baltic1284

Apr 27, 2019
it had so much going for it too, that just leaves Little Bitch Academy as the last bastion of hope for a good story potential of this particular genre. It's only got 1 rogue creator, so it take forever to get a release a well.... If I had the money, I'd drop it in both these developers laps just so I can get the story they were wanting to develop... they have so much potential and possibly with a bigger budget they can upgrade everything.... sadly, the only way that can happen is if people read my book and prove to me that it's not a waste to publish. I mean knowing publishers that aren't just scams would help too
What you say is also true but so is the game engine they use RPG maker in any form isnt easy to work with little lone get on your computer and have that is required for it to work. Maybe switching Game engines to be more popen and easier would help in that.
As far as getting money I don't give money cause it isn't a one time pay and access to the whole game it is a system to constantly get money period and I don't do that.

Jasra343

Oct 4, 2018
What you say is also true but so is the game engine they use RPG maker in any form isnt easy to work with little lone get on your computer and have that is required for it to work. Maybe switching Game engines to be more popen and easier would help in that.
As far as getting money I don't give money cause it isn't a one time pay and access to the whole game it is a system to constantly get money period and I don't do that.
I actually referring to the true definition of a patron, but like I said, that would require author status money. Just imagine... magical camp story graphics and gameplay on unreal engine or the current best graphics developer engine

JackyHF

Jan 11, 2019
If a remake was to happen, it would almost certainly be made in GODOT. Unity is absolutely out, and Unreal is a bit too high-spec for this sort of thing.

Kosi20s

Apr 29, 2021
For some reason, I cannot access the phyre tower, I got the dream girl event where she give the key and siphon information, but when I talk with Isabella, there nothing.

Jun 7, 2021
Alas, another project turned out to be so ambitious that the author failed to fulfill his ambitions
Pretty sure they just didn't really know how/when to end it and so burnt-out

When your goal is to make a game about a guy getting feminized - and you reach the point where the guy is almost there - you should end it. Not carry on with some weird B plot, that even you don't really care about, and ram the game full of filler dungeons

tipoima

Jul 20, 2018
Pretty sure they just didn't really know how/when to end it and so burnt-out

When your goal is to make a game about a guy getting feminized - and you reach the point where the guy is almost there - you should end it. Not carry on with some weird B plot, that even you don't really care about, and ram the game full of filler dungeons
That wasn't the issue with the game. Writing-wise they were fine with everything except Alice's route.

Devs just hate RPGM with passion and got sick of trying to make it do things like they want to. Probably wouldn't be as bad if they worked on MV, but alas.

Reactions: Eurocorp

LandBeach

Jun 3, 2019
Probably wouldn't be as bad if they worked on MV, but alas.
I think they mentioned MV not being very good too.

As for what Pickles said, I was interested in the story, and besides feminization stuff there were sex scenes that could have been put in with romance routes. As it is now, Natalie is the only one who had many sex scenes.

Reactions: llat-2

JackyHF

Jan 11, 2019
MV is frankly the worst option to take. We might have gone with MZ, but it has similar issues to MV and I personally at least couldn't get used to some of its aspects.

Reactions: LandBeach

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019
At the end of the day, RPGM is just a glorified browser, sure it is easy to start out for a new developer, but once you start wanting to do more complex stuff, you quickly end up having to write 90%+ of the code in raw plugins anyway, which defeats the whole point by then of what RPGM offers, and with a language, that was never made for making games (and if a game gets big enough, the engine even becomes prone to crashing when saving the game, from the sheer size of the database json's (Also even with MV there is VERY limited searching functionality in the engine, VXAce I believe have NONE, so it is really tedious to navigate in a big game).
It really is a terrible engine in all aspects. Yes you can make amazing games with it, but to do so requires more effort, and probably with a lower performance result that most other game engines would. the ONLY good thing about it is the ease of use for a new developer, but even then that is an absolute trap imo, much better to take the time to learn a more robust engine from the start

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
I think they mentioned MV not being very good too.

As for what Pickles said, I was interested in the story, and besides feminization stuff there were sex scenes that could have been put in with romance routes. As it is now, Natalie is the only one who had many sex scenes.
I'm not sure how commmon this is, but I was actually so interested in the story that I couldn't stop thinking about the characters/fantheories/where the plot would go and it ended up getting a bit exhausting cuz i'd just be getting groceries or whatever and think "Man, I wish I could find out if X fan-theory is true"
Especially the whole 'The blonde original girl that first helps you out is actually your sister, and the camp manager lady is actually MC's mom' which seemed pretty likely
There are definitely 100 different ways to write the manager finding that out, and I feel like every single one of them would be really interesting to watch and amazing.
Revealing things to the audience is always really nice, but I think it's even more fun when you get to see a character's reaction to something an audience already knows
sorry for the random tangent, just have a lot of suppressed, forgotten passion for the story of this game. I also played in 8th grade back in like 2015 or something and enjoying it but not getting super into the story.
At least Little Bitch Academia (The most similar game to this one, even if missing a large amount of the incredible story) seems to be not abandoned? That one's also got a pretty rocky development though IIRC

Reactions: llat-2
4.30 star(s) 25 Votes