hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I'm stuck here, does anyone know how to get past the passage?
Scrot is pretty close. The intended way to get through is to satisfy the two larger torches. There's a post a couple pages back that explains what to do in detail.
The trophy you can find in the maze lets you bypass the requirement to satisfy the torches, but it's harder to get.

is there any guide for this game
There's a spoiler-free walkthrough in the README, but other than that, not yet. Someone said they'd work on one, but I haven't heard more than that from them yet.
If you're stuck on or curious about a specific part, I'm happy to answer questions.

Reactions: Spider1122

LORDDEVILx69

Sep 15, 2022
Scrot is pretty close. The intended way to get through is to satisfy the two larger torches. There's a post a couple pages back that explains what to do in detail.
The trophy you can find in the maze lets you bypass the requirement to satisfy the torches, but it's harder to get.

There's a spoiler-free walkthrough in the README, but other than that, not yet. Someone said they'd work on one, but I haven't heard more than that from them yet.
If you're stuck on or curious about a specific part, I'm happy to answer questions.

PLEASE Add quest as an option in game for what to do next

Scrot

Definitely not Scrot
Apr 30, 2018
hey hreserves i have a question for you in the end of the game it said the game would only return in 2023 is that true? because i wanted to keep playing honestly its a good game and its fun to play actually :) keep it up :D

Scrot

Definitely not Scrot
Apr 30, 2018
well there is basically a quest line you need to follow you just need to read to what the people say to you you also can get hints from the *Head maid* itself and if it isnt enough or you are stuck just open the f
read me file there is a full non spoiler guide in there and it helps a lot :)

Reactions: hreserves

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
There is something like that in-game. The Homing Stone has a "Quest Tracking" option and the war table in your mansion has a "Task Rundown" option. Both will give you an idea of what to do next for active quests.

Otherwise, like Scrot said, talking to characters will give more hints.
hey hreserves i have a question for you in the end of the game it said the game would only return in 2023 is that true? because i wanted to keep playing honestly its a good game and its fun to play actually :) keep it up :D
Sorta. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

I'm still working on the game, but it's in an "interlude" phase. Most of my time right now is going into the business side of things (like launching on itch.io) and putting some Patron-exclusive demos (the second of which is in the final testing phase) for potential future projects together. The "2023" bit is when I expect work on Act 2 to start.

I'm still updating things, and I still have bigger releases planned for Halloween and winter/Christmas, but I needed to flex different creative muscles after a year's worth of 50+ hour weeks working almost exclusively on MnM. The monthly updates that aren't tied to holidays are smaller and focused on getting background stuff working, like Estate customization and the children part of the pregnancy system.

Scrot

Definitely not Scrot
Apr 30, 2018
There is something like that in-game. The Homing Stone has a "Quest Tracking" option and the war table in your mansion has a "Task Rundown" option. Both will give you an idea of what to do next for active quests.

Otherwise, like Scrot said, talking to characters will give more hints.

Sorta. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

I'm still working on the game, but it's in an "interlude" phase. Most of my time right now is going into the business side of things (like launching on itch.io) and putting some Patron-exclusive demos (the second of which is in the final testing phase) for potential future projects together. The "2023" bit is when I expect work on Act 2 to start.

I'm still updating things, and I still have bigger releases planned for Halloween and winter/Christmas, but I needed to flex different creative muscles after a year's worth of 50+ hour weeks working almost exclusively on MnM. The monthly updates that aren't tied to holidays are smaller and focused on getting background stuff working, like Estate customization and the children part of the pregnancy system.
oh nice cant wait for the pregnancy stuff having tons of little masters running around the house in the future :D would be extremely cool also i have a question about the dungeons though the ones where you need a document to open i have 2 one for the swamp and another for one in a forest somewhere honestly forgot can you tell me where can i find those if they are in the game?
one is in the north forest and the other is in the pond in the swamp

Last edited:

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
one is in the north forest and the other is in the pond in the swamp
The one in the north forest is pretty well hidden. It's on the right side of the connecting wilds between the south forest and the north forest.
The one in the swamp is considerably less hidden. It's at the north end of the map for the pond near Augalamh. If you have the Mother's Blessing trophy, you've walked past it at least once.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Bug report:
Help! Game is mostly unplayable in this state.
That's new. Looking at the scripting, that event shouldn't be able to complete without the player character becoming visible again. I genuinely have no idea how that happened.

I'm happy to fix the save manually for you, but just to do my due diligence - did you modify the game or your save at all? Are you playing through an emulator and/or on a mobile device? If you load an older save and go through the event again, does the same thing still happen?

ChurryOp

May 17, 2021
That's new. Looking at the scripting, that event shouldn't be able to complete without the player character becoming visible again. I genuinely have no idea how that happened.

I'm happy to fix the save manually for you, but just to do my due diligence - did you modify the game or your save at all? Are you playing through an emulator and/or on a mobile device? If you load an older save and go through the event again, does the same thing still happen?
No, nothing modified. Playing 0.7.1. Windows, no emulator. Didn't save for awhile before the problem, so don't want to replay an hour+ worth of content unless you need help.

Attached the save file in question (there were two with the issue; just included the last). (Had to add a txt extension so it would upload.)

Also, thanks for the response!

Reactions: BigBoyBob69

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
No, nothing modified. Playing 0.7.1. Windows, no emulator. Didn't save for awhile before the problem, so don't want to replay an hour+ worth of content unless you need help.

Attached the save file in question (there were two with the issue; just included the last). (Had to add a txt extension so it would upload.)

Also, thanks for the response!
You're welcome! And no worries, the only help I'd need is in figuring out what happened, and doing that can be more work than the lost play time.

Still really weird. Weirder since you haven't changed anything about the game environment. Based solely on the scripting, it's impossible for that event to continue past making the character visible until they're visible again, but here you are.

I doubt it has anything to do with it, but there is a '2' missing from the end of your files save type. Might've just gotten erased when you added the .txt to upload it.

Regardless, fixed save is attached. I left you exactly where you were.

ChurryOp

May 17, 2021
You're welcome! And no worries, the only help I'd need is in figuring out what happened, and doing that can be more work than the lost play time.

Still really weird. Weirder since you haven't changed anything about the game environment. Based solely on the scripting, it's impossible for that event to continue past making the character visible until they're visible again, but here you are.

I doubt it has anything to do with it, but there is a '2' missing from the end of your files save type. Might've just gotten erased when you added the .txt to upload it.

Regardless, fixed save is attached. I left you exactly where you were.
Works great! Thanks again! And, yes, I'd erased the '2' when adding the text extension to allow uploading.

Reactions: hreserves
Feb 25, 2018
I stopped playing for some time and would like to know if there is still a secret time/relation guide for the game! That tells what area/game-time you can get the secrets in order! If there is, can someone point it for me or post here?

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I stopped playing for some time and would like to know if there is still a secret time/relation guide for the game! That tells what area/game-time you can get the secrets in order! If there is, can someone point it for me or post here?
It depends on what you mean.

There are progress-based "time" mechanics, but almost everything (there are 3-4 exceptions) can be obtained at any point. Most trophies you can back track and get at your leisure, for example.

There are also hidden affection points that are also tracked, but by the end of the game, there should be more than enough ways to raise affection to the maximum score without needing to worry about micro-managing who is getting how many points.

There isn't a guide for either, though. Not one that's available yet, anyway. Someone on a previous page said they were interested in making a guide, but I haven't heard more than that from them yet.

But if you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them!

Feb 25, 2018
I would just like something like a tip for the trophies or in the case of the trophies that I can lose if you could say something like "you can get trophy nº 12 before something happens you before you do that" ! I'm kind of a collector and I would like to get everything, because I usually try to do everything, so even backtracking in the saves is a pain in the ass ! And if the maps are still as big as they were without a tip, it's hell to look for the trophies blind ! For example at the uncle mansion when you just release it I spend like 2 hours looking for the key and didn't find it ! I had to look for tips here, but even with them, it was difficult ! And for humongous places with little or no things, it's even more depressing to search ;-; "mind you I'm playing after sometime and didn't see the previous updates" without tips they are more suffering them rewarding ! PS: if you can they how many they are, that helps too! (and for what I remember of you don't like too spoiler stuff, so I'm not asking for the "answer" for how to get them but just a hint or a guiding hand pointing at the right way like you did a long time ago !)

Feb 25, 2018
As I'm playing it again from the beginning I have to say at least even if the maps are still big they are better and at least now they have something for you to find and some flavor text and some items scattered even in random places so in this aspect the game is already much better!

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes