Skads

King of Cunts
Donor
Aug 27, 2016
It's coming along, albeit very, very slowly. I'm trying to not overexert myself whilst also working enough to not feel guilty about not working. I call it the dance of depression. :cool:
"Dance of depression" Isn't that the one where you slowly stumble about bawling your eyes out then you quickly slit your wrists?

Suknickar

Jun 1, 2018
XD Canto Due to the ballroom dancing, it can also be taken to mean going around and around in the same place exerting effort but never really going anywhere. Since most ballroom dances are traditionally pretty limited it can even mean that, while everything may look pretty from the outside, you're going through the exact same set of motions that you've rehearsed a thousand times.

Skads No, you're thinking of NIN's album, The Downward Spiral. What you described is more of a (potentially controlled) freefall and really should go directly to imediate and intensive profesional help..

With a dance you're still in the game and there's hope of something happening to change things up, like the band playing a new style of music moving you from an old tired waltz or foxtrot to a west coast swing or salsa.

Reactions: Fasder

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Yeah .. riiiight ... more on the custom of unreliable, insensitive, head in the clouds independent,
devoid of the sweet human relations tapestry any goody 2 shues can emote for a happy life.
independent women
Just teasing here, independant like all talk and no interest in investing in the community is all 4 naught.

Aaarzzz

Jul 6, 2019
It's coming along, albeit very, very slowly. I'm trying to not overexert myself whilst also working enough to not feel guilty about not working. I call it the dance of depression. :cool:
Fasder Get well soon brother. I love your work.
Waiting for next update with save files in the internal memory;) IMG_20200212_153659.jpg

Reactions: Fasder

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
ShepardRahl

Hey, thanks for taking the time to review the game, just thought I'd make a few comments. :)

I know a few people on the spectrum and they couldn't care less about sex, even after they've experienced it. So if Mark is supposed to be on the spectrum I'm not sure how realistic it would be for him to turn into a slut for his sister after they start fucking.
So, ASD(Autism Spectrum Disorder) is a spectrum, one person with ASD might differ wildly from another depending on where they land. They might share traits or personalities, but it's by no means a narrow field.
That said, many with autism don't like physical contact, so in that sense it doesn't fit the story very well, but it's fiction after all.

It's a shame that as the story progresses they devolve into single minded sex fiends for each other. They even fuck while they work out in the gym.
I'd like to write more about them, but they're pretty content with their current place in the game and so am I. They're supporting characters while Mark and Sarah are the main interest of the story.
I've thought about maybe making a prequel type thing about J&J's past, but we'll see... maybe one day.
The reason the game seems more sex focused right now is because it kind of is, but I don't have much left before I can move on from repeatable scenes and start writing the last parts of the story line.

The Grind - While this isn't the worst grind I've seen in a game like this, some of the goal thresholds could stand to be lowered. For example; Instead of having to work at your thesis 10 times it should be more like 5 or 6. The grind needs to feel as if it were a natural progression instead of a chore.
So I've adjusted some of these, not sure if they're in the current version of the game, things sort of bleed together after a while. Still, the thesis is difficult to change due to how the code looks, so I'd have to take it apart and then redo the code to change it. Perhaps I'll just change it to 5 points per turn instead of 1.

The character models - While the character models are fine for the most part, they all have the exact same comically large tits. It feels like it's the same character model for all of them just with each having different hair.
So, I get this all the time, people hate the tits, I get it...
Now, they look like this because that's what I like, that they look similar is because they're all made by me, not because they're the same character. I like a certain style and to pin this as a negative is kind of a bummer to me.
Also the simplification that they'd all be the same character is kind of a slap in the face to me personally, considering how much time I spend on character creation.
I make stuff I like, I don't really want to sit and make stuff I don't want to look at/play.

Thank you for your time and thanks for playing.

ShepardRahl

May 21, 2018
So I've adjusted some of these, not sure if they're in the current version of the game, things sort of bleed together after a while. Still, the thesis is difficult to change due to how the code looks, so I'd have to take it apart and then redo the code to change it. Perhaps I'll just change it to 5 points per turn instead of 1.
I was just using the thesis as an example. I wasn't trying to single it out.

So, I get this all the time, people hate the tits, I get it...
Now, they look like this because that's what I like, that they look similar is because they're all made by me, not because they're the same character. I like a certain style and to pin this as a negative is kind of a bummer to me.
I don't necessarily hate the tits. It's that they all have the same kind. And I know it because that's what you like. I didn't mean for my criticism to come across as an attack. I'm sorry if you took it that way.

You just made some character choices I wouldn't have. Which is your prerogative since it's your game. I am looking forward to future updates. I'm interested to see how the program turns out and see everyone's progression. I was sad about Sarah being sterile. I always hate to hear that about a person real or not.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
I don't necessarily hate the tits. It's that they all have the same kind. And I know it because that's what you like. I didn't mean for my criticism to come across as an attack.
I think this is what most people do. Stuff like "they aren't supposed to look like that" or "they look unnatural", stuff that has a negative connotation, but isn't nessecarily an insult.
Like if I say "ugh, blue hair... it's not supposed to look like that..." it has a negative connotation and just stems from our human tribal tendencies. We try to find people who we agree with, so we mention things we like and dislike and often those things can be counted as insults if the perspective shifts, like if you happened to have blue hair.
If you go back in the game thread and look at how often the boobs are mentioned as a dislike or in a negative way, then you will perhaps understand my frustration with the topic.
I'm not only writing this for you, but for anyone else who might be reading this, consider the other perspective before you give criticism.
I'm interested to see how the program turns out and see everyone's progression. I was sad about Sarah being sterile. I always hate to hear that about a person real or not.
That's cool, I hope I can meet your expectations!

Anyway, sorry for the lecture or whatever, it's just frustrating at times...

3.50 star(s) 45 Votes