3.30 star(s) 9 Votes

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
Game looks pro, nice renders, clean UI, promising setup. Not being able to find the menu was a royal pain, thankfully F95 helped me out.

But the writing really brings down the experience for me. First of all, the MC is a young horny virgin but apparently the sun shines out of his ass, judging by the way everyone kisses it. Already annoying. That's compounded by the nature of the dialog, which I would assume is not in the dev's native language. It's comprehensible, but not really inspiring or engaging. Everybody seems to be talking just to move the story forward, and there isn't any fun interplay between characters that shows off their personality.

I know that's expecting a lot from (presumably) a non-native speaker, but without that, we'll just be waiting only for the sex scenes. That seems a bit of a waste when so much work has gone into the look of the game. Would definitely recommend getting an editor onboard to polish the text and add some spark. Am sure there would be a few volunteers for the position if it were open. Anyhoo, good luck with the game.

blackstar42

Aug 20, 2017
I'm gonna be real with you, mate.

The premise is interesting enough. The renders are really good. Buuuuut... The writing and dialogue are a little wonky. Somewhat incomprehensible in some parts. I'm guessing that you're a non-native English speaker, is that right? I recommend that you look into getting an editor to work on the dialogue.

Nov 1, 2021
I'm gonna be real with you, mate.

The premise is interesting enough. The renders are really good. Buuuuut... The writing and dialogue are a little wonky. Somewhat incomprehensible in some parts. I'm guessing that you're a non-native English speaker, is that right? I recommend that you look into getting an editor to work on the dialogue.
I will try to improve everything related to this visual novel. thanks for the suggestion.

MayJames

Aug 22, 2018
Already annoyed ... why not an IC patch .... lets go Vanilla.
Ill give it the benefit of the doubt though.... since i I like the Milf thing and the Visuals are at least above average.
Maybe the story can make up for the rest.

jdw6

Nov 30, 2019
i doubt he did that on purpose
If someone was to start learning Renpy, would they find that the default keymap that comes with a new project has ESC and also right click to access the menu as standard?
If ^^^ then, yeah, dev did it.

1st rule in software development: don't make unnecessary changes. OK, might be 3rd or 4th, after learn the programming language 1st, learn how to code 1st, never release software made while learning the language or tool, etc...

After reading all 6 pages of posts, best suggestion I can make to the dev is this:

Backup the current project. Delete it from whatever workspace is used. Start a new one and leave the defaults alone. Add back in the renders and dialog and put an end to the (never ever ever ever use this phrase again!) "works on my machine". (Won't work for your professors, bosses, and certainly will piss off any potential future supporters/customers.)

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
(never ever ever ever use this phrase again!) "works on my machine". (Won't work for your professors, bosses, and certainly will piss off any potential future supporters/customers.)
Reminds me of something long time ago at work:
We: Hey - that programm doesn't run - you can't even install it
He: Why? over here on my machine it runs fine..
We: well - it doesn't work...
He: it works ... look ... (Pointing on HIS screen)
We: How did you manage to install the Program, as the installer doesn't work?
He: Install? for what? i Don't need to install - i got the raw scripts in my IDE and i can run them from over there. And as you see, the program is running fine.
We: *FACEPALM*

LESSON LEARNED:
Always test your software on SEVERAL independent systems, best on those you weren't working on (INCLUDING installer)

jdw6

Nov 30, 2019
Always test your software on SEVERAL independent systems, best on those you weren't working on (INCLUDING installer)
I tend to get this way when someone claims they "tested" something, but they only used unit tests (or automated tests). If it's user-facing, test it as a user (which would mean, not a development box where potentially dev stuff is in the path). Web apps that have a working page are worthless if there isn't any navigation to that page. :eek:

Oh, and the whole "won't work for professors" thing came from personal experience. lol le-sigh... procrastination got me crap credit far too often... smh... "TA: why'd you turn it in if it won't even compile?" "Me: *sheepishly* because then it's not technically an incomplete assignment."

Apologies for this: I'm old-school. I've been doing dev work for more than some have been alive. I strongly believe in tough-love. AND I feel that bad habits are easier to break earlier than later.

Anyway... not gonna toss this thread on the "ignore" list, but also gonna wait a while before actually trying it out, to see if the whole "menu's broken" type comments fade away... (did "unwatch" though)... :-/

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes