RPGM Complete Magical Girl Luna's Misfortunes[1.09][namaste koboo]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

millyrainbow

May 11, 2018
I was thinking of trying something like this and manually overwriting it with a pen, but the issue is my handwriting isn’t the neatest lol.
If the attachment is your edit, then shut it. It fits perfectly xD And is better than my handwriting.

If it’ll help I can do it for every stamp if you would like. It shouldn’t take too long I’ll just need a chunk of free time
Its not if we want >:O You gotta wanna do it!
thats why i did the translations i did xD I saw something i could do, and i just did it P:

Apr 20, 2023
If the attachment is your edit, then shut it. It fits perfectly xD And is better than my handwriting.

Its not if we want >:O You gotta wanna do it!
thats why i did the translations i did xD I saw something i could do, and i just did it P:
Yeah the attachment is my edit lol. Thanks for thinking it fits. They’re fun to do actually. I’ve been printing out the images and writing on them manually, and then scanning them again to re-upload. I’ll do the rest of the first chapter when I get time and see how it all looks, we can decide where to go from there!

Reactions: millyrainbow
Apr 20, 2023
Chapter one stamps are finished. Some of the Japanese text was awkward for me to work with so I had to interpreted with my limited japanese but I think it looks fine. Untitled1376_20230721235121.jpg

Edit- I'd like to also mention that chapter 4 was a pain to work with. there was one character I couldn't figure out for the life of me with Anupico but it was followed by Onee San- so I assumed it was talking about Ars so I went with "Big Sister Ars"for that one.

Last edited:

enzoenki

Jul 21, 2023
Here's the section I assume you're referring to along with original text.

それっ!!Heaave!
EV024
とうっ!!Hooo!!

I remember it because I recall taking a liberty for it. If you have a better suggestion for how to enunciate jumping over, do share it.
Yeah thinking about it more, I think it works. I think people don't like it because it seems silly and whimsical in situations where it isn't contextually said in English. But the game is pretty whimsical and I think it fits.

enzoenki

Jul 21, 2023
Chapter one stamps are finished. Some of the Japanese text was awkward for me to work with so I had to interpreted with my limited japanese but I think it looks fine. View attachment 2789739

Edit- I'd like to also mention that chapter 4 was a pain to work with. there was one character I couldn't figure out for the life of me with Anupico but it was followed by Onee San- so I assumed it was talking about Ars so I went with "Big Sister Ars"for that one.
Which files should be replaced with these? The filenames are all untitled.

Or are these not ready to be brought into the game?

Also, when running into something vague when the text says "Onee- san", would it not be appropriate to just leave that in original Japanese? I think it can be assumed that people playing a Japanese fan translated game have a level of basic understanding of very common phrases, and can at worst google them. Idk, maybe I'm coming from a different perspective because I'm not experienced here.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023

Also, when running into something vague when the text says "Onee- san", would it not be appropriate to just leave that in original Japanese? I think it can be assumed that people playing a Japanese fan translated game have a level of basic understanding of very common phrases, and can at worst google them. Idk, maybe I'm coming from a different perspective because I'm not experienced here.
The images are in a finished state but I’m going to upload a full file with all of them when they are finished. What I sent now is only a work in progress (in case anyone notices any changes that I can make for them)

as for onee san, the actual text is in Japanese characters not englishcharacters so I mayaswell go the whole way. It says something online the lines of “Zakko onee Chan” to my knowledge. And the closest I could find for Zakko was Zako meaning trash but. “Big sister thrash” doesn’t sound like anupico to me.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023
Also here's the chapter 2 stamps finished. I had to take a great liberaty with Lisa's as to my knowledge the actual Japanese was "My dirty tools will begin to make you act as an animal" which didn't sound too great to me so i had a little fun with it. Hope they all look good
Untitled1387_20230722013822.jpg

*Edit- I made a slight mistake with Risty cause I was working on it super early in the morning lol. It's meant to say "Trained" instead of "Done". I'll upload the edited version when I upload chapter 3.

14:44 GMT- Risty is fixed now, I’ll post the fixed version here.

Last edited:
Reactions: ilmncsm

kaney1507

Aug 7, 2018
Hey just wondering, I was on the developers ci-en recently, has anyone played the demo's for the new fights yet? Are they actually new fights with new restraints, or just "recolors" of the already existing ones with a bit of new dialogue?

Apr 20, 2023
Hey just wondering, I was on the developers ci-en recently, has anyone played the demo's for the new fights yet? Are they actually new fights with new restraints, or just "recolors" of the already existing ones with a bit of new dialogue?
They do all have new restraints yeah. However they are just slightly changed versions of the ones Luna has when fighting the same boss just with a different character

And if you can actually read Japanese there's a lot of dialogue too. It's similar to the post game final boss in dialogue length

Last edited:

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020

When I was translating I made a decision to omit honorifics early, and by the time I wished I hadn't, I was too deep in the project to revert it. So at this point I'd say omitting honorifics from these images as well would just keep things more consistent.

Apr 20, 2023
When I was translating I made a decision to omit honorifics early, and by the time I wished I hadn't, I was too deep in the project to revert it. So at this point I'd say omitting honorifics from these images as well would just keep things more consistent.
I decided to go with "Trashy Big Sister, Don't give up, do your best!" based on what Pico says to Luna in the BAD end mode and her game over scene as I couldn't interpret it as anything else. Any suggestions on an alternative from anyone

Last edited:

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
as for onee san, the actual text is in Japanese characters not englishcharacters so I mayaswell go the whole way. It says something online the lines of “Zakko onee Chan” to my knowledge. And the closest I could find for Zakko was Zako meaning trash but. “Big sister thrash” doesn’t sound like anupico to me.
Ah, zako is usually translated as loser and is a beloved phrase of mesugaki (cheeky lolis) everywhere. Given the connotation of trashy in English, I would strongly recommend going with loser if it's not too late to change.

Apr 20, 2023
Ah, zako is usually translated as loser and is a beloved phrase of mesugaki (cheeky lolis) everywhere. Given the connotation of trashy in English, I would strongly recommend going with loser if it's not too late to change.
Okay, I decided to go (via suggestion from the translator) with Puny and ended up with the following result.

Do you think that works okay?

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
Synapse42517gjs Isn't that... a little inaccurate? I mean, it's works and fits the smug theme, but the text is
ざこおねーさんに
負けるわけ
ないのです
which every machine tells me is "I can't lose to Zako-oneesan" once I collapse it down into one line. I'd probably would've went "There's no way Loser-oneesan can beat me" (though I see 12asdasdasd34 opted against honorifics so it'd be inconsistent with the rest of the game).

Apr 20, 2023
Synapse42517gjs Isn't that... a little inaccurate? I mean, it's works and fits the smug theme, but the text is
ざこおねーさんに
負けるわけ
ないのです
which every machine tells me is "I can't lose to Zako-oneesan" once I collapse it down into one line. I'd probably would've went "There's no way Loser-oneesan can beat me" (though I see 12asdasdasd34 opted against honorifics so it'd be inconsistent with the rest of the game).
Yeah,It's inaccurate to the base text,My first bet was "There's no way i'd lose to a loser like you" but in every single other part where she's in. her text is more motivational towards luna and sympathetic. so I decided to keep the smug aura but make it more caring.

(this is the exact reason I normally don't attempt to translate myself and stick to proofreading, my sense of choices in this stuff is atrocious lol)

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023
ざこおねーさんに
負けるわけ
ないのです
I will change to what you said though, It does fit better. I'll go with." There's no way that loser can beat me!"

Cause that removes the honorific aswell. Does that work for you?

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
Luckily we can poke the translator and find out what they think, as i do believe that would be 12asdasdasd34
OK I changed Chapter 3 and 4's names in recollection room to be "Magical Girl Luna's Alliance." and Chapter 4 to match the English title I currently went with. I no longer remember why I titled chapter 3 as 'dream' but it probably wasn't a good decision to begin with.

I also fixed couple more typos and when Japanese images will get edited by the others in here I will take them and release a new patch that fixes these inconsistencies.

And calling me a translator is being a little generous. At most I'm a machine output wrangler.

Apr 20, 2023
OK I changed Chapter 3 and 4's names in recollection room to be "Magical Girl Luna's Alliance." and Chapter 4 to match the English title I currently went with. I no longer remember why I titled chapter 3 as 'dream' but it probably wasn't a good decision to begin with.

I also fixed couple more typos and when Japanese images will get edited by the others in here I will take them and release a new patch that fixes these inconsistencies.

And calling me a translator is being a little generous. At most I'm a machine output wrangler.
I've worked with a couple of other translators before on this kind of stuff and normally they don't put as much effort into stuff as you have to this game. I for one think "translator" is a pretty apt title.

Reactions: millyrainbow
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes