Xo Mo

Game Developer
Aug 12, 2020
Well, it's wintertime and since I spoke with my main girl bff and went outside? She's stuck with me forever and I'm locked in the front yard, every door and exit saying I have stuff to do, but idk wtf I'm supposed to be trying to do? The chick ain't anywhere. Freezing my balls off, here.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Normally I wouldn't care about it, since it's such an insignificant detail, but considering Meli brings it up specifically, I thought it would be nice if the script somehow acknowledged it. Plus, you sound like you had trouble coming up with a solution for this, so I just thought I'd throw my two cents at ya. Again, I might be full of shit, so if what I am saying makes no sense, feel free to disregard it completely.
I definitely appreciate the feedback. What you're saying makes sense, and I've done exactly that using a couple different methods in other places, but the specific means you mention don't work in this specific instance for technical reasons. I'll throw it into my list of QoL updates to try to make, but I can't make any promises about when or if the change will actually happen.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Can you do a walkthrough so you can see if we forgot something?
Right now the best I can do is the spoiler-free walkthrough in the readme. I have so many other things to do (not to mention the other projects I work on) that I can't justify taking the amount of time it'd take to get everything fully recorded and organized into an actual readable walkthrough that can be followed.

If it's any consolation, there's not a lot of content that's well and truly "missable." The lewds should all have ways of repeating them, and even some trophies will have more than one way of earning them (Trophy 4 and Trophy 16 being the only ones that can't be earned later if they're missed right now).

are scenes animated?
No. Still images alternate to "simulate" animation, but they're not actually animated (with one technical exception, but it's still just alternating stills).

Well, it's wintertime and since I spoke with my main girl bff and went outside? She's stuck with me forever and I'm locked in the front yard, every door and exit saying I have stuff to do, but idk wtf I'm supposed to be trying to do? The chick ain't anywhere. Freezing my balls off, here.
Do you mind detailing how that happened? Did you go somewhere and get stuck in a specific part of the map? Did you save and close the game in the middle of the event? Did you complete her event then go back out and now you're stuck? Something else? That sounds exactly like a bug that was fixed a few builds ago and I can't find anything that would cause the same issue in a different way.

Xo Mo

Game Developer
Aug 12, 2020
Do you mind detailing how that happened? Did you go somewhere and get stuck in a specific part of the map? Did you save and close the game in the middle of the event? Did you complete her event then go back out and now you're stuck? Something else? That sounds exactly like a bug that was fixed a few builds ago and I can't find anything that would cause the same issue in a different way.
Melissa Spend Time:
I chose "Spend Time" with each girl, then went outside with Melissa, did some stuff, then went inside, and she gives the option to STAY together or LEAVE on our separate ways.

THE GLITCH: No matter what choice the player makes, she stays with the Master. I clicked stay together and she kept following me and - while inside the mansion - talking with people I spoke with. I clicked the option to not stay together and she still followed me and talked to people.

THE OTHER GLITCH caused by this... There seems to be a glitch even worse if player goes outside with her a second time. The game thinks Master has something to do and locks all entrances, exits, areas outside the map of the front yard/exterior behind a "still have something to do" dialog if player tries to go through any of them. I spent 10 min IRL exploring every area, and Melissa's not there and nothing can be done but SAVE or EXIT.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Melissa Spend Time:
I chose "Spend Time" with each girl, then went outside with Melissa, did some stuff, then went inside, and she gives the option to STAY together or LEAVE on our separate ways.

THE GLITCH: No matter what choice the player makes, she stays with the Master. I clicked stay together and she kept following me and - while inside the mansion - talking with people I spoke with. I clicked the option to not stay together and she still followed me and talked to people.

THE OTHER GLITCH caused by this... There seems to be a glitch even worse if player goes outside with her a second time. The game thinks Master has something to do and locks all entrances, exits, areas outside the map of the front yard/exterior behind a "still have something to do" dialog if player tries to go through any of them. I spent 10 min IRL exploring every area, and Melissa's not there and nothing can be done but SAVE or EXIT.
Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for following up. After some testing and poking around on the back end, everything seems to be working as intended. If you walk through your foyer door facing north, you'll get the prompt again. The Split Up choice there still has all the correct script, so if she's not leaving your party after choosing that option, I'm not sure what went wrong. If you're not getting that choice, then the end of her event didn't trigger correctly and a bug happened that the "something to do" dialogue is supposed to prevent. I have no idea how that could've happened without using another program to manipulate game or save data.

Unless you mean the choice outside. After some testing, that also appears to be working correctly (you'd have to talk to Melissa in front of the Servants Quarters and choose Leave, then Yes, and she'll disappear and you can go back inside). I did find a way to break things after poking around a bit, where if you say Yes when you walk outside after completing her event, save, close the game (or return to the title screen), then select No when you load the game again, certain map elements reset without turning off a switch that needs to turn off. You can fix that by re-loading again, selecting Yes again, and then doing the Leave/Yes thing mentioned above. Similar issues are possible with a few characters, so I've got fixes for this implemented for a future build, but they're all soft locks or visual errors that don't stop progression. You shouldn't be hard-locked the way you seem to be.

If none of the above works or helps, I could try manually fixing your save.

unblossomed

Jan 6, 2020
so, im doing my first playthrough and i just finnished talking to viridius. as i was exploring the whole mansion one of his maids mentioned mistaking us for invaders and fighting us. did i miss something? or is that something from the violent route, because i chose the diplomatic route.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
i really dont want to destroy ruins place if i cant steal the servents
So don't. Inaction is a valid choice.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

so, im doing my first playthrough and i just finnished talking to viridius. as i was exploring the whole mansion one of his maids mentioned mistaking us for invaders and fighting us. did i miss something? or is that something from the violent route, because i chose the diplomatic route.
If anything, it sounds like I missed something. Do you remember which Maid said that? I'll have to update the scripting so that doesn't happen unless it's supposed to.

Vertius

Dec 22, 2019
Do you have to get/interact with all the maids in the banner? Or is there freedom in the game to pick and choose the girls you like?

DeeCanon

Mar 12, 2018
so i use a razor tartarus v2 and for whatever reason when i have it plugged in and launch your game it detects that the up is constantly being pressed, which is weird because it doesn't happen with any other games i've tried

TMoney2017

Aug 6, 2017
anyone else stuck in the mansion? completed evrything up to cleaning up and repairing floor in the entire mansion... ella did the rest of the floor.... did the sex scene with melissa.... spoke with phoebe to go to lotharios.... spoke with melissa for directions.... try to leave mansion and it tells me ..... i should talk to ella... running from my problems isnt a good thing

Help please and thank you

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
how many maid do we have at moment
10. Two are optional and three are non-combatants.

Do you have to get/interact with all the maids in the banner? Or is there freedom in the game to pick and choose the girls you like?
Short answer - All of them will join you eventually, with a handful of exceptions for some optional characters.

Long answer - Two are optional (one of whom isn't depicted in the banner), 6 of those in the banner haven't been introduced yet, and there are more characters coming than those currently in the banner (like Teely, who is in the game but not in the banner, and future characters that aren't in the game or the banner yet).

so i use a razor tartarus v2 and for whatever reason when i have it plugged in and launch your game it detects that the up is constantly being pressed, which is weird because it doesn't happen with any other games i've tried
Can confirm, that is weird. Sorry for the difficulty. I don't have a Tartarus myself, so I can't test that, and to the best of my knowledge there's nothing in the game that would read input when there is none like that.

anyone else stuck in the mansion? completed evrything up to cleaning up and repairing floor in the entire mansion... ella did the rest of the floor.... did the sex scene with melissa.... spoke with phoebe to go to lotharios.... spoke with melissa for directions.... try to leave mansion and it tells me ..... i should talk to ella... running from my problems isnt a good thing

Help please and thank you
Sorry for the trouble. For context, the only time that "I should talk to Ella" text should come up is when Melissa isn't in your party. She (along with Phoebe) get added to your party when you need to leave for the Deep Wilds to gather more wood. Going by the steps you laid out, that should have taken place in between Ella doing the rest of the floor and the scene with Melissa. Every time someone else has brought up having this issue, it's because they used another program to alter the game to give themselves more Scrap Wood or something similar. If that's the case, there's not much I can tell you.

If that's not the case, I have some testing to do to figure out what broke. To confirm some things, how much of the repairs did you do before leaving Ella to repair the floors without you? Did you skip the manual repairs using one of the prompts that came up while you were doing it, or did you talk to Ella in front of the fireplace and select Quit Working from there? Did Phoebe ever tell you about going south into the Deep Wilds to gather more wood, or did that never happen and you went straight to the scene with Melissa in her room?

hubaba

Oct 29, 2019
Are there any cheats or ways to skip early parts? Got my save corrupted on a previous attempt, would be nice to avoid early tedious house repair events.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Are there any cheats or ways to skip early parts? Got my save corrupted on a previous attempt, would be nice to avoid early tedious house repair events.
Not that's built into the game (except for floor repairs, but you miss a trophy by skipping that), but if you can tell me the last thing you did, I can get you a save. Otherwise, the recent updates have reworked a lot of the earlier content, so it should be considerably less tedious to do again.

Reactions: hubaba

John Cinema

Sep 17, 2017
Is Jenny bugged during the Freeze?

When I went into the kitchen she brought me food, and Melissa appeared and dragged me away, and then there's just black screen.

EDIT: I think I managed to trigger the conversation before by accidentally walking into the West Wing room Melissa dragged me into (will be dragging me into?).

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes