RPGM Complete Magical Girl Luna's Misfortunes[1.09][namaste koboo]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Bondage Queen

Jun 25, 2018
How far did you make?
It gets harder as it goes, to the point where you have to make extremely precise moves for long periods in areas that are almost trial and error, and when you fail you go way far back. You don't get much for winning either. Just cheat if you want to see for yourself.

Oct 13, 2017
It gets harder as it goes, to the point where you have to make extremely precise moves for long periods in areas that are almost trial and error, and when you fail you go way far back. You don't get much for winning either. Just cheat if you want to see for yourself.
I made it through, right after that checkpoint I macroed to, there was the moving square, by far the most annoying part, rest of it wasn't actually that bad.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: nana4

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
So in the demo I crushed Risty (The witch of erosion/latex) in a single attempt, but now i'm playing the actual game I can't seem to do it.

I don't know if things are diffrent in the main game, if I just forgot the gimmick (it's been a couple of days) or if I'm missing something.

1: Remove the black amulets
2: Don't use physical attacks, use fire spells instead.
3: Kill the black orb as soon as she spawns them so they can't grapple you.
4: When restrained, don't resist, that just spreads it faster.
5: When restrained, use your breakout spell immediately, or she'll defeat you in one more turn.
6: She's weak to fire damage.

Except... sometimes I get her down to like 10% hp before she breaks out the binding moves but sometimes she does it at 50%?
She hits me with the entrapment move... but then completely binds me before my next turn activates so I can't use my breakout?

Is the innocence spell too slow? Am I supposed to be resisting? It gives me three chances per turn (6 total) but i've never seen it succeed and failing just makes things worse.

What am I forgetting here?

edit: figured it out.
You CAN succeed at resisting her Black Corrosion, and you need to do it at least once, or you won't have enough time for your spell to go off.
That's not how I remember it. Isn't her whole gimmick supposed to be that struggling just makes it worse?

Edit2: She went into her Black Garden move twice, meaning I didn't have enough TP to break out the second time. Also, the review message at the end specifically says that struggling doesn't work and only the spell can get you free, which is bullshit. You have to struggle to buy time to use the spell.
Edit3: Yeah, she just fucking does it again back-to-back. I tried to DPS race her anyway and got her down to just slightly over 100hp, but there's no way to resist after she summons the half-a-dozen floating balls.

Maybe porting my save over from the demo broke something? Or I just need to grind to a higher level?

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2017
So in the demo I crushed Risty (The witch of erosion/latex) in a single attempt, but now i'm playing the actual game I can't seem to do it.

I don't know if things are diffrent in the main game, if I just forgot the gimmick (it's been a couple of days) or if I'm missing something.

1: Remove the black amulets
2: Don't use physical attacks, use fire spells instead.
3: Kill the black orb as soon as she spawns them so they can't grapple you.
4: When restrained, don't resist, that just spreads it faster.
5: When restrained, use your breakout spell immediately, or she'll defeat you in one more turn.
6: She's weak to fire damage.

Except... sometimes I get her down to like 10% hp before she breaks out the binding moves but sometimes she does it at 50%?
She hits me with the entrapment move... but then completely binds me before my next turn activates so I can't use my breakout?

Is the innocence spell too slow? Am I supposed to be resisting? It gives me three chances per turn (6 total) but i've never seen it succeed and failing just makes things worse.

What am I forgetting here?

edit: figured it out.
You CAN succeed at resisting her Black Corrosion, and you need to do it at least once, or you won't have enough time for your spell to go off.
That's not how I remember it. Isn't her whole gimmick supposed to be that struggling just makes it worse?

Edit2: She went into her Black Garden move twice, meaning I didn't have enough TP to break out the second time. Also, the review message at the end specifically says that struggling doesn't work and only the spell can get you free, which is bullshit. You have to struggle to buy time to use the spell.
Edit3: Yeah, she just fucking does it again back-to-back. I tried to DPS race her anyway and got her down to just slightly over 100hp, but there's no way to resist after she summons the half-a-dozen floating balls.

Maybe porting my save over from the demo broke something? Or I just need to grind to a higher level?
Read ingame battle review, it's quite useful! She also uses black corrosion spell, when your health is low, use regen. Use area spells when she spawn in all the balls at once.

As for using demo save in full game, one of readme's suggest against it. My guess is, you will be boned shortly after this fight, as it is where demo ends.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Read ingame battle review, it's quite useful! She also uses black corrosion spell, when your health is low, use regen. Use area spells when she spawn in all the balls at once.
I literally talked about the review in my post. I'm well aware of her black corrosion spell.
Using Regen doesn't really work. Any turn spent not burning her down as fast as possible just gives her more opertunities to use her now-inescapable binding attack.
What I need, I guess, is just a little bit extra damage.

As for area spells I only have ice, I don't have a fire one. I don't know if it'd do enough damage to kill the balls, but it wouldn't kill her and since I needed her dead in one turn before she bound me with her black tar, it wouldn't have helped.

Also, you can load the post-demo scene in the main game, if you have a save there, which implies that a demo-save is compatible. Probably not a good idea though.
I don't really wanna replay the whole first 2 zones since I literally just beat those like a week ago, but ugh.

I guess it was rebalanced or something and the level that I beat the demo at is no-longer sufficient for the same fight in the main game. Or I just got lucky the first time around, i guess.
Or maybe in the full release there's spells that I should have unlocked when levelling up that I don't have because they weren't present in the demo?

Either way, I guess I have to start over.
Oh well.

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
I literally talked about the review in my post. I'm well aware of her black corrosion spell.
Using Regen doesn't really work. Any turn spent not burning her down as fast as possible just gives her more opertunities to use her now-inescapable binding attack.

As for area spells I only have ice, I don't have a fire one. I don't know if it'd do enough damage to kill the balls, but it wouldn't kill her and since I needed her dead in one turn before she bound me with her black tar, it wouldn't have helped.

Also, you can load the post-demo scene in the main game, if you have a save there, which implies that a demo-save is compatible. Probably not a good idea though.
I don't really wanna replay the whole first 2 zones since I literally just beat those like a week ago, but ugh.

I guess it was rebalanced or something and the level that I beat the demo at is no-longer sufficient for the same fight in the main game. Or I just got lucky the first time around, i guess.
Or maybe in the full release there's spells that I should have unlocked when levelling up that I don't have because they weren't present in the demo?

Oh well.
Group Ice spell can kill balls easily.
Other option that can help is that buff spells stack twice and don't cost a turn.
There was also a Rubbermaid NPC on 2nd Floor(Secret Wall you need to interact with) that gives a useful accessory if you bring what she wants.
Another NPC is in the Apis Forest at left side of the screen through a hidden path that gives some also potentially useful stuff.

Reactions: iamnuff

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Group Ice spell can kill balls easily.
Other option that can help is that buff spells stack twice and don't cost a turn.
There was also a Rubbermaid NPC on 2nd Floor(Secret Wall you need to interact with) that gives a useful accessory if you bring what she wants.
Another NPC is in the Apis Forest at left side of the screen through a hidden path that gives some also potentially useful stuff.
I never used the buff spell much, so I don't think I realized that it doesn't cost a turn.
Does it use TP instead of MP?

Oct 13, 2017

Oh well.

Oh well.
Well, I tried it again. Sorry, I forgot that it was maid that changed her attack patterns when player's HP is low, but I found regen still useful, I was running out of HP.

-Balls have fire weakness, but unlike the boss, they don't have ice resistance. Area ice spell should one hit kill balls, I'm not sure how much HP they have, but 300 damage is enough and it is achievable at that stage. If you don't deal that much, look at your equipment and change it to maximize magic attack. In worst case you'll have to hit them twice, which is still better than killing them one by one.

-You don't have to escape corrosion spell immediately, you're good as long as long as it doesn't close your mouth. So deal with balls first. It's 50% to resist.

-Also, she's weak against physical attacks, while she counters it with corrosion, if you spent most levels on ATK like I did, you can finish her with a rock-cutter punch. It can shave off a turn from defeat time.

As for save compatibility, every RPGM game uses same structure for saves, as long as it doesn't call anything undefined it will load. It may as well work, but the author probably didn't bother to check... but then of course you may encounter a problem close to the end of the game.

Last edited:

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
-You don't have to escape corrosion spell immediately, you're good as long as long as it doesn't close your mouth. So deal with balls first. It's 50% to resist.
It tries to bind you three times per turn. It takes six 'advancements' to fully bind your mouth.
You supposedly succeed on a 3 or lower and prevent it from spreading but it feels more like you have a hidden 90% chance to fail.
I've resisted on all six actions across two turns and if i'm lucky I'll succeed once, which allows me to cast the Innocence spell (assuming I tried to use it the first chance I got) before she covers my mouth.

So in short, the moment she starts to bind you, you HAVE to use the spell to break out, and then you HAVE to succeed on at least one resistance check. (which isn't guaranteed)

If you don't do both of those things, you WILL be captured on your next turn before you can act.

As for save compatibility, every RPGM game uses same structure for saves, as long as it doesn't call anything undefined it will load.
No, I mena that the demo-only room from the end of the demo still exists as a level that you can walk around in, in the main game. Thus indicating that the developer at least considered that people would try to load their demo saves.

If they really didn't want you to, they could have deleted all the data for that area from the game-files and then my game would have crashed when I tried to load it.

Oct 13, 2017
I've resisted on all six actions across two turns and if i'm lucky I'll succeed once, which allows me to cast the Innocence spell (assuming I tried to use it the first chance I got) before she covers my mouth.
Probability of failing 50% check six times is a row 1.6% or 1 out of 64. Either you're really unlucky or your game is truly screwed. From my experience it is roughly 50% chance to resist.

No, I mena that the demo-only room from the end of the demo still exists as a level that you can walk around in, in the main game. Thus indicating that the developer at least considered that people would try to load their demo saves.

If they really didn't want you to, they could have deleted all the data for that area from the game-files and then my game would have crashed when I tried to load it.
They could do that, but it would require extra effort. If they wanted to, they could also add an option to continue the story from the demo gallery room. Most likely they went lazy route and didn't do anything for the matter. If it works, good for you! If it doesn't, well, we warned you.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Probability of failing 50% check six times is a row 1.6% or 1 out of 64.
Like I've said, given how the Review after the fight is over specifically tells you that struggling against the corrosion-tar doesn't work, and the only way to escape is to use your Innocence spell, I assume that it's entirely deliberate that the results i'm getting don't actually reflect a proper dice-roll.
Actually, what's more suppressing is that it even works at all.
Because it shouldn't. The narrative directly tells you that struggling against it won't work.

If it works, good for you! If it doesn't, well,
Like I said, i'm probably just going to start over. It's just annoying is all.
Maybe I can get a speedhack working to make it faster?

Oct 13, 2017
Like I've said, given how the Review after the fight is over specifically tells you that struggling against the corrosion-tar doesn't work, and the only way to escape is to use your Innocence spell, I assume that it's entirely deliberate that the results i'm getting don't actually reflect a proper dice-roll.
Because it shouldn't. The narrative directly tells you that struggling against it won't work.
You're right, the narrative tells you not to struggle, but it doesn't tell you not to resist! I also at first assumed those actions are the same, but clearly they aren't.

Like I said, i'm probably just going to start over. It's just annoying is all.
Maybe I can get a speedhack working to make it faster?
I don't have a speedhack, but here's something that will make it a lot faster. Make a backup of Skills.json in data folder and extract this one in its place. Now basic attack one hit KO's every enemy at once. Just hold ctrl to speed up dialogues. The game expects you to be at lv15 at the last boss of the demo, so make sure you are. Afterwards replace with original file.

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
To clarify this, resisting the spread of the corrosion as it tries to spread across you is different from the struggle action, which is an action that you can choose to take on your turn. The struggle action will trigger the spread of corruption to be resisted (another 3 times, so you get 6 in a single turn. Struggling really screws you over). So you should always resist (and unless you have really bad luck you should hold it off long enough to use innocence) but never struggle.

Functionally I think of resisting as a magical form of resistance, using your magic internally to slow the spread of the corrosion across you. Because it's technically a transformation spell. Whereas the struggle action is physically resisting and tearing at your binds (you are ridiculously strong after all, with powerful punches and the ability to tear yourself out of very strong binding and later in the game bash down a door by repeatedly ramming into it.). Physically tearing at the corrosion though, just gives it access to more of your body and lets it spread faster, unlike resisting, which is more along the lines of pushing your magic against the spread of it.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
To clarify this, resisting the spread of the corrosion as it tries to spread across you is different from the struggle action, which is an action that you can choose to take on your turn. The struggle action will trigger the spread of corruption to be resisted (another 3 times, so you get 6 in a single turn. Struggling really screws you over). So you should always resist (and unless you have really bad luck you should hold it off long enough to use innocence) but never struggle.

Functionally I think of resisting as a magical form of resistance, using your magic internally to slow the spread of the corrosion across you. Because it's technically a transformation spell. Whereas the struggle action is physically resisting and tearing at your binds (you are ridiculously strong after all, with powerful punches and the ability to tear yourself out of very strong binding and later in the game bash down a door by repeatedly ramming into it.). Physically tearing at the corrosion though, just gives it access to more of your body and lets it spread faster, unlike resisting, which is more along the lines of pushing your magic against the spread of it.
I think I forgot that 'Struggle' was even an action, because I never bothered to use it.

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
I think I forgot that 'Struggle' was even an action, because I never bothered to use it.
It is rather rare that it makes tactical sense to choose it as an option. Especially after you unlock more Innocence spells, like Innocence shield which makes you immune to capture attacks for 5 turns, and innocence ... punch? I can't remember what it was called, but it was an attack that was immune to being countered.

Practically once you have more innocence spells if you are in a position where you can struggle, either you screwed up the setup and got hit when you shouldn't, or your about to use the full innocence and pop yourself right back out. If you can't do that, you've probably taken a wrong turn somewhere.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes