hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
i got through oddette but not the other one, the cancel mechanic didn't work. what am i missing for her??
just a note i HATE mini-games in my games i play.
It's probably because you have to select one of the wrong answers first, then cancel.
Though if this counts as a minigame for you, I'm surprised you're still playing. It's not a minigame, it's a puzzle, and they're everywhere in MnM. Heck, you had to do two in the same tower just to get where you are now.

Thank you for ur explanation. About that phrase "bring your feet together", I didn't realize what it means until u explain. :)
and after explaination, still trial error several time because we don't know which platform step 1, 2 , etc.

Ahh.. after another looks, I understand which platform now.. nevermind

but it really helps, and good puzzle as usual anyway :)

But it seems, somehow I can't finish this quest,
Maybe because I accidentally skip 1st quest.

can help me about this quest? Thanks :)
Happy to help! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

As for that quest, I'm going by memory so I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that first objective isn't marked as complete until you've talked with a certain number of Folk, so it will stay like that regardless of the other objectives until it's independently completed.
As for the last objective you're on, you should just be able to go to the map in question (it's outside the village; the guy who gave you the quest should give you directions) and interact with the small dead trees until you get a text box saying that's probably good enough. If you already did that, got the message, and it's still not completed, let me know and I'll look into it further.

Any hints as two where to find the last Druid?
I got the one in the Deep Wilds, the one by the Waterfront, and the one in the house in the Ruins.
Is the last one related to the girl that can be found in the Dense Wilds that gives you stuff?
The last druid is in the Dense Wilds, but she's not related to the girl you can find there.
I remember someone else asking about this, but I can't seem to find the post. The trick to finding her is taking advantage of the map scrolling north and south forever.
You go north for long enough, and you'll end up at the altar.

sean0687

Oct 22, 2017
As for the last objective you're on, you should just be able to go to the map in question (it's outside the village; the guy who gave you the quest should give you directions) and interact with the small dead trees until you get a text box saying that's probably good enough. If you already did that, got the message, and it's still not completed, let me know and I'll look into it further.

I can clear it in my previous play, but not sure why in this play.

as for the village, the village already moved (this one right?)
the water in swamp mentioned already not poisoned, blue color
(the map with a hold in north of swamp?)

or am I missing something here?

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I can clear it in my previous play, but not sure why in this play.

as for the village, the village already moved (this one right?)
the water in swamp mentioned already not poisoned, blue color
(the map with a hold in north of swamp?)

or am I missing something here?
Hard to say. It's entirely possible I'm missing something. Time to open up the game files and dig.

This quest involves Augalamh; the village that moves is Ventire. Ventire moving doesn't impact any of Augalamh's quests.
Same with the season. The event scripting is the same in both instances of the pond map, and it might be (but shouldn't be) possible to skip the message.
Looking at the scripting, the only issue I can see is that if you pull up roughly half (or more) of the trees in the Haunt map, progress until the Haunt ends, and then pull up all of the trees, it's possible to push the variable that tracks your progress high enough that talking to the guy who gave you the quest registers it as complete but doesn't actually complete it for you.
Which, based on the rest of the scripting, could also be why that first objective isn't completing. There's a check there for that objective as well, so if you manage to skip one, you skip both.
That's easy enough to fix, but it doesn't really fix it for you in the moment.

If you want to confirm that's the issue you're running into, the difference in dialogue is the guy saying "Did the whole village a favor, bro." if he's about to complete the quest for you, and saying "You're my kind of bro, bro." if he thinks it's already complete.

vvulf

Jun 1, 2019
Does Bianca not have a bonus event during the 2nd freeze? I feel like I've taken her to every location, talked to all the other maids, and interacted with as many of the different inanimate stuff I can think of and nothing is triggering.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Does Bianca not have a bonus event during the 2nd freeze? I feel like I've taken her to every location, talked to all the other maids, and interacted with as many of the different inanimate stuff I can think of and nothing is triggering.
She does. Hers is a little different in that you need to bring someone to her rather than bring her to someone.
But like everyone's, if you check the Complete tab of the Task List, it'll tell you once you've completed it.

Thayron

May 2, 2017
I have a doubt, I was unable to activate the pact scene with Kala as soon as she joins the group. Is it possible I skipped this or some other reason?
A curious thing is that if I go to some mansion I can see the scene with her but it's not the complete scene with her sitting on the bed but just the sex part (well there are the lines but she doesn't have her sitting on the bed which is where the scene should begin)

sean0687

Oct 22, 2017
Looking at the scripting, the only issue I can see is that if you pull up roughly half (or more) of the trees in the Haunt map, progress until the Haunt ends, and then pull up all of the trees, it's possible to push the variable that tracks your progress high enough that talking to the guy who gave you the quest registers it as complete but doesn't actually complete it for you.
Which, based on the rest of the scripting, could also be why that first objective isn't completing. There's a check there for that objective as well, so if you manage to skip one, you skip both.
That's easy enough to fix, but it doesn't really fix it for you in the moment.

If you want to confirm that's the issue you're running into, the difference in dialogue is the guy saying "Did the whole village a favor, bro." if he's about to complete the quest for you, and saying "You're my kind of bro, bro." if he thinks it's already complete.
this might be the problem for me, because usually I always pull up all tress haha
and that guy already saying "You're my kind of bro, bro"

is it possible to fix this?

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I have a doubt, I was unable to activate the pact scene with Kala as soon as she joins the group. Is it possible I skipped this or some other reason?
A curious thing is that if I go to some mansion I can see the scene with her but it's not the complete scene with her sitting on the bed but just the sex part (well there are the lines but she doesn't have her sitting on the bed which is where the scene should begin)
Nope, you're not missing anything. In fact, it was me who missed something.
Kala has some very specific hang-ups when it comes to sex, and I wasn't particularly happy with the way that scene played out, so it was removed. There was still one opportunity to trigger it when I went looking at the scripting that I'd missed, so that's fixed for v0.14 (though it'll likely get added back in for v0.15).
Unless you're referring to Kala's love shack scene, but that should work normally.

this might be the problem for me, because usually I always pull up all tress haha
and that guy already saying "You're my kind of bro, bro"

is it possible to fix this?
Same, I just neglected to test pulling everything up, then switching seasons, then pulling everything up again. I always go straight to completing the quest.

It's already fixed for v0.14 in a way that'll accommodate for anyone that's done this without breaking anything for anyone that's already completed the quest, but fixing it for you is a little more difficult. I could fix it for you manually if you don't mind sharing your save (remember that I'd need both the numbered save and the global.rmmzsave files). Otherwise, you can fix it by editing your save if you find the right variable, but that can have unforeseen consequences and break the save in other ways, so I can't recommend that unless you're comfortable with it.
If you are comfortable editing your save, variable number 81 needs to be greater than 20 and less than 25 to trigger correctly.

Where do I get the designer dress for Tilly? Also what else does she need later on?
There's one hidden in the swamps. If I remember right, it's one of the chests in the Drowned Hold.
Saying everything else she needs would be telling. =P
Though if she's asking for the Designer Dress, you only have one step left after that.

Reactions: Thayron

sean0687

Oct 22, 2017
It's already fixed for v0.14 in a way that'll accommodate for anyone that's done this without breaking anything for anyone that's already completed the quest, but fixing it for you is a little more difficult. I could fix it for you manually if you don't mind sharing your save (remember that I'd need both the numbered save and the global.rmmzsave files). Otherwise, you can fix it by editing your save if you find the right variable, but that can have unforeseen consequences and break the save in other ways, so I can't recommend that unless you're comfortable with it.

Better save than sorry :).
Attached save files.

Thank you :)

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Better save than sorry :).
Attached save files.

Thank you :)
I've got two fixed saves in the .rar attached. file14 will put you exactly back where you were, file15 puts you in front of the priestess for the last bit of the affected quest.

And you're welcome! Gives me a good opportunity to make sure the fix works correctly instead of me going in and adjusting the variable by hand.

Reactions: sean0687

sean0687

Oct 22, 2017
I've got two fixed saves in the .rar attached. file14 will put you exactly back where you were, file15 puts you in front of the priestess for the last bit of the affected quest.

And you're welcome! Gives me a good opportunity to make sure the fix works correctly instead of me going in and adjusting the variable by hand.

thank you :)

Reactions: hreserves

Maroko7

Jun 23, 2018
I'm in the Mind Maze at the Tower and I want to get the trophy.
But I don't understand the puzzle.
I've been trying to solve it for a week now.
Could someone give me a useful, non-scriptural clue?

I solved it in the first run without the chest. And I'm currently doing a trophy run.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I'm in the Mind Maze at the Tower and I want to get the trophy.
But I don't understand the puzzle.
I've been trying to solve it for a week now.
Could someone give me a useful, non-scriptural clue?

I solved it in the first run without the chest. And I'm currently doing a trophy run.
The only hint I've ever given out is that if you start getting extra dialogue, you're on the right path.
Also if you leave, it resets.

Maroko7

Jun 23, 2018
It would help who is first with the additional dialogue option
if the order is important
because I've already tried a lot
Because with the little blue flames I've never seen another dialogue option appear

pippo67

Oct 17, 2018
This is really hard to give hints for without just giving away the answer, so I'll hide that in a spoiler, but I'll openly say that you never need to go backwards. It might help to think of the moves in terms of each foot, with the player sprite being a single foot (if that makes any kind of sense).
The answer for the "bring your feet together" bit is that you have to step on the same panel twice. Since you can't control your feet individually, you have to step off the panel, then back onto it.

I do not understand this. Where is 1? I tryed but I don't know how to open.
I know, I'm not a good dancer :D

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
I have a question abut the shop. Just how much does it pay to invest everything into it? Like I just got 500$ worth of coins. If I were to invest that into items would it pay it self back quickly? Or is it better to hang on to them?

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
It would help who is first with the additional dialogue option
if the order is important
because I've already tried a lot
Because with the little blue flames I've never seen another dialogue option appear
Nope, order isn't important.

I do not understand this. Where is 1? I tryed but I don't know how to open.
I know, I'm not a good dancer :D
The numbers are in roughly the same place as the panels. Not exactly the same, because there's only 4 lines to work with in the text box, but as long as you don't step on another panel, you can check the instructions between steps.

I have a question abut the shop. Just how much does it pay to invest everything into it? Like I just got 500$ worth of coins. If I were to invest that into items would it pay it self back quickly? Or is it better to hang on to them?
Investing is the only real way to earn Silcrow, and the most reliable way to get items. You can find Silcrow in places like Holds, but those are one-offs. There isn't a lot outside of the shop that requires Silcrow, but some things use it as an alternative. Things that require it usually only require a small amount.
I forget the math for how quickly they pay for themselves, though. I think it's something like 5 or 6 supply cycles (and the game currently ends at number 23).

How many Challenges? and where to look for Beverly after each?
Beverly technically has 3 challenges, and he's only out of the way on the third one. He's just hanging around in different parts of the Estate grounds (meaning not inside any buildings) for all three, and Bianca tells you where to look for the last one.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Investing is the only real way to earn Silcrow, and the most reliable way to get items. You can find Silcrow in places like Holds, but those are one-offs. There isn't a lot outside of the shop that requires Silcrow, but some things use it as an alternative. Things that require it usually only require a small amount.
I forget the math for how quickly they pay for themselves, though. I think it's something like 5 or 6 supply cycles (and the game currently ends at number 23).
So investing in the same item over and over again will yield increasing returns? Like I already have 1 of each, that's why I am asking.

3.90 star(s) 10 Votes