Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Started playing it using Parallels in Mac, works fine, however I am trying to save now and it does not let me, saying "The game could NOT be saved! Make sure there are no illegal characters in the file name".
My MC name is just a regular John sort to say, and path for this game is a regular one. I will check sharing permissions in Parallels, but even if I fix it, I am so bummed to have to start all over again...
Make sure you're not playing MotH while it's still in the RAR. That would also cause continue to be locked.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Started playing it using Parallels in Mac, works fine, however I am trying to save now and it does not let me, saying "The game could NOT be saved! Make sure there are no illegal characters in the file name".
My MC name is just a regular John sort to say, and path for this game is a regular one. I will check sharing permissions in Parallels, but even if I fix it, I am so bummed to have to start all over again...
If you are still on Mojave (MacOS 10.14) then I would recommend to use Wine instead Parallels.

Kondorito

Feb 10, 2020
Make sure you're not playing MotH while it's still in the RAR. That would also cause continue to be locked.
I am not, unfortunately. Must be a permissions issue (thinking out loud).

If you are still on Mojave (MacOS 10.14) then I would recommend to use Wine instead Parallels.
I am running El Capitan, and I have already tried installing Wine, but for the life of me I could not make it work; maybe I did not follow the steps correctly.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I am running El Capitan...
Even better.

Download Wine-Staging 3.19 and goobdoob's old winetricks script from here.
• Install Wine Staging. Feel free to move the app wherever you want.
• Run Terminal. Run "sh" if your default shell is not bash.
• Winetricks will require a package called cabextract. To get that you need to install
homebrew. If you already have it installed, skip to the next step. Run
Code:
ruby -e "$(curl -
fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)" < /dev/null 2>
/dev/null
• brew install cabextract
• Launch Wine Staging. It will open a shell window in Terminal.
• cd to the location of winetricks. (I put it next to Wine Staging.app.)
• sh winetricks corefonts
• You need to install more things to get animations to run. sh winetricks ffdshow quartz
• Select defaults for the install
• When you get "Completing the ffdshow Setup Wizard", select "Run video decoder
configuration" and "Finish"
• Click "Tray, dialog & paths", then "Tray icons:" "None", "OK"
To run, double click Wine Staging.app. In the Terminal window that pops up, cd to the MotH
location and type:
wine "man of the house.exe"

Reactions: fsck

Kondorito

Feb 10, 2020
cold_arctus I was able to install it all. One thing to share is that the command line for homebrew gave me problems, so I went to the homebrew site and got it installed with a different cmd line:

/bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL )"

Unfortunately, after doing it all, it opens the Launcher, but when selecting "Play!", it still displays the same graphic glitches I am seeing with Wineskin, and nothing happens :(

Captura de pantalla 2020-05-15 a las 21.11.05.png

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
cold_arctus I was able to install it all. One thing to share is that the command line for homebrew gave me problems, so I went to the homebrew site and got it installed with a different cmd line:

Unfortunately, after doing it all, it opens the Launcher, but when selecting "Play!", it still displays the same graphic glitches I am seeing with Wineskin, and nothing happens :(

View attachment 658915
Did you install ffdshow, devenum, quartz and ms-fonts? (All with the wine).

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018

View attachment 658915
can you check if an "output.log" file is created in your .wine folder (hidden folder on your system)?
(/home/YourUserName/.wine/drive_c/users/YourUserName/AppData/LocalLow/Faerin/Man of the house).

tallahessee123

May 13, 2020
i love claire path. she and goldberg wants same thing but they cant do it. they are building relationship one step at a time. she saw dick, then look cerafully, then stare, then watch while jerk off. then rubbing while yoga etc. etc.

can anyone suggest me game like this. i played one other game. in that game my charecter look at his landlady at first shot. and jerk off her ass first night. and shet touch character's dick in the first morning.

I want little progress. like claire's path. and again sorry for my english.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Can anyone please answer my question
Does installing these games in windows systems affect our OS or System in any way
I have never downloaded any sort of application thinking that it may effect my operating system or my whole laptop inorder to speak
So CAN ANYONE PLEASE GIVE ME A CLARIFICATION
Mate.. you have Windows installed... you already infected your computer with everything possible.. :LOL:

Running this game will do nothing to your computer.. Btw, NSA/Chinese Gov. already knows everything about you and your kinks. So rest assure and enjoy the game.

Reactions: james steele

Kondorito

Feb 10, 2020
Did you install ffdshow, devenum, quartz and ms-fonts? (All with the wine).
Thanks for chiming in; I installed the ones the guide said, so it was all of those and corefonts, not ms-fonts. Although checking the Terminal responses this seems to be a graphical issue related to the glsl/shaders.

can you check if an "output.log" file is created in your .wine folder (hidden folder on your system)?
(/home/YourUserName/.wine/drive_c/users/YourUserName/AppData/LocalLow/Faerin/Man of the house).
There is one, although it does not say much (I think):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Here is the verbose from the Wine Terminal when the game is running:

I checked in some forums about this type of issue, and followed lots of advises like winetricks d3ddecompiler_43, reducing the maxshaders and disabling glsl in the registry, but either it gets me the same graphical glitch, or the game does not launch at all. I know this must be something silly Wine is missing that the VM has it, but I can figure it out.

Thank you guys for helping with this!

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Thanks for chiming in; I installed the ones the guide said, so it was all of those and corefonts, not ms-fonts. Although checking the Terminal responses this seems to be a graphical issue related to the glsl/shaders.

There is one, although it does not say much (I think):

Here is the verbose from the Wine Terminal when the game is running:

I checked in some forums about this type of issue, and followed lots of advises like winetricks d3ddecompiler_43, reducing the maxshaders and disabling glsl in the registry, but either it gets me the same graphical glitch, or the game does not launch at all. I know this must be something silly Wine is missing that the VM has it, but I can figure it out.

Thank you guys for helping with this!
I never saw anything like this before.. what is the output of Winetricks quartz and devenum? Are they really installed? Also try to install the missing d3dcompiler + d3dx11 dlls.

Kondorito

Feb 10, 2020
cold_arctus nope. Ran it and it said it is missing Zenity to display the GUI, so I am installing it atm via brew. Will check afterwards the GUI and install all the dx missing stuff.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
that's normal if i can't reload my previous game when i'm launching ?
If you're playing it from the RAR it is. It needs extracted first to its own folder in order to create saves to load later. If it's played via the RAR, it's unable to create a save folder. If you do have the game extracted to a clean folder, then the other reason you can't load your save is one wasn't created, so by default it's using the auto.sav file.

In order to load your autosave, first make sure the file exists. Check the "savegames" folder in \Man of the House\savegames. If you see your autosave there, start a new game and as soon as you can access the phone, click on the up arrow and load your auto.sav file from the list. Then, click on the down arrow, click "empty slot" and create a new save. Click the green check mark. Now you have a save that you will load every time you restart your game. Just make sure to save to it prior to exiting at any time.

Last edited:

Kondorito

Feb 10, 2020
cold_arctus installed the GUI and the decompilers and dx11 dlls, but the same thing happened.

Don't worry; don't want to take any more of your time nor derail this game topic into an issue only occurring to me. Thank you very much for your time :) I can play it through Parallels, so it is not like I won't be able to play this awesome game at all.

Cheers!

Nov 18, 2019
I've reached to the end of the game and Ashley's hints says "i feel like I missed an important item somewhere"
What's the game talking about

4.20 star(s) 254 Votes