noble 271

Mar 14, 2018
I can't explain that.
I just downloaded 1.3 public and started it. Works on 7 browsers I just tried.
CCCleaner Browser​
Chrome​
Edge​
Firefox​
Opera​
Saphire​
Waterfox​
Have a look in your game folder to see if the images are listed there. It's not possible that the game was installed incompletely.
all the images are there but the game just doesn't display them

Reactions: Mack Truck

larry78

Dec 8, 2018
Can someone tell me what engine was used for the graphics? Is it Daz or something else? It looks really cool.

raska42

Feb 16, 2018
SugarMint Incredibly disappointing. Not the game, that was fun. Played an earlier version and have been keeping an eye on it since then. The censoring on the free version? Annoying, but I can understand wanting to make money to justify the time spent (even if it's probably hurting your more than helping). Was actually all set to toss you a lowish pledge (probably would've ended up on 1 since you don't have a 2 tier, before moving to 5 after a few months), then I actually looked at the tiers on your patreon. No way in hell I'm going to support a dev that's pulling the 'take a dump on their lowest tier of supporters' thing. I get that your trying to make a profit and all, but no way in hell. You'd probably be better off just getting rid of 1 and having 5 as the lowest, or just renaming it 'tip jar' and not offering anything. Can't imagine many support at that level, and doubt I'll be the only one who dismisses the game as something that had potential but is going to get dropped when the dev tries a new profit schemes drive people off because of that tier.

Piece of advice: Look at what's included in the tiers for the games that are well funded. They tend to be a mix between a delay + voting + discord, and no delay + voting + discord (acknowledging that since it'll end up leaked anyways, they might as well avoid looking greedy). While you might get a few 1-month pledges from people who are looking to decensor images, you only do a few new images each version. That isn't going to to keep those types (which increases the change of bad pledges as well). There's the chance I'm wrong, but I'm guessing the majority of your supporters would be supporting you even if the game was decensored, likely on the same level. Feel free to ignore or think about what I've written as you choose, I certainly can't force you to see reason (or what I consider to be reason at least). I just hate seeing games with potential get get dropped due to questionable handling of support/supporters (don't think many dev's work in marketing or BD as day jobs).

Reactions: BakaG and GandiIV

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
It's been about four months since my last check-in, but I thought I'd see how the corruption in this title is at this point? And, I think everyone knows how dark I like my corruption! Mwa ha ha ha! Anyway, I am just anxious to see what depravity I can accomplish, who I can taint, and what I can become in this well done title.

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
SugarMint Incredibly disappointing. Not the game, that was fun. Played an earlier version and have been keeping an eye on it since then. The censoring on the free version? Annoying, but I can understand wanting to make money to justify the time spent (even if it's probably hurting your more than helping). Was actually all set to toss you a lowish pledge (probably would've ended up on 1 since you don't have a 2 tier, before moving to 5 after a few months), then I actually looked at the tiers on your patreon. No way in hell I'm going to support a dev that's pulling the 'take a dump on their lowest tier of supporters' thing. I get that your trying to make a profit and all, but no way in hell. You'd probably be better off just getting rid of 1 and having 5 as the lowest, or just renaming it 'tip jar' and not offering anything. Can't imagine many support at that level, and doubt I'll be the only one who dismisses the game as something that had potential but is going to get dropped when the dev tries a new profit schemes drive people off because of that tier.

Piece of advice: Look at what's included in the tiers for the games that are well funded. They tend to be a mix between a delay + voting + discord, and no delay + voting + discord (acknowledging that since it'll end up leaked anyways, they might as well avoid looking greedy). While you might get a few 1-month pledges from people who are looking to decensor images, you only do a few new images each version. That isn't going to to keep those types (which increases the change of bad pledges as well). There's the chance I'm wrong, but I'm guessing the majority of your supporters would be supporting you even if the game was decensored, likely on the same level. Feel free to ignore or think about what I've written as you choose, I certainly can't force you to see reason (or what I consider to be reason at least). I just hate seeing games with potential get get dropped due to questionable handling of support/supporters (don't think many dev's work in marketing or BD as day jobs).
There are people who either can't or don't want to spend more than $1. There are plenty who support at that level and I wanted to give them something in return. Games that are well funded have had a lot of time to build up faith and trust from the community and they also tend to have a lot of content already.

I have looked at other games within this genre and even though the more popular, older ones tend to include voting + discord + early access, there are many others that give art and even cheat codes. This led me to think that since the market is much more competitive than it used to be, there's nothing stopping people from just waiting for the early access period to pass and check out the latest content before moving on to another game.

It's not a question of greed, since I haven't even withdrawn any money from Patreon yet. It's a question of longevity. My primary goal is to make a good game and learn how to make an even better game from its foundation. I can't afford to hope that eventually people will support it enough so that I have a financial stability while developing it.

Therefore, I'm trying to reward anyone who is willing to support me at this time and I've given options that allow free build players to not see any of the censored drawings.

I'm not really sure what the problem is after all. There are other games that prevent you from picking your starting gender or even disable some options when it comes to creating your own character. I haven't done any of this, on the surface it's the same game across every build, just that $1 tier gets uncensored access to all the drawings from the version before the last, while the $5 and $10 tiers get uncensored access to all the new drawings and animations.

It's been about four months since my last check-in, but I thought I'd see how the corruption in this title is at this point? And, I think everyone knows how dark I like my corruption! Mwa ha ha ha! Anyway, I am just anxious to see what depravity I can accomplish, who I can taint, and what I can become in this well done title.
The version I'm working on right now is finishing the plot of the first open-world location into the game and it paves the road into the next location of the game. So far, I've given a lot of choices that subtly shape up your character's stats (including the Corruption stat) and these attributes will have a more direct impact in the next content. A more exhibitionist character will have choices a more prudish one won't, a more corrupted character will also have more specific choices.

Since there is an emphasis on relationships with other active characters into the story, these stats will also influence specific content in these relationship paths. A more submissive character will likely get aroused by the dominant actions of a "friendly" NPC, and in the same way a more corrupted character might be more deviant in what kind stuff she's willing to go into with those that are.. willing. I've finished Hades a few weeks ago and I really liked the way the relationships are built into the game, so I'm trying to make a variation of that with a ton more choices and content.

raska42

Feb 16, 2018
I'm not really sure what the problem is after all.
That would be the crux of the matter I suppose. Sounds like you understood the points I was making, but don't consider them to be problematic since others are doing 'worse' (I'm not personally aware of any with those sorts of tier setups that are really flourishing, but I also only tend to look at the patreon's of games that appeal to me). Given your comments it's doubtful I'll be able to say anything that causes you to reassess things, so lets just leave it as we have different ideas about how to handle supporters, and that I wish you good luck with the project. It is a fun after all.

Reactions: BakaG

Mack Truck

Jul 22, 2017
There are people who either can't or don't want to spend more than $1. There are plenty who support at that level and I wanted to give them something in return. Games that are well funded have had a lot of time to build up faith and trust from the community and they also tend to have a lot of content already.

I have looked at other games within this genre and even though the more popular, older ones tend to include voting + discord + early access, there are many others that give art and even cheat codes. This led me to think that since the market is much more competitive than it used to be, there's nothing stopping people from just waiting for the early access period to pass and check out the latest content before moving on to another game.

It's not a question of greed, since I haven't even withdrawn any money from Patreon yet. It's a question of longevity. My primary goal is to make a good game and learn how to make an even better game from its foundation. I can't afford to hope that eventually people will support it enough so that I have a financial stability while developing it.

Therefore, I'm trying to reward anyone who is willing to support me at this time and I've given options that allow free build players to not see any of the censored drawings.

I'm not really sure what the problem is after all. There are other games that prevent you from picking your starting gender or even disable some options when it comes to creating your own character. I haven't done any of this, on the surface it's the same game across every build, just that $1 tier gets uncensored access to all the drawings from the version before the last, while the $5 and $10 tiers get uncensored access to all the new drawings and animations.

The version I'm working on right now is finishing the plot of the first open-world location into the game and it paves the road into the next location of the game. So far, I've given a lot of choices that subtly shape up your character's stats (including the Corruption stat) and these attributes will have a more direct impact in the next content. A more exhibitionist character will have choices a more prudish one won't, a more corrupted character will also have more specific choices.

Since there is an emphasis on relationships with other active characters into the story, these stats will also influence specific content in these relationship paths. A more submissive character will likely get aroused by the dominant actions of a "friendly" NPC, and in the same way a more corrupted character might be more deviant in what kind stuff she's willing to go into with those that are.. willing. I've finished Hades a few weeks ago and I really liked the way the relationships are built into the game, so I'm trying to make a variation of that with a ton more choices and content.

While it is appreciated that your working on this project. It is clear that there is a problem with your public release. EVERYONE is having a problem with seeing ANY images from your release. If you want ANY support then your should respond and correct this 1st impression.

Reactions: BakaG

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
That would be the crux of the matter I suppose. Sounds like you understood the points I was making, but don't consider them to be problematic since others are doing 'worse' (I'm not personally aware of any with those sorts of tier setups that are really flourishing, but I also only tend to look at the patreon's of games that appeal to me). Given your comments it's doubtful I'll be able to say anything that causes you to reassess things, so lets just leave it as we have different ideas about how to handle supporters, and that I wish you good luck with the project. It is a fun after all.
While it is appreciated that your working on this project. It is clear that there is a problem with your public release. EVERYONE is having a problem with seeing ANY images from your release. If you want ANY support then your should respond and correct this 1st impression.
I've given it some thought lately. It is true that the 1st impression matters a lot and the public build as it is right now can tease people in a bad way that ultimately leads to a worse experience and less incentive to support out of goodwill.

Even though my intentions were made from a good place, I accept that sometimes I can make mistakes.

Censorship is going to be cut down from the next update going forwards for all builds. From what I've seen, there is a game with many drawings, Monster Girl Island which has lower resolution drawings for the public build and that's probably what I'll go for. Other than that, the roster of available images will be the same, without any censorship on the latest/recent drawings in any way.

I'm putting a lot of work into this next update and I'm bringing an ending to the first chapter of the open world mechanic, together with an UI revamp and some changes to the avatar system (including damaged clothing and separate clothing slots). I guess that even if the changes would be appreciated by many and the content would be enjoyed, censorship would do more harm than good and ruin what otherwise would be a potentially pleasant experience.

Reactions: Highland_Hunter

Belphegor007

Aug 23, 2016
I've given it some thought lately. It is true that the 1st impression matters a lot and the public build as it is right now can tease people in a bad way that ultimately leads to a worse experience and less incentive to support out of goodwill.

Even though my intentions were made from a good place, I accept that sometimes I can make mistakes.

Censorship is going to be cut down from the next update going forwards for all builds. From what I've seen, there is a game with many drawings, Monster Girl Island which has lower resolution drawings for the public build and that's probably what I'll go for. Other than that, the roster of available images will be the same, without any censorship on the latest/recent drawings in any way.

I'm putting a lot of work into this next update and I'm bringing an ending to the first chapter of the open world mechanic, together with an UI revamp and some changes to the avatar system (including damaged clothing and separate clothing slots). I guess that even if the changes would be appreciated by many and the content would be enjoyed, censorship would do more harm than good and ruin what otherwise would be a potentially pleasant experience.
Taking inspiration from monster girl island is probably not the best considering he pissed of a lot of people raking in over 10k a month and not updating for like a year and picking fights in the early days

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
Taking inspiration from monster girl island is probably not the best considering he pissed of a lot of people raking in over 10k a month and not updating for like a year and picking fights in the early days
It was more of an example, but it doesn't matter much now.

I've just released v0.1.4 and changed the screenshots of the thread. Censorship is completely gone and I've tried to address as much as I could of the feedback. I hope this will be a well received update.

Tempmania

Mar 22, 2018

Personally I think the better method is to have the same content in both public and Patreon but delay the public release for a month or by 1 release after the Patreon release. This way, the public will still be able to experience an accurate representation of what they can get by supporting you on Patreon and decide for themselves if it's worth paying for newer releases.

The impatience of getting the latest update is what pushes me to be a patron rather than the missing/downgraded content... which in most cases I would just assume the Patreon build to be just as bad or limited as the public build.

Reactions: BakaG and Aazkaal

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
Personally I think the better method is to have the same content in both public and Patreon but delay the public release for a month or by 1 release after the Patreon release. This way, the public will still be able to experience an accurate representation of what they can get by supporting you on Patreon and decide for themselves if it's worth paying for newer releases.

The impatience of getting the latest update is what pushes me to be a patron rather than the missing/downgraded content... which in most cases I would just assume the Patreon build to be just as bad or limited as the public build.
This is my approach right now. Everything the Patreon tiers see, the Public can see as well without any extra added censorship or anything like that. The only difference is the resolution of the images, but it's not really a noticeable difference. Smaller drawings load faster on the itch version which in my opinion gets the most plays, so I keep the drawings on the public version slightly smaller.

Elpescador

Jul 11, 2017
The biggest drawback about Female protagonist (imo) is that it's all about the female protag. Male protag thrive in exploring different options in winning/forcing their way through to actual sex. Because the majority of gamers (imo) are males, it is engaging for them and interesting to have x number of woman and their personalities plus body shape facial expression etc.

Hence for Female protag games to work generally, Emma herself needs to shine.

While it can be hard striking a balance between too much reading to lack of anything, this whole 3rd person narrative and Emma despite being raped moved on to the next scene like it was a change of clothes doesn't cut very well for me. I suppose you can try to be more "intimate" and increase the length of the actual sex sentences but since this game is all about Emma, i would think players are also interested in knowing her personal thoughts as she react to her surroundings and of coz the actual sex scenes.

So Emma is a fresh graduate.What is her personality like? Is she a virgin or is she well versed in sex craft? Did she have a BF before she left for planet. Did anything happen during the two months wait. These introduction will set a tone for Emma followed by how we the players or the developer slowly corrupt a shy or confident woman into accepting decisions which compromises her into lewd situations. It is generally more erotic when we can read read about her personal struggles as she weights up the consequences or convincing herself she got everything under control while slowly slipping.

Whereas I don't feel much for Emma with how everything is currently worded. I guess what I am trying to get at is I need more emotions out of Emma and for her personality to develop with every update or major plot. Not necessary just how she managed to cum so easy from every sex scene as it gets stale very quickly. I get all of this may mean a complete restructure in how you word it and it may also be not your style. Hence it is just my opinion for your consideration only.
I recognize this post is pretty old at this point... but from my perspective the biggest problem with a female protag in a game like this is the fact that usually they have to lose for the player to "win" and see the stuff he wants to see. Imagine the fun you could have if your char could be a male char, say a psychologist or xenobiologist whose goal is to thwart the female star of the show causing her to be subjected to all manner of xeno molestation... you know, for science!

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Couple of issues I've noticed after starting a new game using v0.1.4:

1. The images of companions in the right side panel are stretched (and thus distorted) vertically. Seems that there's a function that's actively resizing images to fit the window. It should size to fit the horizontal space, not the vertical space.

2. I've been trying to collect the 7 samples of Viradium T. I have fought and defeated the plants at least seven times and no samples show in my inventory, nor can I turn in anything to Morris. It would also be nice if there was some indicator in the quest telling you how many samples you have collected. (Such as 0/7, 1/7, etc.)

Reactions: SugarMint

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
I recognize this post is pretty old at this point... but from my perspective the biggest problem with a female protag in a game like this is the fact that usually they have to lose for the player to "win" and see the stuff he wants to see. Imagine the fun you could have if your char could be a male char, say a psychologist or xenobiologist whose goal is to thwart the female star of the show causing her to be subjected to all manner of xeno molestation... you know, for science!
Or how about, and I know this sounds crazy and has never been done before ;), you write the game so the female protagonist has sex on her terms when she wins!

Look, if you want to play as a male due to your personal preferences that's fine, just be honest about it and accept that it probably won't work well unless the game was designed for both sexes from the beginning. If the sub/rape/defeat aspects truly are what bothers you then instead of reworking the whole game propose direct alternatives for those such as being able to capture and "study" the xenos and bartering with the friendlier ones. Or a female NPC rival you can sabotage and otherwise get into trouble, no need for a male PC to do so when the setting has guns and monsters.

Factoring in the comment you replied to a "xenobiology" (side?)quest could help with both issues: you can develop the PC's character based on various choices in the quest such as whether to submit to the aliens or capture and rape them, and a variety of female NPCs can participate in the actual sex scenes to add a variety of predefined personalities and body shapes into the mix (which is far easier to handle than re-writing the entire game and all future content to be unisex, especially if the "male PC crowd" also do not want to be penetrated or have sex with other males)

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
Couple of issues I've noticed after starting a new game using v0.1.4:

1. The images of companions in the right side panel are stretched (and thus distorted) vertically. Seems that there's a function that's actively resizing images to fit the window. It should size to fit the horizontal space, not the vertical space.

2. I've been trying to collect the 7 samples of Viradium T. I have fought and defeated the plants at least seven times and no samples show in my inventory, nor can I turn in anything to Morris. It would also be nice if there was some indicator in the quest telling you how many samples you have collected. (Such as 0/7, 1/7, etc.)
1. I'll try to check it out and fix it for a bugfix update.
2. It might be 7 or 8 times, you'll definitely complete the quest if you defeat the tentacles/plant 7-8 times. I was tempted to put out an indicator of how many samples you have managed to collect, but it was pretty late and I was afraid it would cause some bugs. I even wanted to lower the amount of "Viradium T" you have to collect. Nonetheless, just win against them one more time if you have definitely defeated them 7 times and it'll be done. You'll know when there isn't an orange indicator on that part of the map, and if you follow the quest log from the smartwatch, it will tell you to go in the Evening to the Medical Facility to turn them in and continue the main quests.

Reactions: AWolfe

miawn

Sep 1, 2016
What kind of game is this? Is the content mainly tentacle stuff? Asking because I don't really fancy tentacles :LOL:

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
Did it ever occur to you that women play these games too, particularly games in which the main character is a female and it's been written by a woman, and that we have a pretty different idea about what equates to a "win"? Not all porn games are made purely for a male audience. Also, from what I've seen, some guys really seem to like the different perspective of playing as a female going through the experience (and not as the transformation genre). I think it's great to have female MC in a porn game that that isn't a completely braindead powerless whore, and instead has some authority and control over who/when she fucks (in general women tend to be a LOT more picky about who they fuck). That, to me, is a "win", at least for a bit more originality in a sea of anything-but.

There are already a million games out there where the male player or main male character can manipulate the females in the game - this does not have to be one of them. Not that there's anything wrong with that if that's your thing, but let's call this for what it is. This isn't about there being a problem with the game in the eyes of male players, it's about the game not fitting what you want purely for yourself, even if changing it would make it into a totally different game (and it would).

ss4321

Apr 30, 2017
In the current version for me anything above the neck is stretched out of frame vertically and I cannot see it. This is happening with both the model on the right and any of the "special" menus that drop down from the UI on the bottom.

I am using a chrome browser in 1920x1080 resolution.

Reactions: suns3tb3achs
4.00 star(s) 6 Votes