azretail

Sep 7, 2018
Hey . I've played this game before, and now I want to start where I left off, but I cant start from 8.5 because i dont have save file. Can someone give me pls?

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
There is a little bit of grind for the stats. But it's not really that bad. If it were any less, they might as well take out hours of the day, and split the day into morn/noon/afternoon/evening/night. Which btw, I'm not entirely sure is a bad thing. But it would probably feel less flexible.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
RE "grind":

This is totally subjective, but I think of MOTH as a sim game and part of the fun for me was to acquire the needed resources - money, presents and so on - to move the story forward. The are some games that make me feel like I'm doing something totally useless just to pad the run-time, but I didn't with this. Just my two cents...

Tristrix

Jun 30, 2019
RE "grind":

This is totally subjective, but I think of MOTH as a sim game and part of the fun for me was to acquire the needed resources - money, presents and so on - to move the story forward. The are some games that make me feel like I'm doing something totally useless just to pad the run-time, but I didn't with this. Just my two cents...
Only time I felt like I was grinding was with Sophia. Only having a single, fairly mundane option once per day for like three weeks to progress her didn't feel good. Otherwise yeah, it all worked pretty well

Viressa

May 24, 2018
I concur that Sophia is the only part of the game that still feels too grindy (it was really bad before the 0.8.3 reworking though). Although, to be fair, I've never played with the needs/stat management system turned on, because fuck that shit.

Tristrix

Jun 30, 2019
I concur that Sophia is the only part of the game that still feels too grindy (it was really bad before the 0.8.3 reworking though). Although, to be fair, I've never played with the needs/stat management system turned on, because fuck that shit.
I played with it in for about half the game until I got to the point where I was like "okay I get it, that's enough" and then I was very thankful for the option to turn that shit off

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
The reason that scene isn't triggering is because there were 138 changes to her flags, some of which were related to the bath scene. Some of them are way too high, so it will never trigger at all due to the bug that it's caused.

So you would need to start with an earlier save (from v0.8.3 or higher) and not use the flags console as a "cheat engine".
WE"RE NOT SUPPOSED TO MESS WITH THE FLAGS? WHY DIDN"T ANYBODY TELL ME?

:rolleyes:

Tristrix

Jun 30, 2019
Because they know better, and because MotH is to grindy to play without manipulating flags and their save file... :LOL:
Guys, seriously, y'all have got to let this shit go. If the ability to fuck with something is right there in the extras, of course people are going to fuck with it. Chill my dudes. It's the big red button with the sign that says "DO NOT PRESS" above it. It's human nature to want to press it.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Guys, seriously, y'all have got to let this shit go. If the ability to fuck with something is right there in the extras, of course people are going to fuck with it. Chill my dudes. It's the big red button with the sign that says "DO NOT PRESS" above it. It's human nature to want to press it.
The reason some of us are getting a bit annoyed over this is because we Test the game, so when someone says I can't get this scene to trigger and we get their save. We then have to look through it in case it's a bug we have missed, 99% of the time it isn't it's because someone has played with the Flag Console or manipulated the girls stats.
I agree with you over the big red button analogy but I could also say if there was a fire with a sign do not touch would you put your hand in it to find out why?
So when we find that someone has broke their game through doing something they shouldn't we call them out on it, not just to tell them they broke it because they did something they shouldn't have done, but also to deter others from making the same mistake, but no matter how many times we say don't do it people still do, how is that different from not putting your hand in the fire, with the fire you get burnt with this you break the game and have just wasted maybe hours of gameplay because you had to touch theres always a cosequence
Most do it because they don't like the grind to be honest it's been greatly reduced since 0.83 but there is still a bit of grind in the game, but you have to bear in mind it's a game not a VN and theres grinding in most AAA games why should this be any different
So hopefully now you understand why some of us get a bit bent out shape when someone breaks the game because they want it all and want it now

Tristrix

Jun 30, 2019
I guess if I made a game, I wouldn't have put the fire in it in the first place, "DO NOT TOUCH" sign or not. But it's in there and you can't expect people not to touch it. If they were decompiling the game and manually fucking around with saves and shit I could understand the frustration but I feel like in this case it's a self-imposed problem.

I mean, look at it this way, if you're testing the game, you've got a hand in creating something beautiful here. The characters are great and the h-scenes are pretty top notch. If people are eager to get to that content faster, isn't that a compliment to what you guys have created? Just... ya know... understand the dude wanted a quick fap to an Ashley bathtub scene because it's great content.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
I guess if I made a game, I wouldn't have put the fire in it in the first place, "DO NOT TOUCH" sign or not. But it's in there and you can't expect people not to touch it. If they were decompiling the game and manually fucking around with saves and shit I could understand the frustration but I feel like in this case it's a self-imposed problem.
Problem is when they spam discord, f95 etc about "bug they just found" which doesn't exist.... as it was user made error.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 252 Votes