RPGM Complete Magical Girl Luna's Misfortunes[1.09][namaste koboo]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

TheByQ

Feb 14, 2018
Show the full filepath for the game. If it has any japanese in it. change it to english.

And once again. My own files have those extensions and it works just fine.

Edit: wait... 15th of April Last Year? What version of game did you download anyway?
You're right, I have accidentally totally completely forgot what English alphabet looks like, my bad, the path is so very clearly 100000000% japanese

1679081010864.png

Also, you have shown a single image, in folder that should have obviously more than one, with no filepath, no context
I have literally said the issue is with window.png_, to which everyone just kept going on and on about garbled text or japanese language or whatever.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
You're right, I have accidentally totally completely forgot what English alphabet looks like, my bad, the path is so very clearly 100000000% japanese

View attachment 2475419

I have literally said the issue is with window.png_, to which everyone just kept going on and on about garbled text or japanese language or whatever.
The issue is not with window.png_, it's just that's where the actual issue causes an error. RPGM isn't built with robust troubleshooting in mind, so the errors are usually generic and require trial and error or knowledge beyond RPGM to fix. This is why people are telling you to do certain things, because this problem has come up before, and been resolved by following these steps.

TheByQ

Feb 14, 2018
The issue is not with window.png_, it's just that's where the actual issue causes an error. RPGM isn't built with robust troubleshooting in mind, so the errors are usually generic and require trial and error or knowledge beyond RPGM to fix. This is why people are telling you to do certain things, because this problem has come up before, and been resolved by following these steps.
Look man, I have like 10 years of experience with dealing with RPGM, including japanese made games, so locale, japanese encoding, file path etc were the first things I checked. Since all of them were correct and every other RPGM game worked fine, including japanese games, I checked the files. I noticed they have an unusual extension, so I unpacked it again. And again. Then downloaded from another link. Still the same. So since that was the only possibility I saw I decided to report it and see what happens.

But I didn't predict people would be laser focused on "gibberish".

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
Look man, I have like 10 years of experience with dealing with RPGM, including japanese made games, so locale, japanese encoding, file path etc were the first things I checked. Since all of them were correct and every other RPGM game worked fine, including japanese games, I checked the files. I noticed they have an unusual extension, so I unpacked it again. And again. Then downloaded from another link. Still the same. So since that was the only possibility I saw I decided to report it and see what happens.

But I didn't predict people would be laser focused on "gibberish".
My own files of the game have that exact same extension and game works just fine, that is why I'm having my doubts it's caused by that.
However, by your file name I am spotting that you downloaded the Demo link from OP (I already suspected that when file's modification date was last year).

So this time I want you to try the following:
1. Go to Page 12 and press link that says it has Version 1.08 and download it.
2. And then replace the files in folder with two folders that will be in the rar file that I posted in this comment.

If it still doesn't work then I have no idea how to fix it.

Last edited:
Reactions: IronJovi

TheByQ

Feb 14, 2018
My own files of the game have that exact same extension and game works just fine, that is why I'm having my doubts it's caused by that.
However, by your file name I am spotting that you downloaded the Demo link from OP (I already suspected that when file's modification date was last year).

So this time I want you to try the following:
1. Go to Page 12 and press link that says it has Version 1.08 and download it.
2. And then replace the files in folder with two folders that will be in the rar file that I posted in this comment.

It it still doesn't work then I have no idea how to fix it.
Now that seems to have worked, thank you and I'm sorry.

Reactions: 12asdasdasd34

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
Now that seems to have worked, thank you and I'm sorry.
No worries. But I do wonder something. Did you download the links in OP and then applied one of the translation patches or did you just download the file in OP and try to launch it?

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
So I was a bit slow on the uptake, but anyway...

Monster MTL translated as Ferme.
Clipboard01.png

A completely unrelated Google Search.
Clipboard02.png

Finding out what each art monster references might take a while.

So if anyone here is a classical art enthusiast and knows what some chapter 4 monsters are referencing that would be great.

Reactions: Beggarman

Punyo

Jan 5, 2018
So I was a bit slow on the uptake, but anyway...

Monster MTL translated as Ferme.
View attachment 2484476

A completely unrelated Google Search.
View attachment 2484477

Finding out what each art monster references might take a while.

So if anyone here is a classical art enthusiast and knows what some chapter 4 monsters are referencing that would be great.
Could you please post all the Enemy picture you need help with?
I think I know few people I can ask around for.

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
Could you please post all the Enemy picture you need help with?
I think I know few people I can ask around for.
Turns out there's only 3 more(I thought there were more) and I think I identified one of them. So I'll try searching myself and then ask for more help if I fail to find anything.

EDIT: I think I managed to identify all of them.

100% Confident
Clipboard01.png Clipboard01 (4).png
Will be named Hokusai.

90% Confident
Clipboard01 (3).png Clipboard01 (5).png

While I couldn't pinpoint an exact painting with complete confidence. He has couple still lifes of fruits on a white cloth.
Will be named Cezanne.

40% Confident
Clipboard01 (2).png Clipboard01 (6).png

I asked ChatGPT and it suggested this:
Clipboard01 (7).png
Artist did have alot of paintings of bouquets. And it kinda tracks with this one being a human surrounded by a lot of flowers, however I can't pinpoint it to any exact painting.
Will be named Latour.

As always, if anyone else has other ideas or suggestion for the names feel free to suggest them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beggarman and Punyo

Punyo

Jan 5, 2018
40% Confident
View attachment 2484639 View attachment 2484643

I asked ChatGPT and it suggested this:
View attachment 2484650
Artist did have alot of paintings of bouquets. And it kinda tracks with this one being a human surrounded by a lot of flowers, however I can't pinpoint it to any exact painting.
Will be named Latour.

As always, if anyone else has other ideas or suggestion for the names feel free to suggest them.

I think I got it. Its Alphonse Mucha. It was driving me mad cause I felt like I saw it somewhere before (I am fan of his).
The Japanese fits ( アルフォンス・ミュシャ = Alfons Mucha , they are treating F for Ph, phonetically the same characters) DeepL kinda even agrees.

He is know for drawing a lot of women open sundresses like that and while I dont think its 100% exact match, I think I found the reference one.
1679413838546.png
Notice the distinct shape of flower petals, exactly four each in the enemy and painting (harder to see there) both.
So they are providing some variation or shortening of Alphonse.

Edit:
Screwed up a bit. Turns out he has a Museum in Sakai, isnt called Sakai Alphonse in Japan.
Also he is rather popular there and had influence on manga itself in Japan. Guess another Michael Jackson, huh?
Some fun reads about him and Japan.

Last edited:

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
I think I got it. Its Alphonse Mucha. It was driving me mad cause I felt like I saw it somewhere before (I am fan of his).
The Japanese fits (堺アルフォンス = Some Kanji Alphonse, they are treating F for Ph, phonetically the same characters) DeepL kinda even agrees.
View attachment 2484944

He is know for drawing a lot of women open sundresses like that and while I dont think its 100% exact match, I think I found the reference one.
View attachment 2484950
Notice the distinct shape of flower petals, exactly four each in the enemy and painting (harder to see there) both.
So they are providing some variation or shortening of Alphonse.
That does look similar. So it's quite possible that Fons was originally meant to be Phonse. Yeah I guess I'll go with that.

I assume for other two you are in agreement with my findings.

Edit: Thought a little more and names for these four will be: Cezann, Vermee, Phonse and Hokusa

Edit 2: Yeah, アルフォンス・ミュシャ is totally a reference to Alphonse Mucha (Bold part is ingame name) Thanks for help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Punyo

Punyo

Jan 5, 2018
Yeah, Hokusai is very easy to see.

Cezanne had another one image I think fits better, but thats just a nitpick.
1679414540098.png

Thanks for your work again.

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
WIP patch for V1.08 (Not ready for General Release)

What's been done since last time:
*Chapter 4's been edited to be point where you leave the Playland in Barrier World, which means all the monster encounters up to that point have received an editing pass.
*Settled on final name for Soleil
*Those Art monster names been tweaked.
*Tweaked Rico's spell names, spell descriptions and equipment.

To install: overwrite the "data" and "js" folders with the ones in .rar file.

Ramble: I read devs latest Ci-en post (well DeepL translated but whatever) and it seems like his plan for future is to maximize game's sales before he'll start working on a new game. This primarily involves a release of Chinese and English versions, and a release on Steam. With how it was written it seems like there's nothing truly concrete in place for english version ATM. There will also be further bugfix patches for the game.

Last edited:

Slitpipes

Mar 20, 2023
Hey guys apologies for asking what is probably a stupid question (I'm new here). I grabbed the files from the OP but for the life of me can't figure out how to get them to run. I have the demo from dlsite unzipped and it runs fine, i just can't read any of it.

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
Hey guys apologies for asking what is probably a stupid question (I'm new here). I grabbed the files from the OP but for the life of me can't figure out how to get them to run. I have the demo from dlsite unzipped and it runs fine, i just can't read any of it.
you should download the 1.08 version on the previous page. These latest patches aren't compatible with the demo in the OP.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes