cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
How to avoid black screen when play sex scenes???
I think you mean the animation scenes. Here is a check list:

- Check if you have the StreamingAssets folder in man of the house_data.
- If yes, check your permissions for this folder.
- If no, extract the game again and deactivate your AV; or download the game again.
- Keep Windows up-do-date incl. additional updates. Most important is DirectX!
- install K-Lite Codec Mega Pack, it helps to repair broken codecs on your PC

Generally that means you do not have the correct codec for the video files.
Maybe this one will help you.
Not really necessary, because DirectX (and Windows) provides all codecs for the game. But as said above, it helps to repair them.The K-Lite pack is more important for Wine users.

By keaping your macine up to date !!! :p(y)
Actually your are completely right about your statement! ;) Basically the only thing I recommend to people is to update their system. This is IT-support 101 :LOL:

it.gif

Paulek

Jun 8, 2017
I have problem in latest version... I don't have toxedo in clothing store so I can't go on date with Veronica. Where I can buy it? Or it some kind of bug?
I played earlier version (I think it was 0.8) and as I remeber I bought it in clothing store at mall, but now there's none of it...
Any solution?

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I have problem in latest version... I don't have toxedo in clothing store so I can't go on date with Veronica. Where I can buy it? Or it some kind of bug?
I played earlier version (I think it was 0.8) and as I remeber I bought it in clothing store at mall, but now there's none of it...
Any solution?
You have to invite Veronica on Saturday to a date.. then you get the message that you need a tuxedo. Go to the Mall and buy it there. Next Saturday invite Veronika again to a date -> enjoy the date.

Reactions: Paulek

muthaluva

Aug 24, 2018
Sorry bud, wish I could help, I haven't seen that issue yet, and am on win7 as well, never needed to do anything special beyond that one windows update...

Wait, IIRC, you said you tried it but it wasn't for your system? Do you by chance have a 32bit version of windows 7? Maybe you need a different version of that update...? Other than that or maybe a codec issue, I am out of ideas atm.

I don't know, while I haven't tried that yet, as I have yet to get anything far enough along to be worth trying, so there might be more to it than I know, but unity has the option to do almost every platform. There could be some other issue though, like the UI might need to be adjusted, or something else with the design that needs to changed to make it work, like mouse over not being a thing in touch screen interfaces, making the hint system difficult for one example.

Re-download fixed it! Must have been a corrupted file in there somewhere, even though I didn't get a report on one during the extraction. I do have the 64bit version of Windows, and was trying the correct file for it - moot point now though. It's fixed! Yay!

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Who have compressed version?
This IS the compressed version, that is the only version you will get in Unity. There is no UNcompressed version.
Re-download fixed it! Must have been a corrupted file in there somewhere, even though I didn't get a report on one during the extraction. I do have the 64bit version of Windows, and was trying the correct file for it - moot point now though. It's fixed! Yay!
Glad to hear you got it working!
Not really necessary, because DirectX (and Windows) provides all codecs for the game. But as said above, it helps to repair them.The K-Lite pack is more important for Wine users.
I hate to disagree, but I have never heard of windows or Dx providing h264 or AVC codecs, maybe in 10, but not any I have worked with. CCCP might, but that won't always work for this, and is not good for editors. I know I had to install it to play videos using that codec.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I hate to disagree, but I have never heard of windows or Dx providing h264 or AVC codecs, maybe in 10, but not any I have worked with. CCCP might, but that won't always work for this, and is not good for editors. I know I had to install it to play videos using that codec.
You are not wrong, I just mean DirectX is enough for MotH. Just a few days ago I made a fresh install of Win7 on my VM and only updated Windows. After everything was done I tried MotH and it worked out of the box. Additional Codecs are still needed for external videos etc.. but not really for MotH ;)

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
You are not wrong, I just mean DirectX is enough for MotH. Just a few days ago I made a fresh install of Win7 on my VM and only updated Windows. After everything was done I tried MotH and it worked out of the box. Additional Codecs are still needed for external videos etc.. but not really for MotH ;)
Interesting, since that is what the videos themselves use (I was mostly guessing based on that fact), I guess the unity program includes them for its built in player. It is curious why so may have that problem. Other than the one windows update that was needed, maybe they broke their codecs with some other thing, hard to say. I guess that's a step we can skip then. :LOL:

Reactions: cold_arctus

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I guess the unity program includes them for its built in player
Faerin use a third party video plugin (AVPro Video) for MotH and the codecs are not shipped with them.. In wine you can actually see what the game does and how codecs + video player work together. All common codecs are shipped by Windows Media Foundation (Registry and Dlls).

If MotH would use Unity's build-in video player, Mac and Linux will no longer see the animation in the game, because Wine doesn't support Windows Media Foundation. Timestamps for example is a game, which use unity's video player. All Mac and Linux user have to use a VM to see the animation in the game.

maybe they broke their codecs with some other thing
This is possible or they have broken windows updates, or a regional Windows version like European and Korean people have (Windows 10 N and KN), where people have to install an optional Feature Pack.

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
Faerin use a third party video plugin (AVPro Video) for MotH and the codecs are not shipped with them.. In wine you can actually see what the game does and how codecs + video player work together. All common codecs are shipped by Windows Media Foundation (Registry and Dlls).

If MotH would use Unity's build-in video player, Mac and Linux will no longer see the animation in the game, because Wine doesn't support Windows Media Foundation. Timestamps for example is a game, which use unity's video player. All Mac and Linux user have to use a VM to see the animation in the game.

This is possible or they have broken windows updates, or a regional Windows version like European and Korean people have (Windows 10 N and KN), where people have to install an optional Feature Pack.
No offence, but you guys are blowing fuses in my cranium. Sorry to interrupt but I'm happy I can log on here yet alone all the shit your' saying. OK I'll get back to wacki'n

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
All common codecs are shipped by Windows Media Foundation (Registry and Dlls).
That must be new, because I have always had to install them in mine or most video will not play. Especially the more advanced ones like h264. ...Of course I encode video, so I have to do the full versions anyway, but still ...for most systems I build, I just install the CCCP, it works fine for most people. If windows included them all, those packs would not exist. :unsure: Oh well, with any luck I won't have to reinstall windows again for a while... (shit I just shot myself in the foot, didn't I?)
No offence, but you guys are blowing fuses in my cranium. Sorry to interrupt but I'm happy I can log on here yet alone all the shit your' saying. OK I'll get back to wacki'n
Sorry bud. :LOL: Just trying to figure out the best way to help people with certain issues.

4.20 star(s) 254 Votes