hubaba

Oct 29, 2019
Not that's built into the game (except for floor repairs, but you miss a trophy by skipping that), but if you can tell me the last thing you did, I can get you a save. Otherwise, the recent updates have reworked a lot of the earlier content, so it should be considerably less tedious to do again.
Thank you for help but I don't want to bother anyone just because of 1-2 hours of replaying. It should not be too bad to play again if early game was updated. What I worry the most are the bugs, there was some that messed up event sequences to the point that my save was not loading anymore. I thought game is not worth playing in early versions.

Naskura

Sep 18, 2018
So I think I made a boo boo and found a bug, After beating dickwad the III, and receiving Ella's kiss I walked into the parents old room and when I came out the mansion was fixed, even though I was supposed to be checking on Phoebe and Melissa, and when I get to Phoebe after that she's talking about a message being sent that have no clue what she is talking about.

I shut down loaded an earlier save and completed the steps of the floor repair and after Melissa says to open my eyes stuck in a black screen with no way out.

Last edited:

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Is Jenny bugged during the Freeze?

When I went into the kitchen she brought me food, and Melissa appeared and dragged me away, and then there's just black screen.

EDIT: I think I managed to trigger the conversation before by accidentally walking into the West Wing room Melissa dragged me into (will be dragging me into?).
Sorry about that. Jenny doesn't look bugged, but it's definitely possible the conversations triggered out of order. Apparently I never put something in place to stop that event from triggering if you wander into the wrong room. Fixed for the next build. Thanks for letting me know!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thank you for help but I don't want to bother anyone just because of 1-2 hours of replaying. It should not be too bad to play again if early game was updated. What I worry the most are the bugs, there was some that messed up event sequences to the point that my save was not loading anymore. I thought game is not worth playing in early versions.
I don't mind. I've played through most sections of the game close to a dozen times, so it doesn't take me terribly long to do most things. I completely understand bugs ruining the experience, though. I do my best to catch them, but obviously I still miss some (to anyone reading this, I'm still accepting applications for playtesters). The most I can say on that is that if you let me know what you encounter, I can fix it for future builds.

So I think I made a boo boo and found a bug, After beating dickwad the III, and receiving Ella's kiss I walked into the parents old room and when I came out the mansion was fixed, even though I was supposed to be checking on Phoebe and Melissa, and when I get to Phoebe after that she's talking about a message being sent that have no clue what she is talking about.

I shut down loaded an earlier save and completed the steps of the floor repair and after Melissa says to open my eyes stuck in a black screen with no way out.
Dickwad the III. I dig it. Anyway.

Sorry for the trouble with that. For the room putting you in the wrong version of the mansion, there's technical stuff that might apply, but if you didn't manipulate your save or the game, that won't apply and I'm not sure what broke. Same with the screen remaining black when Melissa wakes you up after repairing the floor. I'll run some tests to see if I can pinpoint the issue, but I can't see anything wrong just looking at the scripting.

Naskura

Sep 18, 2018

[/QUOTE]

I couldn't remember his name and he wasn't important enough for me to look it up, For the first bug I have no clue how it really happened and it sounded like there was a lot of things I missed from the dialog after stumbling across it accidentally. As for Manipulating the game state, nope just downloaded extracted and run with the only Manipulation being putting it in full screen mode, no external programs used.

the super weird part about bug two is that I can access the menu and even quit to title under the System submenu so it makes it even weirder. I loaded an earlier save and tried to start from further back and ended same result starting new game.

Last edited:

Naskura

Sep 18, 2018

I couldn't remember his name and he wasn't important enough for me to look it up, For the first bug I have no clue how it really happened and it sounded like there was a lot of things I missed from the dialog after stumbling across it accidentally. As for Manipulating the game state, nope just downloaded extracted and run with the only Manipulation being putting it in full screen mode, no external programs used.

the super weird part about bug two is that I can access the menu and even quit to title under the System submenu so it makes it even weirder. I loaded an earlier save and tried to start from further back and ended same result starting new game.
[/QUOTE]
New game worked I am now in the fixed war room on mansion floor 1.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Yes I did, I have a habit of saving multiple saves, so I just loaded in an earlier one. Lost about an hour of progress, but no biggie.
Still sucks. I'm glad you were able to work your way around it.

New game worked I am now in the fixed war room on mansion floor 1.
I'm not mad about Dickwad the III at all. It actually made me laugh. =P

I'm glad the new save worked for you. Hopefully both issues were just weird one-offs (as much as it sucks that you got stuck with both of them), but I'll still see if I can recreate the issues and try to make them less likely to happen. It sounds like some events may have happened out of order, but it shouldn't be possible to trigger those events out of order, so it'll take some doing for me to figure out. Thanks for following up!

G13

May 25, 2018
First off, thanks for this detailed game hreserves. Especially the first village with it's unexpected story arc was a pleasant surprise.

I think I found a few bugs:

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
First off, thanks for this detailed game hreserves. Especially the first village with it's unexpected story arc was a pleasant surprise.

I think I found a few bugs:
You're welcome! I'm glad you're enjoying the game.

First bug - Sure enough, I forgot to put in the subtraction after I was done testing. And there's a missing conditional in earlier phases. Both fixed for the next build.

Second bug - Yup, someone else called this out as well. A conditional was backwards. It's been fixed for the next build.

Third bug - Sure enough. Little mad at myself for missing that, I was just going through all those recently to add items for the v0.6 post-game and prepping for v0.7. Fixed for the next build.

Thanks for being so detailed in calling these out! It made finding and fixing things really easy.

Just to throw it out there, this kind of detail is exactly what I'm looking for in a playtester. All I can offer you (or anyone else reading this) as payment is some free Patreon benefits, but if you're interested, positions are open.

sapphirequinn

Nov 21, 2020
Does anyone know how to help the blue haired maid when first meeting her? The game seems to imply I should wait for her to speak first, but I waited a minute at each dialogue block and nothing happened.

G13

May 25, 2018
Thanks for being so detailed in calling these out! It made finding and fixing things really easy.
You're welcome. I picked that up from code contributions I did to some open source games I guess.
Just to throw it out there, this kind of detail is exactly what I'm looking for in a playtester. All I can offer you (or anyone else reading this) as payment is some free Patreon benefits, but if you're interested, positions are open.
Not looking to commit to an offical or semi-offical role, but I'll keep the reports coming if I run across more bugs.

On that note:

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
You're welcome. I picked that up from code contributions I did to some open source games I guess.

Not looking to commit to an offical or semi-offical role, but I'll keep the reports coming if I run across more bugs.

On that note:
Fair enough, no pressure. I'll take what I can get, and I greatly appreciate it either way.

For the Check-in - that's not great. I reworked that a while back to be based on a choice system instead of running down the whole list (going over every single Maid felt like overkill, especially as more were added) and creating a true dynamic choice system isn't really possible in the core engine. From working on other aspects, I've got a different idea in mind that should be more dynamic and work a lot better. I'll get that finished for the next build.

For trading furs in Ventire - semi-on-purpose, but it should probably be a choice on the player's behalf instead of happening with no warning. Fixed for the next build.

Thank you so much, I never knew that was even an option. Maybe it would help if it was mentioned at some point haha
Sorry about the trouble with that. Each choice you can make there is supposed to give you a different hint that the option is there (with one option telling you to think "cancel"), but I dislike overt tutorials. Makes it hard to tell you certain things sometimes. It is mentioned as being a thing you can do in the Controls section of the README though.

If you have any suggestions about how to make that clearer (or how it might be mentioned earlier, since Lothario is supposed to introduce a number of similar mechanics), I'm happy to listen.

supernap

May 26, 2017
i have a question about the Beverly challenge, a certain character i like not to spoil here for those who haven~t tried M&M yet, tells me to speak to Bev and then they ill be nearby to win said challenge, but i can only find them in their usual spots: the guest house and the magic chamber.

also i found at least one sequence skip within the game:
there might be more, i just do not remember them anymore

Last edited:

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
i have a question about the Beverly challenge, a certain character i like not to spoil here for those who haven~t tried M&M yet, tells me to speak to Bev and then they ill be nearby to win said challenge, but i can only find them in their usual spots: the guest house and the magic chamber.

also i found at least one sequence skip within the game:

there might be more, i just do not remember them anymore
The next step is to just talk to Beverly again. Your partner will show up when you do. If you have talked to Beverly and they didn't show up, that's a different story. I don't see anything broken for that, but if that's what's happening, let me know and I can look further into it.

For the sequence break - Yup, someone else called that out as well. It's fixed for the next build. If you have the Dark Mark trophy, you can go straight down, then up and down through the door until you trigger the randomly occurring scene. Letting that play through will fix the screen. But that's very much a band-aid while I get the next build developed.

And there's almost definitely more, I've found and fixed a few things that no one has mentioned here. Feel free to call out anything you come across though, I really appreciate the bug reports.

supernap

May 26, 2017
The next step is to just talk to Beverly again. Your partner will show up when you do. If you have talked to Beverly and they didn't show up, that's a different story. I don't see anything broken for that, but if that's what's happening, let me know and I can look further into it.
they simply did not show up, even waiting at the spot for several minutes did not solve it

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
they simply did not show up, even waiting at the spot for several minutes did not solve it
It's not time based at all, you just talk with Beverly. If you've had the conversation telling you to talk with him, that's all there is left to do, there's no hidden extra steps to take.

supernap

May 26, 2017
mhhhh i wounder what i did wrong to break that sequence ...

and no the third picture simply does not appear for me, Bev takes off and the MC is there all alone

Last edited:

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
mhhhh i wounder what i did wrong to break that sequence ...

and no the third picture simply does not appear for me, Bev takes off and the MC is there all alone
Weird. I'll have to do some testing to figure that out.

The only thing I can think might've happened is that you started it and used one of the Estate Maids (like the one in front of the guest house) instead of the character. Though if that's the case, Beverly should still be there so you can try again.
Though if he's gone completely, then the correct version triggered despite the dialogue not appearing and he'll be in the western courtyard in front of the Servant's quarters.
Or something else broke, but that kind of breakage usually doesn't happen without modifying files somehow.

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes