giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
Maids & Masters [v0.10] [The Mithril Hourglass]

COMPRESSED WINDOWS

- - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Could anyone try my save, and tell me what I am missing, and where it is if you find it?

I've been revisiting every single rooms many times, and if I am missing a piece of wood, I ain't finding it.

I've talked to all three maids, but I seem to be unable to progress.

*edit*: Well, I tried it from scratch again, I only did the mansion this time, and looted the wood from the guest house, and I am still stuck. At this point I'm pretty certain I'm not missing anything, and did not miss a room. Is the current version bugged or...?

*edit edit*: Right, I give up. I went to talk to Ella to get her to finish, which allowed me to get the group, but then I still can"t leave the mansion. This seems like something is not working right somehow. I also saw in the dev notes that futa/trans will be added at some point, since this is something I absolutely loath, I am going to give up this game entirely.

Last edited:

taler

Oct 5, 2017
This really needs a VN mode, can't stand the walking around empty rooms "gameplay".

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I just found a small story discrepancy
I think I found what you're referring to, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Could anyone try my save, and tell me what I am missing, and where it is if you find it?

I've been revisiting every single rooms many times, and if I am missing a piece of wood, I ain't finding it.

I've talked to all three maids, but I seem to be unable to progress.

*edit*: Well, I tried it from scratch again, I only did the mansion this time, and looted the wood from the guest house, and I am still stuck. At this point I'm pretty certain I'm not missing anything, and did not miss a room. Is the current version bugged or...?

*edit edit*: Right, I give up. I went to talk to Ella to get her to finish, which allowed me to get the group, but then I still can"t leave the mansion. This seems like something is not working right somehow. I also saw in the dev notes that futa/trans will be added at some point, since this is something I absolutely loath, I am going to give up this game entirely.
There is a bug there if you carried a save over from Arrival, but only if you were incredibly thorough with the optional events there. v0.10.1 has fixes to to account for this, as well as more generous leeway for how much you need to do before you can continue.
For not being able to leave if you use the skip function, I apparently missed a progression bug there. Fixed for the next version.

As for your save in particular, you did actually miss a couple. I found two in the study, and I've attached a save where you're parked right in front of them. You only need one to hit the threshold to be able to move on to the next part.

And just to clarify - the futa content will be contained in one location (outside of a single character), will not be 'on male,' and will be entirely optional. You won't see it unless you go looking for it. Up to you if you care to keep going.

Satanas6669

Jul 4, 2019
Does anyone know why you are unable to leave the estate to chop wood in the deep wilds? I keep getting the "i don't want to leave" message after passing off rebuild to ella and getting the axe

to clarify... no mods or cheats or edits have been used.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Does anyone know why you are unable to leave the estate to chop wood in the deep wilds? I keep getting the "i don't want to leave" message after passing off rebuild to ella and getting the axe

to clarify... no mods or cheats or edits have been used.
That was identified by someone else recently as well. I've added a patch to the dev notes in the OP that should resolve the issue.
I say should because I had some trouble with the .rar tripping some false positives, which made it a pain to test and might have interfered with the file, and may interfere when it's downloaded. Based on testing the fix in the dev build with another save, the fix does resolve that particular issue, though.

If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll try another fix.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
I think I found what you're referring to, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

There is a bug there if you carried a save over from Arrival, but only if you were incredibly thorough with the optional events there. v0.10.1 has fixes to to account for this, as well as more generous leeway for how much you need to do before you can continue.
For not being able to leave if you use the skip function, I apparently missed a progression bug there. Fixed for the next version.

As for your save in particular, you did actually miss a couple. I found two in the study, and I've attached a save where you're parked right in front of them. You only need one to hit the threshold to be able to move on to the next part.

And just to clarify - the futa content will be contained in one location (outside of a single character), will not be 'on male,' and will be entirely optional. You won't see it unless you go looking for it. Up to you if you care to keep going.
Thank you for your reply.
I was incredibly thorough yes. I pretty much always do everything on games :D

I tried your save:
1687074609603.png

and I tried the other save where I redid everything from scratch to be sure.
So I believe something else's going on. I also installed the patch, but I recon that won't affect it unless I go talk to Ella.
If items are present for you there, at that spot, then there is another issue for me.

The skip patch works if I skip through Ella however, so that bit works, but, I want to finish the floor repair.
Since I had no issue on previous versions, and never imported arrival saves before, the only thing I found odd in arrival, was a pile of wood in Melissa's bedroom, that could not be interacted with. As it is not there. The cup of tea on the table in the first floor is gone as well, and the table was salvageable, so it could be that as well maybe.

If you can not find a solution, could you add a dialogue with Emma to move the quest successfully one notch maybe?

*edit* for now I just edited the save to give myself 2 scrap woods, and fixed one hole, with the OP fix, that allowed me to proceed normally. I'll see if it causes any issues, but I recon that will work. My suggestion would be to lower the requirements by 2 holes maybe? So whatever issue is causing it should disappear.

I played the arrival, and did absolutely everything, and found everything as well.

For the futa, I'll play until it's there, and I'll see how bad it is, I usually add games on ignore as soon as there's futa/trans, since I'm totally against it. I may do an exception for this game, since I can not understand what you meant in your previous post.

*edit edit* : I completed the floor repair and extermination quest fine. But now, Ella won't let me leave saying there's only the two of us, while I can see my party has all 3 maids in it. No option to change the party, and all the maids have been talked to. I suspect the op fix for the previous block at the gate broke this one. I have overwrote the map001 with the original one, and it proceeds, so your fix breaks the game further down the line :)

Last edited:

Zemax

☠︎︎ The real world is where the monsters are ☠︎︎
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Aug 19, 2022
Not bad! i love maids

Reactions: hreserves

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Any hint for trophy6? There are way too many rooms and intractable in that mansion, I'm pretty sure I've looked everywhere, but the mansion and the rooms are so massive, it is literally impossible to remember what has been checked before or not.

Since I got the shadow maid that can open locks, it'd be nice to be able to bypass the key hunt as well.

Ok, this was far from obvious.
You need to speak to the maid in the garden outside. THEN the bag with the key appear. If anyone ever wonders how trophy 6 works :)

Last edited:

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Thank you for your reply.

I tried your save:

and I tried the other save where I redid everything from scratch to be sure.
So I believe something else's going on. I also installed the patch, but I recon that won't affect it unless I go talk to Ella.
If items are present for you there, at that spot, then there is another issue for me.

The skip patch works if I skip through Ella however, so that bit works, but, I want to finish the floor repair.
Since I had no issue on previous versions, and never imported arrival saves before, the only thing I found odd in arrival, was a pile of wood in Melissa's bedroom, that could not be interacted with. As it is not there. The cup of tea on the table in the first floor is gone as well, and the table was salvageable, so it could be that as well maybe.

If you can not find a solution, could you add a dialogue with Emma to move the quest successfully one notch maybe?

*edit* for now I just edited the save to give myself 2 scrap woods, and fixed one hole, with the OP fix, that allowed me to proceed normally. I'll see if it causes any issues, but I recon that will work. My suggestion would be to lower the requirements by 2 holes maybe? So whatever issue is causing it should disappear.

I played the arrival, and did absolutely everything, and found everything as well.

For the futa, I'll play until it's there, and I'll see how bad it is, I usually add games on ignore as soon as there's futa/trans, since I'm totally against it. I may do an exception for this game, since I can not understand what you meant in your previous post.

*edit edit* : I completed the floor repair and extermination quest fine. But now, Ella won't let me leave saying there's only the two of us, while I can see my party has all 3 maids in it. No option to change the party, and all the maids have been talked to. I suspect the op fix for the previous block at the gate broke this one. I have overwrote the map001 with the original one, and it proceeds, so your fix breaks the game further down the line :)
That's... incredibly odd. This is what I see when I load the save:
1687124926411.png
To the best of my knowledge, whether or not those appear is dependent on your global.rmmzsave, which I need to use in order to load your save file. It's probably due to a difference between the deployed build and the dev build, and if that's the case, it means the fix for v0.11 works as intended, so that's something.

Some things are intentionally gone in the main game compared to Arrival (the teacup being an example). Melissa cleans up a bit.

As long as you didn't give yourself 100 wood and blow completely past the threshold and break the quest sequence, adding wood like that is fine.
All the requirements have been adjusted down (more than 2, actually) to allow for more leeway in v0.10.1.

I'd explain what I meant further on the futa content, but if you don't like it, I won't spend long talking about it. The important thing to take away is that it won't be on screen unless you deliberately select a choice that displays it.

And yup, the patch does break leaving later. For posterity, new patch added to the OP.

Sounds like this version is a little buggy will come back later
Squishyderpy beat me to it (all of the floor repair bugs mentioned are due to an Arrival save being imported), but I will admit this build is a little buggier than I'd have liked it to be.
v0.10.1 is much more stable (and includes proper animations!). If you want it now, early access is already available on my and .

How do I fix this bug?
Find that file (Griselda (11).png_) in img/pictures/Amaira Estate, and move it to img/pictures, then hit retry.
The image may not erase properly. If it doesn't, I can fix it manually for you if you send me your save after the conversation ends.

Endri

Jan 2, 2018
Find that file (Griselda (11).png_) in img/pictures/Amaira Estate, and move it to img/pictures, then hit retry.
The image may not erase properly. If it doesn't, I can fix it manually for you if you send me your save after the conversation ends.
Still got image bug but atleast now I can save couldt do that before save file attach.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
That's... incredibly odd. This is what I see when I load the save:
View attachment 2706938
To the best of my knowledge, whether or not those appear is dependent on your global.rmmzsave, which I need to use in order to load your save file. It's probably due to a difference between the deployed build and the dev build, and if that's the case, it means the fix for v0.11 works as intended, so that's something.

Some things are intentionally gone in the main game compared to Arrival (the teacup being an example). Melissa cleans up a bit.

As long as you didn't give yourself 100 wood and blow completely past the threshold and break the quest sequence, adding wood like that is fine.
All the requirements have been adjusted down (more than 2, actually) to allow for more leeway in v0.10.1.

I'd explain what I meant further on the futa content, but if you don't like it, I won't spend long talking about it. The important thing to take away is that it won't be on screen unless you deliberately select a choice that displays it.

And yup, the patch does break leaving later. For posterity, new patch added to the OP.
I only gave myself like 2 woods or so to do one extra hole, and that was enough to move forward. Just in case anyone else has the same issue before the next version, that seems to be enough to solve it. I assumed it would since you saw 2 wood sources.

I have not encountered any other bug since.
But I've gotta say, the fights seems a lot harder than I remember. I had to give my maids a couple extra levels in the save, and that's still rather tight with the tower's gardians for some reason. Did you increase the combat difficulty or something?

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I have not encountered any other bug since.
But I've gotta say, the fights seems a lot harder than I remember. I had to give my maids a couple extra levels in the save, and that's still rather tight with the tower's gardians for some reason. Did you increase the combat difficulty or something?
Good to hear! Most of the bugs (aside from the image bug Endri ran into) should be strictly visual and not affect gameplay at all, though there might be a few more in the back half of the game.

And no, I actually reduced the health of a bunch of enemies to try and make combat easier. I noticed the combat tuning felt slightly off after the port, which is why I lowered enemy health. I think MZ calculates some things slightly differently, but I can't pinpoint exactly how.
I got through to the end of current content with everyone around level 14 (not counting those that start at a higher level) so I know grinding isn't strictly necessary, but I also recognize that I know the game better than I can expect players to. I might revisit some of that again depending on feedback.

3.90 star(s) 10 Votes