Jake2000

Oct 14, 2018
Which language are you using in the game? I do know there is an issue with (and I'm trying to go from memory here as it's been a while) the Italian translations where there is a typo with regard to "weekend" (in the Italian version) vs "weekday" (in the English and other translations -- AFAIK).
Dude, I'm using English language translation in not a problem. I told you, it's like pressing macro keys at 1ms repeatedly and endlessly. I assuming you know what macro keys are.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: no1milfhunter

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Dude, I'm using English language translation in not a problem. I told you, it's like pressing macro keys at 1ms repeatedly and endlessly. I assuming you know what macro keys are.
Yes, I do. I used to run macros on my IRCd back in the 90s as an admin. And I've been doing bug testing/tech/game support for Faerin for 4 years now (starting with MotH from v0.8.2). So I can tell you from firsthand experience, especially when testing or having to look at a player's save (even to this day), I have never seen this issue before in the three years since its Steam release or prior to. Not to mention, no one else has ever reported a problem like this on here, Faerin's Patreon (when it was still in development), on Steam or on Discord. So I'm sorry if asking questions to get an idea what's going on at your end upsets you, but "dude"... It's my fucking job to ask questions like these. I'm neither a mind reader nor can I see over your shoulder to know what's going on. So quit assuming.

Jake2000

Oct 14, 2018
Yes, I do. I used to run macros on my IRCd back in the 90s as an admin. And I've been doing bug testing/tech/game support for Faerin for 4 years now (starting with MotH from v0.8.2). So I can tell you from firsthand experience, especially when testing or having to look at a player's save (even to this day), I have never seen this issue before in the three years since its Steam release or prior to. Not to mention, no one else has ever reported a problem like this on here, Faerin's Patreon (when it was still in development), on Steam or on Discord. So I'm sorry if asking questions to get an idea what's going on at your end upsets you, but "dude"... It's my fucking job to ask questions like these. I'm neither a mind reader nor can I see over your shoulder to know what's going on. So quit assuming.
It seems that you think that I somehow being rude to you. I am not a native english speaker. That's why I wrote 'dude' to be polite and to avoid any misunderstanding between us. Making example of macro's was the only way to explain my problem. But, you seems to take offense anyway, even though it was never my intention.

Now this time I'm not being polite.
I've been adjusting my amd settings the graphics thinking it might solve this problem.
I tried lowing my monitor's refresh rate to match the game's, and it didn't work.
I downloaded original game again, and it didn't work.
I downloaded compressed version, and it didn't work.
I completely deleted all games files from appdata and moved the game to another disk, and it didn't work.
I tried to use different mouse, thinking it my solve it, and it didn't work.
I disabled keyboard in device manage thinking, my keyboard key might be pressing all the time, and it did't work.
While you were explaining to me how great of a developer you are and how much experience you have.

• Angry

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
It seems that you think that I somehow being rude to you. I am not a native english speaker. That's why I wrote 'dude' to be polite and to avoid any misunderstanding between us. Making example of macro's was the only way to explain my problem. But, you seems to take offense anyway, even though it was never my intention.

Now this time I'm not being polite.
I've been adjusting my amd settings the graphics thinking it might solve this problem.
I tried lowing my monitor's refresh rate to match the game's, and it didn't work.
I downloaded original game again, and it didn't work.
I downloaded compressed version, and it didn't work.
I completely deleted all games files from appdata and moved the game to another disk, and it didn't work.
I tried to use different mouse, thinking it my solve it, and it didn't work.
I disabled keyboard in device manage thinking, my keyboard key might be pressing all the time, and it did't work.
While you were explaining to me how great of a developer you are and how much experience you have.
I never stated I WAS a developer. I said that I work WITH a developer; there's a big difference between the two.

And in all that information you supplied, not once did you state what OS you are using or your system specs. So adding all of the above defeats the purpose of trying to come up with a solution to the problem you are having without knowing at least something about what you're running. The computer I test from uses the following specs:

System (custom built by me):
Motherboard: Asus X570 Pro.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x (8-core).
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 DRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000).
Video card: AMD Radeon RX 580 series (8GB VRAM).

BTW, I highly doubt your video card is the cause of the problem. In fact, I'm nearly 100% certain of that. Since this issue has never been reported previously (as I've mentioned three times now), the cause is likely OS/hardware related and not the game. As far as a "compressed" version of the game, there isn't one and there won't be one. This game (based on the Unity engine) is as "compressed" as it's going to get.

Possible solutions:
  1. Download and install the latest runtimes. Extract the files to a temporary folder (which you can delete later) and run the included "install_all.bat" file.
  2. Download and install the latest pack.
  3. Check for updates for your OS and make sure you have it set to "Receive updates for other Microsoft products when you update Windows" (if you use Windows 10).
  4. Make sure you do not have the game's folder in multiple sub-folders. If that is the case, move the game's folder to root.

Reactions: TheDevian

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
My first guess would be a problem with the input device (laptop keyboard with function keys, touchpad). But since it apparently is only happening when actually playing, a problem with the runtimes sounds more plausible.
Make sure no input changing software like the one shipped with logitech keyboards and mice is running, just to be sure.

Btw, from one non native english speaker to another. Calling someone in support / who is trying to help you 'dude' and then qustioning his qualification ... that is not a good way to make friends. I would probably feel a bit insulted as well - in any language.

Just answer the questions, maybe he'll see something that could indeed cause the problem.
Start with the question about your system setup.
If it's windows 10 or 11, can you also post the version? The first windows 10 has not much in common with the last one.

Kawas

Jul 17, 2018
How to see the bonus ending what do i have to press? Every stat is maxed, i've seen all scenes and done all the dates

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
How to see the bonus ending what do i have to press? Every stat is maxed, i've seen all scenes and done all the dates
If you have indeed all images unlocked in the gallery and found all collectible cards (by the way, in event of urgent need you can cheat that with the in game cheat menu) you need to

Raise mom's suspicion to 5 by doing the group yoga teaming up with Veronica or being on the beach going with Veronica

Raise Ashley's jealousy to 5 in the same way at yoga/beach day by teaming up with mom

Reactions: TheDevian and Sycho

Jake2000

Oct 14, 2018
I give up.
My first guess would be a problem with the input device (laptop keyboard with function keys, touchpad). But since it apparently is only happening when actually playing, a problem with the runtimes sounds more plausible.
Make sure no input changing software like the one shipped with logitech keyboards and mice is running, just to be sure.

Btw, from one non native english speaker to another. Calling someone in support / who is trying to help you 'dude' and then qustioning his qualification ... that is not a good way to make friends. I would probably feel a bit insulted as well - in any language.

Just answer the questions, maybe he'll see something that could indeed cause the problem.
Start with the question about your system setup.
If it's windows 10 or 11, can you also post the version? The first windows 10 has not much in common with the last one.
I was about to give up. But, then I read you comment about input device. So, I though what will happen if I connect my controller to pc and play the game. And, that worked(somewhat).
So, now if I keep my controller connected via bluetooth to my pc, the game works fine. As soon as I disconnect my controller, the problem comes back, which is weird, because in theory my controller should cause this problem if my controller is broke, but my controller in not broker, I used it in other games and my controller works just fine.
So, I'm guessing some keys is been inputting my pc when my controller in not connected but the problem goes away when I connect my controller which eliminating they key input.
But another question arises, why this is happening in only in app(this game). I also used online keyboard and mouse tester to see which key is been inputting itself during idle. But I found none. And I also tested my controller in windows controller calibration setting and my controller is also not inputting any keys in idle.

As for the misunderstanding, I say it again, I never meant any rudeness, "Dude" is like "brother" in my language. And as for the questioning Sycho's ability/knowledge. I never doubted him at all. I mean, I still don't get it. " I assuming you know what macro's are" somehow questioned his ability/knowledge. I really really, don't get it. And again I was not being rude at all.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Yay, new update!

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I give up.

I was about to give up. But, then I read you comment about input device. So, I though what will happen if I connect my controller to pc and play the game. And, that worked(somewhat).
So, now if I keep my controller connected via bluetooth to my pc, the game works fine. As soon as I disconnect my controller, the problem comes back, which is weird, because in theory my controller should cause this problem if my controller is broke, but my controller in not broker, I used it in other games and my controller works just fine.
So, I'm guessing some keys is been inputting my pc when my controller in not connected but the problem goes away when I connect my controller which eliminating they key input.
But another question arises, why this is happening in only in app(this game). I also used online keyboard and mouse tester to see which key is been inputting itself during idle. But I found none. And I also tested my controller in windows controller calibration setting and my controller is also not inputting any keys in idle.

As for the misunderstanding, I say it again, I never meant any rudeness, "Dude" is like "brother" in my language. And as for the questioning Sycho's ability/knowledge. I never doubted him at all. I mean, I still don't get it. " I assuming you know what macro's are" somehow questioned his ability/knowledge. I really really, don't get it. And again I was not being rude at all.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's all good, the most important thing is that it's working for you now (sort of).

That the gamepad causes changes in the key input behaviour is strange indeed. Is it a XBox 360 gamepad (or compatible)?
Microsoft changed directinput fom Windows 8 to Windows 10, that caused quite some games to crash if such a gamepad was connected. The solution was to get a Windows 8 version of the directinput.dll and put it in the game directory.
Even if in your case it's the other way around (it works with gamepad connected), the same workaround might solve the problem.

ps: Just came to my mind: Also I found that Steam for some reason changes some buttons on my gamepad (pressing the left stick shows a virtual keyboard) and I can't deactivate that. So make sure that junk software doesn't run when you try playing the game. Run nothing that changes any input devices.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDevian and Sycho

Kawas

Jul 17, 2018
If you have indeed all images unlocked in the gallery and found all collectible cards (by the way, in event of urgent need you can cheat that with the in game cheat menu) you need to

Raise mom's suspicion to 5 by doing the group yoga teaming up with Veronica or being on the beach going with Veronica

Raise Ashley's jealousy to 5 in the same way at yoga/beach day by teaming up with mom
Done that already. Still i can't seem to watch the final ending, when i press think about the future

Jake2000

Oct 14, 2018
It's all good, the most important thing is that it's working for you now (sort of).

That the gamepad causes changes in the key input behaviour is strange indeed. Is it a XBox 360 gamepad (or compatible)?
Microsoft changed directinput fom Windows 8 to Windows 10, that caused quite some games to crash if such a gamepad was connected. The solution was to get a Windows 8 version of the directinput.dll and put it in the game directory.
Even if in your case it's the other way around (it works with gamepad connected), the same workaround might solve the problem.

ps: Just came to my mind: Also I found that Steam for some reason changes some buttons on my gamepad (pressing the left stick shows a virtual keyboard) and I can't deactivate that. So make sure that junk software doesn't run when you try playing the game. Run nothing that changes any input devices.
No I have PowerA controller. That's the only controller I got. I think I should borrow another controller from some to see if the same problem occurs.

• Angry

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
No I have PowerA controller. That's the only controller I got. I think I should borrow another controller from some to see if the same problem occurs.
You might also want to test another keyboard, by the sounds of it.

Jake2000

Oct 14, 2018
You might also want to test another keyboard, by the sounds of it.
I tried other keyboard but it didn't work. Since, literally nobody has faced this problem. I believe, something has to do with controller which is causing this problem. I tried reinstalling all the peripherals drivers. But nothing seems to work. So, I gave up. I just have to finish this game while my controller is plugged in. Which is not the worst thing in the world.

lonelyandfool

Sep 29, 2021
Hi. I've done all possible things with Ashley and still missing two pics (21 and 22), maybe I skipped somehting in the walkthrough.
If I use the "unlock all the memories" will I still get the achievements?
Should I redo all of her route and read the walkthrough carefully? Or are those two pics (21 and 22) still possible to get?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Hi. I've done all possible things with Ashley and still missing two pics (21 and 22), maybe I skipped somehting in the walkthrough.
If I use the "unlock all the memories" will I still get the achievements?
Should I redo all of her route and read the walkthrough carefully? Or are those two pics (21 and 22) still possible to get?
It's better to use the in-game hints, not the walkthrough, for anything other than dates and collectables.

For #21 - #22, you need to reward her for doing her homework, and ejaculate without zoom in.

lonelyandfool

Sep 29, 2021
It's better to use the in-game hints, not the walkthrough, for anything other than dates and collectables.

For #21 - #22, you need to reward her for doing her homework, and ejaculate without zoom in.
Thank you. Your hint helped me get those two pics without redoing all Ashley's route.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019

Oh, I remember that, yeah, that one was a meanie. Different unlocks just by camera ...

4.20 star(s) 255 Votes