watschu99

Apr 22, 2018
That doesn't sound like it should be happening. Sorry for the trouble.

If you just finished the Day 1 conversation and the screen is tinted to be sunset-y, the only thing interacting with the bed ever does is start the next event. If you haven't gotten that far yet, your current objective should be to interact with the letter on the desk in the study. If you get lost, Task List in the menu will generally tell you what to do.

If none of that helps or makes any sense, I'm not sure where the error is, but I'm happy to help if you can provide either your save or more information.
I just started the game and now it has succesfully portet the save from Arrival to the Base Game. Apparently all that was needed was a save in the savegame after the transfer for it to work properly. I don't know whether that is intended or not but in summary: After transfering the save from Arrival, play that save, then save and restart and then it seems to work

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
how do i climb this tower the task list only tells me to climb it this is right after the redhaird girl offerd me to buy her
You have to come up from beneath.
There's a ledge straight north from there. If you start wandering through the paths to the right, Iris should start giving you hints on whether you're going the right way.

Here the screenshot of error it's happen when game start. I was trying to run it on joiplay.
Gotcha. Thanks for the info!

Unfortunately I don't think there's a way around that. I've tried creating an android port in the past, but without any luck. FOSSIL is a necessary part of the game's back end that makes the other plugins function, so it can't just be turned off. Doing some looking around, there might be a fix for it, but it involves making some back-end changes that effectively mean I need to make a mobile version.

Since I don't have the ability to make a mobile version at the moment, the best I can tell you is that it's something I want to do at some point in the future.

I just started the game and now it has succesfully portet the save from Arrival to the Base Game. Apparently all that was needed was a save in the savegame after the transfer for it to work properly. I don't know whether that is intended or not but in summary: After transfering the save from Arrival, play that save, then save and restart and then it seems to work
Thanks for letting me know! I'm glad you got it working.

And no, that's not intended. You should be able to progress regardless of if you've imported a save from Arrival or not. I'll have to test some things and see if I can figure out what happened there.

cainp

Jul 27, 2020
You have to come up from beneath.
There's a ledge straight north from there. If you start wandering through the paths to the right, Iris should start giving you hints on whether you're going the right way.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info!

Unfortunately I don't think there's a way around that. I've tried creating an android port in the past, but without any luck. FOSSIL is a necessary part of the game's back end that makes the other plugins function, so it can't just be turned off. Doing some looking around, there might be a fix for it, but it involves making some back-end changes that effectively mean I need to make a mobile version.

Since I don't have the ability to make a mobile version at the moment, the best I can tell you is that it's something I want to do at some point in the future.

Thanks for letting me know! I'm glad you got it working.

And no, that's not intended. You should be able to progress regardless of if you've imported a save from Arrival or not. I'll have to test some things and see if I can figure out what happened there.
i have already been to the estate trough the tunnel if thats what you mean by eris giving me hints currently she is giving me none when going trough the paths on the right 1687565052153.png
this is the current task
it also gives me the option to teleport to the tower whenever i go into the deepwilds

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
i have already been to the estate trough the tunnel if thats what you mean by eris giving me hints currently she is giving me none when going trough the paths on the right
this is the current task
it also gives me the option to teleport to the tower whenever i go into the deepwilds
You just need to go back inside the tower, it doesn't matter which way you go to get there. The door at the front of the tower won't open unless you've gone through it from inside the tower.

Unless you're saying that the fast travel option puts you in front of the tower (as opposed to in front of the tunnel) despite the door not being there - that would be a completely different issue that shouldn't occur under normal operating circumstances. I'd need your save in order to investigate and fix it if that's the case.

cainp

Jul 27, 2020
You just need to go back inside the tower, it doesn't matter which way you go to get there. The door at the front of the tower won't open unless you've gone through it from inside the tower.

Unless you're saying that the fast travel option puts you in front of the tower (as opposed to in front of the tunnel) despite the door not being there - that would be a completely different issue that shouldn't occur under normal operating circumstances. I'd need your save in order to investigate and fix it if that's the case.
i was able to figure it out but still thanks apperently you have to have already walked trough the door from the inside to have the door appear

Reactions: hreserves
Feb 25, 2018
Can anybody tell me where the last rat were because I'm playing again from the beginning and I can't find the 14 rat at the beginning of the game! I did it two times, but I couldn't find the last one, and yes, I did the arrival 100%, if that means something ! Maybe I'm being blind, but I'd appreciate the help!

Feb 25, 2018
Ok, I have gone around again, killing and counting them, and it's official: there are 13 rats I can kill, or there's one I just can't see to find, or I'm really blind IDK! It's a bug or something, or is it just my fault?

Feb 25, 2018
I gave up and just used a save editor to get +1 rat kill before I killed all I could find, and that's it. I swear, if I knew the dev, I would be almost sure he hates me... I played this game like 10 times, and 7 out of them I found a bug big or small like this one, and 4 of them I asked for help here. I guess it's just my luck with this game. Besides that, I will just continue playing now and hope I don't stumble into anything again ;-;

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I gave up and just used a save editor to get +1 rat kill before I killed all I could find, and that's it. I swear, if I knew the dev, I would be almost sure he hates me... I played this game like 10 times, and 7 out of them I found a bug big or small like this one, and 4 of them I asked for help here. I guess it's just my luck with this game. Besides that, I will just continue playing now and hope I don't stumble into anything again ;-;
I don't hate you. Honest. D:

This is just my first time making a game, and I keep experimenting with things just to see if I can do it. That occasionally results in bugs that I and my playtester/Patrons fail to catch.

This particular thing a bug I missed that comes with transferring a save from Arrival. You can still get the trophy once you get to floor repairs and free some of the rats behind the Scrap Wood (and even later at Big Dick's if you miss it), but if you were thorough in Arrival, some events remember what you did and are affected. It's fixed for v0.11, at least.

v0.10 does have other bugs, but the game-breaking ones were all patched out. Most of them are visual errors that won't affect the gameplay until you get to Griselda. There's a few posts on the last page or two that explain that and how to pre-empt it.

watschu99

Apr 22, 2018
I have a freeze in the Master Bedroom of Verdant? (the guy with everything green i forgot his name) in the sneak part after he enters the room. Jenny will block him 3 times and after both go to the left wall the second time, the game freezes.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I have a freeze in the Master Bedroom of Verdant? (the guy with everything green i forgot his name) in the sneak part after he enters the room. Jenny will block him 3 times and after both go to the left wall the second time, the game freezes.
That's a new one. Sorry for the trouble.

Does it happen at the same point every time if you try to run the sequence again? And does dialogue and/or music continue, or does the game completely lock up?

After digging through the scripting, there does appear to be some incorrect movement that theoretically could (but never has in testing and ultimately shouldn't) result in the game freezing, but it wouldn't be at exactly that point, so I'm not sure if that's what the issue is or if you're encountering something else.

Menzy

Jan 19, 2019
Apologies if this is already known but I've got a bug. After picking up Jenny and going back to the Estate, I went and watched Emily's second violation scene. After the scene was over the background still showed part of the video rather than the normal scene. Going into the menu and back out seemed to fix it. I then went and did the Deep Wilds Hold. Teleported back to the Estate and went into Emily's room which immediately loaded into the second violation scene. After a couple of lines of dialogue this came up. Totally unresponsive at this point. 1687693476926.png
I've attached my most recent manual and autosaves in case they're of use, extension changed for uploading. WIN version.

watschu99

Apr 22, 2018
Does it happen at the same point every time if you try to run the sequence again? And does dialogue and/or music continue, or does the game completely lock up?
There is no dialogue in that moment, and the music continues but nothing else does. And I tried reloading the Autosave, to no effect. I will try the save from before the quest this or tomorrow evening

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Apologies if this is already known but I've got a bug. After picking up Jenny and going back to the Estate, I went and watched Emily's second violation scene. After the scene was over the background still showed part of the video rather than the normal scene. Going into the menu and back out seemed to fix it. I then went and did the Deep Wilds Hold. Teleported back to the Estate and went into Emily's room which immediately loaded into the second violation scene. After a couple of lines of dialogue this came up. Totally unresponsive at this point.
I've attached my most recent manual and autosaves in case they're of use, extension changed for uploading. WIN version.
Sorry for the trouble! This is another new one.

I did find an incorrect plugin command (fixed for v0.11), though I'm not sure exactly how the error came up or why the video continues to play. The incorrect command was a duplicated stop command (meaning the video should stop twice instead of not at all), so the 'cannot set property' error was likely caused by that, but that doesn't explain the video continuing.

After trying to recreate it, it seems inconsistent as well. The first time I got the error in your screenshot, the second time I didn't get the error (but the video kept playing), and the third time it behaved the way it was supposed to.

Either way, if running it repeatedly doesn't get you past the error, I've attached a save that's immediately after the scene concludes. And thanks for being so detailed, it made investigating this much easier than it otherwise would've been.

There is no dialogue in that moment, and the music continues but nothing else does. And I tried reloading the Autosave, to no effect. I will try the save from before the quest this or tomorrow evening
Gotcha. It does sound like a movement path is having trouble completing and locking up the event, then.
Still baffles me that it's gone so long without being caught; the movement scripting in that event hasn't changed since it was built back in v0.4 or so, and the issue you're running into is the first it's happened as far as I know.

Either way, if it continues to lock up for you, I should be able to fix the save manually for you.

Menzy

Jan 19, 2019
Sorry for the trouble! This is another new one.

I did find an incorrect plugin command (fixed for v0.11), though I'm not sure exactly how the error came up or why the video continues to play. The incorrect command was a duplicated stop command (meaning the video should stop twice instead of not at all), so the 'cannot set property' error was likely caused by that, but that doesn't explain the video continuing.

After trying to recreate it, it seems inconsistent as well. The first time I got the error in your screenshot, the second time I didn't get the error (but the video kept playing), and the third time it behaved the way it was supposed to.

Either way, if running it repeatedly doesn't get you past the error, I've attached a save that's immediately after the scene concludes. And thanks for being so detailed, it made investigating this much easier than it otherwise would've been.
I went back after a break and, like you, was able to progress through with the autosave just fine but thank you for taking the time to make a fixed save! And yeah I program for a living too so I know the pain of unspecific and vague bug descriptions.

Cheers dev, keep up the good work!

Reactions: hreserves

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
find, but i can't find them guys pls help
The short answer is - that isn't Aimadh.

The long answer - location names are shown in the upper left corner whenever you enter a map, and there are also region maps that include location names to reference in Estate Info > Locations in the menu (that region is the North Forest). You'll need to scroll the text to see the whole map.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Feb 25, 2018
Can someone tell me if the silver ruggbeater (I think that's the name) that you used to find in the Uncle State was removed ? I couldn't see to find it, so I looked everywhere and got everything else I normally get there besides it! And from what I remember, it was the best weapon there!

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Can someone tell me if the silver ruggbeater (I think that's the name) that you used to find in the Uncle State was removed ? I couldn't see to find it, so I looked everywhere and got everything else I normally get there besides it! And from what I remember, it was the best weapon there!
Some weapons got renamed, so what was the Silver Rug Beater is now the Modern Rug Beater.

As for whether it was removed - I couldn't find it when I checked the eventing, so I'm going to say yes. And if I didn't remove it and I'm missing where it is, I really should. It's a tier 3 weapon, and you shouldn't be finding those until near the end of Act 1 (and even then, very few of them).

Feb 25, 2018
Some weapons got renamed, so what was the Silver Rug Beater is now the Modern Rug Beater.

As for whether it was removed - I couldn't find it when I checked the eventing, so I'm going to say yes. And if I didn't remove it and I'm missing where it is, I really should. It's a tier 3 weapon, and you shouldn't be finding those until near the end of Act 1 (and even then, very few of them).
;-; SAD ;-; it was the best item in uncle's state and a reward for the crazy and completionists who looked and did absolutely everything! At least It's good to know, so I can stop looking for it because it doesn't exist anymore ;-;

3.90 star(s) 10 Votes