Nimezido

May 21, 2023
does anyone have a save for the last version please? I don't want to go through everything all over again on a new device
Ah and can it be mediafire or mega? i cant open f95zonefiles in my country...thanks

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
This game is amazing, but having to start all over again is a little sad
I'm glad you like it!
I did look into finding a way to bring old saves into the new engine, but everything I found pointed toward it just not being possible.

So I did my best to make playing through it again worth your time. Everything in the main story has been re-touched a little, some scenes have been totally rewritten, there's new content in a few places, all the scenes are animated, some scenes have also been completely re-written, a handful have been re-rendered, and there's all sorts of new features that wouldn't be possible without the new engine.

Reactions: Thayron

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Is there a guide or walk-through for the new version
Sorta.

There used to be a simple spoiler-free guide in the README, but all of that information has been moved into the Task List so it's accessible in-game and clearer as to what step actually comes next. If you need more specific help, there are a handful of posts throughout this thread that explain how to do various things. I'm also happy to answer questions or discuss comments.

Thayron

May 2, 2017
Okay I need help I don't know where to find the Elder Ring. I did this quest in the other version but I don't remember anything and I need help to know where to find this ring.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Okay I need help I don't know where to find the Elder Ring. I did this quest in the other version but I don't remember anything and I need help to know where to find this ring.
Okay so there's this giant golden tree off in the distance, right? You need to get in there, but you can't just go straight to it because it's on the other side of a bay, and you need smaller pieces of the ring first, so you have to go around the bay through this castle...

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. >.> For real this time:

It's in his family's old room in Fekhacht, on the right side rather than going left to climb the tower. You need to clear Viridius' Holds first for the tower to open.

• Love

Thayron

May 2, 2017
Thank you I managed to find the ring. Oh and I found a bug in the mansion that recruits Quinn when we look at the magazine with the photos of the maids they don't appear.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Thank you I managed to find the ring. Oh and I found a bug in the mansion that recruits Quinn when we look at the magazine with the photos of the maids they don't appear.
You're welcome! Glad to hear.
About finding the ring, anyway. Not so much about the images not appearing. That's fixed in v0.11, though.

Is Greg again, Any clown sex yet?
I wish I could tell you yes, but she's built like a Barbie down there. Nothing to do sex to.
She also kinda exists in a pseudo-superposition of semi-non-existence. Haven't quite figured out how to make her tangible yet.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Having the same issue as this hreserves
I actually just made a patch for this. You may need to revert to an earlier save rather than loading the auto-save after applying it, though. It might also break movement a little, but the event will continue as normal.

, extract into the main folder and overwrite when you're prompted.

Thanks for providing the save, though! That made investigating the issue and testing fixes way easier, so it'll be properly fixed and working as intended for v0.12 instead of half-fixed like it apparently has been.

If for some reason the patch doesn't work, just let me know and I'll get you an autosave that's right on the other side of the movement.

Thayron

May 2, 2017
I can't see the image of the girl in the apron on Lalita's estate, I tried this patch but I don't think it's a patch that solves this problem. I think I'll have to wait for the next update because I know that if I continue with the story now, this scene will be lost.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
@hreserves

I would like to suggest some. Ideas " Maids & Masters"
Thanks for the suggestions! I've added them to my notes, though suggestions like this are a part of my Patreon tiers as a bonus, so I can't say if or when these will be added.

I can't see the image of the girl in the apron on Lalita's estate, I tried this patch but I don't think it's a patch that solves this problem. I think I'll have to wait for the next update because I know that if I continue with the story now, this scene will be lost.
So, the patch puts the images where they're supposed to be, but v0.10.1 goes looking for them in an incorrect location. If you move them out of the folder they're sent to and into the main img/pictures folder, they should appear correctly. Someone else encountered the exact same issue a couple pages back, and moving the images worked for them.

pippo67

Oct 17, 2018
Hi allo,nice game, I have task 12 reach the west forest, but I don't find the west forest, where is it?

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Hi allo,nice game, I have task 12 reach the west forest, but I don't find the west forest, where is it?
I'm glad you're enjoying it!
The west forest is to the west of the south forest.
In the same region your Estate is in, you'll see a large tree on the left side of the screen. That's where the entrance is.
There's a map in the South Forest entry under Locations in Estate Info as well, if you need it. That'll have it labeled.

John Cinema

Sep 17, 2017
Found both the Clown Nose and the Trophy Codex in Arrival.

But when I load the save into the main game, the Trophy Codex disappears, and interacting with the bookshelf that originally had the Codex doesn't unlock it again.

Is there a different way to unlock the Codex in the main game, or is it just a bug?

UPDATE: I played through Arrival again, but picked up the Clown Nose first this time. Now both trophies appear fine when I load the save into the main game.

Last edited:

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Found both the Clown Nose and the Trophy Codex in Arrival.

But when I load the save into the main game, the Trophy Codex disappears, and interacting with the bookshelf that originally had the Codex doesn't unlock it again.

Is there a different way to unlock the Codex in the main game, or is it just a bug?
Sorry for the trouble! Sounds like a bug. The Trophy Codex carried over fine when I tested it, and the bonus event that runs doesn't remove any items, it just resets the Estate Info so entry changes apply correctly.
It also looks like every other version of that bookcase is built to check whether you have the Trophy Codex rather than operate on a self switch. It's just that first one that relies on a self switch so you can't grab it if you're missing it. Updated that first one so it behaves more like the others for v0.13.

Normally I'd ask you to help me troubleshoot, but all of those things are close enough to the start of each game that I can investigate on my own time. Instead, attached is a patch. Remove the .txt from the end so it's just Map010.json, drop it into the data folder, and overwrite when you're prompted (if you're not prompted, it's either in the wrong folder or still has the wrong extension) to apply it. Once it's applied, you should be able to interact with that bookcase and get the codex again.

John Cinema

Sep 17, 2017
Thanks for the quick reply.

Played through Arrival once again trying to find what caused the Codex to disappear.

Turns out the Codex is a consumable item in Arrival. Using it in the Inventory consumes it.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Thanks for the quick reply.

Played through Arrival once again trying to find what caused the Codex to disappear.

Turns out the Codex is a consumable item in Arrival. Using it in the Inventory consumes it.
Ah. That's not great. Thanks for letting me know!

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes