YameteDesu

Oct 25, 2018
giqui I think this one's for you. Looks to be some kind of filename path error, which is something I've never seen or heard before.

It's no bother!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but cheating and giving yourself the extra wood is what caused the issue. There's a point where you're supposed to run out of wood to pick up (Ella gives you a notification when you walk on the ground floor once you've used enough) and you go talk to Phoebe to start the second half of the quest. Giving yourself that extra wood skips activating the second part of the quest, so now different parts of the game think you're at different points in the story.

I'd offer to fix it manually for you, but that section of the game is really fiddly with how it's scripted, so even if I fixed one thing, progression might still be bugged out somewhere else (what usually happens is people get to Extermination with only Ella in the party). The best thing to do would be to revert to an older save. If you don't have one from before you added the extra wood, I can get one for you.

See above. If that doesn't apply to you, or you're in a different part of the game, do you mind providing more details so I can give you more specific help?

There are two ways to do it (for now). One involves Beverly's side quest (talk to him at the docks after you find her (I forget if getting his trophy before finding her locks you out of this option; I think it does)) and the other is an option during final negotiations with Griselda (it should be Free Slave under Make Demands).
Thanks for answering, I was flipping the entire attic and thought I was missing something. lol

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Thanks for answering, I was flipping the entire attic and thought I was missing something. lol
You're welcome!
And no worries, I've been told something similar about a few different places. Most recently the mind maze, but at least there it's on purpose.

Reactions: YameteDesu

Alygness

Jun 12, 2018
Maybe it has been mentioned but I couldn't find it... at the end of Griselda's Mansion... I turned the tables, BUT after I go to sleep, the CG reappears, and even though the game progresses the image stays

Sep 5, 2020
i hope someone makes a walkthrough i would if i knew the game but then if i knew the game i wouldn't need one lol in all seriousness the game fun i really loving it now that i not stuck but i would love a walkthrough so i dont get stuck plus i not cheating to avoid it also.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
this helps a lot thank you
You're welcome!

i hope someone makes a walkthrough i would if i knew the game but then if i knew the game i wouldn't need one lol in all seriousness the game fun i really loving it now that i not stuck but i would love a walkthrough so i dont get stuck plus i not cheating to avoid it also.
Yeah, making a walkthrough is a fairly time consuming process. The quest tracking in-game and the bare-bones spoiler-free one in the README is really as far as I can go with it right now just due to time constraints.

If you really want to put one together, I can answer questions. I just don't have the time to dedicate to writing it myself.

Maybe it has been mentioned but I couldn't find it... at the end of Griselda's Mansion... I turned the tables, BUT after I go to sleep, the CG reappears, and even though the game progresses the image stays
That's not great. I ran into that in playtesting, but I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread before. Guess I missed an erase command somewhere. I'll get that fixed for the next release. Thanks for calling it out!

As far as a fix, that's a little trickier. I can fix it manually for you if you've got a save there.

Ge0rgy

Sep 10, 2018
I am stuck i guess. I am trapped in Kalas Room, Odette being outside and arguing with her, and i can not use the teleporting stone! - If i activate the stone and chose "teleport", i get the message that i cannot teleport right now...
So what do do now? - There is no other way to get out of this room, is there?

Ge0rgy

Sep 10, 2018
I just checked, i cannot telport from the tower in the deep wilds also... so what circumstances do i need to be able to teleport?

Alygness

Jun 12, 2018
You're welcome!

Yeah, making a walkthrough is a fairly time consuming process. The quest tracking in-game and the bare-bones spoiler-free one in the README is really as far as I can go with it right now just due to time constraints.

If you really want to put one together, I can answer questions. I just don't have the time to dedicate to writing it myself.

That's not great. I ran into that in playtesting, but I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread before. Guess I missed an erase command somewhere. I'll get that fixed for the next release. Thanks for calling it out!

As far as a fix, that's a little trickier. I can fix it manually for you if you've got a save there.

Ge0rgy

Sep 10, 2018
Ok, i got the teleport working with an older save... but How in all Gods names am i supposed to go through the mind maze?
Kala and odette cannot be satisfied, the chest keeps jumping around and i can not make any progress at all...
There seems to be no pointer anywhere on what to do!? who designs such riddles?

I really like this game overall, but such things frustrate me. Alongside the fact that sometimes you can't save for quite a long time. For example, i was wondering if the dialogue with Odette in her Room and with Lalita afterwards, change anyhting in the outcome of the bath scene... but it does not seem to be the case and i have to go through all the dialogs leading there, again and again... and i cant even skip through the meaningless dialogue ithout risking to pick the wrong answer because the button to skip over dialogue and acceptin an answer are the same... if you just hammer on return to get over all the conversation, you have to be very careful not to accidently pick the first answer if a selection pops up.

Could you mark "relevant" answers somehow, to distinguish them from flavor-text choices that do not affect the outcome?

I managed to get stuck even in the scene with odette in her room, after taunting her (IIRC) she gave me a handjob and when i selected "cum" the mc just repeated the text about it would be helping if there was a pretty girl in lingerie... and then the selection pops up anew... an endless circle stuck in the handjob.

What really got me puzzled though is this mind maze in the last headstone in the top-floor of the tower... sorry, but i triied several times to satisfy odette or kala and although they once said that they were close, i could not figure out what this means... if you just do them again nothing changes...!? so how the fuck can you satisfy them?

The READMe says
" Either find Trophy 19 or satisfy Odette and Kala, then talk to Lalita until she forces you to leave "

What the fuck is Trophy 19 and how do i get this? I tried going to every little blue flame and doing both scenes (come inside and outside) with every girl. Nothing changed. I chased this goddamn Treasure-Ches around the whole map... pointless. The red orb at the top can not be activated or interacted with... and now what? - how am i supposed to know what to do now? - I resorted to teleporintg home to the estate in the meantime, wondering if i could ask iris for a clue, but nothing also...
The other riddles in the tower were logical and there was a solid hint everywhere (red Orbs, the Painting with "footnotes" and all this) - but this last riddle is too much for me. - I'll play somehting else now - hopefully someone can enlighten me in the future, or newer versions will include even the slightest clue on how to solve this...

Last edited:

maniaki666

Jun 30, 2022
giqui I think this one's for you. Looks to be some kind of filename path error, which is something I've never seen or heard before.

It's no bother!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but cheating and giving yourself the extra wood is what caused the issue. There's a point where you're supposed to run out of wood to pick up (Ella gives you a notification when you walk on the ground floor once you've used enough) and you go talk to Phoebe to start the second half of the quest. Giving yourself that extra wood skips activating the second part of the quest, so now different parts of the game think you're at different points in the story.

I'd offer to fix it manually for you, but that section of the game is really fiddly with how it's scripted, so even if I fixed one thing, progression might still be bugged out somewhere else (what usually happens is people get to Extermination with only Ella in the party). The best thing to do would be to revert to an older save. If you don't have one from before you added the extra wood, I can get one for you.

See above. If that doesn't apply to you, or you're in a different part of the game, do you mind providing more details so I can give you more specific help?

There are two ways to do it (for now). One involves Beverly's side quest (talk to him at the docks after you find her (I forget if getting his trophy before finding her locks you out of this option; I think it does)) and the other is an option during final negotiations with Griselda (it should be Free Slave under Make Demands).
Hello, thanks for your answer, i had an earlier save so i just went back and found the wood.

But now, i got a problem with griselda. I finished the "story" and i wake up in her bedroom but when i try to leave the room, I got a message like :" 'can willow open this?','no she can't ' end of dialogue and i'm not out of her bedroom.

I didn't modifiate any value except the gold and some character stats and i don't have any back up save to rollback (last save i can use is 4hours behind.)

(modified the gold for the shop and character stats cause i hate combat).

What can i do?

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Alygness - I have no idea how it happened, because the render that's displaying has an erase command in every possible instance, but your save is fixed and attached.

Ok, i got the teleport working with an older save... but How in all Gods names am i supposed to go through the mind maze?
Kala and odette cannot be satisfied, the chest keeps jumping around and i can not make any progress at all...
There seems to be no pointer anywhere on what to do!? who designs such riddles?

I really like this game overall, but such things frustrate me. Alongside the fact that sometimes you can't save for quite a long time. For example, i was wondering if the dialogue with Odette in her Room and with Lalita afterwards, change anyhting in the outcome of the bath scene... but it does not seem to be the case and i have to go through all the dialogs leading there, again and again... and i cant even skip through the meaningless dialogue ithout risking to pick the wrong answer because the button to skip over dialogue and acceptin an answer are the same... if you just hammer on return to get over all the conversation, you have to be very careful not to accidently pick the first answer if a selection pops up.

Could you mark "relevant" answers somehow, to distinguish them from flavor-text choices that do not affect the outcome?

I managed to get stuck even in the scene with odette in her room, after taunting her (IIRC) she gave me a handjob and when i selected "cum" the mc just repeated the text about it would be helping if there was a pretty girl in lingerie... and then the selection pops up anew... an endless circle stuck in the handjob.

What really got me puzzled though is this mind maze in the last headstone in the top-floor of the tower... sorry, but i triied several times to satisfy odette or kala and although they once said that they were close, i could not figure out what this means... if you just do them again nothing changes...!? so how the fuck can you satisfy them?

The READMe says
" Either find Trophy 19 or satisfy Odette and Kala, then talk to Lalita until she forces you to leave "

What the fuck is Trophy 19 and how do i get this? I tried going to every little blue flame and doing both scenes (come inside and outside) with every girl. Nothing changed. I chased this goddamn Treasure-Ches around the whole map... pointless. The red orb at the top can not be activated or interacted with... and now what? - how am i supposed to know what to do now? - I resorted to teleporintg home to the estate in the meantime, wondering if i could ask iris for a clue, but nothing also...
The other riddles in the tower were logical and there was a solid hint everywhere (red Orbs, the Painting with "footnotes" and all this) - but this last riddle is too much for me. - I'll play somehting else now - hopefully someone can enlighten me in the future, or newer versions will include even the slightest clue on how to solve this...
Sorry for the trouble with the Homing Stone not working. My best guess is that there's a fringe case where the switch that controls it doesn't flip when it's supposed to, so I've put in an extra failsafe. It shouldn't happen anymore in future builds.

The mind maze is obtuse on purpose. Remember that you can hit "cancel" to make hidden choices. There's a post on an earlier page that explains exactly what to do if you're sick of trying to figure it out. I'm glad you like the game, though!

In terms of conversation choices, "relevant" is subjective. Almost every choice in the game does something (besides the obvious dialogue differences), but the impact the individual choices have are pretty minimal independently. The short answer is no, I can't.

With Odette, it's possible to resist forever, but there's nothing in the script that forces it to loop indefinitely like that. Taunting her does bring up the loop, but selecting the "Cum" option breaks it. I just tested it to be sure, and it works fine on my end. It's possible you're hitting cancel, which triggers another taunt and continues the loop, but it sounds like you got past it regardless.

You're on the right track with Trophy 19. If you start getting extra dialogue, you're making progress. If you leave the maze, it resets.

Hello, thanks for your answer, i had an earlier save so i just went back and found the wood.

But now, i got a problem with griselda. I finished the "story" and i wake up in her bedroom but when i try to leave the room, I got a message like :" 'can willow open this?','no she can't ' end of dialogue and i'm not out of her bedroom.

I didn't modifiate any value except the gold and some character stats and i don't have any back up save to rollback (last save i can use is 4hours behind.)

(modified the gold for the shop and character stats cause i hate combat).

What can i do?
You're welcome!

That's a new one. Looks like I managed to miss an event page with that door. Sorry about that. Fixed for the next build.
You should be able to use the Homing Stone to teleport out of the room. If that doesn't work, I can fix the save manually for you.

Reactions: flavio25

Ge0rgy

Sep 10, 2018
Ok Thanks i got it now. Sadly, no sexy times with Lalita yet? - Would be fitting to dominate her and introduce her to her new role as a servant ;)
Perhaps even using some rope? - At least she seems to be conceived this way, so why not follow the tradition *laugh*
I became a supporter now, hoping this game will continue.
But i just realizes, who he heck is Teely? - I Think i am missing a Maid without noticing it? - Where/ How do you get her?

Sep 5, 2020
I really am enjoying this game especially now from just running around since I tend to forget not to skip so I have to save a lot since I found at least 5 different game overs if no one else make the walkthrough I will be more then happy to I already start on it

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Ok Thanks i got it now. Sadly, no sexy times with Lalita yet? - Would be fitting to dominate her and introduce her to her new role as a servant ;)
Perhaps even using some rope? - At least she seems to be conceived this way, so why not follow the tradition *laugh*
I became a supporter now, hoping this game will continue.
But i just realizes, who he heck is Teely? - I Think i am missing a Maid without noticing it? - Where/ How do you get her?
Not yet. I have something planned that was supposed to be in v0.7.1, but I've been juggling work between three different projects (one of which being the second of the demos I mention in the "end of version" message; you can play the first one - - as a Patron) and trying to be more proactive about the business side of being a dev, so I really have to prioritize what I work on or I'm going to start missing release windows. I have no intention of stopping anytime soon, though.

Teely is in Adhauga, the folk village next to the ocean in the northern forest region. If I remember right, she's in the second house in the bottom row. An event should start when you walk into the house she's in.

Thanks for your support!

I really am enjoying this game especially now from just running around since I tend to forget not to skip so I have to save a lot since I found at least 5 different game overs if no one else make the walkthrough I will be more then happy to I already start on it
I'm glad you're enjoying it!

To the best of my knowledge, no one else is working on one. If you need clarification on anything, feel free to send me a DM.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
homing stone does not work
I need more information than that to be of any help.

Do you mean in general and it never works at any point?
Is it right after Bianca teaches you how to use it?
Are you in Kala's room and you're unable to leave?
Something else entirely?

maniaki666

Jun 30, 2022
Alygness -

You're on the right track with Trophy 19. If you start getting extra dialogue, you're making progress. If you leave the maze, it resets.

I had hoped that somebody could help me too. I don't understand it.
I think i did every combination possible and i can't pass the test.
both "kala" and "odette" have said :" i was close" but on different position depending on if i had leave or not just before.
So i don't really understand what to do. is it a 'you must have the right combination with each maid or with both of them at the same time' or does the other maids (teal flame) have to do with that too?

Ge0rgy

Sep 10, 2018
It worked for me to first "do" them in every available position, and then initiate the conversation, but press X to leave it without picking any answer shown.
Then the MC contemplated whay they would need to be satisfied and found the solution...
No idea about Trophy 19 hough.

Reactions: hreserves

maniaki666

Jun 30, 2022
It worked for me to first "do" them in every available position, and then initiate the conversation, but press X to leave it without picking any answer shown.
Then the MC contemplated whay they would need to be satisfied and found the solution...
No idea about Trophy 19 hough.
OMG it worked. Thank you.

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes