RPGM Complete Magical Girl Luna's Misfortunes[1.09][namaste koboo]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
Clipboard01.png
WIP Patch for V1.09 (Not ready for General release)

What's been done since last update:
Chapter 5 finished.

What's not Finished: Post-Game, Bad End Scenario, Extras Menu, Bestiary.

What I Won't Do: Picture files that have Japanese in them.

To install: Drag and Drop the "data" and "js" folders and the "index.html" file into full game's folder (Not compatible with Demo versions) and allow it to overwrite everything.

Rambling: The defeat event against Black Cage isn't edited yet, but I count it as part of the Bad End so it'll probably be edited at some point later.

Last edited:

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
So is the OP just a two chapter demo? Or is it the most current version?
That does seem to be what's in the OP. I've just been following the thread for the translation updates, so I didn't realize. Might be posted somewhere else in the thread.

Here, found it for you. The search bar is your friend.

Though, be aware that the creator seems to have plans to make a chapter 6 in the future.

nana4

Aug 6, 2020
A comment from the author about the Steam version:

Namaste Koubou said:
[Yes,] I guess the Steam version will be using a patch. By prioritizing support [with Steam], the game may become full of holes [without the patch], but I think it can't be helped. The localization won't be done by a publisher, but by someone I'm putting my trust in independently. By doing this work, I want the amount of bondage works to increase, and the amount of ero-battle kind of games to increase more and more. The market is far from big enough yet to allow diverse ero-battle games to be born. I'm thinking: "I want to attempt various things that I'm able to do to help expand this market potential". Well, there are all kinds of uncertain elements, but I think fear of risk and not progressing forward is the biggest problem, so let's go as far we can! (Tell me if you get any good ideas!)
Original comment below:
なますて工房 said:
Steam版はパッチ対応でしょうね。対応を優先すると、スカスカになりそうですがしょうがないかなと思っています。ローカライズはパブリッシャーではなく、独自に信頼をおける方にお願いしています。 この活動を通して、拘束作品が増えること、戦闘エロ系の作品がもっともっと増えることを目指しています。多様な戦闘エロ作品が生まれるようにするためには、まだまだ市場の大きさが足りません。この市場の可能性を広げるためにできることは色々と挑戦したいなぁと思っています。まぁ、色々と不確定要素はありますが、リスクを恐れて前に進まないことが一番の問題かと思うので、行けるところまでいきましょ!(何かいいアイディアがあったら教えて!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Beggarman

redghost14

Jul 19, 2017
That does seem to be what's in the OP. I've just been following the thread for the translation updates, so I didn't realize. Might be posted somewhere else in the thread.

Here, found it for you. The search bar is your friend.

Though, be aware that the creator seems to have plans to make a chapter 6 in the future.
Thanks for that. I rarely have luck with the search bar though. The results are always randomly ordered. Plus trying to figure out the magic word to search for can get annoying too.

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
WIP Patch for V1.09 (Not ready for General release)

What's been done since last update:
*Chapter 5:

Black Cage Defeat Event edited.
Innocence Dive skill description fixed.
*Post-Game
Text when giving items to Soleil edited.
Many formatting fixes inside Recollection Room.
*Bad End
??? Room (Room where you get text walkthrough for Bad End dungeon) edited.
*Misc
Some formatting errors in early review sessions fixed.
Fixed Magic Server (Reiss) and Cursed Painting Bestiary descriptions to not overflow.

What's not Finished: Post-Game, Bad End Scenario, Extras Menu, Bestiary.

What I Won't Do: Picture files that have Japanese in them.

To install: Drag and Drop the "data" and "js" folders and the "index.html" file into full game's folder (Not compatible with Demo versions) and allow it to overwrite everything.

Rambling: This update primarily makes opening sections of Post-game look more presentable.
At this point I'd be very happy if anyone that plays this reports any text that looks rough in chapters 1 through 5, be it wonky formatting, awkward wording or still being in Japanese (If you do, please screenshot it, makes finding it much easier).

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
At this point I'd be very happy if anyone that plays this reports any text that looks rough in chapters 1 through 5, be it wonky formatting, awkward wording or still being in Japanese (If you do, please screenshot it, makes finding it much easier).
While I can't comment on the updates since then, I played the April 20 version, and things looked fine up through chapter 4.

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
While I can't comment on the updates since then, I played the April 20 version, and things looked fine up through chapter 4.
What I'm primarily am looking for is some borderline nitpicking when it comes to the text. But it is good to know that a casual go through is mostly painless.

FoxMelody

Mar 15, 2021
Edit: Wouldnt Mirromancy be better idea? It fits both but doubt many people know what Katoptron or Catoptromancy is...
Katoptron is just the Greek word for a mirror. Given that in the Japanese version it is already called such, and they probably have even less chance of knowing that word than speakers of European languages, then I see no reason to overcorrect it in translation. You wouldn't change necromancy to undeadmancy.

Guys, can you advice some games like this one?
guitarhero47 To share some maybe helpful recommendations of my own. If you are able to really get into the feel of power deterioration and eventual helplessness, while not getting immensely triggered by going against basic gamer sense - you can totally go wild on the aforementioned Quartz Amethyst & Quartz Emerald. They are a great experience in that regard, but their actual battle gameplay is a bit lacklustre.
Meanwhile, if looking for more gameplay-oriented erotic battle games, I would say for top picks:
- Maken-shi Sara (or Magic Fist Sara) - A really solid and fun game with nice style. Perhaps the closest to Luna in terms of aesthetics, although very different approach to mechanics.
- THE TALE OF UNDERCRUST ~The Last 7 Days of Hasumi~ - Incredible game in many ways. And if liked Luna having tons of flavor texts for random objects and the whole collection tab for anything and everything. Hasumi is a game where you enter for lewds, then stay for geology trivia.
- Taima Miko Yuugi (or Shrine Maiden Exorcist?) - Don't get discouraged by the unusual artstyle, this game has possibly one of the best battle systems in an erotic battle game. And good comedy to boot.
- Jumble Strikers - I wouldn't put it as high as the other three or Luna, but it is still a neat, good looking, game that is worth distinguishing from the crowd.
As a side note, you may see a lot of people mention Celesphonia here and there and it may look as if it was an erotic battle game - but it just isn't. It totally looks like it should have been, but that is not the case.

guitarhero47

Aug 28, 2022
Katoptron is just the Greek word for a mirror. Given that in the Japanese version it is already called such, and they probably have even less chance of knowing that word than speakers of European languages, then I see no reason to overcorrect it in translation. You wouldn't change necromancy to undeadmancy.

guitarhero47 To share some maybe helpful recommendations of my own. If you are able to really get into the feel of power deterioration and eventual helplessness, while not getting immensely triggered by going against basic gamer sense - you can totally go wild on the aforementioned Quartz Amethyst & Quartz Emerald. They are a great experience in that regard, but their actual battle gameplay is a bit lacklustre.
Meanwhile, if looking for more gameplay-oriented erotic battle games, I would say for top picks:
- Maken-shi Sara (or Magic Fist Sara) - A really solid and fun game with nice style. Perhaps the closest to Luna in terms of aesthetics, although very different approach to mechanics.
- THE TALE OF UNDERCRUST ~The Last 7 Days of Hasumi~ - Incredible game in many ways. And if liked Luna having tons of flavor texts for random objects and the whole collection tab for anything and everything. Hasumi is a game where you enter for lewds, then stay for geology trivia.
- Taima Miko Yuugi (or Shrine Maiden Exorcist?) - Don't get discouraged by the unusual artstyle, this game has possibly one of the best battle systems in an erotic battle game. And good comedy to boot.
- Jumble Strikers - I wouldn't put it as high as the other three or Luna, but it is still a neat, good looking, game that is worth distinguishing from the crowd.
As a side note, you may see a lot of people mention Celesphonia here and there and it may look as if it was an erotic battle game - but it just isn't. It totally looks like it should have been, but that is not the case.
Thanks, of these games I haven't tried only Jumble Strikers and Maken-shi Sara..

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
guitarhero47 I highly recommend Jumble Strikers in general, though I never considered it from the viewpoint of people who like bad-status games (usually I'm just like "If you don't mind bugs..."). It definitely doesn't go as deep as a game fully in the genre does, but it does handle the theme in an uncommon way and is also the kind of game where you can tell the dev was interested in making a good game.
- Your heroines progress through grappled -> bound -> raped. When bound/grappled they can't use their skills but can struggle. Other heroines can use a rescue move, so now you have to balance trying to kill the enemies with rescuing your friends. Some heroines get attack moves with a chance to free anyone the target is grappling.
- One of the characters can still use all her moves when bound/grappled because she's an Ally of Justice and it'll take more than that to stop her. Aside from simply being amusing, this also shows that the dev (unlike many others) realized it's Not Fun to have your entire party be stunlocked.
- There's no corruption; instead the heroines get traumatized by repeated violations. At first it's just a debuff, but it progresses up to losing turns if that type of enemy is present in battle. Since late game mobs have a mix of enemy types, now you can also weight bursting down that enemy against prioritizing one who is more of an active threat. The game is only about 5 hours long though, so it's possible you never see this.
- Heavily pregnant party members get stat debuffs.
- One enemy type can seal your skills with an effect that persists after battle.

I think that's everything from the bad-status angle, though I would like to mention that the girls' offspring become elites which you can hunt down for advanced/ultimate gear. You don't need the gear to beat the game, but I really like when the offspring actually do something in H-games.

guitarhero47

Aug 28, 2022
guitarhero47 I highly recommend Jumble Strikers in general, though I never considered it from the viewpoint of people who like bad-status games (usually I'm just like "If you don't mind bugs..."). It definitely doesn't go as deep as a game fully in the genre does, but it does handle the theme in an uncommon way and is also the kind of game where you can tell the dev was interested in making a good game.
- Your heroines progress through grappled -> bound -> raped. When bound/grappled they can't use their skills but can struggle. Other heroines can use a rescue move, so now you have to balance trying to kill the enemies with rescuing your friends. Some heroines get attack moves with a chance to free anyone the target is grappling.
- One of the characters can still use all her moves when bound/grappled because she's an Ally of Justice and it'll take more than that to stop her. Aside from simply being amusing, this also shows that the dev (unlike many others) realized it's Not Fun to have your entire party be stunlocked.
- There's no corruption; instead the heroines get traumatized by repeated violations. At first it's just a debuff, but it progresses up to losing turns if that type of enemy is present in battle. Since late game mobs have a mix of enemy types, now you can also weight bursting down that enemy against prioritizing one who is more of an active threat. The game is only about 5 hours long though, so it's possible you never see this.
- Heavily pregnant party members get stat debuffs.
- One enemy type can seal your skills with an effect that persists after battle.

I think that's everything from the bad-status angle, though I would like to mention that the girls' offspring become elites which you can hunt down for advanced/ultimate gear. You don't need the gear to beat the game, but I really like when the offspring actually do something in H-games.
Thanks, i will try it, sounds very interesting. Your description reminds me "Knightess Nordo and the lewd emblem". Have you tried this one? This game one of these where you want to lose...

nenlee

Jun 20, 2017
Você pega uma cenoura de uma das caixas no início desta caverna. Fale com uma fada amigável do lado de fora para lhe dar uma cenoura. Você ganha um acessório chamado Elven Ring. Você o equipa e usa a habilidade que ele concede a você para desfazer a magia dos elfos.

Também aqui está o arquivo de dados do passe de edição mais recente para a versão de teste. Substitua a pasta "data" original por esta.

EDIT: Sua captura de tela diz a versão 1.3. Os meus arquivos são para V2.1, então pode haver incompatibilidade com sua versão atual do jogo.
[/CITAR]
Bom trabalho amigo, talvez esse arquivo resolva

nenlee

Jun 20, 2017
Uma tradução aproximada para demonstração V2.2. É provável que algumas linhas não sejam traduzidas, pois não migraram do arquivo V2.1 e não foram testadas exaustivamente. Alguns ajustes em comparação com o MTL original foram realizados (por exemplo, a linha Demi-Human de Opening agora deve estar falando sobre Luna ser um novato. Obrigado ChatGPT)

Basta arrastar as duas pastas para o diretório do jogo para instalar.
[/CITAR]
Embro
A rough translation for V2.2 demo. It's bound to have some lines untranslated since they didn't migrate from V2.1 file and it hasn't been tested thoroughly. Some tweaks compared to original MTL have been performed (e.g Opening's line of Demi-Human now should be talking about Luna being a greenhorn. Thanks ChatGPT)

Just drag the two folders into game's directory to install.
Nice job tanks bro great.

Bondage Queen

Jun 25, 2018
Hmm, so the creator responded to my comment. Judging from that response and some others, he:

- Indicated that Luna will be older/more grown up. Presumably this means she will have a more mature figure. Edit: Actually I just saw another comment the creator made saying he was thinking about having the sequel set only a few months after. So IDK.
- Indicated he might be adding out-of-combat restraint to the sequel.
- Pretty much confirmed that the sequel will also have some kind of extended bad end like the bad end dungeon.

Also, in response to my desire to see more of Soleil in bondage, his adorable response was " The master is not so easily detained. Because it's strong. It should be.......... "

Then, when someone else made a similar request, " No, no, the master is strong, so he can't be restrained every time. Surely...... :sneaky:"

I love this creator so much.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023
Hmm, so the creator responded to my comment. Judging from that response and some others, he:

- Indicated that Luna will be older/more grown up. Presumably this means she will have a more mature figure. Edit: Actually I just saw another comment the creator made saying he was thinking about having the sequel set only a few months after. So IDK.
- Indicated he might be adding out-of-combat restraint to the sequel.
- Pretty much confirmed that the sequel will also have some kind of extended bad end like the bad end dungeon.

Also, in response to my desire to see more of Soleil in bondage, his adorable response was " The master is not so easily detained. Because it's strong. It should be.......... "

Then, when someone else made a similar request, " No, no, the master is strong, so he can't be restrained every time. Surely...... :sneaky:"

I love this creator so much.
I actually also requested an extended bad end and more Soleil Bondage and was surprised to get a response lol. The fact that the Dev is actually taking on the requests of people is amazing and I'm glad we're getting much more Luna in the future!

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes