RPGM Complete Magical Girl Luna's Misfortunes[1.09][namaste koboo]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Macavity

Aug 16, 2019
A translation suggestion. For the skills "Magical power" and "Magical Guard" it would be nice if the description mentioned that you get an extra turn after casting them. Only discovered that in the postgame. And I can't believe how much content there is in the good ending postgame too.
noir.png

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
A translation suggestion. For the skills "Magical power" and "Magical Guard" it would be nice if the description mentioned that you get an extra turn after casting them. Only discovered that in the postgame. And I can't believe how much content there is in the good ending postgame too.
View attachment 2491491
I'll look into those skill descriptions.
EDIT: Yeah these two descriptions were unedited and most of the text got cut off due to formatting. Fixed now.
Clipboard01 - Copy.png Clipboard01.png

And yeah, while I'll consider completion of Chapter 5 a major milestone. It will still be fair way from being finished.

Last edited:

Slitpipes

Mar 20, 2023
Question for you guys, I grabbed the 1.08 version last night, extracted with the new version of Winrar as someone recommended, launch the game and it's in Japanese. Yes I have, Japanese characters in the file path, no I do not know how to change that. I have read the thread a couple times since I know everyone hates to see the same question over and over. For the sake of me and those like me may I please request a "Do this, idiot" style list of steps for people who are super new to running games like this. Thank you, Y'all are the best :) :)

Reactions: Punyo

Noby

Nov 17, 2018
Question for you guys, I grabbed the 1.08 version last night, extracted with the new version of Winrar as someone recommended, launch the game and it's in Japanese. Yes I have, Japanese characters in the file path, no I do not know how to change that. I have read the thread a couple times since I know everyone hates to see the same question over and over. For the sake of me and those like me may I please request a "Do this, idiot" style list of steps for people who are super new to running games like this. Thank you, Y'all are the best :) :)
Just a sanity check, but you only mentioned getting the 1.08 version and extracting it. Did you download the translation patch and apply it?

Slitpipes

Mar 20, 2023
perfectly good sanity check, I just grabbed the 1.08 as recommended but thought the translation files were included. I'll go figure out which ones I need.

Noby

Nov 17, 2018
No problem, that's usually how games on this site work.

The latest patch is near the bottom of page 13 in this thread, it has instructions for how to apply it.

Noby

Nov 17, 2018
Okay, what is the trick to the bunny girls? I genuinely can't figure it out, and the review session doesn't help.

It can't just be random chance, or else I've lost a coin flip 30 times in a row. What am I missing?

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
Okay, what is the trick to the bunny girls? I genuinely can't figure it out, and the review session doesn't help.

It can't just be random chance, or else I've lost a coin flip 30 times in a row. What am I missing?
beat them as quickly as possible.

theryo2001

Dec 2, 2018
So I haven't touched the post game content yet (waiting for the translation), but my friend has and they can't figure something out.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Any ideas?

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
So I haven't touched the post game content yet (waiting for the translation), but my friend has and they can't figure something out.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Any ideas?
I haven't touched post game much myself (I'm working on text pretty chronologically as you might tell) but can I get the save folder to check if it's not something my translation is breaking?

Noby

Nov 17, 2018
beat them as quickly as possible.
But the very first one gets to go first, and I don't get a turn until I guess correctly. I eventually got it right somehow and managed to beat her, and all the other ones die before they can move, but is there really no trick to the "game" at all? Their dialogue suggests it's rigged and I haven't "figured it out" yet.

Edit: Oh, "Let's play three games at once" actually means "three games in a row". She gets to go three times, not until you win. Still, if you lose all three, you're gagged and at that point you basically lose. Not sure what the original line was in Japanese, and it's not huge, but I might recommend changing that translation to be more clear. Then again, I seem to be the only one who had a problem with her, so maybe it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
But the very first one gets to go first, and I don't get a turn until I guess correctly. I eventually got it right somehow and managed to beat her, and all the other ones die before they can move, but is there really no trick to the "game" at all? Their dialogue suggests it's rigged and I haven't "figured it out" yet.

Edit: Oh, "Let's play three games at once" actually means "three games in a row". She gets to go three times, not until you win. Still, if you lose all three, you're gagged and at that point you basically lose. Not sure what the original line was in Japanese, and it's not huge, but I might recommend changing that translation to be more clear. Then again, I seem to be the only one who had a problem with her, so maybe it doesn't matter.
When I was editing that text my intent was that Luna hadn't figured out that it was rigged, which made her an easy target to exploit. (if it didn't come well across I'm sorry.)
As far as I can tell there is no real way to win it legitimately. However if the bunny you were having trouble with was the one at the entrance then that fight is optional. Just don't piss her off.

Noby

Nov 17, 2018
When I was editing that text my intent was that Luna hadn't figured out that it was rigged, which made her an easy target to exploit. (if it didn't come well across I'm sorry.)
As far as I can tell there is no real way to win it legitimately. However if the bunny you were having trouble with was the one at the entrance then that fight is optional. Just don't piss her off.
The rigged part came across fine. That's exactly what I got from those lines. It was that, combined with me getting phenomenally unlucky, that made me assume I literally couldn't win until I figured out the trick. (Seriously, I literally lost almost 30 coin flips in a row). Going back and testing it again, I managed to win a couple times, so maybe it really is just a coin flip.

For the translation, I was specifically referring to the "three games at once" line. I read that as "let's play three entirely different games all at the same time". I would probably have written it as something like "Let's play three games in a row". I did notice that I could eventually act, but by then I was fully bound and assumed I was in one of those game over states where it lets you pretend to struggle even though you can't win.

Great job on the translation otherwise, though. I appreciate all your work.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes