RPGM Complete Magical Girl Luna's Misfortunes[1.09][namaste koboo]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes
Apr 20, 2023
There aren't actually that many images which would really need a translation. I mean, it's pretty easy to imagine what various sfx are supposed to represent (struggle sounds, arousal sounds) and there aren't dozens of buttons or profile images to translate. I decrpyted the images a while ago and pulled out all the ones which stood out to me; by my reckoning it's:
46 stamps
2 bad ends
4 states
9 tutorials or flashbacks or something
5 logo subtitles (6 if you actually know graphic design and wanted to do the logo itself too)

I popped the decrpyted images (along with the encryption key you'll need to put them back in the game) on . I haven't gotten around to playing the game yet, so it's possible there are some notably missing images.
That is basically everything that comes to mind yeah, spot on

However most of the stamps are 3/4 words and not really worth translating in my opinion.

millyrainbow

May 11, 2018
There aren't actually that many images which would really need a translation. I mean, it's pretty easy to imagine what various sfx are supposed to represent (struggle sounds, arousal sounds) and there aren't dozens of buttons or profile images to translate. I decrpyted the images a while ago and pulled out all the ones which stood out to me; by my reckoning it's:
46 stamps
2 bad ends
4 states
5 logo subtitles (6 if you actually know graphic design and wanted to do the logo itself too)

I popped the decrpyted images (along with the encryption key you'll need to put them back in the game) on . I haven't gotten around to playing the game yet, so it's possible there are some notably missing images.
This is what i was thinking as well. Most sfx text, even in doujin and manga, tend to go untranslated. And if this is all that would need translating, it wouldnt be that difficult, so long as its on transparent or simple background. Though if theyre artsy text, that might be difficult since im not too much of an artist, and im most certainly not good with penmanship x'D

Apr 20, 2023
This is what i was thinking as well. Most sfx text, even in doujin and manga, tend to go untranslated. And if this is all that would need translating, it wouldnt be that difficult, so long as its on transparent or simple background. Though if theyre artsy text, that might be difficult since im not too much of an artist, and im most certainly not good with penmanship x'D
The text isn't really all that fancy, its more just there's alot of it and it'll look kind of odd in English lol.

Here's an example of one of the "stamps"
1689886112195.png

Though some of them would have really akward spaces for english. (Without trying to spoil too much example below again)
1689886192736.png

Oh and to add (Sorry for the long textbox lol) here's the bad end image thing I was talking about in action

1689886567357.png

Last edited:

millyrainbow

May 11, 2018
The text isn't really all that fancy, its more just there's alot of it and it'll look kind of odd in English lol.

Here's an example of one of the "stamps"
View attachment 2786566

Though some of them would have really akward spaces for english. (Without trying to spoil too much example below again)
View attachment 2786567
Yeah, im looking at the stamps now. Not sure if i can do them justice with english translations, will see.
46 stamps
2 bad ends
4 states

Im assuming these are the 9 tutorial/flashback things yis?
If these are translated in game, i think one could cheese the heck out of it and just snip it from the actual game screens, which i might do while i play myself P:
1689886399318.png

Also, translated these. Since i still have yet to open the game, i'll need a little halp with it since i lack context.
cut.state4.png
These roughly translate to

+ Nipple Development
+ Increased sensitivity
+ Masochistic pig
+ Climax constitution

Which im assuming can be shortened to
+ Nipple Growth, or just + Nipple
+ Sensitivity
+ Masochism?
+ Climax, or Climax DEF?

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
not gonna complain about more translations, but imho it's not really needed. the only thing that catches the eye again and again are the status effect related ones, but i don't really need to see an icon that tells me that luna is gagged, when i can already see that luna is gagged. just my 2 cent though. by all means, go for it if you want to.

Reactions: Synapse42517gjs
Apr 20, 2023
Yeah, im looking at the stamps now. Not sure if i can do them justice with english translations, will see.

Im assuming these are the 9 tutorial/flashback things yis?
If these are translated in game, i think one could cheese the heck out of it and just snip it from the actual game screens, which i might do while i play myself P:
View attachment 2786574

Also, translated these. Since i still have yet to open the game, i'll need a little halp with it since i lack context.
View attachment 2786599

+ Nipple Development
+ Increased sensitivity
+ Masochistic pig
+ Climax constitution

+ Sensitivity
+ Masochism?
+ Climax, or Climax DEF?
Yeah that's right, those are the the images for the flashbacks im talking about. But there's one slight issue. Can't really change most of those in my opinion to their shorter forms. Those appear during the final boss of the 4th chapter as drawings she makes

The long formed versions are actually what the boss refers to them as as well. Those are the "States" that were mentioned earlier. "Nipple development" Makes the nipples more sensitive actually, and Is meant to be developing a person to orgasm from solely their nipples for example.

Also, becasue the last one sounds strange, i'll clarify that aswell. "Climaxing constitution "just converts Luna's body into one that always seeks A climax, basically acting like a doped up aphrodisiac

I, Am I'm sure many others are too,are grateful for the offer (I mean who wouldn't more luna amirite) but it's not really necessary to paint the picture, the game does an excellent job of that already. But if you wish to by all means go ahead. (Im not sure how hard it would be to import into the game, i'm just the reading guy lol)

Last edited:
Reactions: Nait Sieve

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021

+ Nipple Development
+ Increased sensitivity
+ Masochistic pig
+ Climax constitution

+ Sensitivity
+ Masochism?
+ Climax, or Climax DEF?
not entirely sure about those specifically, but the game tells in a text window every turn how screwed up you are, without need to rely on untranslated images. even less obvious/graphical things like moving from hypnosis stage 1 to hypnosis stage 2 are clear to see (read).

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
Yeah that's right, those are the the images for the flashbacks im talking about. But there's one slight issue. Can't really change most of those in my opinion to their shorter forms. Those appear during the final boss of the 4th chapter as drawings she makes

The long formed versions are actually what the boss refers to them as as well. Those are the "States" that were mentioned earlier. "Nipple development" Makes the nipples more sensitive actually, and Is meant to be developing a person to orgasm from solely their nipples for example.

Also, becasue the last one sounds strange, i'll clarify that aswell. "Climaxing constitution "just converts Luna's body into one that always seeks A climax, basically acting like a doped up aphrodisiac

I, Am I'm sure many others are too,are grateful for the offer (I mean who wouldn't more luna amirite) but it's not really necessary to paint the picture, the game does an excellent job of that already. But if you wish to by all means go ahead. (Im not sure how hard it would be to import into the game, i'm just the reading guy lol)
that isn't much of an issue honestly. After the file formats are extracted you can open system.json in something like Notepad++ and then change the "encrypt images" to 'false'.

millyrainbow

May 11, 2018

For the flashbacks, what do you mean by 'their shorter forms'?

I mean you guys keep saying its fine to not, but really... xD Assuming that its simple to import as it is to export, then doing these little bits of text really only takes just a minute or so P:

Like seriously.. i took less time doing this, than the time it took on deciding what to translate nipple development into cause.. development doesnt fit X'D unless we can change the resolution (which i doubt). I opted with nipple sensitivity, since as i understand... thats the end goal anyway, and should pair nicely with the in game text whatever direction its going
1689888735560.png
Also will probably fiddle with this a smidge more to make things look.. nicer P: Maybe test fonts and see what looks best. that kinda thing. So... probably another like 5 minutes or so of editing and tweaking X'D
I cant stress how easy doing this is P:

I will probably not do the stamps tho. I think theyre too stylistically specific.

EDIT:
Whats concerning me though is, based on the comments, there seems to be more statuses than.. these "states"
Do they not have a pop up like these, or? As this is literally all i have. Just these 4

Apr 20, 2023
For the flashbacks, what do you mean by 'their shorter forms'?

I mean you guys keep saying its fine to not, but really... xD Assuming that its simple to import as it is to export, then doing these little bits of text really only takes just a minute or so P:

Like seriously.. i took less time doing this, than the time it took on deciding what to translate nipple development into cause.. development doesnt fit X'D unless we can change the resolution (which i doubt). I opted with nipple sensitivity, since as i understand... thats the end goal anyway, and should pair nicely with the in game text whatever direction its going
View attachment 2786663
Also will probably fiddle with this a smidge more to make things look.. nicer P: Maybe test fonts and see what looks best. that kinda thing. So... probably another like 5 minutes or so of editing and tweaking X'D
I cant stress how easy doing this is P:

I will probably not do the stamps tho. I think theyre too stylistically specific.

EDIT:
Whats concerning me though is, based on the comments, there seems to be more statuses than.. these "states"
Do they not have a pop up like these, or? As this is literally all i have. Just these 4

Okay sorry, for short form I meant the sates not the tutorial pop ups. But yeah that's all 4 "states" in the game. the rest all appear in RPG maker text boxes such as "Luna has been restrained" "Luna has been gagged" "Luna has been affixed with a lewd crest" for example

Last edited:

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
the game informs you about a ton of different changes to luna that give you a good idea about how things are going sour, but since you get informed of those changes i'm honestly not sure which have an icon and which don't. pretty sure there are ones for the more basic ones, who i'll just call bondage(arms), bondage(legs) and gagged, but again: the game tells you if you've got sensitive spots, got drugged or hypnotized or just orgasmed, not to mention that the previous scenes highly suggest that as well. you are pretty much never in a position where you don't exactly know how screwed up you are. my suggestion woud be to just play a bit and then translate parts that you deem as not clear enough.

Reactions: Synapse42517gjs

millyrainbow

May 11, 2018
Okay sorry, for short form I meant the sates not the tutorial pop ups. But yeah that's all 4 "states" in the game. the rest all appear in RPG maker text boxes such as "Luna has been restrained" "Luna has been gagged" "Luna has been affixed with a lewd crest" for example
How strange. But thats good to know. I'll clean these up in a jiffy then. Im just now finishing up the chapter title cards.

On that note, i have found some strangeness that even DeepL is lost with.

Chapter 2s title for example is:
魔法少女ルナの邂逅 (かいこう)
Which DeepL roughly translates to Magical Girl Luna's Encounter.. i think.
DeepL doesnt take the (かいこう) into account (which as far as i can see, translates to kaikou, which can mean a *lot* of things.)

Chapter 3s is a bit more simple as its is:
第三章 魔法少女ルナの聯関(れんかん)
which roughly translates to Magical Girl Luna's Alliance.
It seems more simple to understand as 聯関 is directly translated to alliance, where as (れんかん) is translated to (renkan) which means connection or link. I believe (れんかん) only adds emphasis to 聯関 in a way that is unique to the language, and thusly lost in translation, or perhaps just redundant in other languages.
Someone that knows actual japanese can beat me and tell me how wrong i am though.

Apr 20, 2023
How strange. But thats good to know. I'll clean these up in a jiffy then. Im just now finishing up the chapter title cards.

魔法少女ルナの邂逅 (かいこう)
DeepL doesnt take the (かいこう) into account (which as far as i can see, translates to kaikou, which can mean a *lot* of things.)

第三章 魔法少女ルナの聯関(れんかん)
It seems more simple to understand as 聯関 is directly translated to alliance, where as (れんかん) is translated to (renkan) which means connection or link. I believe (れんかん) only adds emphasis to 聯関 in a way that is unique to the language, and thusly lost in translation, or perhaps just redundant in other languages.
Both of those titles do make sense.

Chapter 2 has Luna's first encounter with a witch from the group the main villian of the game is working with.
And chapter 3 has luna working together with her friend and also making a new one. I don't see anything wrong with those titles!

Reactions: millyrainbow

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021

魔法少女ルナの邂逅 (かいこう)

第三章 魔法少女ルナの聯関(れんかん)
Someone that knows actual japanese can beat me and tell me how wrong i am though.
going by the recollection room (from where you can replay things) the current state is this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
EDIT:
chapter 1: magical girl luna
chapter 4: the calamity of the magical girl luna
chapter 5: magical girl luna's decision

Last edited:

millyrainbow

May 11, 2018
Both of those titles do make sense.

Chapter 2 has Luna's first encounter with a witch from the group the main villian of the game is working with.
And chapter 3 has luna working together with her friend and also making a new one. I don't see anything wrong with those titles!
Yee. Poking a friendo of mine about it for confirmation, and they said its basically showing how its read, which makes sense. So the translation i believe is solid.
Which means i has....

Apr 20, 2023
Yee. Poking a friendo of mine about it for confirmation, and they said its basically showing how its read, which makes sense. So the translation i believe is solid.
Which means i has....
Also, Removing the "The" before some of them before is blessed lol. It makes them look smoother than the actual japanese text (Which has some lead with "The" and others not)

millyrainbow

May 11, 2018
going by the recollection room (from where you can replay things) the current state is this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
EDIT:
chapter 1: magical girl luna
chapter 4: the calamity of the magical girl luna
chapter 5: magical girl luna's decision
Chapter 4 is shown as 第四章 魔法少女ルナの災難
where 第四章 tells what chapter it is, while 魔法少女ルナの災難 is quite literally the title of the game.
It seems to be translated into many different ways, from Misfortune to Disaster, to the one you bring up.
Both Google and DeepL seem to agree that it is Misfortune however, which is what i went with, as it also lines up with the title of the thread.

That said, i cannot say for certain whether or not the in game text differs from the title card, as i dont have access to this. All i know is that im fairly confident, after some confirmation from friendo, that these are roughly what these translate into.

Also, Removing the "The" before some of them before is blessed lol. It makes them look smoother than the actual japanese text (Which has some lead with "The" and others not)
I didnt know that was the case XD I figured it was following the same naming convention either way. Google and DeepL both reject the 'The' it seems so i didnt notice P:

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
idk but i personally get more "alliance" vibes from chapter 4 than 3 (which is obviously not the correct translation for it), considering that this is the only chapter where you really work with a bunch of people.
regardless of that, i'd argue that making things consistent with the existing translation woud be a good thing.

Apr 20, 2023
Chapter 4 is shown as 第四章 魔法少女ルナの災難
where 第四章 tells what chapter it is, while 魔法少女ルナの災難 is quite literally the title of the game.
It seems to be translated into many different ways, from Misfortune to Disaster, to the one you bring up.
Both Google and DeepL seem to agree that it is Misfortune however, which is what i went with, as it also lines up with the title of the thread.

That said, i cannot say for certain whether or not the in game text differs from the title card, as i dont have access to this. All i know is that im fairly confident, after some confirmation from friendo, that these are roughly what these translate into.

I didnt know that was the case XD I figured it was following the same naming convention either way. Google and DeepL both reject the 'The' it seems so i didnt notice P:
Yeah, We decided to go with misfortune here for the name. I belive it's the same on DLsite and Ci-En aswell. It uses

魔法少女ルナの災難
which framed as is spells "Misfortune" but if you edit a couple of letters it can also read as "The calamity of magical girl luna" which i've seen used in some places online too

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes