RPGM Complete Magical Girl Luna's Misfortunes[1.09][namaste koboo]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
The rigged part came across fine. That's exactly what I got from those lines. It was that, combined with me getting phenomenally unlucky, that made me assume I literally couldn't win until I figured out the trick. (Seriously, I literally lost almost 30 coin flips in a row). Going back and testing it again, I managed to win a couple times, so maybe it really is just a coin flip.

For the translation, I was specifically referring to the "three games at once" line. I read that as "let's play three entirely different games all at the same time". I would probably have written it as something like "Let's play three games in a row". I did notice that I could eventually act, but by then I was fully bound and assumed I was in one of those game over states where it lets you pretend to struggle even though you can't win.

Great job on the translation otherwise, though. I appreciate all your work.
Hmm, that might be some text I missed, I'll check. The way combat text is stored is that it's usually a bit all over the place.

Noby

Nov 17, 2018
Hmm, that might be some text I missed, I'll check. The way combat text is stored is that it's usually a bit all over the place.
Not sure if they all say it, I think it's specifically the one at the entrance once you fight her. The line is literally "Let's play three games at once.", if that helps you track it down. It's her second line right at the start.

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
Not sure if they all say it, I think it's specifically the one at the entrance once you fight her. The line is literally "Let's play three games at once.", if that helps you track it down. It's her second line right at the start.
I found it. It seems original line translates to "Let's play three games"

Taking in your feedback I tweaked it to say "How about three quick rounds?"
EDIT: Posting the direct text helps immensely in locating text since I can then just CTRL+F it.

Reactions: Punyo

Noby

Nov 17, 2018
I found it. It seems original line translates to "Let's play three games"

Taking in your feedback I tweaked it to say "How about three quick rounds?"
Sounds good to me. I would read that and assume the initial game would end after three rounds, which it does.

Obviously there's the game problem of it being random whether or not you can even win, but that's not exactly a translation issue.

Macavity

Aug 16, 2019
So I haven't touched the post game content yet (waiting for the translation), but my friend has and they can't figure something out.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Any ideas?
Noir has a teleporter to a hidden Tea room in a house by the museum in the chapter 4 city. The tea room has teleporters that go to her various bases. There is a yellow teleporter there that is broken also. The yellow teleporter there went to the tea room, but was broken in the final battle with Noir. That is my guess.

There was also a yellow circle in the prison of the bad end dungeon, so it could be a broken connection to that also. If you notice, in the post game dungeon you are actually decending through the bad end dungeon that you are climbing out of in the bad end of the game , so those areas should be connected.

nana4

Aug 6, 2020
So I just finished 100% the game and this is arguably one of the H-games the most packed with post-end content I've ever seen! So good.

Can someone upload ver. 1.09

So I haven't touched the post game content yet (waiting for the translation), but my friend has and they can't figure something out.
Any ideas?

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
Main question to those following the thread. Should push out a WIP patch for V1.09 now or wait until I wrap up Chapter 4?

Now for couple names I want to get input on and what to do with them:
Al/Alus - アルス(Arusu), if we follow how previous 3 witches were named this one should also be some kind of wordplay. Most likely relating to art in some way. However, I have no good ideas on how to adapt it to English. (Best one I had was Katie/Kartrina, but I'd rather not use these ones)

Reiss - レイス(Reisu) I am not sure if my current choice is correct, it's possible I'm missing something with this one as well.

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
NOW AND FAST please.
Ask and ye shall receive.

WIP Patch for V1.09 (Not ready for General release)

What's been done since last time:

*Chapter 4 edited up to the point where Parfeta helps you escape from Alus.
*Description of the Magical Power and Magical Guard skills tweaked.
*1st Sulky Bunny encounter's text tweaked (after a little more thinking it now says: "Let's play three rounds of roulette."

To install: Insert the "data" and "js" folders to raw JP version of V1.09 (I believe it can work on an older version(BUT NOT THE DEMO) or an even already translated version but I'm not 100% sure.)

Rambling: For Leia's and Yui's dialogue I tried to up the level of formality a notch while editing, since they are nobles/noble's servants. I would like to get some input on if I haven't gone overboard.

Reactions: TengenPixel

nana4

Aug 6, 2020
Now for couple names I want to get input on and what to do with them:
Al/Alus - アルス(Arusu), if we follow how previous 3 witches were named this one should also be some kind of wordplay. Most likely relating to art in some way. However, I have no good ideas on how to adapt it to English. (Best one I had was Katie/Kartrina, but I'd rather not use these ones)

Reiss - レイス(Reisu) I am not sure if my current choice is correct, it's possible I'm missing something with this one as well.
アルス comes from "ars" in latin and it's a word that literally means art in Japanese, so I suggest keeping it as "Ars". There is already a vtuber from Nijisanji who's called Ars too, so it doesn't seem that out of place to me to keep it that way in English.

For レイス, I suppose it could be a wordplay with "Wraith" which is spelled the same in Japanese. It could be vaguely related to her ability to control spatial magic, but maybe that's stretching it. Reiss sounds fine to me.

Reactions: 12asdasdasd34

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
アルス comes from "ars" in latin and it's a word that literally means art in Japanese, so I suggest keeping it as "Ars". There is already a vtuber from Nijisanji who's called Ars too, so it doesn't seem that out of place to me to keep it that way in English.

For レイス, I suppose it could be a wordplay with "Wraith" which is spelled the same in Japanese. It could be vaguely related to her ability to control spatial magic, but maybe that's stretching it. Reiss sounds fine to me.
Thanks for chiming in. I think I'll keep alias for her child form as Al, but for her true identity go with Ars.

Noby

Nov 17, 2018
Based on the pronunciation, I probably would have gone with Alice, but if it's supposed to be some kind of wordplay, that probably wouldn't work.

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
Based on the pronunciation, I probably would have gone with Alice, but if it's supposed to be some kind of wordplay, that probably wouldn't work.
All Witch bosses are wordplay.
Witch with focus on dark arts and entrapments that are black - Noir
Witch whose skills are described as Corrosion and Erosion - Risty
Witch with dream powers - Mare/Mea

Noby

Nov 17, 2018
I think you probably misread it as アリス instead of アルス
Oh, I don't even read Japanese. I was just going off the earlier post saying it was read as a-ru-su. Sounded kind of like a Japanese reading of "Alice" to me.

Reactions: nana4
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes