cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Can anyone help me? Whenever a sex scene is happening I get a black screen with an error message saying failed to play video...after the scene is over the game works fine
Install newer drivers for you graphic card and try K-Lite Codec Pack (Standard or Mega).

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I will leave him to you goobdoob :p
Gee, thanks buddy! :ROFLMAO:

We should really get the troubleshooting guide back in the OP. The link to it on Mega is down.

i have mojave too, when i open the folder it appears this, when i click on man of thehouse.exe wines open but not run

DLC - Cosplay Collectables
DLC - High-res character wallpapers
FAQ V1.02.pdf
man of the house_Data
Man of the house.exe
mapping.xml
Mono
savegames
UnityCrashHandler32.exe
UnityPlayer.dll
There's an older install guide here: https://f95zone.to/threads/man-of-the-house-troubleshooting-help.14787/post-1311668 . Follow the Mac instructions.

You need a 32 bit wine prefix; if you've run 64 bit programs using wine you'll need to monkey around a bit.
You also need wine staging to get it to work; even several major versions after it worked in staging it didn't work in mainline wine.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
We should really get the troubleshooting guide back in the OP. The link to it on Mega is down.
Installation on Mac & Linux
Mac OS X Installation:
Not all versions of Wine are compatible with game, so it is recommended to use wine-staging 3.19.
You can download it from here.
You can find current version of Wine at WineHQ.
If you're an advanced wine user and have multiple configurations, make sure you update
WINEPREFIX to the one you want. If you don't know what this means, you can probably
ignore it. More info here.
Install xquartz from here.(Mac OS X contd.)
1. Download the Game, extract it, and move it to your Desktop.
2. Rename the Game’s folder to something short, for example to MotH.
3. Install Wine Staging. Feel free to move the app wherever you want.
4. Run Terminal.app and Copy and paste this command line:
ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL )" < /dev/null
2> /dev/null
Note: If the screen prompts you to enter a password, please enter your Mac's user password to
continue. When you type the password, it won't be displayed on screen, but the system will accept it. So
just type your password and press ENTER/RETURN key. Then wait for the command to finish.
5. Type this into the terminal: brew install winetricks (press Enter/Return key).
Then type: brew install cabextract (press Enter/Return key)
6. Close Terminal.app.
IMPORTANT: Due to a bug in Winetricks you have to use a 32bit Wineprefix environment!
7. Launch Wine Staging. It will open a shell window in Terminal.
8. Copy and paste this command line into the Terminal window, opened by Wine:
WINEPREFIX=~/.wine WINEARCH=win32 wineboot (press Enter/Return key)
Note: Wine is going to install Mono runners and create a hidden folder located in
users/YOURUSERNAME/.wine set as 32bit environment.
9. In the same window type: sh winetricks (press Enter/Return key)
Verify that #ARCH is set as win32 and not as wine64!
10. Use the same window and install MS-Fonts, type: sh winetricks corefonts (press Enter/Return key).
Note: corefonts is needed to show parts of the text in the Game.
11. Install other things to make animation playable, type: sh winetricks ffdshow quartz
Note: ffdshow delivers the video-codecs and quartz is needed for video support.
Select defaults for the installation.
When you get "Completing the ffdshow Setup Wizard", select "Run video decoder configuration" and
"Finish". Click "Tray, dialog & paths", then "Tray icons:" "None", "OK".
12. To run the Game, click on Wine Staging.app. In the Terminal window that pops up navigate to MotH’s
games folder located on the Desktop, type:
cd desktop (Press Enter/Return key)
cd MotH (since we renamed it in Step 2) (Press Enter/Return key)(Mac OS X contd.)
13. Type: wine "man of the house.exe" (Press Enter/Return key)
Note: If you forget to put the (“”) in front and behind the .exe, the game won’t start!
You can download this Mac command script to launch MotH under wine: You will
need to edit it with the location of Wine Staging, or use Wine Staging 3.19 and put it in /Applications
(the default installation location). To use, unzip and drop it into the MotH folder. Double click to launch.
Best I can offer.

Kondorito

Feb 10, 2020
Your Mac does both. You want a 32 bit wine prefix, which you will have unless you've explicitly made a 64 bit wine prefix.
Goobdoob, do you have by any chance a blank wine/skin wrapper for this game to share? I have several for all my games, but this one is the first posing complications. I am able to launch it (window to set up gameo resolution) and then game launxhes but the graphics are glitxhy colors...

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Goobdoob, do you have by any chance a blank wine/skin wrapper for this game to share? I have several for all my games, but this one is the first posing complications. I am able to launch it (window to set up gameo resolution) and then game launxhes but the graphics are glitxhy colors...
I was never able to get a wrapper to work with this game. I tried several, and tried changing the wine used by them to staging, but no luck.

The wrappers I've seen haven't been updated for years, so use old versions of wine.

I wrote a script that will launch it with a double click:
https://f95zone.to/threads/man-of-the-house-v1-0-2c-extra-faerin.3691/post-1267923

Smifffy

Apr 18, 2020
Not wanting to read through over 2 thousand pages....... is there a android port of this ?
If so could someone direct me towards the link please, thanks.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Not wanting to read through over 2 thousand pages....... is there a android port of this ?
If so could someone direct me towards the link please, thanks.
Learn how to use the search function before you ask a question which has been answered hundreds of times.
search.png

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
so i have to download 32 bit wine ?
Download wine staging 3.19, like it says in the install guide. That's what I use. Yes, there are newer versions, but that's what I tested.

tallahessee123

May 13, 2020
i love this game. i did'n play games like these but i play 3. man of the house, milf city and the dreams of desire.

This is much more slower action then the others. Is there any games like this. I want npcs dont want blow me when they see me in the first time. i want small peaces. thank you.

sorry for my english. english is not my first language.

Kondorito

Feb 10, 2020
Started playing it using Parallels in Mac, works fine, however I am trying to save now and it does not let me, saying "The game could NOT be saved! Make sure there are no illegal characters in the file name".
My MC name is just a regular John sort to say, and path for this game is a regular one. I will check sharing permissions in Parallels, but even if I fix it, I am so bummed to have to start all over again...

4.20 star(s) 254 Votes