CdrWolfe

Oct 7, 2023
Your read on the clue is correct, the puzzle just has a lot of steps that need to be followed exactly, and it resets completely if you miss anything.
The "[...]" notation is quotation syntax for omitted words. I originally wasn't going to use it at all, but then the "short" notated version of the clues was almost as long as the original story, and re-checking 8 text boxes for one line of text was a huge pain in playtesting. Using the notation and making it only 2 text boxes felt like the lesser evil. That's why the semi-colons are there. If you know of a better way to notate it without causing the same level of confusion, I am, as always, open to suggestions.
I have to say I still can't figure out this one. Nobody should spend more than one hour to solve a n! puzzle.
I don't even get a "nuts!" if I'm selecting the wrong button. I have no idea if I'm starting right or not. Your post seems to indicate that there are 8 responses but I see only 7 '[...]'. If this is all about West/East/South, mentioning North can confusing. Do you have any other other clues on how to solve it? Is that really a 8 digit code? Would touching anything else (painting, guard, leaving the room) reset the puzzle?

If you want to use'[...]', it should be using a pattern easy to decipher, with less wording. Can you provide the sequence using the spoiler tag?

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I have to say I still can't figure out this one. Nobody should spend more than one hour to solve a n! puzzle.
I don't even get a "nuts!" if I'm selecting the wrong button. I have no idea if I'm starting right or not. Your post seems to indicate that there are 8 responses but I see only 7 '[...]'. If this is all about West/East/South, mentioning North can confusing. Do you have any other other clues on how to solve it? Is that really a 8 digit code? Would touching anything else (painting, guard, leaving the room) reset the puzzle?

If you want to use'[...]', it should be using a pattern easy to decipher, with less wording. Can you provide the sequence using the spoiler tag?
I can't remember the whole sequence off the top of my head, but I think the sticking point for most people is how the "moves" are meant to be read. For instance, the "[...]" isn't the important part, it only denotes that words from the story are being skipped.

Each move is broken down into two parts. One part tells you which pedestal to push a button on (the "continent") and the other part tells you which button to push. For example, if I remember right, the first step is "west of west" which means you'd need the left side of the left hand pedestal. "North of east" (or "east's north" since the directions do that, too) would be the top button of the right hand pedestal.
The moves never repeat, so each correct answer should leave that button depressed (if it doesn't, that's a bug). If you get a wrong answer somewhere in the sequence, they all pop back up. And only getting "nuts" once was so you wouldn't get bothered with a text box every time you made a mistake while figuring out how the puzzle works.

CdrWolfe

Oct 7, 2023
This is a minor cosmetic bug. The description of the task should be scrollable or use a smaller font size. For example, I can't read the last task for "Second of her name", which I guess is Return Home. It's half-hidden

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
This is a minor cosmetic bug. The description of the task should be scrollable or use a smaller font size. For example, I can't read the last task for "Second of her name", which I guess is Return Home. It's half-hidden
While I agree with you 100%, that's sadly not within my ability to make happen. I can only barely read Javascript, and can't really program with it, so the plugins I have to use as-is.

I've tried to make sure that "cut-off" doesn't happen by hiding old objectives until the quest is complete, but I guess I need to take another look at that one. Thanks for letting me know!

Ghost2025

Oct 20, 2023
Why is the game play so broke in this game?

Battles after you make the deal get impossibly hard

Quest are totally broken. After failing to get the second hold it says find shadow maid with no clues at all! She is not in that hold so she could be anywhere! Stupid.

So the only way to win battles I finally used cheat editor and added 100 to everyone's attack and defense now battles are survivable.

Ghost2025

Oct 20, 2023
She's very sneaky.

Look in places you haven't been yet (in the swamps - she doesn't leave the area).
Or, if you've found the hexagram, go there.
NO SHE IS NOT! I RAN AROUND THE ENTIRE SWAP OUTSIDE FOUND A STUPID CAT BUT NO SHADOW MAID! SHE DON'T EXIST IN THEM SWAMPS! I ran around until it did not even give me a message about poison anymore SHE DOES NOT EXIST!

CdrWolfe

Oct 7, 2023
What's the deal with the maid with no name who has been saved from the attic and now waiting on the docks near Adhauga?

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
What's the deal with the maid with no name who has been saved from the attic and now waiting on the docks near Adhauga?
She has a name, she just hasn't told you it. =P

She has a role to play later in the story (probably in another 5 or 6 story updates). Freeing her early is basically just a bonus and she lives life in Adhauga.
For anyone who doesn't save her early, there'll be another chance or two before it's too late.

CdrWolfe

Oct 7, 2023
I remember seeing someone wainting in the wild, and ready to blow up the ruined estate. What is needed to make him appear or how can I destroy that headstone?

CdrWolfe

Oct 7, 2023
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but I can see 2 Alice during the freeze. One is still following Master. The second is playing snow angel. The 2nd Alice will disappear once it's time to go.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I remember seeing someone wainting in the wild, and ready to blow up the ruined estate. What is needed to make him appear or how can I destroy that headstone?
I'm not totally sure who you mean.
I think you're referring to the Nithercott Estate, the one north of Viridius in the same region. If that's the case, the only NPC waiting there to destroy the Estate is Punchinella, and she doesn't appear unless you turn her on using the trophy that you can now only get if you find it in Arrival and import the save to the main game.

If I'm wrong, I need a bit more info before I can give an answer. There are a handful of Estate ruins, and I can't think of any other instances of someone wanting to blow them up.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but I can see 2 Alice during the freeze. One is still following Master. The second is playing snow angel. The 2nd Alice will disappear once it's time to go.
Yup, it's been mentioned, and it's fixed for v0.13.

CdrWolfe

Oct 7, 2023
If that's the case, the only NPC waiting there to destroy the Estate is Punchinella, and she doesn't appear unless you turn her on using the trophy that you can now only get if you find it in Arrival and import the save to the main game.
That's the one in the North forest. Can you elaborate about trophy and Arrival? Are you talking about editing the saved game? Would that be the maid if she does not get freed from Amaira, maybe?

I also saw a test case where I could not complete Beverly's #1 challenge. Bianca told me how to beat him and said she will be with me. Back in the central courtyard, Beverly was no where to be found. There was only a maid to make out. That's the only way to bring back Beverly. I could restart the challenge and lose again, and again. Bianca never showed up. It looks like this flag allowing Bianca to appear never got set in the catacombs, most likely because another test failed. I think it could be because I tried to solve Beverly's quest before working on Amaira's main quest.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
That's the one in the North forest. Can you elaborate about trophy and Arrival? Are you talking about editing the saved game? Would that be the maid if she does not get freed from Amaira, maybe?
Punchinella is a debug feature I use to help me test the game. I'm too lazy to remove her completely after I finish testing (and sometimes keeping her around is handy) so I made a trophy that lets regular players see and use her. The trophy was obtainable in the VX Ace version of the main game (v0.9.2 and earlier) but starting with the MZ version (v0.10 and newer) you can only get the trophy during the prequel, Arrival, by obtaining it within the prequel and importing a save from the prequel to the main game by following the instructions in the README.
It's got nothing to do with editing saves or the girl you can rescue from Griselda's attic.

I also saw a test case where I could not complete Beverly's #1 challenge. Bianca told me how to beat him and said she will be with me. Back in the central courtyard, Beverly was no where to be found. There was only a maid to make out. That's the only way to bring back Beverly. I could restart the challenge and lose again, and again. Bianca never showed up. It looks like this flag allowing Bianca to appear never got set in the catacombs, most likely because another test failed. I think it could be because I tried to solve Beverly's quest before working on Amaira's main quest.
It sounds to me like you're only talking to Bianca in the guest house. She also appears in one of the dungeon rooms and tells you to talk to her there. It's not affected at all by how many times you lose to Beverly, the challenge just needs to be active. If she says anything besides "What inane game does he have you playing?" you're either talking to her in the wrong place or you're on the wrong step (and if you're on the wrong step but in the right place, Bianca will tell you what to do).
Though progression through the main quest does play a part. If she's not appearing in the catacombs at all, just progress until she teaches you how to teleport back. Then you can complete all of Beverly's challenges (unless I'm forgetting something).
And if it helps at all, Beverly's trophy isn't one you get locked out of (at least not until much, much later, but that's technically spoilers; that lock isn't in the game yet). You can complete the whole story segment and come back later on if you feel like it.

CdrWolfe

Oct 7, 2023
you're either talking to her in the wrong place or you're on the wrong step (and if you're on the wrong step but in the right place, Bianca will tell you what to do).
I was talking to her in the catacombs, asking for help. There is the sex scene and she said she will be there but she was not.
Just to be clear, I accept BV's challenge. BV disappears. I can ask the neaby maid. Sex scene. BV comes back. I lose. I can restart the challenge with BV, go to the catacombs and ask Bianca for help, tada with a sex scene, come back in the garden. BV and Bianca are not visible. I can just see the maid, tada the maid, and lose again. I restart the challenge, see Bianca in the catacombs, ask for help about BV, tada, comes back in the courtyard. Only the maid is here, tada, lose again, restart the challenge, go see Bianca, tada,... I could not reproduce it after reloading a previous save.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
How can we do this on the phone?
Unfortunately I can't currently support an official mobile version. I would love to, but where the Windows and Mac versions I can just deploy and wait for the files to encode, the mobile version I'd need to program an entirely independent app from scratch for before I can encode the game files into it, and I don't have the knowledge to do that.

For the actual error, FOSSIL is a plugin that helps a bunch of the other plugins function, and it's very picky about how it runs. There may be a setting somewhere to get the emulator (whether you're using JoiPlay or something else) to run it, but I'm not terribly familiar with that, either. The best I can recommend is trying to google a fix.

I was talking to her in the catacombs, asking for help. There is the sex scene and she said she will be there but she was not.
Just to be clear, I accept BV's challenge. BV disappears. I can ask the neaby maid. Sex scene. BV comes back. I lose. I can restart the challenge with BV, go to the catacombs and ask Bianca for help, tada with a sex scene, come back in the garden. BV and Bianca are not visible. I can just see the maid, tada the maid, and lose again. I restart the challenge, see Bianca in the catacombs, ask for help about BV, tada, comes back in the courtyard. Only the maid is here, tada, lose again, restart the challenge, go see Bianca, tada,... I could not reproduce it after reloading a previous save.
Bianca wouldn't be visible until after to talk to Beverly again, but unless you're selecting "Table Service" instead of "Beverly Challenge" it sounds like you're taking the correct steps. I opened up the code to check some things and make sure it was all there, and it is, so the issue isn't with how the event is scripted (not saying it's 100% user error, though - there could be some other weirdness happening outside both of our control). Mechanically speaking, it sounds like it's not triggering as scripted.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Jakka01
3.90 star(s) 10 Votes