dumbo10

Jul 15, 2020
I did include a bit more about this as part of the "end of version message" that you might not have seen that explains some of the meta-narrative that's since been removed. I haven't quite gotten to this section in the remaster process, but if it's this easy to miss some of those details, it could probably use the attention. There's a lot of nuance and subtlety happening pretty much constantly, I fully believe I didn't bring it forward enough in this section.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hopefully that provides answers to any lingering questions.

This is what I'm really interested in, though. I'm usually pretty good about providing at least a minimum contrivance for story things to happen the way they do, so if you can think of any plot holes, I'm very curious as to what they are.

I'm glad you like the game overall, though!
yoho
thanks for the comprehensive reply
but first of all im anti kinkshaming, i gobbled most kink, from vanilla to the most sickening depraved one. i dont judge others fetish choice

i dont mind the white haired queen one because as simple as she is woman
i dont mind lesbianism in my LI or maybe she play with her, kinda torture her, and i have a feeling that the white queen will be my LI/side and she indeed become one, thats a win if i got 3some
and if the same scenario happened with other kings before i felt like everything is under my control and choice
but with the mad scientist its totally different, he's a dude, he's looking good than the rest of kings that the master ask for help and his portrait is the typical womanizer character

oh i remember that melissa said he did nothing to her, just experimenting with her
thats the last point when i decide to stop playing because idk, my conscience just refuse to believe her

and i dont mind if you arent into ntr, or this game will never have it, or this game have no tag of it, its your choice
but again with the decision of letting melissa go with another dude, in his own castle, i didnt defend her enough, you get yourself captive and everything prior to that is so suspicious like the city ruled by the scientist mostly have woman citizen that all of em are slutty, its leaning to ntr-ey. its like im cuckolding her because i didnt try hard enough to prevent her go with that scientist

so even now after weeks of not playing the game i just still cant believe that scientist dude didnt do anything sexual to her because there just no strong proof for it other than her words, this game has no ntr tag, or something like your promises that no ntr will happen
and i just felt i didnt defend her enough and kinda just let her go, i didnt feel like i had option, i just couldnt accept that.
If im in mc shoes i wouldve rather challenge that suspicious mad scientist in the beginning, by getting proof from previous city that hes a freak scientist rather than letting melissa go with her
and even if i set to be defeated because hes op i think i can accept it better because at least i try
even if the mc situation is he's seeking for help from other kings i rather refuse his help if that means im going to share
at least thats what my vanila-side think

its ok, the problem maybe on me, mt personal view of it
but i kinda feel like there are also players out there, the typical alpha-minded one who hate to share their LI also think the same way like me, especially the pure vanilla boys, the one who rather fight, defeated or even face game over than letting her loved one touched by someone else

I just hope there is a scene to proof theres really nothing sexual happen, scene like something halt the experiment, something stop him from getting sexual to her, something like the scientist let his female assistants takeover the experiments while he do something else, or any other scenarios to prove that scientiest didnt lay a single hand on melissa or anything that make us believe he wont
or if she went by force i personally want that option to defend her enough, even if that means i need to challenged him and got defeated

again its just personal view
i mean if you want to be full vanilla its better not to enter that gate of cuckolding and kinda make it vague
but if you want to enter it, let it become full blown shot, go all the way

forget about the loopholes i mentioned
this is fantasy game and its not about realism
the loopholes popped out because my logic came to play and questioning logic in fantasy game is pointless otherwise noone can enjoy it
and like i said i can roll with most of it but not this one

i still cant continue the game because of those reason above
still, good luck with the development
would be nice if there is mobile version.

Last edited:

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
yoho
thanks for the comprehensive reply
but first of all im anti kinkshaming, i gobbled most kink, from vanilla to the most sickening depraved one. i dont judge others fetish choice
You're welcome! I love what I do and I really like talking about my work, so I take every opportunity I get.
And I have no intention of kinkshaming either, I just know this particular topic can go off the rails fairly quickly, so I wanted to be as clear as possible.

forget about the loopholes i mentioned
this is fantasy game and its not about realism
the loopholes popped out because my logic came to play and questioning logic in fantasy game is pointless otherwise noone can enjoy it
That's a valid point, but I put a lot of work into my fiction. Maybe the logic isn't always the easiest to follow, but everything does follow rules and has limits.
If there's some aspect of that, either from a world-building or story-telling perspective, it's something I want to address.

still, good luck with the development
Thanks!

would be nice if there is mobile version.
The new engine makes this more possible, but I haven't had the time to even start to test it. If nothing else, emulation through something like JoiPlay should work much better with the remaster. I've heard of some people getting it to work and others it doesn't even launch for.
I can't say if/when an official mobile version will come out, though. It unfortunately not as easy as checking the box that says "create mobile deployment."

dumbo10

Jul 15, 2020
So setting aside that he is suspicious and he does put up a fight, what specifically are you suggesting as a possible solution?
More dialogue, where he complains more?
A player choice, which would give you the option to complain more?
You keep mentioning a "scene to prove nothing happened" - what scene would that be?
What exactly is "enough?"
Keep in mind he's not in a position to just refuse and leave (you'd effectively be choosing immediate game over if it was made available as an option), and Baleflight has no female assistants (or any assistants, really, it's just him and a bunch of "undead").
And to address things in plain language again - Baleflight literally never makes physical contact with Melissa
If you ask me how I will reshape the story, the my way, here's how
But again it's your game, your story, take my opinion with grain of salt

I'm gon keep it short
Nah, not prolong the complain
Prolong the story of the city
Make mc found proof of baleflight dirty works
Even within short timeframe like a single day
That way mc can go offensive and confront and fight baleflight rightaway and get more proof of all his dirty works after he die
That way mc don't have to let Melissa go and let her become labrat or the possibility of the scientist touch her
World at peace, no forced cuckolding gonna be, all vanilla boys shall be at ease
If baleflight too op first (and ofc he got more resource) and end up taking captive Melissa at least I put up a good fight
If comes decision between let my lover getting touch by some mad scientist vs fight, defend her but it means game over the vanilla side of me will pick game over any day
Either I die with Melissa or I die without knowing her shared
Again that's the vanilla side of me talking

And talk about the scene
Well I guess theres plenty of way how you can thread it but the core message is he's going to touch her (sexually) but then something halt him
And what halt him? I guess plenty
Example like mc manage to sneak out and kill his strongest minions or ruin his works so he need to do something about it and that halt him from getting sexual with her when he almost do
Scenario like Melissa try to fightback also possible but since baleflight seems to be stronger it's less logical but still possible
Then come some conversation between Melissa and baleflight to point out he did nothing sexually with her will be a better remedy rather having melissa the only one to tell mc post event
And it probably after or during the process of whatever experiment baleflight doing if having Melissa experimented is a must like if it's a future plot for her

Actually this game does the offensive vs chillax option before
I recalled in griselda castle mc got option to go offensive or wait for next morning
I went offensive since I like the battle
I hope I can go offensive with baleflight
The master indeed need help for rebuilding but if that means I let my closest maid who also like a lover go with him, even the setup was to checkout the castle, I personally would say f it, I would challenge him and if game over then so be it
Like the situation with me now who don't get the feel to continue the game

However you shape it, just enjoy it
Tis is all just my opinion
Gl

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018

However you shape it, just enjoy it
Tis is all just my opinion
I do enjoy it. The game wouldn't be getting made if I didn't, just like I wouldn't have asked for your opinion if I didn't think there was some value in it.

Though I think it's fairly obvious at this point that you won't be changing your mind, at least not based on what I have to say.
I will be making some changes, but I can't say if they'll fit what you want to see, so I'll leave it at that. You'll have to play the remaster when it comes out to see for yourself if the new version is what you want.
I do genuinely appreciate the feedback, though.
If nothing else now I know for sure the threat of NTR that never happens got at least one person good and spooked, which was the meta-joke of the section. I'll count that as a win.

Jul 28, 2017
Question about maids&masters, maids&masters:arrival and maid&re:masters.
Are the games in sequence or? if so, which sequence should it be played in?

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Question about maids&masters, maids&masters:arrival and maid&re:masters.
Are the games in sequence or? if so, which sequence should it be played in?
Maids & Masters: Arrival is a prequel, roughly an hour long. If you want to get the whole story (and a couple extra bonuses) start with this. Once v0.10 releases (it should be going to Patrons in about 2 weeks), you'll be able to port your save over to the main game.
As a word of caution, there is a tech demo that exists with the same title. The links in my signature and in the OP both go to the actual prequel here, but my itch page has both.

Maids & Masters is the main game. v0.9.2 is in VX Ace and contains Act 1 and an interlude to wrap things up, go through the holidays, and set up Act 2. v0.10 onwards will be in MZ, meaning existing saves from v0.9.2 and earlier won't carry forward, but will still contain Act 1 and the interlude.

Maids & Re-Masters and Maids & Re-Masters MZ are April Fool's Day gags. Only the 2023 version is on F95, but if you want the 2022 version, it's still up on my itch page.

GodHasAbandonedMe

Nov 25, 2022
Maids & Masters: Arrival is a prequel, roughly an hour long. If you want to get the whole story (and a couple extra bonuses) start with this. Once v0.10 releases (it should be going to Patrons in about 2 weeks), you'll be able to port your save over to the main game.
As a word of caution, there is a tech demo that exists with the same title. The links in my signature and in the OP both go to the actual prequel here, but my itch page has both.

Maids & Masters is the main game. v0.9.2 is in VX Ace and contains Act 1 and an interlude to wrap things up, go through the holidays, and set up Act 2. v0.10 onwards will be in MZ, meaning existing saves from v0.9.2 and earlier won't carry forward, but will still contain Act 1 and the interlude.

Maids & Re-Masters and Maids & Re-Masters MZ are April Fool's Day gags. Only the 2023 version is on F95, but if you want the 2022 version, it's still up on my itch page.
Been eyeing this game for awhile debating on giving it a whirl and im 100% going to after seeing how open you are and how your communicating everything, really fucking refreshing to see, good shit

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Been eyeing this game for awhile debating on giving it a whirl and im 100% going to after seeing how open you are and how your communicating everything, really fucking refreshing to see, good shit
God may have abandoned you, but I haven't.

In all seriousness, I really like feedback, and I really like talking about my work. Even if I don't always agree with what gets said, I genuinely enjoy the conversation, and sometimes it leads to being able to improve my work as an added bonus. Here's hoping you like the game.

Reactions: yummycandy

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
this is gonna be really dumb and it's prolly either self evident or answered, but how do you add more maids to your party after you get them? Is there a menu option, or is it story locked?
I got Ella, but she's the only one in my party right now...

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I just finished replying to you on itch, but to answer you here as well:

Ella should only be the only Maid in your party during the first part of floor repairs. After you complete the first part, you go to Phoebe and she and Melissa are added back into your party. If you got past floor repairs and still only have Ella, I have to ask if you've modified your save to add extra Scrap Wood to your inventory, as that's the only cause for that I've been able to pinpoint. Doing so breaks the sequence and skips the part where your other Maids are added back in.
If that's not the case, I'd appreciate additional information so I can try to figure out what happened that let you get past that sequence without needing to go to Phoebe and getting the other two back.

The issue with taking the road north to leave for Lothario's may be related, as the transfer there is checking for whether or not Phoebe is in your party. Unless you can get to the road but can't leave north from it - that's checking if Extermination is done (which you do from Melissa back at your Estate). Though Melissa shouldn't be giving you directions to Lothario if you haven't completed Extermination yet.

And to provide an alternate answer to your first question, I can add them back to your party manually using the dev build if I have your save, but there isn't a bugfix feature or anything like that to add Maids to your party.

omek9a7ba

Feb 8, 2020
HEY Any progress with mouse support, this game looks good and i really want to play it , its been 8 mounths since last time i checked is it here yet ?

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
HEY Any progress with mouse support, this game looks good and i really want to play it , its been 8 mounths since last time i checked is it here yet ?
Sorta. It's out, but it's not on F95 yet.
v0.10 is in early access and available on and . It's the first update of the remaster, which adds some new content and ports the game over to MZ, which has native mouse support.
v0.10 will be coming here once v0.10.1 releases to early access, which I don't currently have an estimate on.

If you're interested, there's a short prequel here (that you can carry your save forward from into the main game starting with v0.10) that's already in the new engine.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
First time playing it wont let me trade the fangs any help on this
I know one person had a similar issue with number entry when making a trade. If that's where you're running into a problem and you're only able to enter 0, you have to use the arrow keys to adjust the number, then push enter to acknowledge the number (so if it reads "00" highlight the second digit and push up to make it "01" to trade 1 fang).

If you're having a different issue, let me know the specifics and I'd be happy to help further.

Kirjack

Feb 8, 2020
Can someone tell what to do in the Second Freeze? i literally can't find a way to progress, talked and spent time with everyone, but no clue how to proress

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Can someone tell what to do in the Second Freeze? i literally can't find a way to progress, talked and spent time with everyone, but no clue how to proress
Without more specific info, the best I can tell you is that you're most likely still missing someone. If you have spent time with everyone, you'll get a notification and a choice (as long as no one is with you) in the main room of the ground floor to end the Freeze.

Though it's also worth pointing out that v0.9.2 ends with the second Freeze. There is a "post-game" in that some time-warp options open up so you can revisit seasons, look for trophies, and play around with the shop system, but that's where the main story ends.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
MaidsAndMasters-0.10
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Phegor

Mar 21, 2017
Great, I was waiting for the MZ port. I have played it a bit but gave up after returning from the first village because the engine felt very dated. Will give this a second try.

Reactions: hreserves
3.90 star(s) 10 Votes