RPGM Abandoned Malise And The Machine [v0.0511] [Eromancer]

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes

dd209

Aug 2, 2017
Meh, I hold to my belief that they're not ill-intentioned, just bad at prioritizing and ultimately responsible for the decision to effectively reboot the entire game after an already-sluggish release schedule.

But at the end of the day I'm aware I might just be being scammed. There are games with full real-time gameplay and pixel animation with much more commendable development speed and releases.

It genuinely saddens me to think how much promise this game had, especially during the period in which inner backers were getting new content for the underground lab with the fleshreaper and mutant pods/tentacles etc.

Would be still be hilarious if they jsut scrapped the game and blamed "hard drive loss" or "piracy".

Arrngrim

Oct 22, 2017
Little late to the party it seems, but dude....you lost your argument with this post:

"Then I recommend you take your complaints up to Eromancer, otherwise you're preaching to a choir."

If you had been paying attention to his Patreon over the years (yes, years), you would have known Eromancer actively deletes and destroys any negative feedback he receives wherever he can. That's why this is one of the few places "the truth" is preached to we unwashed heathen masses and also why he still receives thousands monthly for fuck all. Many don't understand what has happened over the years.

On a side note, one of the best HRPG games ever is Noxian Nights.

bloodmane

Dec 6, 2017
what the fuck is going on in this thread? we all know this shit wont have any output anytime soon. can we just post whatever "updates" they post(if someone is still supporting their "work").

Reactions: mesoru

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
@bloodmane , like @Arrngrim mentioned, the self-moderation of Patreon allows such bullshit artist to run scams for ears, by carefully cleaning any critique from their project pages. It's only in places like this one, where people can be warren when there is something fishy.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Everywhere thread I've seen about this game just becomes a never ending cycle of continuously pointing out how they are not doing anything and getting money for it through Patreon. It has been a long time that I've been following this thread, and I've followed the ULMF thread before that. And not a thing has changed. No updates on the game. One person that's "defending" them from time to time (defending is in quotes because no one truly believes Ecomancer are doing the right thing, I don't think) and of course the game and the development of it has been compared to a AAA game more than once.

In the past I have pledged one or two months, and in the end I pretty much got shit all out of it. I know that I will not support this game, or really any game on Patreon for that matter, just willy nilly. There has to be proof that they're doing something good, or the game has to be really amazing. There are very few Patreon developers that fit in either or even both of those categories. So I am staying away from that platform as long as I can. If there is an h-game that I may be interested in, I'll see if I can try it out by pirating it first, and then I'll consider buying the game when it comes out.

Reactions: bigpenniser

DLSmaster

Aug 25, 2017
I'm wondering, is anyone here, is in the Inner Circle of the Patreon at all? If so, is the game even being updated at all? if so, can you please shares us the latest version please?

lordgdavid

Apr 12, 2018
What engine does the game use now? I know it started with rpgmaker but if I remember correctly they switched cause it was a limitation right?

J103

Sep 22, 2016
I'm wondering, is anyone here, is in the Inner Circle of the Patreon at all? If so, is the game even being updated at all? if so, can you please shares us the latest version please?
The latest version of the game is in the first post and it's almost 2 years old. They haven't updated the game since September of 2016.

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
What engine does the game use now? I know it started with rpgmaker but if I remember correctly they switched cause it was a limitation right?
No. RPGM. They didnt even change to MV, still the old one. What they said about changing the engine was a lie.

J103

Sep 22, 2016
The engine is still RPG Maker, not even MV, the only thing they changed is the renders and all they have to show now is a tech demo that's basically the combat from the other versions but with even less content because they haven't even made the graphics for things that already existed before, there's not even sexual content.

lordgdavid

Apr 12, 2018
Wow, so after 2 years people still pay when the dude says "yeah this month I was still tweaking the lightning effects...". I really am amazed. I played the first demo and actually found it to be quite fun. Then the dark af fuse puzzle maze thing was a bit of a turnoff but this is really disappointing. And here I thought I was not progressing fast enough with university lol. These dudes are far worse. Well, still I hope it gets finished one day cause the chicks look good but they have way too much clothing.

Oct 16, 2017
My understanding about the engine was that there is actually so much extra scripts/coding that rpgmaker is only a "shell" at this point. He hired Altair early on as a programmer to overcome some of the engine's limitations and make some custom scripts/mechanics.

As for "upgrading" to MV, that would require changing to a completely different programming language. MV uses javascript, and all previous versions of rpgmaker use ruby. No idea on how much work it would be to migrate the code, just pointing it out that it would not likely be a simple matter. And as for MV being an "upgrade", that's a discussion all its own.

Reactions: Pharan

Arrngrim

Oct 22, 2017
Honestly, I kinda feel like I got my pledges worth out of him from back in the day, the 0.030 to 0.05 releases. That scene where the cyborg chick gets sucked into the tentacle monster between the upper area and the lower area...pretty damn hot scene. In the end, yeah, it sucks this has basically died off, but...sometimes I like to look at the glass as half full. Maybe in a few years we'll see a full game, but no more money out of me...that's for sure. Hahaha...

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes