hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
hreserves I still dont figure out if you dev or not, but it's look like you right person to report bug.
When you exit second top house from right in Aimadh you appear her ->

And with top right house, you disappear ->

Hope I wrote it well enough to you to understand me, because, damn I want to sleep, but this game so fecking interesting!
I am the dev, yeah. Sorry about that, looks like I missed those doors when I shrunk the map down. Thanks for letting me know! Both are fixed for the next release.

I'm glad you're enjoying the game!

FarBonoFar

Jul 14, 2019
hreserves
Thank you for developing this game, and also for being so active with community.

Also find caple of other bugs:
1. You can acquire multiple "Mother's Blessing" by interacting with altare.
2. May be wrong about that, experienced it only once, and resolve it with having all necessary items on hand, but after giving Teely designer dress, without having panties in inventory, when try to leave dialog starts, and after which my character freeze.

P.s Can I do something in the cave witch moving rock?

Last edited:

FarBonoFar

Jul 14, 2019
hreserves
Thank you for developing this game, and also for being so active with community.

2. May be wrong about that, experienced it only once, and resolve it with having all necessary items on hand, but after giving Teely designer dress, without having panties in inventory, when try to leave dialog starts, and after which my character freeze.

I am at the point prior freez, trying to enter "Deep Wilds", starts battle with wolfs and after battle, crash
1656276702392.png

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018

Being active in the community gives me feedback and helps me make the game better. I'm hoping to get enough support to be able to do this as a proper job (which is pretty slow going so far, but I love what I do), and I doubt that'd happen if I just threw free stuff at the internet and sat on my hands.

Anyway.

Looks like I missed an event page for the altar. Fixed for the next build.
I don't see anything in Teely's scripting that would cause a freeze there, but I'll test that a bit and see if I can figure out if there's a bug to be fixed there.
And not currently, no. It's built so that you can interact with the mechanics, but you can only pass from the other side.
I am at the point prior freez, trying to enter "Deep Wilds", starts battle with wolfs and after battle, crash
That's a known issue. It's already fixed for the next build, and there's info in the Dev Notes in the OP about it.
Until the next build is out, just run from combat until the encounter stops triggering, and it'll fix itself.

bacchus69

Jan 20, 2020
Can't play the same it seems due to a weird bug. The movement is broken. My character automatically moves up the moment I have control. And other button I press makes him move left. In menus too the only key that works is the down arrow.

ArasV2

Jan 2, 2021
I might be a bit blind or a bit stupid, but I can't seem to find the shadowy maid after I've gotten into the drowned hold and tried to activate the headstone thing. Each time I try and touch it, it tells me to try and find the maid.. can't find her. Am I missing something?

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Can't play the same it seems due to a weird bug. The movement is broken. My character automatically moves up the moment I have control. And other button I press makes him move left. In menus too the only key that works is the down arrow.
That's not good. Sorry for the trouble. That's also not something I've heard of being an issue before, so I'm not sure what the fix would be.

Are you playing on windows, and if so, what version? If not, what OS are you playing on - mac? Android through Joiplay? Are you using any third party programs either alongside the game or to modify your game?

As a random thought, if you have another peripheral plugged in, such as a game pad, the game might be registering a miniscule amount of joystick drift as movement which is overriding your other inputs. Unplugging the game pad/extra peripheral might fix the problem.

I might be a bit blind or a bit stupid, but I can't seem to find the shadowy maid after I've gotten into the drowned hold and tried to activate the headstone thing. Each time I try and touch it, it tells me to try and find the maid.. can't find her. Am I missing something?
Maybe a bit blind, but almost definitely not stupid. The player direction is deliberately vague to encourage exploration, but that can be a problem for people who don't have the urge to go the wrong way on purpose. The spoiler-free hint is to try to go places you haven't been or get into places that seem like you can't get into.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
How do you win rat extermination? I get kille din 3 turns no matter what I do. Maids are lvl 5
I did some testing on this since the last person brought it up, and if you want actual advice;

It's a bear, but it is possible to clear at level 5. I don't like "go grind" as a solution, but if the above doesn't help, the fight was designed around being level 6 and having all of your Maids geared up.

That said, there is one thing you can do to make the fight easier, but you can't do it at the time Extermination is available.

LeakAngel

Milk junky
Donor
Jun 20, 2018
Hey, I managed to advance throughout the game but I feel like I'm getting stuck, maybe behind a bug.

Here's the task rundown that the table gives me:
-Find the second viridius hold. It says "it's likely it will be on the other side of a Folk village somewhere in the swamps"
I feel like I've visited the swamps in every direction, I've interacted with the village and even saved them. I got the hold that's just up the village but only one quarter of the materials inside have vanished.

- People of Augalamh seem like they could use our help.
I probably missed some of the dialogue but I thought I talked to everyone and traded anything I could.

- I picked up water from Augalamh for the baker in Ventire and need to bring it back to her.
Well, I thought I did. But now Ventire villagers moved into the other estate so I can't finish the mission. Is this a bug?

Can someone help? :)

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Hey, I managed to advance throughout the game but I feel like I'm getting stuck, maybe behind a bug.

Here's the task rundown that the table gives me:
-Find the second viridius hold. It says "it's likely it will be on the other side of a Folk village somewhere in the swamps"
I feel like I've visited the swamps in every direction, I've interacted with the village and even saved them. I got the hold that's just up the village but only one quarter of the materials inside have vanished.

- People of Augalamh seem like they could use our help.
I probably missed some of the dialogue but I thought I talked to everyone and traded anything I could.

- I picked up water from Augalamh for the baker in Ventire and need to bring it back to her.
Well, I thought I did. But now Ventire villagers moved into the other estate so I can't finish the mission. Is this a bug?

Can someone help? :)
I would be happy to help!

For finding the second Hold - they're technically both at the back of Folk villages, but Augalamh already moved once. Their previous home is Hachtlamh - that's where the Hold is. If you've done all the Augalamh side quests, it's where the thug-bros send you to rescue the cat. If you haven't done that yet, Hachtlamh is to the south of Augalamh.

For Augalamh needing help - that side quest continues all the way into the Mother's Blessing trophy, which you can't get until after you've cleared both holds. Once you have cleared both of them, talk to the priestess and she'll have a new "can I help?" option. If you haven't met the priestess yet, just sit in the church for a while. She'll walk in eventually.

For the Ventire water quest - that is actually bugged. Sorta. It's not bugged, per se, I just forgot to script a way to complete the quest after moving the Folk out of Ventire and didn't realize I had forgotten until I was playtesting for v0.7. Good news, it has been scripted now, so that's fixed for the next release.

LeakAngel

Milk junky
Donor
Jun 20, 2018
I would be happy to help!

For finding the second Hold - they're technically both at the back of Folk villages, but Augalamh already moved once. Their previous home is Hachtlamh - that's where the Hold is. If you've done all the Augalamh side quests, it's where the thug-bros send you to rescue the cat. If you haven't done that yet, Hachtlamh is to the south of Augalamh.

For Augalamh needing help - that side quest continues all the way into the Mother's Blessing trophy, which you can't get until after you've cleared both holds. Once you have cleared both of them, talk to the priestess and she'll have a new "can I help?" option. If you haven't met the priestess yet, just sit in the church for a while. She'll walk in eventually.

For the Ventire water quest - that is actually bugged. Sorta. It's not bugged, per se, I just forgot to script a way to complete the quest after moving the Folk out of Ventire and didn't realize I had forgotten until I was playtesting for v0.7. Good news, it has been scripted now, so that's fixed for the next release.
Oi, thanks man!
I did the cat rescue quest, I probably missed the hold so I'll go exploring and it should be good :)

Can't wait for the next update!

LeakAngel

Milk junky
Donor
Jun 20, 2018
Hey,

I did follow through the story with the second hold ;)
I got 2 more bugs to report though. [EDIT: found one more]

The first one, I got it since the very first launch and at each and every launch of the game: when I launch the game, it probably tries to launch fullscreen but for whatever reason, it just glitches out and I have to use alt+enter to play the game in window mode. It may be wise to launch the game in window mode natively and allow us to resize the window or ask us if we want to switch to fullscreen mode :)

Second one is a softlock (hopefully, I saved right before the dialogue!) with Teely's designer dress quest.
Once I gave her the dress, she shove me out as usual and when I get back to her, I have the dialogue and she requests new underwear. I tried talking to her right after that dialogue (yes, I'm a dumb maniac that checks every dialogue options), but that triggers the dialogue where requests underwear again and then... I couldn't move.
I tried a second time, with slower inputs to see if it was that but I got softlocked again.

[EDIT: found another one]
I got another softlock in Griselda's mansion, when interacting with a gargoyle, the player should be aside the door but for whatever reason, I was standing next to the gargoyle, which made me advance two steps forwards, right into a wall.

Is there a rythm of updates for the game or is it updated when you got stuff to show?

KiU

Last edited:

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Hey,

I did follow through the story with the second hold ;)
I got 2 more bugs to report though. [EDIT: found one more]

The first one, I got it since the very first launch and at each and every launch of the game: when I launch the game, it probably tries to launch fullscreen but for whatever reason, it just glitches out and I have to use alt+enter to play the game in window mode. It may be wise to launch the game in window mode natively and allow us to resize the window or ask us if we want to switch to fullscreen mode :)

Second one is a softlock (hopefully, I saved right before the dialogue!) with Teely's designer dress quest.
Once I gave her the dress, she shove me out as usual and when I get back to her, I have the dialogue and she requests new underwear. I tried talking to her right after that dialogue (yes, I'm a dumb maniac that checks every dialogue options), but that triggers the dialogue where requests underwear again and then... I couldn't move.
I tried a second time, with slower inputs to see if it was that but I got softlocked again.

[EDIT: found another one]
I got another softlock in Griselda's mansion, when interacting with a gargoyle, the player should be aside the door but for whatever reason, I was standing next to the gargoyle, which made me advance two steps forwards, right into a wall.

Is there a rythm of updates for the game or is it updated when you got stuff to show?

KiU
I'm cool with bug reports. I'm a big fan of feedback, too. Most of the stuff that gets reported here are things I'd never have thought to even look for, so I greatly appreciate people like yourself taking the time. It's a huge help.

For the fullscreen thing - That's based on a script. I can read most code, but I can't code in Ruby, so I have no idea how to fix it. The best I can say is that the script tries to remember which way it was set last, so if you use F5 (toggles full screen) and F6 (changes window size) to get it set how you like, it should stop trying and subsequently failing to launch in full screen.
I've never heard of this happening for someone else or encountered it myself, so if that doesn't fix it, let me know and I'll try to look further into it.

For Teely - I've had one other person report that as well, but I can't find where the script misbehaves and causes the freeze, so I have some in-depth testing lined up to do once I finish development for the next story segment. Your description along with the previous report did lead me to find one thing, but I still have no idea how that one thing would result in a freeze. Either way, I'll get it fixed for the next build.

For the gargoyle - I swear I put in a conditional for that. Dang it. Fixed now.

There's a longer answer scattered across a few posts on , but to answer the question here - For the interim updates (v0.6.1, v0.6.2, etc.) I've been trying to get an update out every two weeks. That's going to change to monthly updates because I'm running into a bit of creative burn-out and want to slow down a bit and take some time to test out some ideas I have for other things in the form of demos, but there's still a lot of work I want to do before I call the first act of Maids & Masters truly done.
For major story releases, those come when they're done. I try to finish them in under a month, but as I've gotten better at development, the updates have gotten larger, longer, and more complex, so they're taking longer to make. For comparison; I want to say v0.1 took about 3 weeks of development and was about an hour of gameplay if you did absolutely everything, and so far the incomplete v0.7 is going into it's 5th week of development and takes me nearly 3 hours to get through if all I do is charge through the main story.

I'm glad to hear you're looking forward to the next update! v0.7 is very nearly done, and should be out to my Patrons ( ) on the 22nd.

LeakAngel

Milk junky
Donor
Jun 20, 2018
Glad I could help!

I just checked your patreon and WTF mate how do you only have 3 patrons? Make that 4 now.
I'll make sure to note down bugs if I see any more. I'll try noting some typos I've seen (nothing too immersion breaking don't worry) as well. Would screenshots help you for some of the reports?

I tried F5/F6 to fix the window, it did help as now the game opens in fullscreen natively and I can actually play the game, without having to alt+enter. F6 is nice to know since I like playing in windowed mode, thanks for the tip ;)

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Glad I could help!

I just checked your patreon and WTF mate how do you only have 3 patrons? Make that 4 now.
I'll make sure to note down bugs if I see any more. I'll try noting some typos I've seen (nothing too immersion breaking don't worry) as well. Would screenshots help you for some of the reports?

I tried F5/F6 to fix the window, it did help as now the game opens in fullscreen natively and I can actually play the game, without having to alt+enter. F6 is nice to know since I like playing in windowed mode, thanks for the tip ;)
All of my gratitude to you.

F95 is basically the only place I put up my work right now. I think most people come here to avoid paying for the things they find here, so I'm not surprised I don't have many.

Tbh, I find typos more embarrassing than bugs. I'm a writer before a game dev, so letting typos and/or bad grammar slip through feels like the dumbest mistake I can manage to make. Anything you find, definitely let me know.

And I'm glad to hear that worked!

Reactions: LeakAngel

DracZ

Feb 28, 2020
Think I'm hitting a bug with the exterminate quest

When combat starts I always have only Ella in the team, and alone she is no match for the rat king :/

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Think I'm hitting a bug with the exterminate quest

When combat starts I always have only Ella in the team, and alone she is no match for the rat king :/
I honestly don't mean to be accusatory, so I deeply apologize if this comes off that way, but I get this bug reported semi-regularly, and the only thing that seems to cause it is using a third party program to edit your save or the game in some way. I check the scripting every time it comes up (and I did just now, just to be safe), and I have yet to find a problem with it.

The best I can recommend is reverting to an earlier save and making sure you avoid doing things like adding Scrap Wood to your inventory. The numbers involved are rather large and very specific, so if you're off by even one, the event sequencing breaks and Phoebe doesn't trigger the event that adds her and Melissa back into your party. If you want the trophy, you've gotta do it the long way. If you don't want to go through it the long way, take Ella's offer to skip it.

If you happen to be the first person to encounter this who has done nothing to the game or your save, give me as much detail as you can. Like whether you went into the Deep Wilds to chop down trees, how many trees you chopped down, how much Scrap Wood is in your inventory, whether you got a notice from Ella to go talk to Phoebe, whether you did or didn't talk to Phoebe after picking up all the wood you could find, if you had wood left in your inventory and how much after getting that notice from Ella, if you did take Ella's offer to skip it, etc. No detail is too small.

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes