La'Zaa

May 3, 2018
I'm still stuck with progressing with Amy. I have the first item on the 'Love Triangle' achievement.
For Veronica I have all achievements expect for Grindmaster.

The hint is to talk with Amy and share a drink at Neon. But everytime she just goes back to work. Also giving Veronica chores, taking her to the room and use cuffs and blindfold does not trigger anything. No option to take a picture.
just lower her love point to 9 talk with her again at club neon
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

streetwisedevil

Jun 23, 2018
Ah thanks! That was the issue.
I have been stuck a few times this game and thought I maybe had progressed to far with the cheat menu for some events to trigger. But everytime I managed because I overlooked something small. This is the first I really had to lower back a stat to progress further.

KICKyoASS

Apr 12, 2018
Could Somebody please help?
I cannot play it 'cause of an 'error' that 'could not switch requested resolution' ('Screen: DX11 could not switch resolution', it says...).
My default resolution is 1280*768 and it tries to run it on 1280*720 which is actually the only option in the menu. I even tried to set my default to the same but it still doesn't work...
Don't know if it only is for me or what, but I could use some help. I have no idea why it does that...

robertfierce

Donor
Nov 13, 2017
Does anyone have any idea how to unlock the Vault? I read every walkthrough and I read about 200 pages in here as well. "Everyone says go to Neon and talk to Amy" BUT all that manages to do is having me being taken inside by Amy and being offered a drink, after which Veronica comes along and says to wait for her until 4:30 to get a cab home. After which Amy won't talk to me anymore unless I wait for 4:30 and tell Veronica to go alone, and even then, all Amy tells me is that she is about to leave as well. Stuck at 3 stars with her and there is no progression at all.

Carlo S

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
May 20, 2017
Does anyone have any idea how to unlock the Vault? I read every walkthrough and I read about 200 pages in here as well. "Everyone says go to Neon and talk to Amy" BUT all that manages to do is having me being taken inside by Amy and being offered a drink, after which Veronica comes along and says to wait for her until 4:30 to get a cab home. After which Amy won't talk to me anymore unless I wait for 4:30 and tell Veronica to go alone, and even then, all Amy tells me is that she is about to leave as well. Stuck at 3 stars with her and there is no progression at all.
Lower the love points of Amy to 9, and talk with Her again in the Neon Club, will work, is a bug that wil be fixed Friday in the new version :):):)

La'Zaa

May 3, 2018
I have a problem, instead of video just black screen. win8.1
update your windows to the latest go to setting check for update if that doesn't happen try this

I cannot play it 'cause of an 'error' that 'could not switch requested resolution' ('Screen: DX11 could not switch resolution', it says...).
My default resolution is 1280*768 and it tries to run it on 1280*720 which is actually the only option in the menu. I even tried to set my default to the same but it still doesn't work...
Don't know if it only is for me or what, but I could use some help. I have no idea why it does that...
what operating system you use if windows 7 try updating it or lower than windows 7 ultimate then install this

Carlo S

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
May 20, 2017
I have a problem, instead of video just black screen. win8.1
Here are all the solutions for both, good Luck ;););)

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Which operating system are you using?

R

RWaites

You could try this
1 Reinstalling your graphics drivers.
2 Disabling Full Screen Optimization:
2.1 Right click on Man of the house.exe and select properties.
2.2 Click on compatibility.
2.3 Disable fullscreen optimization.
2.4 Click apply and ok.

kilen

Jul 1, 2018
update your windows to the latest go to setting check for update if that doesn't happen try this
I will update the system now, but I do not think that will help. webmdshow already set, did not help. And the conversion as I understand it is not necessary that all video files are mp4 format. sorry for my English
upd: update not help too

La'Zaa

May 3, 2018
I will update the system now, but I do not think that will help. webmdshow already set, did not help. And the conversion as I understand it is not necessary that all video files are mp4 format. sorry for my English
Wait till friday for new update lot of thing will be fixed.

Carlo S

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
May 20, 2017
Brother, do you have the K-Lite Codec Pack? If not, try downloading this, and I hope, this can help you, or try see if have another solution here: -

O

Old Bear

Faerin: Thanks Amigo, You’re the Best, always sharing with Us -- Ashley, what are you looking for? :heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes:
:heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes: View attachment 120673 :heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes:
Bro, very good, thanks, @Faerin great work, keep doing the game, one of the best I play in the forum :FeelsGoodMan:

Desiato

Jul 4, 2018
Not for Windows Vista, unfortunately. And since updates aren't available for that OS anymore, I'm unable to help get you on your way. I've tried looking for offline updaters for Vista, but the only ones I've found (WSUS Offline and AutoPatcher) only work with Win7/8, 10, Server 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2012 R2. So I couldn't install updates in VMware to see if there was anything you might be missing as far as system updates go. Every time I've tried, it failed (that's due to the end of extended support as of April of last year).

So the only thing you can do at the moment would be upgrade your OS to Win7. You can download a legitimate copy of Windows 7 here: though it's not going to come with a working product key. You would need a WAT (Windows Authentication Technology) remover to crack Win7. If you'd like my help with that, send me a PM and I'll help guide you.
There is a WSUS for Vista, as I used it this morning in-between posts. I didn't mention it because it didn't find anything to add, so no solution there.

I'll need to check if this raggedy old thing can even handle 7, but if it can I suppose that is my next step. In which case I'll go radio silent for a time, since that'll be a two day download on boonies internet.

Agungteguh27

Jun 4, 2017
Faerin: Thanks Amigo, You’re the Best, always sharing with Us -- Ashley, what are you looking for? :heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes:
:heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes: View attachment 120673 :heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes:
wow!

Emmanuelle

May 3, 2018
@Faerin and @Carlo S, very beauty, a good work, merci :D

nabucco

Apr 15, 2018
I have MotH 0.7.7 working under Wine on the Mac! It's not in a Wineskin Winery wrapper, but command line wine. I expect it will work on Linux too.

Instructions for MacOS follow. For Linux, use these as a guide and muddle through. :cool:
The latest Wine Staging doesn't work. I had an older version, tried it, and that works. You need Wine Staging 2.17. Get it for OSX. For Linux or Android, start and drill down to your distro. Note - I say Android because there are Android builds there. I have no idea if they will work. If you want to try, start with wine 3.0 (the oldest version there). I also have no idea how to get MotH or saves to android, or if the interface will work.

If you're an advanced wine user and have multiple configurations, make sure you update WINEPREFIX to the one you want. If you don't know what this means, you can probably ignore it. More info .
  1. Install Wine Staging. Feel free to move the app wherever you want.
  2. Now you need to get winetricks from .
  3. Run Terminal. Run "sh" if your default shell is not bash.
  4. Winetricks will require a package called cabextract. To get that you need to install homebrew. If you already have it installed, skip to the next step. Run ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL )" < /dev/null 2> /dev/null
  5. brew install cabextract
  6. exit
  7. Launch Wine Staging. It will open a shell window in Terminal.
  8. cd to the location of winetricks. I put it next to Wine Staging.app.
  9. sh winetricks corefonts
  10. You need to install more things to get animations to run. sh winetricks devenum ffdshow quartz
  11. Select defaults for the install
  12. When you get "Completing the ffdshow Setup Wizard", select "Run video decoder configuration" and "Finish"
  13. Click "Tray, dialog & paths", then "Tray icons:" "None", "OK"

To run, double click Wine Staging.app. In the Terminal window that pops up, cd to the MotH location and type:
wine "man of the house.exe"
Thank you very much for the guide. However, it does not work here for me (Gentoo Linux, Wine-d3d9 3.11).
I already had winetricks installed, so I skipped that part. I did install the four winetricks packages and ran the configuration as advised, but I still get exactly the same error as before.

I will try again using a fresh wine environment, see if that helps.

[edit]
Cleaning the wine setup and trying from scratch did not make much of a difference, the error remains.
Out of curiosity: Which WINEARCH do you use, 32 or 64 bit? I'm not sure if that makes much of a difference, but who knows ...

4.20 star(s) 254 Votes