RPGM Complete Magical Girl Luna's Misfortunes[1.09][namaste koboo]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
Noice...
Btw, any idea if reapplying the translation can wreck a save? As in if I start playing now and apply the final patch later will break the save data due to translation? (I will likely play it slowly cause of time constraints)
Ofc, I am not taking it as gospel, just your thoughts due to how the RPGMaker works on this (or anyone with experience I guess)
You should be safe. Main "issue" with carrying over a safe file is that name tags (name box that appear in upper left corner) will be based on when you started the game and made the first save. So even if they get changed down the road it'll still use old names.

In my translation process I overwrote the map files at this point probably literally hundreds of times and my saves didn't break once.

Apr 20, 2023
Noice...
Btw, any idea if reapplying the translation can wreck a save? As in if I start playing now and apply the final patch later will break the save data due to translation? (I will likely play it slowly cause of time constraints)
Ofc, I am not taking it as gospel, just your thoughts due to how the RPGMaker works on this (or anyone with experience I guess)
I’ve been playing through again in my proofreading process and applied a new patch every 2/3 days with no issue at all. I can still load my old saves that I had when I had no patch at all installed so you should be good to play whenever!

Punyo

Jan 5, 2018
You should be safe. Main "issue" with carrying over a safe file is that name tags (name box that appear in upper left corner) will be based on when you started the game and made the first save. So even if they get changed down the road it'll still use old names.

In my translation process I overwrote the map files at this point probably literally hundreds of times and my saves didn't break once.
I’ve been playing through again in my proofreading process and applied a new patch every 2/3 days with no issue at all. I can still load my old saves that I had when I had no patch at all installed so you should be good to play whenever!
Thanks guys for the info. Will do!

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
badendimage2.png
WIP Patch for V1.09 (Not quite ready for General release)

What's been done since last update:
*Bad End

Fully edited and already proofread by Synapse.
*Misc
Lightest of light touchups in the extras submenu.

What's not Finished: Extras Menu.

What I Won't Do: Picture files that have Japanese in them.

To install: Drag and Drop the "data" and "js" folders and the "index.html" file into full game's folder (Not compatible with Demo versions) and allow it to overwrite everything.

Rambling: OK game now is at the point where if you ignore Extras submenu it's pretty much finished. I also found that image in the game's files when I extracted them, hope you like it as much as I did.

Rosvos86

Feb 19, 2019
View attachment 2754071
WIP Patch for V1.09 (Not quite ready for General release)

What's been done since last update:
*Bad End

Fully edited and already proofread by Synapse.
*Misc
Lightest of light touchups in the extras submenu.

What's not Finished: Extras Menu.

What I Won't Do: Picture files that have Japanese in them.

To install: Drag and Drop the "data" and "js" folders and the "index.html" file into full game's folder (Not compatible with Demo versions) and allow it to overwrite everything.

Rambling: OK game now is at the point where if you ignore Extras submenu it's pretty much finished. I also found that image in the game's files when I extracted them, hope you like it as much as I did.
Congratulations man! I will replay it with your full TL. Maybe it's time to update this thread to an official completed english game thread so this game can have more visibility.

Apr 20, 2023
I'd like to believe I did a decent job in reading the game (since I went through it twice basically once pre patch and again after edits were made) but however it's still very highly possible I missed some tiny details here or there (cause of the amount of variation the game has in some scenes)

Reactions: Beggarman

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
I'd like to believe I did a decent job in reading the game (since I went through it twice basically once pre patch and again after edits were made) but however it's still very highly possible I missed some tiny details here or there (cause of the amount of variation the game has in some scenes)
Wouldn't be surprised, considering I only knew about some of the easter eggs (Like Angels sending you to Noir's Tea party if you hadn't found the place before interracting with them) only from having the text exposed in the program I've been using.

I also found some text chunks that look like they should've been used but neither of us found a way to trigger them.

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
Untitled.png
First completed patch for V1.09

To install:
Drag and Drop the "data", "js" folders and the "index.html" file into full game's folder (Must be V1.09) (Not compatible with Demo versions) and allow it to overwrite everything.

How good is this MTL: Text was put through 3 Machine translation tools. DeepL, Sugoi and ChatGPT. Either best result was used or some manual tweaking was done to improve it. The whole process in total took like 5 months. So it should be of reasonable quality.

What isn't done: Extras submenu has some images that are in Japanese. translating/redrawing those is beyond my skill level.

Thanks to all that followed, shouted encouragement, gave help with some Japanese terms and pointed out bugs.

More fixes/tweaks may or may not come in the future.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023
View attachment 2762586
First completed patch for V1.09

To install:
Drag and Drop the "data", "js" folders and the "index.html" file into full game's folder (Must be V1.09) (Not compatible with Demo versions) and allow it to overwrite everything.

How good is this MTL: Text was put through 3 Machine translation tools. DeepL, Sugoi and ChatGPT. Either best result or some manual tweaking was done to improve it. The whole process in total took like 5 months. So it should be of reasonable quality.

What isn't done: Extras submenu has some images that are in Japanese. translating/redrawing those is beyond my skill level.

Rambling: If anyone wants to create a proper thread for this, go ahead. Just do give proper credit to me and Synapse42517gjs(as a proofreader)

Thanks to all that followed, shouted encouragement gave help with some japanese terms and pointed out bugs.

More fixes/tweaks may or may not in the future.
Allow me to be the first to say congratulations on finishing this lol
Been a joy to read through aswell as a joy to play!

TheWhiz

Nov 23, 2018
This game is amazing. Very cute and very fun story to follow along with. I definitely feel bad having Luna cum her brains out just to see the h scenes. Poor lass.

PunpunRen

Jul 13, 2021
I get an "NW.js. of your profile are of an updated version so an error may happen" or something like that when opening the full game, but it seems to run just fine

Apr 20, 2023
someone have a save before the lab stage?
I have a save file midway through the lab stage if that'll help, apart from that my nearest savefile is right at the end of chapter 2 I believe

Edit (sorry, I actually have 3 save files in the lab, one before the bossfight, one at the very start where Luna is captured, and another at the part where you can play as Rico

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes