goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Thank you very much for the guide. However, it odes not work here for me (Gentoo Linux, Wine-d3d9 3.11).
I already had winetricks installed, so I skipped that part. I did install the four winetricks packages nad ran the configuration as advised, but I still get exactly the same error as before.

I will try again using a fresh wine environment, see if that helps.

[edit]
Cleaning the wine setup and trying from scratch did not make much of a difference, the error remains.
Out of curiosity: Which WINEARCH do you use, 32 or 64 bit? I'm not sure if that makes much of a difference, but who knows ...
I'm not sure which arch I'm using. I think it's 64.

Make sure you're using Wine Staging 2.21. That one works for me. The latest does not work. The writeup above said 2.17, but I just checked, and I'm using 2.21. I've edited my post.

nabucco

Apr 15, 2018
OK, I'm just dumb.
I was fooling around with wine and jsut found out that I did have the wrong wine version active. I was trying to run 2.03 ... :perservingface:
Now the game starts, I just have a black screen after the splash screen at the beginning. But I have to see how to deal with that.

Sorry for all the noise and unnecessary work.

[Update]
OK, I got the game to work. :)
After using a fresh wine prefix and running 'winetricks crypt32 corefonts tahoma' the game now runs fine. Thank you everyone!

Reactions: Sycho

Akili34

Mar 26, 2018
Hello.
Im stuck at having a Drink with Amy... I did the massage oil part. Veronicas hints says to progress with Amy.
So i went to have a drink with her and same things happens all the time, she has the drink and then she has to go back to work. then Veronica shows up and early 4:30 ride home. Cant progress Amy. Any help?

Carlos RAW

Mar 21, 2018
Excuse me, someone knows where the key of Veronica's room is, I know it's in the kitchen but I do not see it there and neither in the dining room, could someone pass me an image of the veronica key

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Excuse me, someone knows where the key of Veronica's room is, I know it's in the kitchen but I do not see it there and neither in the dining room, could someone pass me an image of the veronica key
Veronica will tell you where a spare key is hidden when she calls you to come bail her out of the police station. Make sure MC is in bed so he can receive her phone call in the middle of the night.

La'Zaa

May 3, 2018
Click the drawer near stove
Only happen if veronica call you at 3 am

Hello.
Im stuck at having a Drink with Amy... I did the massage oil part. Veronicas hints says to progress with Amy.
So i went to have a drink with her and same things happens all the time, she has the drink and then she has to go back to work. then Veronica shows up and early 4:30 ride home. Cant progress Amy. Any help?
just lower her love point to 9 talk with her again at club neon
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Hello.
You'll need to talk to Amy about your master/slave relationship with Veronica. Naturally she won't believe you, so you'll have to convince her by sending her a text message with a picture of Veronica in MC's bedroom when she is doing your chore.

There is a WSUS for Vista, as I used it this morning in-between posts. I didn't mention it because it didn't find anything to add, so no solution there.

I'll need to check if this raggedy old thing can even handle 7, but if it can I suppose that is my next step. In which case I'll go radio silent for a time, since that'll be a two day download on boonies internet.
I just sent you a PM. Let me know if you need anything.

I'm not sure which arch I'm using. I think it's 64.

Make sure you're using Wine Staging 2.21. That one works for me. The latest does not work. The writeup above said 2.17, but I just checked, and I'm using 2.21. I've edited my post.
:)

KICKyoASS

Apr 12, 2018
what operating system you use if windows 7 try updating it or lower than windows 7 ultimate then install this
Very thx for the reply and help, dude.
I use windows 7, right, but I've got difficulties with updating since some update used to mess up my system, I have no idea which and I have no idea why. Don't wanna try it again, anyway I tried like 3-4 times already. I don't know, it should be closer to the basic win7 right now. Worth to try this link still?

KICKyoASS

Apr 12, 2018
Which operating system are you using?
Thx for reply.
I'm using windows 7. Well, some like the basic version...
Any ideas?

You could try this
1 Reinstalling your graphics drivers.
2 Disabling Full Screen Optimization:
2.1 Right click on Man of the house.exe and select properties.
2.2 Click on compatibility.
2.3 Disable fullscreen optimization.
2.4 Click apply and ok.
Thx for the reply and help.
Sounds good. Gonna try. I hope it helps...

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Thx for reply.
I'm using windows 7. Well, some like the basic version...
Any ideas?
Actually, yes.

Go into Control Panel, click "Windows Update", click "View Update History", click "Installed Updates" and in the top right where it says, "Search Installed Updates", paste this into the search box: KB2670838

If you don't see that listed, that's what's missing from your system.

If it's missing, go here:

Make sure you download the correct update for your system, install it and restart your computer.

Windows6.1-KB2670838-x64.msu is only for 64-bit operating systems.
Windows6.1-KB2670838-x86.msu is only for 32-bit operating systems.

Please note: For anyone using Windows 10, this fix will not work on your computer. You will need to follow the instructions found in this to correct the resolution error.

Aldicamper

Jan 30, 2018
Hi guys!

I´ve got a problem! The Game is working perfectly for me, but when it comes to the Sauna and Room scene, the screen turns black and I can´t see any pictures only the subtitles are shown. Somebody got a solution or that?

Greetings Aldicamper

jaydem

Sep 8, 2017
I and the Pigeon View attachment 121012 :cool::cool::cool:, We've news. Only two Days left, the new version comes this Friday, Debby, Veronica and Ashley will have the events, and @Faerin is doing everything for put all the events possibles, good Luck and good Work Amigo, We're waiting ;););)
You know @Carlo S
You could put a little "Press" ticket on the side of Brother Pigeon's hat, since he's delivering the news....Lol!!
Anyway, I'm awaiting with bated breath...……………….Peace!!

4.20 star(s) 254 Votes