Porter42

Jul 23, 2021
Now that i play this and get to know the maids especially Phoebe, i dont know if i feel disturbed or distraught hahaha well i guess it's a matter of perspective.

But overall it is a great game.

Last edited:

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Some feedback from me about the early game.

1) Too much walking in the wood collecting section in the southern part of the wild, the wolf deals too much damage so does the snake with its 80% chance of poisoning one of the maids. I think it would be good if I can trade some of the wood for a camping tent that I can use for a quick rest in order to keep exploring.

2) Ella is an absolutely dead weight in this part of the game, her only useful skill is mending which heals a random amount of HP (why?), she hit like a wet tissue and has an armor even thinner than that so she easily goes down with 3 hits from the wolf. Please pump her attack or defense a bit more so she is not completely useless in a fight.

3) About the gearing, can I have some helper in the game about which girl can equip with which gear? Since there is no convenience class system or role in the game, at least you can add some tutorial on equipment. Chamberlain or Chief maid or caretaker etc really did not convey anything about the girl's role in battle.
Thanks for the feedback! To respond to the points individually:

1) I've heard a lot of "too much walking," and I think you're the first person to actually point out a specific map. Thank you for that.
I've been considering shrinking that map a bit, but there's so much there that doing so would be a pretty big undertaking. It's also the point where most people seem to think cheating is easier than just doing the quest (which often breaks the game), so it's obvious I need to find some kind of compromise. The tent definitely isn't a bad idea, but I'm not sure how I'd make it work. If you have any other thoughts, I'd be happy to hear you out.
For the rest - the enemies are used in later regions as well. I've rebalanced the combat from multiple angles a few times, and I'm not opposed to doing it again if it's truly necessary, but if I make them weaker than they currently are they become a trivial nuisance later on. I can look into lowering the poison % chance for the snakes, but I know it is lower than 80%. And you can trade for supplies - wolf pelts for potions, snake fangs for antidotes, both 1:1. I can't add an option to trade wood specifically because if I do, there's a chance you lock yourself out of progression by over-trading.

2) There are a few things I tried to do with Ella that didn't quite work out. Mostly because I misunderstood the crit chance math. She's supposed to have a much higher critical chance than the others, which is why her base stats are so low. Her stat growth rates are also different, and while the core idea works, it definitely adds to her feeling useless early on. I'll own up to it - I did it wrong.
I like how it works from a narrative perspective, so the difference probably won't be staggering, but I agree that she needs a rebalance. I know how to change things so she'll be closer to where I want her to be, but fixing those things has to do with a lot of back-end parameters that don't update properly for existing saves, so I can't just fix it. As mentioned in a post above, I've got plans, I've talked a bit about those plans on , and I'll be talking more about those plans in future updates.
Though to clarify, everything does a random amount of damage/healing. There's a "variance" number for every attack and skill in the game, with the default being 20%. Mending Touch actually has a lower variance than average - 15%. What you might be noticing is that it heals extra based on the target's MDEF.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3) I'll own up to that, too - the classes are in no way intuitive because every Maid has her own unique class. Unfortunately, this also makes any kind of tutorial kind of pointless even if I wanted to include one (and, in the interest of transparency, I don't). I feel like there's a plugin that exists somewhere that would provide more information like that, and if I could control it I'd have that info available on the status screen, but neither option is currently possible; I've looked into it in the past. I've added this to my notes to look into further, though, my options should open up with my plans for Act 2.

Now that i play this and get to know the maids especially Phoebe, i dont know if i feel disturbed or distraught hahaha well i guess it's a matter of perspective.

But overall it is a great game.
I feel like I'm supposed to ask "good disturbed or bad disturbed?" but I'm not sure "good disturbed" is a thing.

I'm glad you like the game, though!

Porter42

Jul 23, 2021
Thanks for the feedback! To respond to the points individually:

1) I've heard a lot of "too much walking," and I think you're the first person to actually point out a specific map. Thank you for that.
I've been considering shrinking that map a bit, but there's so much there that doing so would be a pretty big undertaking. It's also the point where most people seem to think cheating is easier than just doing the quest (which often breaks the game), so it's obvious I need to find some kind of compromise. The tent definitely isn't a bad idea, but I'm not sure how I'd make it work. If you have any other thoughts, I'd be happy to hear you out.
For the rest - the enemies are used in later regions as well. I've rebalanced the combat from multiple angles a few times, and I'm not opposed to doing it again if it's truly necessary, but if I make them weaker than they currently are they become a trivial nuisance later on. I can look into lowering the poison % chance for the snakes, but I know it is lower than 80%. And you can trade for supplies - wolf pelts for potions, snake fangs for antidotes, both 1:1. I can't add an option to trade wood specifically because if I do, there's a chance you lock yourself out of progression by over-trading.

2) There are a few things I tried to do with Ella that didn't quite work out. Mostly because I misunderstood the crit chance math. She's supposed to have a much higher critical chance than the others, which is why her base stats are so low. Her stat growth rates are also different, and while the core idea works, it definitely adds to her feeling useless early on. I'll own up to it - I did it wrong.
I like how it works from a narrative perspective, so the difference probably won't be staggering, but I agree that she needs a rebalance. I know how to change things so she'll be closer to where I want her to be, but fixing those things has to do with a lot of back-end parameters that don't update properly for existing saves, so I can't just fix it. As mentioned in a post above, I've got plans, I've talked a bit about those plans on , and I'll be talking more about those plans in future updates.
Though to clarify, everything does a random amount of damage/healing. There's a "variance" number for every attack and skill in the game, with the default being 20%. Mending Touch actually has a lower variance than average - 15%. What you might be noticing is that it heals extra based on the target's MDEF.

3) I'll own up to that, too - the classes are in no way intuitive because every Maid has her own unique class. Unfortunately, this also makes any kind of tutorial kind of pointless even if I wanted to include one (and, in the interest of transparency, I don't). I feel like there's a plugin that exists somewhere that would provide more information like that, and if I could control it I'd have that info available on the status screen, but neither option is currently possible; I've looked into it in the past. I've added this to my notes to look into further, though, my options should open up with my plans for Act 2.

I feel like I'm supposed to ask "good disturbed or bad disturbed?" but I'm not sure "good disturbed" is a thing.

I'm glad you like the game, though!
It's actually "good disturbed" hahaha i mean i do not know what to feel about the past of the maids before the acquitision of them. But i thought of you wouldn't be a good storymaker if i didnt feel this. But it would be kind of convinient if you made the 'change formation' not rely on the homing stone. Anyway have a good day and good luck, and i was thinking of making a pledge by next month, but not much since i dont generate income that can make me pledge a little more generous.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
It's actually "good disturbed" hahaha i mean i do not know what to feel about the past of the maids before the acquitision of them. But i thought of you wouldn't be a good storymaker if i didnt feel this. But it would be kind of convinient if you made the 'change formation' not rely on the homing stone. Anyway have a good day and good luck, and i was thinking of making a pledge by next month, but not much since i dont generate income that can make me pledge a little more generous.
I've heard the hallmark of whether or not a work can be considered art is whether or not the work makes the person appreciating it feel something, so I will absolutely take that as a compliment.

I'd like to change how the formation works, but there's this thing that RPG Maker does where your player character sprite is whoever is in your first party slot. The Homing Stone is a workaround that lets me reset the character sprite to Master as part of changing your formation, otherwise you'd be stuck needing to return to your Estate every time you wanted to change your party around. I can look into plugins to see if it can be addressed in the future, but I've looked into it before and haven't found a better solution yet.

And if you can't afford to support me financially, that's totally fine. It's the thought that counts. You can still do plenty to support me that doesn't cost money - follow me on Twitter/itch/Reddit, like/retweet/cross-post my announcements, share links to my game with people, etc. - it all helps. I'd feel bad if I knew people were giving me money when they couldn't afford to.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Porter42

Porter42

Jul 23, 2021
I have a question, i may have heard or seen your name somewhere. Have you by chance made a walkthrough for The Last Sovereign?

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
How to get interlude? What the Haunt mean?
The Haunt is an in-game season. You can tell it's on if the water in the swamp regions is purple.

The interlude refers to the most recent updates and the story that takes place between Act 1 and Act 2. Act 1's story concludes with the end of the events that take place at Lalita's Estate. The interlude's story will conclude with the end of this year's Freeze event in the next release.

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
Maids Master [0.9.2] Compressed (UnTested)

Win (1.1 GB/ 459 MB) : ,

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017
@
hreserves
So the hold in the deep wild is supposed to be unavailable in the early game? I did not know that. I cleared it as soon I got the 4th maid.
There is, I think it is a bug in Ella. If she wears a rug beater in her main hand, it will prevent her from equip another weapon as indended. However, if you give her another weapon in her main hand, she can dual wield that weapon and the rug beater thus turned her into an auto attack monster with the highest attack in the game. The Headmaid pumped her with attack and the baby doll do healing, she can kill anything and anything can kill her in 2 hits.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
So the hold in the deep wild is supposed to be unavailable in the early game? I did not know that. I cleared it as soon I got the 4th maid.
There is, I think it is a bug in Ella. If she wears a rug beater in her main hand, it will prevent her from equip another weapon as indended. However, if you give her another weapon in her main hand, she can dual wield that weapon and the rug beater thus turned her into an auto attack monster with the highest attack in the game. The Headmaid pumped her with attack and the baby doll do healing, she can kill anything and anything can kill her in 2 hits.
The Deep Wilds Hold is meant to be accessible immediately (as in when you first go there to get more wood to repair your floors), but it isn't intended to be cleared until you have a full party. Not exactly unavailable, just difficult.

And while that equipment glitch is a bug, there's nothing I can really do to fix it. It also fixes the complaint that Ella is less effective in combat early on (which, tbh, is sort of intentional; she's a utility character, not a damage dealer). The same glitch works with everyone, but not everyone can wield the dual-wield-type weapons.

Stuff like this has come up before where things are accidentally unbalanced, but you have to go looking for them in order to find them, so I leave them in. It rewards experimenting with different builds and characters instead of sticking with the same equipment and characters forever. Something similar happens with the Pocket Book accessory on certain characters.

mitchteck

Jan 3, 2023
Does anyone know where to find the trowel in the love shack repair thing I found a post here saying it was on the second floor of the swamp tower but I scraped that and didn't find it

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Am I missing something - how can I beat garden hulk?
You are missing something. There's more than one target.

Does anyone know where to find the trowel in the love shack repair thing I found a post here saying it was on the second floor of the swamp tower but I scraped that and didn't find it
There's a jar you can break. You need at least one Scrap Stone, and you have to interact with it more than once.

Thayron

May 2, 2017
1) How to save the prisoner in Griselda's mansion? 2) I found a maid and the options to offer water, food, dick or recruit appeared. I tried to recruit and nothing happened and then I followed up with the story did I miss recruiting this maid?

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
1) How to save the prisoner in Griselda's mansion? 2) I found a maid and the options to offer water, food, dick or recruit appeared. I tried to recruit and nothing happened and then I followed up with the story did I miss recruiting this maid?
1) There are a couple of ways. One involves Beverly's sidequest, and the other is an option during the final negotiations with Griselda. If you're past final negotiations and have the headband, you missed her. I have plans to add additional methods in the future, but none of those are available yet.

2) No, you didn't miss her. The optional Maids can always be recruited. Quinn is definitely a bit tricky, but if you hang around on the region map, she'll show up again regardless of how many times she runs off.

Hey I cant withdraw metal from Auda's Storeroom even when I add to the amount I can't withdraw any I put in but it works for all the other materials If you have time could you please help
Sure enough, there's a check that looks at the wrong variable. Fixed for the next release.

As a work around until the next release is out: the variable it checks is the amount of Scrap Cloth you have in storage. As long as the amount you're trying to withdraw is less than the amount of cloth you've got stored, it should still work. Just make sure to pay attention to how much Scrap Metal you actually have; abusing the incorrect check will at minimum put you at a negative amount of metal in storage, and could potentially break something else.

Reactions: Thayron
Jun 6, 2017
How do we repair the east wing? I repaired the headstone and feel like that should have happened by now and i've had the idea of where to put the nursery.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
How do we repair the east wing? I repaired the headstone and feel like that should have happened by now and i've had the idea of where to put the nursery.
It happens automatically early on in the interlude. You'll get a couple of visitors and Melissa will mention it being open. It gets converted to the nursery after your first kid is born (which shouldn't be until after it's open unless you edited a variable - let me know if you didn't edit anything, there might be a bug I need to address).

Jun 6, 2017
I guess i'm not to the interlude yet, I expected it to happen prior to the Lalita estate since it got mentioned during the freeze

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes