supernap

May 26, 2017
can't remember seen Bev there, but not really checked the west thouroughly, and i admit, i gave my grls a bit more power ;op

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
can't remember seen Bev there, but not really checked the west thouroughly, and i admit, i gave my grls a bit more power ;op
I've tested it just about every way I can think of, and everything seems to be working as intended. I'm far from perfect when it comes to development and scripting, so I'm hesitant to just blame it on modifying things since I can't say for certain that what was modified is what caused the issue, but I can't think of or find anything else that might've broken.

The one thing I thought might've been the case is the new instances of Estate Maids setting the variable incorrectly, but if that was happening (and after checking both the scripting and testing it in-game, it's not), you'd just lose the round and reset or he'd move to the next stage, it wouldn't break entirely. I haven't changed anything else that'd affect it since the v0.6 release, and I'm able to complete the quest in the test build, so I can't say what went wrong. Just to do my due diligence, this is his next location.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The only other thing I can offer to do is fix your save manually. Doing so shouldn't be that complicated and might tell me exactly what broke, so it's not something I mind doing.

supernap

May 26, 2017
na thats alright, probably will try again with the next version, and maybe i can keep my grubby fingers away from editor then ^^

Reactions: hreserves

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
  1. Things I could not figure out how to do this update: start love shack repair quest and give guidance event. Any help?
  2. When you enter in the deep wilds, you immediately start a fight with an invisible(?) enemy. After winning, get divide by 0 error.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
  1. Things I could not figure out how to do this update: start love shack repair quest and give guidance event. Any help?
  2. When you enter in the deep wilds, you immediately start a fight with an invisible(?) enemy. After winning, get divide by 0 error.
For the Love Shack - It's similar to the other repair quests, but the specifics are a bit different.

For the "give guidance event" - I'm not 100% sure what you're referring to. Could you clarify, or say which characters it involves?

For the divide by 0 error you encountered - I've never had that happen; at least not in the Deep Wilds. I did add some new enemies, so it's possible those are triggering incorrectly, but those all use the exact same scripting aside from an extra check so they aren't there right away. The error you're mentioning should only trigger when more than one battle tries to process at the same time, and your description makes it sound like all of those new encounters are triggering simultaneously, which (after checking the scripting for those encounters) isn't happening, but if I can figure out which ones triggered, that would tell me more. How far into the main story were you when this happened? Which enemies were in the fight? If you run away from the encounter, does another battle start immediately?

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
For the Love Shack - It's similar to the other repair quests, but the specifics are a bit different.

For the "give guidance event" - I'm not 100% sure what you're referring to. Could you clarify, or say which characters it involves?

For the divide by 0 error you encountered - I've never had that happen; at least not in the Deep Wilds. I did add some new enemies, so it's possible those are triggering incorrectly, but those all use the exact same scripting aside from an extra check so they aren't there right away. The error you're mentioning should only trigger when more than one battle tries to process at the same time, and your description makes it sound like all of those new encounters are triggering simultaneously, which (after checking the scripting for those encounters) isn't happening, but if I can figure out which ones triggered, that would tell me more. How far into the main story were you when this happened? Which enemies were in the fight? If you run away from the encounter, does another battle start immediately?
Thanks for the help. Just for reference, I am as far along in the story as possible.

I would never have though of plucking the weeds since I do not remember seeing any dialogue about that when I entered the area. How do you get the trowel?
Edit: I have done the trampled flower trophy, but I do not have the trowel. I figured you would get the trowel here, but I guess not.

Edit 2: Found the trowel in the swamp tower, 2nd floor (very obscure location). However, found another bug. When chopping down the trees in the love shack, if you leave the area, the trees and flowers will go back to their original state. Not sure if bug or happens just because quest is incomplete.

For the other event, in the changelog, it states "Added an event to give guidance and help set up the next story update." I just could not find any dialogue in the game about this.

For the deep wilds, the battle is with wolves. When I enter into the area, it immediately starts a fight with 3 wolves. If I win, I get divide by 0 error. When I escape, no more enemies attack and that seems to fix the problem. I can post my save if you want to see if you can find the bug.

Last edited:

blobzerz

Sep 15, 2017
Does the game still have gigantic empty maps? Or dev have chilled with those a bit? I remember uncle mansion was just taking a piss.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Thanks for the help. Just for reference, I am as far along in the story as possible.

I would never have though of plucking the weeds since I do not remember seeing any dialogue about that when I entered the area. How do you get the trowel?
Edit: I have done the trampled flower trophy, but I do not have the trowel. I figured you would get the trowel here, but I guess not.

Edit 2: Found the trowel in the swamp tower, 2nd floor (very obscure location). However, found another bug. When chopping down the trees in the love shack, if you leave the area, the trees and flowers will go back to their original state. Not sure if bug or happens just because quest is incomplete.

For the other event, in the changelog, it states "Added an event to give guidance and help set up the next story update." I just could not find any dialogue in the game about this.

For the deep wilds, the battle is with wolves. When I enter into the area, it immediately starts a fight with 3 wolves. If I win, I get divide by 0 error. When I escape, no more enemies attack and that seems to fix the problem. I can post my save if you want to see if you can find the bug.
The weeds should stay pulled once they're pulled. I have no idea why they wouldn't, though it's possible you're getting "I can't do this right now" dialogue and the weed isn't actually getting pulled.

That "guidance" event refers to what happens if you return to the guest house after completing the story for v0.6. It's there to tell you where to go next once that part of the story is implemented.

It's super weird that it would give that error if no other encounters trigger. I've got an idea for what might be happening, but just looking at the scripting isn't telling me anything, and I can't get it to trigger in my own saves. If you don't mind, yours might tell me what I'm missing.

Does the game still have gigantic empty maps? Or dev have chilled with those a bit? I remember uncle mansion was just taking a piss.
That depends on who you ask. I still get the "big empty maps" comments that no one wants to expand on when I ask them which maps are too big or feel empty, but both the uncle's Estate and Lothario's Estate have been heavily reworked to be significantly smaller and have had many new events, interactions, and hidden items added, and several other maps have been made smaller and/or had new things added.

Just to say it again, if you ever run into that yourself, I'm open to any and all suggestions. I like my game as is, but I'm obviously biased. Feedback is incredibly helpful, but specificity matters; otherwise we end up with either the original uncle's mansion or the April Fool's edition.

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
The weeds should stay pulled once they're pulled. I have no idea why they wouldn't, though it's possible you're getting "I can't do this right now" dialogue and the weed isn't actually getting pulled.

That "guidance" event refers to what happens if you return to the guest house after completing the story for v0.6. It's there to tell you where to go next once that part of the story is implemented.

It's super weird that it would give that error if no other encounters trigger. I've got an idea for what might be happening, but just looking at the scripting isn't telling me anything, and I can't get it to trigger in my own saves. If you don't mind, yours might tell me what I'm missing.
The weeds stay pulled, but when I do "Fix shack yard", it cuts down all the trees and moves the flowers. If I reenter the area, it resets. I would guess that you probably just not have implemented that part yet since you have stated that it is not complete.

I attached the save.

blobzerz

Sep 15, 2017
That depends on who you ask. I still get the "big empty maps" comments that no one wants to expand on when I ask them which maps are too big or feel empty, but both the uncle's Estate and Lothario's Estate have been heavily reworked to be significantly smaller and have had many new events, interactions, and hidden items added, and several other maps have been made smaller and/or had new things added.

Just to say it again, if you ever run into that yourself, I'm open to any and all suggestions. I like my game as is, but I'm obviously biased. Feedback is incredibly helpful, but specificity matters; otherwise we end up with either the original uncle's mansion or the April Fool's edition.
Oh did not expected that; maps got actualy reworked... well that deserves a replay, kudos for actualy doing it.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
The weeds stay pulled, but when I do "Fix shack yard", it cuts down all the trees and moves the flowers. If I reenter the area, it resets. I would guess that you probably just not have implemented that part yet since you have stated that it is not complete.

I attached the save.
Weird. I tested that to make sure that didn't happen, but you're right, it's not done yet. I'll have to test that as well.

Thanks!

Oh did not expected that; maps got actualy reworked... well that deserves a replay, kudos for actualy doing it.
I do my best to take feedback seriously. There are some things I can't or won't do, but in my experience, most people leave comments on things like this because they care enough about the project to want to see it improve. That means a lot to me, so it'd feel shitty to completely ignore people without a reason. If it helps me improve as a dev and improve my game(s), all the better.

Hardlove123

Oct 7, 2017
I have a glitch I only have one maid before the kill rats battle, and it's only Ellie (the third maid), and i don't know how to get the others to rejoin!!!

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I have a glitch I only have one maid before the kill rats battle, and it's only Ellie (the third maid), and i don't know how to get the others to rejoin!!!
They rejoin automatically after the first part of floor repairs are done, before you go into the Deep Wilds to get more wood to finish repairs. This happens even if you skip the first part when Ella gives you the option, and the only time this issue occurred in the past has been when another program is used to give yourself more Scrap Wood than should exist and break the sequence of events by never needing to leave.

If that's not the case with you, could you provide more specific information on the steps you took to get that far? For example, did you still go to the Deep Wilds after talking to Phoebe? Did you talk to Phoebe at all before repairs were done? If you went to the Deep Wilds after the first part, did you have all your party members at that time?

Hardlove123

Oct 7, 2017
If that's not the case with you, could you provide more specific information on the steps you took to get that far?
Well I did "cheat" more scrapes of wood BEFORE the event, and then I "cheat' more scrapes in the middle of the event not knowing about the furniture can be turn into scrapes...

did you still go to the Deep Wilds after talking to Phoebe? Did you talk to Phoebe at all before repairs were done?
Um... I tryed talking to her before the boss rat battle but nothing happened... yes I did talk to her multipel times before the repairs were done, close to done, and are done

If you went to the Deep Wilds after the first part, did you have all your party members at that time?
No i haven't made it that far

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
No i haven't made it that far
Going into the Deep Wilds is supposed to happen before the Extermination fight, so if you got to Extermination before the Deep Wilds, the best I can suggest is that you go back to an earlier save, don't add extra wood to your inventory if you intend to do those repairs manually, or if you don't want to deal with it, accept Ella's offer to skip repairs (if you talk to her and choose the Chat option during the first part of repairs after she offers to take over the first time, she'll give you a Quit Working option).

Talking to Phoebe wouldn't do much unless you happened to talk to her when you were supposed to by random chance, and given that the variable used for this segment tracks hundreds of actions, the likelihood of that happening when you have more wood than you're supposed to is close to zero. If you don't have an earlier save, let me know which trophies you have and I'll get you one.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I got the ratkiller, the Little girls funual, and partner? of the town to the west... oh and i discovered the love shack
You'll have to go back to the love shack again to get the gear there, but this save has Trophy 1 and 3 to make up for it. It has everything else you mentioned, and I left you right next to Phoebe. Your next step is to talk to her to start the first part of floor repairs.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I cant manage to complete extermination no matter what i do can someone help me with save file or smthing :(.
If you don't mind my asking, how are you having trouble with it?
Is it too difficult, and you're dying to it? If so, what level are your characters? Or is it a technical issue, like the game crashing or freezing at a certain point?

FarBonoFar

Jul 14, 2019
hreserves I still dont figure out if you dev or not, but it's look like you right person to report bug.
When you exit second top house from right in Aimadh you appear her ->
1656221985288.png
And with top right house, you disappear ->
1656222029226.png
Hope I wrote it well enough to you to understand me, because, damn I want to sleep, but this game so fecking interesting!

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes