sufang828

Apr 26, 2021
Unfortunately for Matt, Williams' experience and knowledge is still much higher than his. But at least Serena is more relaxed now

Reactions: Gerson876

Patchez

Русский Аплоадер
Uploader
Jun 12, 2017
I'd rather nail my ball to wood then play games like these where Ren'py could have done the same thing and much better. The interface, the loading, the clicking, how is this so highly rated?

botaniq_1

Mar 28, 2020
i wanted to download and try this game but i can't understand why there are 100 versions to download, i really don't understand why devs separate games into "seasons", instead of just letting players download a single file

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
i wanted to download and try this game but i can't understand why there are 100 versions to download, i really don't understand why devs separate games into "seasons", instead of just letting players download a single file
Usually separating into seasons is done because the files get too large for anybody to download. Sometimes the mirrors themselves restrict download sizes. Most of these aren't distributed via something like Steam, so they are limited by what a file sharing site allows. Additionally, sometimes people don't have enough data for the month to download. Games get big as it is already; if they are too big it's unreasonable to expect someone to download 12+GB for a single game via some of these sites.

botaniq_1

Mar 28, 2020
Usually separating into seasons is done because the files get too large for anybody to download. Sometimes the mirrors themselves restrict download sizes. Most of these aren't distributed via something like Steam, so they are limited by what a file sharing site allows. Additionally, sometimes people don't have enough data for the month to download. Games get big as it is already; if they are too big it's unreasonable to expect someone to download 12+GB for a single game via some of these sites.
this is very strange explanation for me because you can just separate files without separating the game, and 90% of the games i played no matter how much content they had did not need seasons
but may be for those weird people who do not have space on their hard drives it is reasonable

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
this is very strange explanation for me because you can just separate files without separating the game, and 90% of the games i played no matter how much content they had did not need seasons
I have no idea how Unity works, but saying, "you can just separate files without separating the game" sounds reductive to me. Maybe that would work, or since so many games don't do that when they get large enough, maybe that's not an option. I only know that the majority of the time having a single game in multiple seasons is done because of the overall game's size.
but may be for those weird people who do not have space on their hard drives it is reasonable
That seems pretty unreasonable. "They are different, therefore they are weird people." Really? Everyone's circumstance is different. I myself don't have data restrictions, but that doesn't mean people who do are "weird". Since crunched versions of games, download mirrors without data caps, etc., are asked for all the time on F95Zone, I'm pretty sure breaking larger games up makes the most sense for an indie developer. You may have played most games without this, but it happens quite often actually. Here are just a few games that have multiple Seasons, Acts, or whatever a particular game calls it:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And I don't play all the games where this happens, of course.

botaniq_1

Mar 28, 2020
everyone's circumstance is different
well may be that is so, but i can't imagine what minority of people does not have unlimited internet or some disk space, so they have like 2gb on their disk, and they have to download first season, play it, then delete it and download the second season
And because of it devs are distributing their games in such an abysmal way, like it is only 0.1 or 0.2 and you already have 3 different versions

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
well may be that is so, but i can't imagine what minority of people does not have unlimited internet or some disk space, so they have like 2gb on their disk, and they have to download first season, play it, then delete it and download the second season
And because of it devs are distributing their games in such an abysmal way, like it is only 0.1 or 0.2 and you already have 3 different versions
There are only 2 seasons. The third download to which you refer is the animated version, something available for higher tiers on Patreon. So the animated version only makes it over here if someone supporting at one of the higher tiers leaks it here (or if it becomes publicly available, ofc).

1666172233332.png

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
There are only 2 seasons. The third download to which you refer is the animated version, something available for higher tiers on Patreon. So the animated version only makes it over here if someone supporting at one of the higher tiers leaks it here (or if it becomes publicly available, ofc).

View attachment 2110132
Don't worry, you aren't missing out much with the animated remakes - if anything it removes content; like you can't do the 2 biker thing after coffeeshop, and it standardizes many of the sex scenes (in a bad way, like some of the foursomes you can no longer swap partners then end with someone else).

Until I hear otherwise, I'm convinced this game is on its eol stage - it's the usual flow, a good idea for a game happens, first few updates are great, then things start to slow down and the amount of "remix/remake/special edition renders" goes up, while the actual game releases slow down......

I'm 90% certain the bulk of "seasons" releases are done for marketing reasons, to try and gin up more press for an existing game.

Last edited:

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Until I hear otherwise, I'm convinced this game is on its eol stage - it's the usual flow, a good idea for a game happens, first few updates are great, then things start to slow down and the amount of "remix/remake/special edition renders" goes up, while the actual game releases slow down......
Not sure I agree.

This dev does not make a ton of money from this game ($240) and has been going since 2018. He has always taken a while in between releases. I have played a few abandoned games in my life and this one does not have the same feel to it.
(I have also played a ton of completed once)

Normally for abandoned games, it's starts off with a hectic pace with lots of updates. Then the updates start becoming further and further apart and then 6 months boom! gone!

Normally abandoned games also occur within the first year of starting off (Not always).

You get games like Milfy City, Dual Family where it seems like too much success leads to the devs just taking time off indefinitely.

None of these seems to apply to this game. No saying it will not happen, but I see no warning lights here.

Reactions: Beowulf72

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Not sure I agree.

This dev does not make a ton of money from this game ($240) and has been going since 2018. He has always taken a while in between releases. I have played a few abandoned games in my life and this one does not have the same feel to it.
(I have also played a ton of completed once)

Normally for abandoned games, it's starts off with a hectic pace with lots of updates. Then the updates start becoming further and further apart and then 6 months boom! gone!

Normally abandoned games also occur within the first year of starting off (Not always).

You get games like Milfy City, Dual Family where it seems like too much success leads to the devs just taking time off indefinitely.

None of these seems to apply to this game. No saying it will not happen, but I see no warning lights here.
ah thank you for the correction then - and yah thats more what I was referring to in the trajectory I referenced - big boom then its wasteland.

Reactions: Alfius

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
ah thank you for the correction then - and yah thats more what I was referring to in the trajectory I referenced - big boom then its wasteland.
Not saying it will not happen, but I do not see it with this one yet. Just looked at his Patreon and he still seems active there. Looks like the update will drop in the next couple of weeks.

3.80 star(s) 24 Votes