OzBrit

Jan 31, 2018
Hey all - I have not played this game in a while but am up to about V 7.7 DOn't want to start from scratch at 8.5 and don't want to miss any content, can I get hold of version 8.3 somewhere so I can play up to there first then start in the latest version from the 100% Save??

Sleep Walker

Oct 19, 2017
Hi everyone Firstly Faerin and your team .... Your the MAN Thanks for a Great game.
I have played 8.5b and have some problems with Achievements like General (13, 14 and 15) , Amy (3) and Emma (2).
I know with all the knowledge I will have 100% in no time.
Thanks everyone

Reactions: Faerin

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Hey all - I have not played this game in a while but am up to about V 7.7 DOn't want to start from scratch at 8.5 and don't want to miss any content, can I get hold of version 8.3 somewhere so I can play up to there first then start in the latest version from the 100% Save??
The 8.3 one is included in the game.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
@Faerin, Not really a big deal for now, but on top of the gallery image not unlocking, it seems, completing the day at the beach achievement will clear the massage one, and getting the massage one will clear the beach one for Emma.

OzBrit

Jan 31, 2018
The 8.3 one is included in the game.
Thanks for your reply - but to clarify I understand saves prior to 8.3 don't work on 8.5 - Which I presume means I have to either start from scratch and replay everything up until 8.5 OR miss any content from when I last played Which is about 7.5, untill the 100% save in 8.5?? I didn't think a 100% save gave you any options on where to restart??

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Thanks for your reply - but to clarify I understand saves prior to 8.3 don't work on 8.5 - Which I presume means I have to either start from scratch and replay everything up until 8.5 OR miss any content from when I last played Which is about 7.5, untill the 100% save in 8.5?? I didn't think a 100% save gave you any options on where to restart??
Correct, and that one is 8.3, but a lot of little things have changed since you played, so it's worth starting over if you care about the story.

PhoenixFireeye

Nov 2, 2017
A lot has changed in the story in 8.3, the order of events, a lot of scenes have been reworked/reworded, and a whole lot of other things, so it's best to restart from the beginning. And don't worry, the game is a lot less grindy, so it shouldn't take long to finish this game. It's well worth it to restart.

OzBrit

Jan 31, 2018
A lot has changed in the story in 8.3, the order of events, a lot of scenes have been reworked/reworded, and a whole lot of other things, so it's best to restart from the beginning. And don't worry, the game is a lot less grindy, so it shouldn't take long to finish this game. It's well worth it to restart.
Thanks for your comments. This is a great game but yeah I was worried about all the grinding to get back to where I was so reassured by what you say :D

OzBrit

Jan 31, 2018
Correct, and that one is 8.3, but a lot of little things have changed since you played, so it's worth starting over if you care about the story.
Thanks for your comments. This is a great game but yeah I was worried about all the grinding to get back to where I was so reassured by what you say :D

Reactions: TheDevian
Dec 7, 2017
Yeah...........I restarted as well (using the Grindthrough guide), now tho with the 0.8.5b version (Fri, Day 5), as soon as I have finished the Biology tutoring with Ashleigh I no longer get a Luv heart, even after saying goodnight. WTF. At the same time helping Mom with the dishes, no Luv heart. Is something broken or am I doing something wrong, or is this how it is meant to play? Thanks.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yeah...........I restarted as well (using the Grindthrough guide), now tho with the 0.8.5b version (Fri, Day 5), as soon as I have finished the Biology tutoring with Ashleigh I no longer get a Luv heart, even after saying goodnight. WTF. At the same time helping Mom with the dishes, no Luv heart. Is something broken or am I doing something wrong, or is this how it is meant to play? Thanks.
The grindthrough is only mostly accurate now, a lot of things like that are changed, now none of the actions will give you unlimited points. just follow the ingame hints for the most part, and only check the guides if you get stuck. You will have a better experience.

Reactions: OzBrit

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017
Hi getting error when starting game. It is trying to switch resolution but getting an error. How frustrating first it was such a big download and then result is an error. I dont know what to do in this case. Can anyone help?

Rizwan

Oct 29, 2017
Hi getting error when starting game. It is trying to switch resolution but getting an error. How frustrating first it was such a big download and then result is an error. I dont know what to do in this case. Can anyone help?
Same problem, updated the driver but getting the same error again and again

Rizwan

Oct 29, 2017
@Faerin Can you please guide us to solve this error while launching the game ?

Switching to resolution 1366x768 failed, trying lower one
All resolution switches have failed
Screen: DX11 could not switch resolution (1366x768 fs=0 hz=0)

M@rio

May 1, 2017
How to get 58 pic of Emma? I have everything complete with her already, but this is locked still :/

Turalyon

Aug 19, 2017

Are you using Windows 10? If so, try right-clicking the ManoftheHouse.exe, go to compatibility and select ' disable full-screen optimalization'.

Otherwise, I'd recommend reinstalling your display drivers

I have Win 7, I play the game in 1600x900 and I never have a problem starting it

Rizwan

Oct 29, 2017
Are you using Windows 10? If so, try right-clicking the ManoftheHouse.exe, go to compatibility and select ' disable full-screen optimalization'.

Otherwise, I'd recommend reinstalling your display drivers
I am using Windows 7 and i have updated my display driver.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Same problem, updated the driver but getting the same error again and again

Your problem had been solved a long time ago. It's also mentioned in the Installation Guide 1.6 provided by Faerin in his download file. Here is the original post by Sycho, which will fix your problem.

Go here:

When you click the "Download" button, make sure you select the appropriate update for your system.

32-bit OS: Windows6.1-KB2670838-x86.msu
64-Bit OS: Windows6.1-KB2670838-x64.msu

Don't download both files.

After installation, restart your computer and try playing MotH.

4.20 star(s) 255 Votes