RPGM Completed Mai and the Legendary Treasure [v1.01] [Circle Gyu]

3.30 star(s) 13 Votes

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Could you upload the previous version please ? If i remember correctly you didn't have to do all this tweaking to get it work. (y)
I would have to find it since it is on my backup drive but yeah later I guess I can.

Reactions: jowishg

Shirakuroi

May 12, 2018
It sounded to me like the files were actually missing and needed to be replaced but I haven't played around with the files since I have the older copy of the game and I didn't see a reason to upgrade. Good to know I guess.
The files are there... They aren't missing... They just have garbled names like for example instead of having "ちゅ2.wav" when the files get extracted... they get turned into "|%2.wav" or something to that effect...
This problem only cropped up when Windows 8 became the current standard for PC Operating Systems... Windows 7 has almost no problem like this back then...

Reactions: Silentce

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
The files are there... They aren't missing... They just have garbled names like for example instead of having "ちゅ2.wav" when the files get extracted... they get turned into "|%2.wav" or something to that effect...
This problem only cropped up when Windows 8 became the current standard for PC Operating Systems... Windows 7 has almost no problem like this back then...
Makes sense. wasn't following the thread that intently, I guess I missed that fact. Thank you for the information, makes sense why fixing the game version wouldn't do enough. no guarantee the issue wouldn't come back. well at least there is a work around. Again thank you for the update.

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Yeah probably, laziness and not reading instructions leads to alot of problems without a doubt however, I just am a believer in future proofing. The same problem is going to pop up and the solution will get buried within the many threads of people asking for help. Instead of having people continue to ask the same questions and be potentially unable to fix it right off the bat, why not just eliminate the problem entirely and just fix the links. That is just the rational response in my mind. The patching is a work around applying a breakfix for the entire potential audience is easier. I mean shit if not that then at least put the fix and instructions on the OP so it is something you don't have to dig for.
It sounded to me like the files were actually missing and needed to be replaced but I haven't played around with the files since I have the older copy of the game and I didn't see a reason to upgrade. Good to know I guess.
Well, I beg to differ.

I uploaded/shared a paid game, in the archive/form released from the developer (the only thing changed was the name of the archive from "RE159285.zip" to "Treasure_Hunter_Mai_Oct-23-2018.zip"), and the people start bitching about it.

If the response of the members/community is this... why should I be bothered to share the other 20+ dlsite games in my collection?

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Well, I beg to differ.

I uploaded/shared a paid game, in the archive/form released from the developer (the only thing changed was the name of the archive from "RE159285.zip" to "Treasure_Hunter_Mai_Oct-23-2018.zip"), and the people start bitching about it.

If the response of the members/community is this... why should I be bothered to share the other 20+ dlsite games in my collection?
I don't quite understand why you are @ ing me about this. All I was suggesting was trying to correct whatever was wrong with the archive and re uploading to avoid problems and people having to flood the thread asking for help time and time again. Itturned out I was mistaken and rather then the files being missing the files became garbled by encoding. That was my mistake, I did not see that revelation as I don't monitor these threads 24/7. If that was interpreted as being unappreciative that was not my intention. I for one appreciate the fact you uploaded the game. It was very generous of you and I got a fair amount of enjoyment out of it. Didn't realize I came off as complaining when really I was just suggesting it would be more prudent to fix a problem in the OP then have people continue to struggle.

The community tends to complain about many things as of late and have a very high expectation. to be honest maybe they do not deserve your generosity. That is for you to decide.

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
The sharing of my collection, is just a "thank you" to the people that shared and keep sharing.

I'm sorry if you received my answer as a personal attack because it was not.

What I am trying to say is that some people are just lazy to read a single post above theirs, and those people will always complain about something... a zip archive that is "misencoded", a rar archive or a 7zip archive that they cannot extract it, an iso file that they cannot load, an rpg game that is broken because it misses the rtp.

Bottomline, reuploading in a different archive/format will not fix the problem because the problem is the mentality.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
The sharing of my collection, is just a "thank you" to the people that shared and keep sharing.

I'm sorry if you received my answer as a personal attack because it was not.

What I am trying to say is that some people are just lazy to read a single post above theirs, and those people will always complain about something... a zip archive that is "misencoded", a rar archive or a 7zip archive that they cannot extract it, an iso file that they cannot load, an rpg game that is broken because it misses the rtp.

Bottomline, reuploading in a different archive/format will not fix the problem because the problem is the mentality.
Okay I see, and I did not take your comments as a personal attack but rather was unsure if my comments were disrespectful in some way. Either way I appreciate you clearing things up.

That being said, I have to agree with you, considering your perspective that at the end of the day there will always be somebody complaining about something is too true to contend with. It is unfortunate how that tends to be the case.

Trixpix

Nov 16, 2017
I think the number of Western RPG maker games these days has exacerbated the problem with people failing to follow instructions on how to play Japanese games.

In Japan JIS or Shift-JIS will be the primary character encoding (Japanese Industrial Standard) especially on older games
Here systems use Unicode, both UTF-16 (16-bit unicode) and UTF-8 (8-bit unicode) although Mac OS has completely defaulted to 16 bit starting from Catalina so has less backwards compatibility.

The simplest way to understand whats happening with the garbled text is to think of every letter and symbol as a number.
a=1, b=2, c=3, d=4 etc.
So hello would be: 8 5 12 12 15

Now consider if the receiving language had accented characters so to use French as an example we now start with:
a=1, â =2, à =3, b=4

8 5 12 12 15 now reads as: ecëëh instead of hello

This is effectively what is happening to your files when you extract the Japanese files without telling your computer either through locale or setting the encoding on file extraction that it needs to be in Japanese.
So when the game then looks for a file that should have a Japanese name its not there because your computer has renamed it to a garbled mess of symbols

Reactions: Valornim

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
Can someone help solve the error code problem everyone including myself is having? I can't even do one h-scene without it crashing on me.

Trixpix

Nov 16, 2017
Can someone help solve the error code problem everyone including myself is having? I can't even do one h-scene without it crashing on me.
Its already been answered multiple times, the game is Japanese. It needs to be extracted with Japanese locale (either through regional settings or a 3rd party program like applocale) or by setting the character encoding when extracting the files.

Personally I just keep my system set to Japanese Locale with UK Keyboard. The only time I've had to change Locale back was to install Battlefield otherwise most modern programs stick to unicode.

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
how to use it
The instructions are already there.
But to summorize, for windows download , mkxp_addons_1.zip and extract them in the game directory and run "mpkx.exe"... then with F1 you can customize the key bindings.

sparrow_rose

May 5, 2018
I eventually had a good time. The content was obnoxious to get to, though. Also, wasn't enjoying the strong scent of a incel nice guy. That one weird redemption slave toilet ending reeked of it. No, of course Aiba isn't a good guy. He's subhuman garbage. A waste of oxygen. Shit with a bit of gold in it is still stinky smelly disgusting shit! My god, that part was turning me off. Didn't enjoy when Poire's daughter got roped in either. I know I'm on the spectrum of degeneracy, but I do have a conscience that whirs to life when things get a bit too real. The thought of some poor bastard being abandoned to raise two small children by himself while never knowing what happened to his wife was not sitting well with me. Then there was the repeated references to all women being basically worthless holes. It's not like I haven't seen that kind of writing before, but this guy went back to it enough that I started to want to punch the writer in the face. What a dick. Anyways, 6/10.

Eye-switcher

Jun 30, 2017
Can anyone give directions, detailed to the tentacle armour, i know its on the seabed floor but where? also when i come to the thorns, the guy say i must wear the tentacle armor and Mai replies you mean this? bur when i check my inventory i dont have any tentacle armour? is it called something else?

Shirakuroi

May 12, 2018
I fixed the japanese error thing but now whenever i move i get a runtime error
You don't have the Japanese RPG Maker RTPs and most likely have the English RPG Maker RTPs... Or... It's something to do with Microsoft Visual Studio C++ Runtime files...

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Can anyone give directions, detailed to the tentacle armour, i know its on the seabed floor but where? also when i come to the thorns, the guy say i must wear the tentacle armor and Mai replies you mean this? bur when i check my inventory i dont have any tentacle armour? is it called something else?
I found it and can see it in Inventory under Armor, checking Mai with the Equipment it shows up under clothes.

Reactions: Eye-switcher

Acnolgesh321

Jan 27, 2020
Does anyone know where I can get the japanese rtps. Ive tried the tkool one where you had to copy a line into powershell but it wouldnt work

3.30 star(s) 13 Votes