cubba

Jul 12, 2018
Game crashes after going in the closet with Emily for the first time.

"Cannot read property 'expParams' of null"
Same.
When I try to leave the estate the sequence where you meet Emily starts again and ends with a black screen in the closet. Menu still works though.

Reactions: tsakalos

ArtKing22

Jun 16, 2017

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Can it work with joiplay
And also we need to play the prequel to understand the story ?
In theory, yes, but one of the plugins I use doesn't like to cooperate with emulated environments, so it can result in more errors (like the TypeError being reported). I also don't have the knowledge or experience to be able to support a mobile version, so I'll be less helpful than I'd like to be with any encountered issues.

And no, the prequel isn't required. It's just a short introduction that provides some extra context and the opportunity for bonuses.

This developer making 3 games at same time ? Very dangerous and ambitious !
Well good luck ! :giggle:
Well, no, but actually yes.
Maids & Masters is my only solo project in active development, but I do work on other projects in varying capacities (which just so happens to come to an active total of 3 at the moment).

Thanks for the good luck! I definitely need it.

How do you level up the maids fast because those guardians knights are a pain to beat
Unless you're avoiding combat, you'll level up incidentally as you explore. If you want to level as much as possible, you'll have to hunt down encounters; I tried to keep them off of the main path so they wouldn't bother people who don't like combat.
Though if you're referring to the Deep Wilds Hold you can find really early on - that's meant to be an optional challenge dungeon for the early game. You're not really meant to be able to beat it until after you have a full party. It's possible to clear it when you first find it, but very difficult.
If that is what you're referring to, I'd recommend progressing until you get Jenny and swapping Ella out for her.

Have this Bug after first time meet Emily and go into the East Closet. How can i fix this?
I also attach my save to this
Game crashes after going in the closet with Emily for the first time.

"Cannot read property 'expParams' of null"
Yes this is the exact problem I'm experiencing with the game.
I've had this error reported before and even encountered it myself once, but I haven't been able to recreate the error reliably. You should be able to just reload and try again, and you'll get past the error.

Also worth calling out - the Windows version is technically compatible with emulators for the sake of playing on mobile and things like Steam Deck, but FOSSIL (a plugin that makes other plugins function correctly) likes to argue with the emulated environment and can cause issues (like this TypeError crash) that I don't have the knowledge or experience to be able to fix.

nomorehero I did try to load your save, but I don't have a global.rmmzsave that matches your file, so I'd need the global.rmmzsave out of your save folder as well to investigate further. Same goes for anyone else reading this who wants to share a save - both the numbered file and the global file are needed.

This solution (calling it out for posterity) shouldn't be necessary, but if it works for you when nothing else does, all the better.

Eldt

Jan 13, 2019
So anyone who's having the nullParams error with the Emily introduction, I can confirm that downgrading to Version.11 and going through the Emily intro and then reloading the save in .13 does work. I tried reloading and changing a few different options before back porting to v.11 but I honestly couldn't find anything that was triggering the crash other then the event itself.

Not sure how helpful my saves would be, but I'm gonna upload the offending save as well as my global and option save. The save file attached is right after Emily boots the MC out of the storage room to pretty it up. I've confirmed it still crashes even though I have another save file that skips this event. In addition I have done the hold quest for silcrows already, potentially early. That's the only thing I can think of that I've done out of step that might cause errors.

Hope this helps somebody.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
So anyone who's having the nullParams error with the Emily introduction, I can confirm that downgrading to Version.11 and going through the Emily intro and then reloading the save in .13 does work. I tried reloading and changing a few different options before back porting to v.11 but I honestly couldn't find anything that was triggering the crash other then the event itself.

Not sure how helpful my saves would be, but I'm gonna upload the offending save as well as my global and option save. The save file attached is right after Emily boots the MC out of the storage room to pretty it up. I've confirmed it still crashes even though I have another save file that skips this event. In addition I have done the hold quest for silcrows already, potentially early. That's the only thing I can think of that I've done out of step that might cause errors.

Hope this helps somebody.
If it hasn't helped anyone else, it certainly helped me. Thank you very much for sharing.

I won't get into any ethics or the harm that leaks can do to small solo devs like myself here, because this is a pirate site and I'm not that dumb (most days), but (and I'm gonna make this text real big and red so no one misses it):

If you encounter this issue, you are playing an unofficial leaked version of v0.13 that was not released by the developer. I cannot assist, as the error is caused by the game searching for data that does not exist in the intended release of v0.12. The leaked v0.13 may contain other modifications, such as malicious software.

Eldt, I tested your save against the active development build and was able to recreate the error, but couldn't find a solution (for the curious, the error is caused by FOSSIL searching for Actor data belonging to an Actor that doesn't exist in the database). I haven't deleted any character data from the database between builds, and the error wasn't cleared when I tried to add Actor data for it to find, which means it is highly likely that whoever leaked the early access version modified the game files before uploading the leak.

I have no idea why reverting to an earlier build avoids the error or why the game is choosing the point that it is to throw the error, because I don't tell it to go looking for the data that it's trying to find. However, I was able to confirm that the same saves work perfectly fine in the official public version, v0.12, which I uploaded myself and is intended to be the current public release.

For any of you still reading this: if you want to risk playing the leaked "v0.13" for yourself, all I can say is that you should use your best judgment when downloading things off of a pirate site.
If you're maybe a little freaked out by this and would really rather not have some rando on the internet eat your PC from the inside out, (none of whom reported having this issue except for the one I suspect did the leaking, and one of whom recently went through a fresh new game and confirmed he never encountered this error) and both the and are available on itch. You'd avoid any potential malicious software, and I'd be incredibly grateful for any support.

And now I'm off to go fix the OP.

• Haha
Reactions: Sonu The Pilot

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
MaidsAndMasters-0.12
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

sean0687

Oct 22, 2017
any idea about Dance moves in Farquhar Hold F1?

Begin on 1. step to 2, then 3. Bring your feet together. Repeat these steps backwards to 4 and 1

ArtKing22

Jun 16, 2017
How do i get this grandma to sign the paper to get the folk village away from Reed?
is it glitched?

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 10 Votes