that I haven't finished the first part yet.:)

Reactions: texasterry

quyxote

Aug 7, 2017
For now, this character must be hidden under a veil of secrecy. In the same way as Sophia.
Sophia? Isn't that the name Anna uses to fuck Dave and Brandom? What's secret about it? My head is exploding with possibilities now. Will she somehow meet everyone who knows her as Sophia and will she have to act like that? This is so cool!

texasterry

Jun 3, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sorry that I confused you. I tend to be sarcastic (tongue-in-cheek) quite often, and it doesn't translate as obviously in my writing, plus I'm not the most direct writer you will ever encounter. Hell, sometimes I have to write something down BEFORE I even realize the 'point' that was itching, in the back of my mind, that wanted to get out. Then I have to rewrite it to make THAT point. lol

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And related to the Brandon/Claire issue, I thought that I'd share my opinion, since you seem receptive to feedback, and since the game is good enough that is has my interest. :)

My eyes (and everyone else's) will see different things, and experience different things from what you will (since the rest of us don't have access to your 'global' view of the story and all the million other things that cry for you attention, while you make it.) So, it seemed possible, that part of that path didn't resolve itself in a way that was consistent with the 'rules of the world' that you seem to be establishing (Alpha males/types of alcohol effects.) So I only offered another set of 'eyes' to mention something that seem a little 'askew' of those global ideas that seem to be underpinning your game. If it helps you, I'm glad. If it annoys you just ignore it. It is your game after all, and I have enjoyed it, so keep it as you wish. :)

Last edited:

texasterry

Jun 3, 2017
It helps me. There are no things that annoy me after Daz Studio crashed while creating the animation. :)
Ah! And things like this IS why I will never try to develop my own game. Instead I must wait patiently for industrious souls such as yourself, to make one that I find entertaining. :p
---
And since I only 'checked up' on you game's progress with the last version, and you do everything yourself, how many months does it average between updates? Including aforementioned DAZ crashes and all... :p

Last edited:

DonDimonGames

Game Developer
May 1, 2018
It's always different. In the beginning, I released updates with breaks of 3 -3.5 months. Then I managed to reduce this period to 2 months. But after the release of 0.9, I was too fascinated with work, and update 0.10 turned out to be much larger than all the previous ones. So the deadline increased again. I don't know yet when 0.10 will be released. For future updates, my goal is not more than 2 months between releases.

texasterry

Jun 3, 2017
It's always different. In the beginning, I released updates with breaks of 3 -3.5 months. Then I managed to reduce this period to 2 months. But after the release of 0.9, I was too fascinated with work, and update 0.10 turned out to be much larger than all the previous ones. So the deadline increased again. I don't know yet when 0.10 will be released. For future updates, my goal is not more than 2 months between releases.
Well, the main thing is that you continue to 'go at your own pace' (one that is comfortable and manageable for you) and that you keep enjoying the process. People can easily get overwhelmed, stressed out, or burned out if they feel the thing is controlling them and not the other way around. Which leads to everyone here's favorite result: a game with so much potential that is unfinished.

I don't get that sense from you, but I take nothing for granted. :)

I'm sure with each update, you will get a better handle on how much and where to break things off for each one. Managing a creative endeavor is always challenging since the creative types are not usually the most structured/organized/managers in the world and vice versa. It's kinda rare to find both traits in one person, so since you're doing this solo, I wish you much luck and success. :)

quyxote

Aug 7, 2017
I'm certainly more fascinated than you!:p I can't find more fun in any game on this forum after I discovered yours. I'm in your patreon but I haven't been in it for two weeks because I don't want to get spoilers. :LOL:

DonDimonGames

Game Developer
May 1, 2018
I'm certainly more fascinated than you!:p I can't find more fun in any game on this forum after I discovered yours. I'm in your patreon but I haven't been in it for two weeks because I don't want to get spoilers. :LOL:
There are some spoilers there, so your precautions are well-founded. :)

3.80 star(s) 24 Votes