Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Hi, waiting the new update too.
Hope i could use my savegames from 0.8.2....
The chances are slim but @Faerin mentioned that he'd provide a 100% save up to the end of 0.8.2 so let's hope that drops at the same time.

Yonotinc

Oct 10, 2018
The chances are slim but @Faerin mentioned that he'd provide a 100% save up to the end of 0.8.2 so let's hope that drops at the same time.
Yes, i saw it, but the problem is that i don´t finish it.. i´m new in those games...
Then better i keep my 0.8.2 version,
Download 0.8.3 and play it later, with the @Faerin savegame

Senun

Jan 22, 2018
New Content:
  • Redid all early/outdated content for Veronica.
  • Updated ALL of Veronica's dialogs to reflect changes in character relationships a lot better.
  • Claire's chores are no longer random, you (or Veronica) can do any chore you choose, nor do you need to talk to her first anymore.
Gameplay/map:
  • Updated the conditions for unlocking new girls and locations (this should be a lot more intuitive now).
  • Removed the stars, all progress is based on stat gain now.
  • Balanced the stat gains for Veronica.
  • Added a bunch of sounds effects and updated some old ones.
  • Added a flags menu to the cheat console, where you can view and edit flag values for all the girls (only recommended for fixing bugged games).
Hints:
  • Improved Veronica's hints.
  • Added a "tracking" option to the contact list, which will add a hint shortcut to the bottom left of your screen,
  • for up to 5 girls that will show the current location and on mouseover will show ALL available hints.
Tutorial:
  • Improved the tutorial UI.
  • Updated the tutorial to reflect all current game mechanics.
UI:
  • Improved the overall UI
  • Added UI animations (also added an option to turn them off in the phone settings).
  • A popup will now be shown when a new contact is added to your phone.
  • Added a short bio for each character, which you can view in the contacts list.
  • A popup will now be shown when you discover a new location.
  • Added a short description for each location, which you can view on the map.
  • Added the player as a contact on the phone, so your stats don't stay on screen all the time.
  • Added a tooltip description for each of the girls's stats on the contact list.
  • The achievements and quit button are now on your phone.
  • The phone and inventory buttons are now hidden during dialogs.
  • You can now use spacebar to skip through dialogs.
  • Locked dialog options are now grayed out and play an error sound when clicked.
  • New locations will now popup on your map, when you open it.
  • Improved NPC image transitions.
  • Locked navigation keyboard shortcuts when phone/inventory are open.
  • You will now unlock sex scenes for each girl (that has them already) after completing a special event (this will usually be her first sex scene).
  • Added a star icon to memories & cosplay image thumbnails, to indicate if they are new.
@cold_arctus no new content ? Why ppl are waiting so much the new version so ?

DarkDreamz

Aug 23, 2018
0.8.3 has no new content (same content as 0.8.2). Just start a new game...
As a rule of thumb, I always keep the 'older' version until I have finished the 'new' one, just in case you come across a previously unknown glitch that can halt your game, rather have the older 'playable version than none.

Reactions: Xumeey and DirkP

Cybernetics

Jun 18, 2018
@cold_arctus no new content ? Why ppl are waiting so much the new version so ?
Because it's a complete overhaul of the systems in the game. It was a buggy mess before and it just kept getting worse and worse. The system has been overhauled and is, for the most part, bug free in the upcoming official release. I played through the last closed beta release last night and reported all the bugs I found, which were not many, and they've all been fixed (minor ones). I think @Faerin mentioned he has fixed over 200 bugs reported by us closed testers. And I can tell you one thing, the game has been running smooth as butter the last few test releases. With the game being fixed and pretty much bug free, Faerin can now concentrate on content releases. Us closed testers are also staying on to help test and report bugs as we see them directly to Faerin so he can get them fixed right away instead of having them pile up.

Also, there is a new Hint system which took the majority of time for this rework. We tested the ever living crap out of it and tried to break it in so many ways (trust me, I broke the shit out of the game a few times, heh) but it's all been ironed out and working like a charm now. This is a small UI change to the game as well.

All in all, the wait was worth it. I have been a big fan of MotH for a long time, as many people here have been, and even if they played through all the v.8.2 content dozens of times by now waiting for this release... I feel they're all going to be extremely happy with what they get with the UI change, the new Hint system that doesn't need a walk through for 95% of the content, and a bug free experience (mostly) over what they had before

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
As a rule of thumb, I always keep the 'older' version until I have finished the 'new' one, just in case you come across a previously unknown glitch that can halt your game, rather have the older 'playable version than none.
I prefer a clean new start (I do this, because I normally wait for two or more updates).

Reactions: DirkP

DarkDreamz

Aug 23, 2018
Because it's a complete overhaul of the systems in the game. It was a buggy mess before and it just kept getting worse and worse. The system has been overhauled and is, for the most part, bug free in the upcoming official release. I played through the last closed beta release last night and reported all the bugs I found, which were not many, and they've all been fixed (minor ones). I think @Faerin mentioned he has fixed over 200 bugs reported by us closed testers. And I can tell you one thing, the game has been running smooth as butter the last few test releases. With the game being fixed and pretty much bug free, Faerin can now concentrate on content releases. Us closed testers are also staying on to help test and report bugs as we see them directly to Faerin so he can get them fixed right away instead of having them pile up.

Also, there is a new Hint system which took the majority of time for this rework. We tested the ever living crap out of it and tried to break it in so many ways (trust me, I broke the shit out of the game a few times, heh) but it's all been ironed out and working like a charm now. This is a small UI change to the game as well.

All in all, the wait was worth it. I have been a big fan of MotH for a long time, as many people here have been, and even if they played through all the v.8.2 content dozens of times by now waiting for this release... I feel they're all going to be extremely happy with what they get with the UI change, the new Hint system that doesn't need a walk through for 95% of the content, and a bug free experience (mostly) over what they had before
@Cybernetics, can't say I've ever come across anyone so delighted to 'break the shit out of a game' before...that said glad you did, because it means that the rest of us can enjoy the game more. (Bug free. Yea) so to you and all of the other closed testers, my thanks for all your hard work and I look forward to a more enjoyable experience for this next update and future ones. Thank you all.

Delletio

Oct 28, 2018
Ok, so this update has the same content as previous version, nothing is new. Well.. um.. completely not worth the wait for 2 weeks now.

ultorem13

Sep 10, 2018

TYVM for your work to allow all us player an smooth experience through the game :eazyHype:;)

Kev33lar

Jul 4, 2018
Ok, so this update has the same content as previous version, nothing is new. Well.. um.. completely not worth the wait for 2 weeks now.
I will share with you, what I also share with my Patrons:

Status v0.8.3.
Hey guys, as you all know v0.8.3 is a huge update and it has taken a lot longer than the regular 2 weeks.

Due to some unfortunate circumstances in my family, I haven't been able to work a lot this week, this combined with the size of this update turned out to be a bit too much.
So, I'm sorry to say I will have to postpone the release one more week, I really tried, but I don't want to release an unfinished or buggy game after all this time and effort.
I hope you all understand this and trust that I'll be back to 2-weekly updates after next week.
Sorry guys!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And here I thought this image was new, and an example of some new content. Oh well, I can wait another 2 weeks...

4.20 star(s) 255 Votes