U

User_10739

when I check a game for the first time and see every female in it has watermelons in her top I automatically think the dev is a twelve year old who's desperate to see some tits with little to no experience in life. usually the text will go "Oh man that set of tits I so have to feel them, I'm getting hard just looking at those...etc" then as soon as the MC manages to sway whichever woman into sex two seconds in its "you like that eh cum slut be my whore...blah blah blah..." you'd think it was the same three people making all of these similar games because it may as well be for all the originality they have.
Maybe you should play the game first before enlightening us with your insightful review...

Deleted member 54063

Donor
Jun 4, 2017
Maybe you should play the game first before enlightening us with your insightful review...
when I check a game for the first time and see every female in it has watermelons in her top I automatically think the dev is a twelve year old who's desperate to see some tits with little to no experience in life. usually the text will go "Oh man that set of tits I so have to feel them, I'm getting hard just looking at those...etc" then as soon as the MC manages to sway whichever woman into sex two seconds in its "you like that eh cum slut be my whore...blah blah blah..." you'd think it was the same three people making all of these similar games because it may as well be for all the originality they have.
Yeah, that insightful review read like it was written by a 12 year old.

And as someone in my late 30s - who's had a healthy enough sex life - still when I see a nice pair of boobs or a great ass, I wana feel them. I just don't gawk, or act on it. What we do in life, doesn't always reflect what we get to experience in the realm of fantasy, which these games allow people to explore - free from consequence, remorse or judgement.

Just because it's not your thing, doesn't mean it's wrong. To each their own.

GODZILLA2000

Dec 9, 2017
I have to disagree. Different people have different chemistry. Some people just naturally get horny and bone right away. And people like large breasts because they have something to grab on and play with. That and people seem to equate breasts with femininity. People like what they like. It's no different when you have people that prefer guys that are fit/muscular and have oversized cocks.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
i have to ask, what happened to the mom? did the kids kill her and eat her?
Right now my plan for her is minor in comparison to the other characters. She will be included later in the story.
ok bit of weirdness, day before i worked for helen, the next day i get an email from her asking if i want to work a part time job that i already have?!?
Could you try to narrow things down a bit so I can replicate the bug? What choice did you make during the intro, did you e-mail her before? When did you get the test at school to show up?

First impression is all the, "He said impassively", "She said wonderingly", "Mark said while chewing a hangnail" has got to go. We can all tell who is saying what by the Mark/Sarah/Whoever label on the dialog box. And use italics or asteriskes or parends to voice internal thoughts if you can't do it with facial expressions.

I don't remember this being a problem before this version, so no idea why this style change has happened.
It's not internal dialogue, it's narration. Internal dialogue has italic text and is shown with the characters name. These are basically there to emphasis HOW they are talking. E.G. "I like hotdogs" he said in a monotone. or "I like hotdogs" he said enthusiastically. Maybe I overdid it, I'll go through some of it and review it.
Edit: I know that the internal dialogue can be a little inconsistent. I know that the intro has a lot of internal dialogue which is not shown in italic. It's something I'm planning to fix at some point.

@Fasder, got a bug for you. When waking up in Sarah's room, if you hold the ctrl key to skip and keep it held, it drains your energy.

edit: this happens on many screens
I know about this and it's been there since the first version of the game. It's a tricky thing to solve because if I want to solve it I remove a mechanic and have to do re-balancing. So I opted to leave that for the next update instead of risking a repeat of last release.

how do i use console commands on a mac? can anybody help? love the game btw!
anyone had walkthrough and cheat mode?
Press "b" ingame. Use with extreme cuation.

I've got Thesis 15/15, and nothing happen, for now
You reached the end of that part.
After sarah recieve the dildo what to do ?

I left Sara at 46 love points in 0.03, but nothing I can do at this update leads to any new event nor raises score with sister. Everything seems to be unfinished: watch Tv with her, pool at night, the laptop story, the pizzería web, the lunch...nothing happens. Am I wrong?
If you never restarted then that might be why. Helen has one storyline scene, there's a scene in Diane's bedroom and Sarah has a scene which is connected to the dildo. The rest of the content is "fluff" if you will.

There is a lot to like about this, but it way too "grindy" (for me) in its current form. I've read through the thread and I don't know if I am just going through the motions of repeated actions, at this point, or working toward a resolution. All stats seem be to be stuck at current levels, but the grinding continues.
My recommendation is that if you seem stuck and get tired of playing, stop playing. I played through all the content in maybe 2-3 hours, I didn't time myself for this version like I usually do. I'd expect the time to be slightly higher if you don't know all the triggers. Also if you don't like the grind I'd recommend that maybe you find another game you like better. :)

im the only with helen lines with traceback error?
I think you were the one who had the same problem in 0.03.01 right? The "Sayer %h is not defined" or something along those lines?
I've tried to figure our what can cause this and I really have no idea. It seems to me like an error within Ren'Py itself, but I can't be too sure.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
i loaded a save where i already had the job with helen, so went to work like usual, next day i get an email about doing the job as if i didn't already have the job, it was weird, i show up at work and it's just like normal, oh and the bonus question repeats.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
i loaded a save where i already had the job with helen, so went to work like usual, next day i get an email about doing the job as if i didn't already have the job, it was weird, i show up at work and it's just like normal, oh and the bonus question repeats.
Yea if you reloaded an old save then that's (probably) why it's happening. I re-worked how that whole interaction played out because it was very restrictive and could cause the player to miss out on getting the job even if they payed attention during the intro.
The bonus question is meant to repeat. If you screw it up then there's nothing to fall back on, aside from rolling back.

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
If you never restarted then that might be why. Helen has one storyline scene, there's a scene in Diane's bedroom and Sarah has a scene which is connected to the dildo. The rest of the content is "fluff" if you will.
Who is Diane?

I might need to start a fresh save.

Deleted member 24507

Well-Known Member Amateur Artist 3D
Donor
May 5, 2017
Right now my plan for her is minor in comparison to the other characters. She will be included later in the story.

Could you try to narrow things down a bit so I can replicate the bug? What choice did you make during the intro, did you e-mail her before? When did you get the test at school to show up?

It's not internal dialogue, it's narration. Internal dialogue has italic text and is shown with the characters name. These are basically there to emphasis HOW they are talking. E.G. "I like hotdogs" he said in a monotone. or "I like hotdogs" he said enthusiastically. Maybe I overdid it, I'll go through some of it and review it.
Edit: I know that the internal dialogue can be a little inconsistent. I know that the intro has a lot of internal dialogue which is not shown in italic. It's something I'm planning to fix at some point.

I know about this and it's been there since the first version of the game. It's a tricky thing to solve because if I want to solve it I remove a mechanic and have to do re-balancing. So I opted to leave that for the next update instead of risking a repeat of last release.

Press "b" ingame. Use with extreme cuation.

My recommendation is that if you seem stuck and get tired of playing, stop playing. I played through all the content in maybe 2-3 hours, I didn't time myself for this version like I usually do. I'd expect the time to be slightly higher if you don't know all the triggers. Also if you don't like the grind I'd recommend that maybe you find another game you like better. :)

I think you were the one who had the same problem in 0.03.01 right? The "Sayer %h is not defined" or something along those lines?
I've tried to figure our what can cause this and I really have no idea. It seems to me like an error within Ren'Py itself, but I can't be too sure.
@Fasder tks for the tip

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Yea if you reloaded an old save then that's (probably) why it's happening. I re-worked how that whole interaction played out because it was very restrictive and could cause the player to miss out on getting the job even if they payed attention during the intro.
The bonus question is meant to repeat. If you screw it up then there's nothing to fall back on, aside from rolling back.
heh i pity the ppl who can't get the bonus question first time, it's so easy.

Jan 12, 2018
I didn't mean for my comment to come across as a "knock" on the game. There is a lot to like about what you have created and it's not like I have the talent or ability to create a game, myself. I just wanted to give you some feedback on my experience and you can add/ or not add that to the other comments. Given the choice, I'd rather play a "grindy" game as opposed to just clicking through a bunch of graphics, but for me, the games that do it extremely well have struck a balance. As I am not a supporter and have played your game, anyway, I feel like I at least owe you some feedback about your game out of respect. I think what you have made is really good and I can tell you have the makings for something that can be great with some reworking of the flow of the game and that is strictly an opinion based on my own preference for game play.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
I didn't mean for my comment to come across as a "knock" on the game. There is a lot to like about what you have created and it's not like I have the talent or ability to create a game, myself. I just wanted to give you some feedback on my experience and you can add/ or not add that to the other comments. Given the choice, I'd rather play a "grindy" game as opposed to just clicking through a bunch of graphics, but for me, the games that do it extremely well have struck a balance. As I am not a supporter and have played your game, anyway, I feel like I at least owe you some feedback about your game out of respect. I think what you have made is really good and I can tell you have the makings for something that can be great with some reworking of the flow of the game and that is strictly an opinion based on my own preference for game play.
I didn't really take it as such either. But the "grind" is part of pacing the story and it's also, like you said, a lot more engaging than just clicking forward and make a choice every now and then. So if you don't like that part then you don't like an essential element of the game, which is why I suggested to maybe play something else.
I'm reworking things every update, generally I know what I want to happen but not exactly how. So it's difficult to predict the impact it would have on the flow of the game. It's also very difficult to keep a constant flow of one story a week(for instance) since the triggers are a result of the player taking action. So sometimes there might be a week before something happens, maybe even more if you are unlucky.
If you have any examples of games with good balance then I wouldn't mind a suggestion, inspiration is always nice!
Thanks for the feedback!

Jan 12, 2018
I'm reworking things every update, generally I know what I want to happen but not exactly how. So it's difficult to predict the impact it would have on the flow of the game. It's also very difficult to keep a constant flow of one story a week(for instance) since the triggers are a result of the player taking action. So sometimes there might be a week before something happens, maybe even more if you are unlucky.
If you have any examples of games with good balance then I wouldn't mind a suggestion, inspiration is always nice!
Thanks for the feedback!
Ahh...I get it, now. Working toward the "big picture" and this is how it plays until all of that comes into play. Thank you for responding. That helps me put it into perspective because as a player of the game, I don't have the advantage of knowing the end from the beginning like you do, as the creator. It makes sense to me now and I'll respect the process. Much appreciated.

Reactions: Papy.ion6984

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Ahh...I get it, now. Working toward the "big picture" and this is how it plays until all of that comes into play. Thank you for responding. That helps me put it into perspective because as a player of the game, I don't have the advantage of knowing the end from the beginning like you do, as the creator. It makes sense to me now and I'll respect the process. Much appreciated.
Yea that's more or less how it goes. I do full playthroughs before every release to see how the balancing is. Sometimes I can do something about it but in many cases it's about "missing content". Also I forgot to mention that you can only raise your stats to a certain level because it's meant as a soft lock. If you can't raise your stats then chances are that there is nothing to trigger which should be a pretty good indication that there is very little left for you to see.
It's also advantageous to get an "outsiders" perspective. Sometimes it's because I've made a mistake, but often it's a case like this where you are left wondering because of stuff that does not yet exist. And I can't really blame anyone for that. If you are curious as to how the game was then it shouldn't be too hard to find the earlier versions to see the evolution of how the game is taking form.

bobn

Oct 31, 2017
This MC is the biggest dumbass I've ever seen. He gets alone with bikini clad women at the pool and falls asleep!

3.50 star(s) 45 Votes