hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I would just like something like a tip for the trophies or in the case of the trophies that I can lose if you could say something like "you can get trophy nº 12 before something happens you before you do that" ! I'm kind of a collector and I would like to get everything, because I usually try to do everything, so even backtracking in the saves is a pain in the ass ! And if the maps are still as big as they were without a tip, it's hell to look for the trophies blind ! For example at the uncle mansion when you just release it I spend like 2 hours looking for the key and didn't find it ! I had to look for tips here, but even with them, it was difficult ! And for humongous places with little or no things, it's even more depressing to search ;-; "mind you I'm playing after sometime and didn't see the previous updates" without tips they are more suffering them rewarding ! PS: if you can they how many they are, that helps too! (and for what I remember of you don't like too spoiler stuff, so I'm not asking for the "answer" for how to get them but just a hint or a guiding hand pointing at the right way like you did a long time ago !)
There is a hint system for the trophies coming in a future update (I can't say exactly when because it's a sub-system I haven't designed yet and I have tons of stuff to do to get the existing content to where it's supposed to be and make sure I'm hitting other timed releases), but it will be in-game and easily accessible, and it will be in the game before I start on Act 2.

I fully understand being a collector and getting frustrated when something is difficult to find with little to no direction on how to get it; I'm the same way. Maids & Masters is the first game I've made, so the road can be a little rocky as I learn how to do things.

As for which trophies are fully missable: Trophy 4 (Preserved Flower) and 16 (Silver Platter) are the only two that you only have one chance at. If you complete the part of the game they're available in without obtaining them (recruiting Phoebe and the Amaira Estate), they cannot be obtained later. There are some that you can technically miss or lock yourself out of (like Trophy 2 - Taxidermy Rat) but they'll be added to Big Dick's Estate in future updates so you can get them even if you lock yourself out of it. Trophy 2 is currently the only one available there, though. There's a more detailed answer in

As always, I'm open to suggestions and feedback. If you run into anything like that as you're playing through the newer version of the game and you think "why didn't they just do ___?" then feel free to mention ___. Even if there's a reason I didn't or can't do a thing, I'll listen.
As I'm playing it again from the beginning I have to say at least even if the maps are still big they are better and at least now they have something for you to find and some flavor text and some items scattered even in random places so in this aspect the game is already much better!
I'm glad you like the improvements! I've struggled with how to make maps feel "full" since the start of the game, so I'm happy to hear the way it is now is better than it was.

Feb 25, 2018
Can anyone give me a tip about trophy 9 besides books? Because I think I read all the books until I got the librarian and still didn't get the trophy, and I already have the 10º one! PS: already backtracked and read everything again and for what the slut-clown says I already read 100 unique books :/ and that I'm almost 100% sure I didn't cheat :/ ( Already gotten all Trophies to 12 besides the 9º one! )

Last edited:

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Can anyone give me a tip about trophy 9 besides books? Because I think I read all the books until I got the librarian and still didn't get the trophy, and I already have the 10º one! PS: already backtracked and read everything again and for what the slut-clown says I already read 100 unique books :/ and that I'm almost 100% sure I didn't cheat :/ ( Already gotten all Trophies to 12 besides the 9º one! )
I'm not sure how you don't have it. Every bookcase that ticks up the trophy counter also checks that counter and will give you the trophy if you're at the correct amount. Which is 65. If you made it to 100, you should've gotten it a while ago.

I'll have to look further into that.

But how are you almost 100% sure you didn't cheat?

Feb 25, 2018
I'm not sure how you don't have it. Every bookcase that ticks up the trophy counter also checks that counter and will give you the trophy if you're at the correct amount. Which is 65. If you made it to 100, you should've gotten it a while ago.

I'll have to look further into that.

But how are you almost 100% sure you didn't cheat?
The almost sure is because I interacted with the slut-clown when I see her and usually see what is her thing, but even so, normally I just roll back my save! And for what I remember in this case, I didn't even mess with her until I was crazy trying to find WTF is happening! And 65 ??? I got to 102 after going for every fucking bookcase again! I have to be in some specific place or do something after or when I'm with 65? Furthermore, I'm waiting for this trophy to do the next state renovation, as I didn't know if I could get it after! It's the only one from the roll I don't have! (I will try to be with 65 books and run around until I get a reply, if I get it I will edit this post)

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
The almost sure is because I interacted with the slut-clown when I see her and usually see what is her thing, but even so, normally I just roll back my save! And for what I remember in this case, I didn't even mess with her until I was crazy trying to find WTF is happening! And 65 ??? I got to 102 after going for every fucking bookcase again! I have to be in some specific place or do something after or when I'm with 65? Furthermore, I'm waiting for this trophy to do the next state renovation, as I didn't know if I could get it after! It's the only one from the roll I don't have! (I will try to be with 65 books and run around until I get a reply, if I get it I will edit this post)
Gotcha. Yeah, that's super weird. Punchinella shouldn't affect that trophy at all, so if there's an instance of her that says you're over 100, there's probably something I missed even on a second look. Most of the stuff she does is relatively harmless. I take out most everything that'll really break the game (the biggest exception being the shop instance that mucks with the game's phase variables; that one can lock you out of progression if you aren't careful).

It sounds like what happened is that you found a bookcase that missed the check but still increased the variable. You don't need to be anywhere specific or take an additional action beyond raising that variable.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: anshusenpai
Feb 25, 2018
Gotcha. Yeah, that's super weird. Punchinella shouldn't affect that trophy at all, so if there's an instance of her that says you're over 100, there's probably something I missed even on a second look. Most of the stuff she does is relatively harmless. I take out most everything that'll really break the game (the biggest exception being the shop instance that mucks with the game's phase variables; that one can lock you out of progression if you aren't careful).

It sounds like what happened is that you found a bookcase that missed the check but still increased the variable. You don't need to be anywhere specific or take an additional action beyond raising that variable.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I put the book thing in 65 and will just continue the game and who knows if I can still get the achievement at random and just for note I never mess with the slut-clown because I imagine it may fuck my game so never even tested the shop one! And I don't have any idea what happened even so because I check every F thing I see so only the first time I interacted with the slut clown she said I was under 65 books I was with 35 or 45 I think latter I was already over 65, but I didn't have a clue about the achievement at the time and that was a long time ago! So maybe look into that for the next update :/, but thanks for your time and attention anyway :3

Reactions: hreserves

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I keep getting black screens in the master mansion that you visit to get Alice
Do you mind calling out the specific points? For example, is it during that story section, or after it's complete and you're returning later? If it's when you return later, does it only happen with specific doors? Does the game freeze up when it happens, or are you able to open the menu and/or interact with things while the screen is black?

Cpthebatman

Sep 22, 2020
It is when you go back to the your room in the east wing of his mansion right after you get her then again when you go for tea the last one is where im stuck i was able to use a maid for service and it brought the animation up then it fixed it self the first time

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
It is when you go back to the your room in the east wing of his mansion right after you get her then again when you go for tea the last one is where im stuck i was able to use a maid for service and it brought the animation up then it fixed it self the first time
Strange. All the scripting is correct, and I'm not able to recreate the issue on my end, so I'm not sure what happened.

If the issue is what I think it is (a FadeIn got skipped somehow), you should be able to do the same thing you did before and run any of the Maids' Service options and it'll correct itself. If something else is going on or the game is fully locking up, I have no idea what it could be. I can try fixing your save manually if you aren't able to use the same workaround.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Save file
I still have no idea how it happened, but it looks like the event just... stopped running.

Fixed save is attached. I left you basically exactly where you left off, but with that event having properly completed, so you should load in and dialogue will immediately start happening. If any other weirdness comes up (like an event repeating itself, or progress seemingly reversed) let me know and I'll look further into it.

Cpthebatman

Sep 22, 2020
I still have no idea how it happened, but it looks like the event just... stopped running.

Fixed save is attached. I left you basically exactly where you left off, but with that event having properly completed, so you should load in and dialogue will immediately start happening. If any other weirdness comes up (like an event repeating itself, or progress seemingly reversed) let me know and I'll look further into it.
Thanks for the help

Ge0rgy

Sep 10, 2018
I think i found a Bug,
if i start working with phoebe everything plays normally at first, the MC asks Phoebe to write out a full A to G substitution.
Shortly after he simply says "now this is a good sit" and the screen goes Blank... if i keep hitting space to continue just this message with the good sit comes up over and over, looping forever... no chance to progress here...!?

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
I have a suggestion for the dev. If you don't know how to code in a quest log (understandable) a workaround would be to create items whose description matches each quest (one per quest) and than give them to the player when a quest start and take them away when it ends.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Does anybody have a savefile with everything done up to 0.71? Lost mine
Attached (it's only up to v0.7's endpoint, so you might have to repeat a few things). Not sure if it's got absolutely everything, though.
Thanks for the help
You're welcome!
I think i found a Bug,
if i start working with phoebe everything plays normally at first, the MC asks Phoebe to write out a full A to G substitution.
Shortly after he simply says "now this is a good sit" and the screen goes Blank... if i keep hitting space to continue just this message with the good sit comes up over and over, looping forever... no chance to progress here...!?
That certainly sounds like a bug. I'll have to look into it further, but I think what happened is the event for the chair was triggered and interrupted the event that was supposed to be running. I've got that removed from that instance so it can't happen in future builds. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to fix it after it's happened, even if you gave me your save. If you don't have a save that puts you where you were before you started that event, the attached save should put you close.
I have a suggestion for the dev. If you don't know how to code in a quest log (understandable) a workaround would be to create items whose description matches each quest (one per quest) and than give them to the player when a quest start and take them away when it ends.
Coding in a full quest log would involve making my own plugin from scratch, and as I don't speak Ruby, it's not something I can do, no matter how much I'd like to. I've looked for existing scripts as well, and the ones I've found have all been labeled as broken and no longer being supported by whoever made them.

Solid suggestion, though! I've already done something similar, it's just one giant string baked into a single item. If you use the Homing Stone, you should see a Quest Tracking or Task Rundown option. That'll have Melissa tell you what your next step is for the main quest and any currently active side quests. If you don't have the Homing Stone yet, the war table in your Estate has the same option after the floors have been repaired.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Where do I find the old mans lost ring? I clicked on every bed in the abandoned estate. Or am I not getting the right estate?

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Where do I find the old mans lost ring? I clicked on every bed in the abandoned estate. Or am I not getting the right estate?
It isn't in an Estate, it's in an abandoned tower. You don't have full access to the location right away.

Ge0rgy

Sep 10, 2018
Oh i have a save which is just before i spoke to phoebe, i just thaught the phoebe-"work" - quest would bring some progress and possibly let me do things not possible until that point, as Melissa seems to be very insistent that i speak to phoebe so it must be important...
But no big deal though. i have a prior save and can still wait for the next build until i start this quest again. Happy Coding :D

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes