RPGM Complete Magical Girl Luna's Misfortunes[1.09][namaste koboo]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes
Apr 20, 2023
He's an absolute madman. He got seriously ill and almost lost his WIP files twice. Yet he kept going and now is working on an additional full fledged chapter (Considering one chapter of his is comparable to what some release as full game on DLSite)
Not only an additional full chapter. But he's also confirmed a sequel, aswell as trying to branch the game as far as possible through methods like steam. Nothing but the wildest respect for the guy.

Reactions: millyrainbow

kaney1507

Aug 7, 2018
Jesus... february 2021 was the chapter 1 beta, so that's 2 years of development for chapters 2-5 and the bad end... Some devs barely manage to release a single chapter in that time and start and abandon several projects... Unironically gonna support him once I have more disposable income, cause these work ethics deserve more recognicion.

Apr 20, 2023
Jesus... february 2021 was the chapter 1 beta, so that's 2 years of development for chapters 2-5 and the bad end... Some devs barely manage to release a single chapter in that time and start and abandon several projects... Unironically gonna support him once I have more disposable income, cause these work ethics deserve more recognicion.
I already raised my support to 3 times what normal support level is *Just cause I have to share files as part of what I'm doing right now and I feel like he deserves the support. Especially since he normally also responds to every Ci-En post I make to him

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
Remember, the first two chapters is what demo consists of, and those alone are much better than a really big chunk of DLsite games concerning the topic.

kaney1507

Aug 7, 2018
Remember, the first two chapters is what demo consists of
Maybe today, in 2021 he released a first demo and it was just the first chapter, saying he was starting work on chapter 2 then and there, making the development time of over 80% of the game about 2 years. That's actually insane, especially for a "niche" game that focuses on bdsm. Like, some of the highest paid patreon games approach a decade of development and aren't nearly as polished as this.

millyrainbow

May 11, 2018
I will change to what you said though, It does fit better. I'll go with." There's no way that loser can beat me!"

Cause that removes the honorific aswell. Does that work for you?
Honestly i would probably change the word entirely as the meaning is lost and can be seen more seriously than it really is. Changing loser to something more cutesy like dummy would fit better as it wouldnt sound as serious. This is something that real translators have to finagle around with sometimes with translations thanks to the honourfic system. Perfect accuracy is not always the best.

OK I changed Chapter 3 and 4's names in recollection room to be "Magical Girl Luna's Alliance." and Chapter 4 to match the English title I currently went with. I no longer remember why I titled chapter 3 as 'dream' but it probably wasn't a good decision to begin with.

I also fixed couple more typos and when Japanese images will get edited by the others in here I will take them and release a new patch that fixes these inconsistencies.

And calling me a translator is being a little generous. At most I'm a machine output wrangler.
I mean you still have to make decisions and figure out what makes the most sense and all that, which is pretty hard to do with just the machine wrangling P: A lot of thought and care has to go into some of this -nods sagely-

However, 123asdasdasd34 mentioned to be about a meme that he's seen before

And how it seems to be made after that. And under his suggestion I plan to change it to
God damn that brings back memories X'D
I think the changes are good stuff. Not sure which is best tho.

Maybe something like this could work too
"Eeeeeh? You lost to us?!Only losers lose to level 1 fairies!!"

Also. Im on Mea right now. Her Gimmick is all about dreams and the supernatural, and she's the youngest villian you fight who's actually a human, She's still a kid. Due to this, I tried to make her "Handwriting" so to speak more childish and faded to represent her dreamy nature, Do you guys think it looks okay, or should I change it back to brick text?
I think this is neat. :D!
Though you m ight look at word placements. When i first looked at it, i read it in lines, not columns.

Like... alongside the reworked fights he is releasing these past couple months? Jesus... kinda puts other devs work in perspective when this dude is just releasing a literal mountain of content after, what, less than 3 years of development?
This guy kind of reminds me of me whenever i work on projects. I put my all into it until im satisfied that its complete.
Wouldnt be surprised if he was no lifeing it with back to back 16 hour work days, similar to me xD "Itll be fine, itll only take a couple days."

Last edited:
Reactions: Synapse42517gjs

millyrainbow

May 11, 2018
Maybe today, in 2021 he released a first demo and it was just the first chapter, saying he was starting work on chapter 2 then and there, making the development time of over 80% of the game about 2 years. That's actually insane, especially for a "niche" game that focuses on bdsm. Like, some of the highest paid patreon games approach a decade of development and aren't nearly as polished as this.
Yeah. And all of the details and everything in the world. I find myself interacting with things everywhere just to see what Luna says all the time. This game deserves every cent that gets thrown at it. It feels like a high end product for sure. And the work put in is very infectious. I cant help but want to do better work myself as i go, which is silly when one considers just how hard i already work myself when doing projects xD! I hope we can get the translation to be just as good.

Apr 20, 2023
I originally did start to go across like the english text but found out it didn’t work anywhere near Aswell as just keeping the old Japanese formatting to it in English. I think they look decent but if when I finish them all people don’t like I can always change to across!

All the other text is read from top to bottom too in most of these, my hope is that since mea is halfway into the game, someone would already understand my style and be able to read it fine. But we can see. If you look at my chapter 2 post I made, Risty is even read from right to left which looks strange but it’s how the original was and I’m trying to stick with original meaning and formatting as best I can.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023
For the “level one fairy” suggestion made by https://f95zone.to/members/millyrainbow.609579/ your phrasing is actually on the very bottom image alreayd unless I’m mistaken. The only change is the Ehhhh. While I could add it, the speech bubble is tight already and it wasn’t in the original Japanese. I’ll make a draft of it when I begin working just to see how it’ll look though.

Apr 20, 2023
The suggestion with mea made me look back on all of them so far… some of them are read from right to left and others are left to right… atelast with those ones are obvious enough for the meaning- like the scarlet shroom in chapter 1 I posted……

I hope!!!

Apr 20, 2023
Thanks for the reply!
Did the dev ever talk about which of these fights he would actually update? I remember reading something about Quetzal (the fight you currently oneshot as Soleil), but is he gonna rework the 2 remaining Reiss fights as well?
Just to let you know the dev updated his Ci-En site plans for paid supporters next. The next battle to get a "Rework is going to be"

2023年8月:
・魔法少女ルナの災難 アップデート 一部テストプレイ(予定)
 *4章ユイを予定

Which is Yui vs Faikia (The ice girls partner from chapter 4)

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
Just to let you know the dev updated his Ci-En site plans for paid supporters next. The next battle to get a "Rework is going to be"

2023年8月:
・魔法少女ルナの災難 アップデート 一部テストプレイ(予定)
 *4章ユイを予定

Which is Yui vs Faikia (The ice girls partner from chapter 4)
Wonder how he's gonna implement that. There was no obvious point shown at which Yui got caught unlike with other 3.

Apr 20, 2023
Wonder how he's gonna implement that. There was no obvious point shown at which Yui got caught unlike with other 3.
I belive it was when Luna got teleported into the shed in chapter 4- Right after the hospital scene with parfeta when they wanted to go to playland. I'm assuming everyone else got teleported to other places too

Apr 20, 2023
Your handwriting matches the rough sketch artstyle fine I think
Cheers, I'm onto the 4th chapter right about now But since some of the phrasing/formatting is akward and whatnot i'm waiting for a response from someone before I start. Chapter 4 should be finished by tonight or tommorow i hope.

Apr 20, 2023
I need suggestions for this on. the first and third characters are both "ba"and I belive the other one is I which makes it "BaiBai" if the other one is nothing it makes it "BaBa" which means old lady and that still doesnt make much sense.

Does anyone have any ideas?

1690127271006.png

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
I need suggestions for this on. the first and third characters are both "ba"and I belive the other one is I which makes it "BaiBai" if the other one is nothing it makes it "BaBa" which means old lady and that still doesnt make much sense.

Does anyone have any ideas?

View attachment 2793749
assuming it does say baibai. It is probably in reference to Core disposing the victim. I personally think "...Bye" would work here.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023
Another question regarding these stamps. As of right now im trying to keep the orignal format as it changes depending on the stamp. "Sometimes its right to left other times it's left to right reading"

Should I keep them all uniform, I-e All right to left in column or all left to right in column.

Stick to what i'm doing now, and copying the formatting of the orignal.

Or just abandon the column all together and make it fully English and read across from left to right(the one that changes the original the most and that I personally think is the worse)

(it's normall fairly obvious which way to read- use the scarlet shroom below for example)
1690130175188.png

But sometimes I can be a bit more difficult. Take this Risty stamp for example

1690130202959.png
In my opinion is right to left as the heart is on the left side normally. But someone might read it from right to left(Which luckily in this case still works)

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
I think they should stick to english reading order. so try to maintain left to right if reading order doesn't look immediately obvious, in this case I think you should reverse Risty's texts.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes