hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
looks interesting but have to pass cant stand having to use keys not the mouse
no mouse , pass
This is unfortunately a limitation of the engine. I've looked into adding mouse support with scripts, but unfortunately it doesn't seem possible in the version I'm using here.

I may have another solution, though. More on that coming around the new year.

Reactions: pantherismytat

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
What are the chances of a renpy port...
An official one? Extremely low. I don't know how to program in Ren'Py, and while I intend to learn eventually, Maids & Masters is intended to be an RPG. It wouldn't work as well (possibly not at all) in an engine like Ren'Py. That aside, I have many other stories I'd like to tell, and I'd rather create something new that's better suited to Ren'Py than re-tell Maids & Masters.

Archdragonar

Aug 10, 2018
how do do the maze in the tower holds floor 4 when you go in alone with out maids? it has blue flames around and 1 blue torch and 1 red torch how do i get through this to get Lalita's Estate

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
how do do the maze in the tower holds floor 4 when you go in alone with out maids? it has blue flames around and 1 blue torch and 1 red torch how do i get through this to get Lalita's Estate
You need to satisfy the two larger flames. There's two ways to get past them. One is with the trophy you can find there (though getting that is more difficult - if you start getting extra lines of dialogue, you're on the right track). The other, you need to use cancel to make a hidden choice (when choices are presented, hit X or Num0), but you need to take a step with each before the hidden choice works.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
found a bug i have a blank screen.
At which point? Did you perform a specific action, or is the game a blank screen immediately after loading your save? There is a known issue for v0.8 in the dev notes of the original post; does that apply?

Feel free to message me directly if you're worried about spoiling something.

nico360

May 17, 2020
Does anyone know what folder or file I have to modify to make the movement of the mc be done with a w s d instead of the keyboard arrows? and what application to use in case 1 is required

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Does anyone know what folder or file I have to modify to make the movement of the mc be done with a w s d instead of the keyboard arrows? and what application to use in case 1 is required
Doing this requires a back-end plugin, it's unfortunately not supported natively within the engine and I'm not aware of any front-end programs that would modify the game to allow it.

I'm working on a fix, though. More on that on my dev blog tomorrow.

Did you move the deep wilds hold writ?
Nope, it's still hidden behind the same tree it's always been.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Why does it take all of the buff when the enemy uses a debuff instead of bringing it down by 1? 2-1=0?
That's the way RPG Maker handles it, it isn't something I set myself. The same thing applies to enemies and debuffs, though. Enemies that buff themselves can be reset using a single debuff, and if your party gets two stacks of a debuff, a single buff will clear them.

nico360

May 17, 2020
Doing this requires a back-end plugin, it's unfortunately not supported natively within the engine and I'm not aware of any front-end programs that would modify the game to allow it.

I'm working on a fix, though. More on that on my dev blog tomorrow.

Nope, it's still hidden behind the same tree it's always been.
Too bad, I'll be watching the game anyway, I even think it would be better to use the mouse click, but I read that it is not an option that is available to you at this time, if you can put the other keys or be able to use the mause, you should warn in the developer notes, I've seen that many didn't even try to give the game a chance just for that

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Too bad, I'll be watching the game anyway, I even think it would be better to use the mouse click, but I read that it is not an option that is available to you at this time, if you can put the other keys or be able to use the mause, you should warn in the developer notes, I've seen that many didn't even try to give the game a chance just for that
Yeah, I know it's a barrier for some people. Switching engines is definitely a big change, but with the benefits it brings, I think it's worth doing.

Alababa

May 10, 2019
Hello all, im stuck... in the manor with undead trying to save melissa but the boss fight is like impossible... it regenerate 9999 HP each round just wow what can i do ? Can someone help me ?

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Hello all, im stuck... in the manor with undead trying to save melissa but the boss fight is like impossible... it regenerate 9999 HP each round just wow what can i do ? Can someone help me ?
There's more than one target.

Reactions: Alababa
3.80 star(s) 12 Votes