Eldt

Jan 13, 2019
Ended up buying the game on itch.io as I've already played several hours of the game and that fully justified the purchase for me. I still had the bugged save and tried it out on the official version .13 build. I can definitely say the nullParam issue was with the old uploaded .13 copy of the game. For anyone still using the old .13 version I would advise caution and switching to something official as it's pretty clear that the official .13 and the old uploaded .13 are different versions of the game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: hreserves

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
any idea about Dance moves in Farquhar Hold F1?

Begin on 1. step to 2, then 3. Bring your feet together. Repeat these steps backwards to 4 and 1
This is really hard to give hints for without just giving away the answer, so I'll hide that in a spoiler, but I'll openly say that you never need to go backwards. It might help to think of the moves in terms of each foot, with the player sprite being a single foot (if that makes any kind of sense).
The answer for the "bring your feet together" bit is that you have to step on the same panel twice. Since you can't control your feet individually, you have to step off the panel, then back onto it.

How do i get this grandma to sign the paper to get the folk village away from Reed?
is it glitched?
It wasn't glitched the last time I tested it.
Looking at the scripting, she only doesn't give you her signature if you're either not to the point of collecting signatures yet or if you already have the related trophy. Or, obviously, if you already got it. She uses the same conditional structure as every other signature you need, so if you're able to get others, you can get hers.
It does get a little weirder if you've already beaten the segment and you're trying to backtrack to get the trophy. If that's the case, talking to Caitlainn first sets your progress to where it's supposed to be if it's too low to gather signatures. She also generally tells you what part of getting the trophy you're on.

Help @@ im play on joiplay
I wish I could. I unfortunately don't have the knowledge or skills necessary to support a mobile build. All I can tell you is that FOSSIL doesn't like to work in emulated environments.
The best I can tell you is to google something like "rpg maker mz fossil joiplay" and try the solutions that come up.

Reactions: ArtKing22

ArtKing22

Jun 16, 2017
This is really hard to give hints for without just giving away the answer, so I'll hide that in a spoiler, but I'll openly say that you never need to go backwards. It might help to think of the moves in terms of each foot, with the player sprite being a single foot (if that makes any kind of sense).
The answer for the "bring your feet together" bit is that you have to step on the same panel twice. Since you can't control your feet individually, you have to step off the panel, then back onto it.

It wasn't glitched the last time I tested it.
Looking at the scripting, she only doesn't give you her signature if you're either not to the point of collecting signatures yet or if you already have the related trophy. Or, obviously, if you already got it. She uses the same conditional structure as every other signature you need, so if you're able to get others, you can get hers.
It does get a little weirder if you've already beaten the segment and you're trying to backtrack to get the trophy. If that's the case, talking to Caitlainn first sets your progress to where it's supposed to be if it's too low to gather signatures. She also generally tells you what part of getting the trophy you're on.

I wish I could. I unfortunately don't have the knowledge or skills necessary to support a mobile build. All I can tell you is that FOSSIL doesn't like to work in emulated environments.
The best I can tell you is to google something like "rpg maker mz fossil joiplay" and try the solutions that come up.
i don't know what to tell you to be honest...
i started collecting signitures from the village and then when i went to the room in the second floor and talked to the girl there to get her signiture she said that she won't sign unless i go to her grandma in the abandoned village.

when i went there this is what i got...

but i think the problem is that before i started Farquhar quest i happend to talk to the grandma when i was investigating.

welp... i guess in the end ,Curiosity did kill the cat.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
i don't know what to tell you to be honest...
i started collecting signitures from the village and then when i went to the room in the second floor and talked to the girl there to get her signiture she said that she won't sign unless i go to her grandma in the abandoned village.

when i went there this is what i got...

but i think the problem is that before i started Farquhar quest i happend to talk to the grandma when i was investigating.

welp... i guess in the end ,Curiosity did kill the cat.
That wouldn't make a difference. The bit that triggers the signature can only be triggered once, but it can't be triggered unless the appropriate variable says you're ready to trigger it. That one girl upstairs is just set up to be the last signature, and doubles as a hint that one of the Folk isn't actually in Roich.

If you don't mind sharing your save (I'd need both the numbered save and global.rmmzsave) I can look further into it for you. If something went wrong, even if it's a fringe case, I'd rather find and fix it.
Worst case scenario, I can see if you're just missing something else and tell you what it is, or if something did break even with nothing wrong with the scripting, I can un-break it and give you the fixed save.

cavebear

Mar 5, 2019
i am in phase 6 of the game and can't get to both of the things i need to in the swamp.
can you please tell/show a pic of where to go for both of them please./

Eldt

Jan 13, 2019
I'm on trophy 13 and I think I only have Quinn's moment to do before continuing. Reading through previous posts and I think I need to find broken glasses. I sort of remember picking up broken glasses before during the swamp roaming section, but I don't remember ever doing anything with them afterwards (or alternatively I'm mixing it up with picking up a monocle accessory). I don't really have any special interaction options with Quinn so I think I've lost how to do this bit in my memories. Just to check does anyone remember where were the broken glasses supposed to be and were you supposed to do anything with them before the freeze?

randy1990

Nov 8, 2018
had to cheat because I did not find the trophy index in the house I searched in the study it said that there are only books

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
i am in phase 6 of the game and can't get to both of the things i need to in the swamp.
can you please tell/show a pic of where to go for both of them please./
There's a map in-game if you go into Estate Info > Locations > East Swamp (and North Swamp for the other one). Both appear after you've entered the area for the first time.

One of the holds is basically attached to Ventire, the other you get to by leaving Augalamh going south. Some people have struggled a little with finding the one south of Augalamh, but there are NPCs in the village that'll tell you where it is.
Specifically, follow south the wall of trees going east, then go north. I think what throws most people off is that it looks like you should be able to keep going east, but there's nothing there.

I'm on trophy 13 and I think I only have Quinn's moment to do before continuing. Reading through previous posts and I think I need to find broken glasses. I sort of remember picking up broken glasses before during the swamp roaming section, but I don't remember ever doing anything with them afterwards (or alternatively I'm mixing it up with picking up a monocle accessory). I don't really have any special interaction options with Quinn so I think I've lost how to do this bit in my memories. Just to check does anyone remember where were the broken glasses supposed to be and were you supposed to do anything with them before the freeze?
Sounds like you're mixing up some items. The Monocles are Butler-flavored head equipment, and the broken glasses you find (which is in one of the Wilds areas near the swamp) are immediately repaired to be the Bespoke Spectacles accessory. Neither have anything to do with anyone's Freeze event (or their trophy-related bonus objective).

If you want a hint on Quinn's bonus objective, she's one of the "take Maid A to Maid B" ones. And remember that both Maids need to have their base event completed for them to be able to complete the bonus objectives.

had to cheat because I did not find the trophy index in the house I searched in the study it said that there are only books
That's not great. =/ Sorry for the trouble.
All the scripting should be set to give it to you if you don't have it, regardless of which version of the study you're in. I know there used to be an issue where importing a save from Arrival could cause the event to think you have it when you don't, but that was fixed (I believe in v0.12, though I can't find it anywhere in my changelog, so the fix may not be in the game until v0.13).

Do you mind clarifying if you imported a save from Arrival, and if you were able to find it there? There could be some strangeness happening if you imported a file, even if you didn't manage to find it there. If that's the case, I want to try to fix it.
Especially if you did find it there, because you should start the game with it if you found it in Arrival and imported your save.

randy1990

Nov 8, 2018
There's a map in-game if you go into Estate Info > Locations > East Swamp (and North Swamp for the other one). Both appear after you've entered the area for

That's not great. =/ Sorry for the trouble.
All the scripting should be set to give it to you if you don't have it, regardless of which version of the study you're in. I know there used to be an issue where importing a save from Arrival could cause the event to think you have it when you don't, but that was fixed (I believe in v0.12, though I can't find it anywhere in my changelog, so the fix may not be in the game until v0.13).

Do you mind clarifying if you imported a save from Arrival, and if you were able to find it there? There could be some strangeness happening if you imported a file, even if you didn't manage to find it there. If that's the case, I want to try to fix it.
Especially if you did find it there, because you should start the game with it if you found it in Arrival and imported your save.
yes from Arrival and i have it ther and i only cheatet the book dont want to have it "easy"

Reactions: Thayron

Thayron

May 2, 2017
I still have the same problem at Latita's estate where the protagonist talks to a girl wearing only an apron and she asks what he's looking at and he should show a picture of her ass and then the protagonist keep looking. Well, the image does not appear and only the text remains.

só texto.jpg
1700271003468.jpeg
Do I have to start again? Maybe it's my save?
Edit: This second image appeared when I opened the game in this part.

Last edited:

Eldt

Jan 13, 2019
If you want a hint on Quinn's bonus objective, she's one of the "take Maid A to Maid B" ones. And remember that both Maids need to have their base event completed for them to be able to complete the bonus objectives.
Thanks, that gave me the last hint on how to do the event. It turns out I was missing a Quinn conversation though not in the way I thought. I also realized I had missed something in the tasks list. I didn't notice the gold star Optional Objective Complete in the completed companion quests. That helped me figure out who I was missing as well. Honestly I think I need to read the task list more as while I did peruse it during the hangout with each maid, I missed that there was an additional marker denoting the completion of optional objectives. Regardless thanks for the advice as it did help me.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I still have the same problem at Latita's estate where the protagonist talks to a girl wearing only an apron and she asks what he's looking at and he should show a picture of her ass and then the protagonist keep looking. Well, the image does not appear and only the text remains.

Do I have to start again? Maybe it's my save?
Edit: This second image appeared when I opened the game in this part.
Sorry for the trouble! I swear I fixed that earlier, but my changelog is telling me it isn't fully fixed until v0.13.
Good news is, you don't need to restart, and nothing is wrong with your save.

The images exist, but the game is looking for them in the wrong place. If you find them (they should be in Maids & Masters/img/pictures/Iris), make a copy of them, and put them in the base pictures folder (Maids & Masters/img/pictures) then hit retry, it should find them and work as intended.
Just make sure you copy them rather than move them, otherwise anything that looks where it's supposed to will give you the same error.

Thanks, that gave me the last hint on how to do the event. It turns out I was missing a Quinn conversation though not in the way I thought. I also realized I had missed something in the tasks list. I didn't notice the gold star Optional Objective Complete in the completed companion quests. That helped me figure out who I was missing as well. Honestly I think I need to read the task list more as while I did peruse it during the hangout with each maid, I missed that there was an additional marker denoting the completion of optional objectives. Regardless thanks for the advice as it did help me.
You're welcome!
I'm kind of a jerk when it comes to giving out trophy information in-game. But then, I don't think it'd be any fun if you didn't have to work for them at least a little.

• Love
Reactions: Thayron

Thayron

May 2, 2017
Sorry for the trouble! I swear I fixed that earlier, but my changelog is telling me it isn't fully fixed until v0.13.
Good news is, you don't need to restart, and nothing is wrong with your save.

The images exist, but the game is looking for them in the wrong place. If you find them (they should be in Maids & Masters/img/pictures/Iris), make a copy of them, and put them in the base pictures folder (Maids & Masters/img/pictures) then hit retry, it should find them and work as intended.
Just make sure you copy them rather than move them, otherwise anything that looks where it's supposed to will give you the same error.

You're welcome!
I'm kind of a jerk when it comes to giving out trophy information in-game. But then, I don't think it'd be any fun if you didn't have to work for them at least a little.
It worked!!! Thank you very much. Man, I love your game and your work is incredible.

Reactions: hreserves

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
what is the best thing you can do to repair or destroy the ruind estate?
There are three, so that doesn't narrow it down much.
Also, because it's spoilers and I'm a jerk, I'm not going to tell you what the different options actually do. All I'll say is both options have benefits and consequences, and choosing to do nothing is still a choice.

how do you solve the mind maze?? i can get to both torches but nothing i do will finish them.
It involves the "cancel" mechanic. If you need more information on that, check the Hints & Tips section of the README.

cavebear

Mar 5, 2019
There are three, so that doesn't narrow it down much.
Also, because it's spoilers and I'm a jerk, I'm not going to tell you what the different options actually do. All I'll say is both options have benefits and consequences, and choosing to do nothing is still a choice.

It involves the "cancel" mechanic. If you need more information on that, check the Hints & Tips section of the README.
i got through oddette but not the other one, the cancel mechanic didn't work. what am i missing for her??
just a note i HATE mini-games in my games i play.

sean0687

Oct 22, 2017
Thank you for ur explanation. About that phrase "bring your feet together", I didn't realize what it means until u explain. :)
and after explaination, still trial error several time because we don't know which platform step 1, 2 , etc.

Ahh.. after another looks, I understand which platform now.. nevermind

but it really helps, and good puzzle as usual anyway :)

1700549825141.png

But it seems, somehow I can't finish this quest,
Maybe because I accidentally skip 1st quest.

can help me about this quest? Thanks :)

xyz389

Sep 4, 2016
Any hints as two where to find the last Druid?
I got the one in the Deep Wilds, the one by the Waterfront, and the one in the house in the Ruins.
Is the last one related to the girl that can be found in the Dense Wilds that gives you stuff?

3.90 star(s) 10 Votes