Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
@

Noticed this minor error also using the newest fixed version my player was had the name mike after having to download that codex crap now the MC's name is NEO and everytime I close the game and start it back up I have to switch it from French to English. The aunts name is still ??? when talking to her and when people are talking about her.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
@

Actually I just had to delete out the 2 save files that came with the Man of the house v0.7.0b (extra).rar file once those were deleted it went back to being in English when the game was started and it stayed that away even after closing the game and bring it back up. Also NEO and Mike are dead and gone and my players name is back again. The aunt is still listed as ??? though.
@

Using the save that came with the zip caused issues with my game. When using my save file the aunt now no longer appears she did before I installed that codec stuff and tried the new hot fix she doesn't anymore. But now that I know what she looks like so I'm placing her into the mom list and going back to hoping for more content with Sophie Ashley or Veronica's friend.

Well I have to say the Veronica's scene in the sauna was pretty good I did see one spot that did look a bit weird. If you watch as her hips come forward if you look at the MC's dick it looks like it's laying on his belly pointing towards their head/going into her butt. I think I would of probably would of had her placed back a little more on the MC's lap so that when she moved forward you wouldn't see his dick at all from the back and then it wouldn't look as weird.

But atleast this scene was better then that officer rapist/molestor crap and I hope to never see her again but if we do I hope she'll have her badge ripped from her and her corrupt ass will be behind bars getting molested and shit from a huge butch girl.

Other then that I think I'll wait till the next update and hopefully the aunt stuff will be worked out by then.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
With the Links provided in the OP the game still crashes.
When I could make a wish, b/c I didn't have any hopes for the animations. @Faerin make the animations optional. This way we could enjoy this game without any disturbance and people like me, who didn't like most of the animations in these games, could play in peace.
Animation doesn't work for me as well. I tried both option on OP but nothing.
windows

Tried both options as well neither worked and game locks up. so cannot even progress with stills.

edit : Has anyone that it wasnt working for gotten it to work or are these guesses to the solution?
I just went through 6 pages, so I might miss some comments, but here are answers to the most common questions:

The savegames in the hotfox: just delete them.
Theser are just a(nother) result of working around the clock and are some bugged games I was testing :noexpression:

About the animation bug, specifically on Windows 8 (it seems), I'm looking into that, no idea as of yet.
I'm using webm and on Windows 8 those are played using DirectShow I believe.

I do intend to make the animations optional, as the size of the animations might grow in the future, so this would allow for a standalone animation pack.

If anyone has some more information on getting the animations to play on Windows 8, please let me know.

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
About the animation bug, specifically on Windows 8 (it seems), I'm looking into that, no idea as of yet.
I'm using webm and on Windows 8 those are played using DirectShow I believe.
Just to add to the list of people
Aspire V3-772, i7 2.2Ghz, 8Gb RAM, Nvidia GForce GT750M 2Gb VRAM
W8.1 (running classic shell)
KLite codecs have been installed on my machine for a long time
WebM play fine in GOM Player for me.
I can comfortably run Neverwinter Online in Good settings yet Veronica freezes the minute I think "I wonder if I can cum in her mouth".
I must say I'm very disappointed as Veronica is my favourite and if there is no further action with her, I'd probably call it quits.

All said an done, I was impressed with the way her boobs morphed as she changed positions in the sauna. Funny thought just struck me - the freeze happens in the sauna....

sobeedge

Dec 8, 2017
hmm only thing i can think is to get the internet explorer 9 wmf webm package as thats onlt rhing i have installed on my win 8.1 lappy and works fine for me thinking its using windows media foudation to play not directshow.... i could be wrong but its a suggestion i posted link so can read the the ie9 install insnt just for browser but all system apps if want to read

Reactions: Carcalla and Faerin

bernardino

Dec 16, 2017
Is there any chance that the animations with windows vista work?
When it reaches the sauna it blocks and does not allow me to move forward.
I already imagined that this moment would come to use sight and be obsolete to continue the game.
Thank you very much for any advice and forgive the translation.

LeRescator

Jan 30, 2018
Good morning Brothers!!!:):):)

Enjoy the new update, if you encounter problems read the last pages of the forum before asking for a post, solutions are proposed by Faerin, Rwaites, Carlos, Jaguarundi and many others , as well as download links.
Faerin has gone to the next level in the game, adding video that of course can lead to various problems of codec and incompatibility, but I still say read the last pages of the forum your solutions are there!
The game goes ahead with this update (0.70b), the work is huge for Faerin who wants to improve the game for our good, thank you again to him for our pleasure.:)

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
Not sure that this will help at all but I tried the two different fixes for the sauna bug and still freezing with the mc wondering if he can cum in her mouth I spent an hour pressing the minus and plus sign as well as the hide the hud eye and still asking the question I alt tabbed and alt entered and still asking the same thing but I did notice that when I was pressing the alt enter there was a info box that was always just off screen till i pressed alt enter to force it to a window though when i tried to open the game in a window I was unable to see the info box. This box was telling me what the minus and sign did as well as the eyeball it did however never slide further up the screen to see it fully as I was only seeing the top portion of the box and words

Barioz

Oct 9, 2017
you use widows 7 then you need this one

Didn't fix the Problem.
What shitty codec is Faerin using? K-lite is a MASSIVE malware vector.
Is there any chance that the animations with windows vista work?
When it reaches the sauna it blocks and does not allow me to move forward.
I already imagined that this moment would come to use sight and be obsolete to continue the game.
Thank you very much for any advice and forgive the translation.
@Jess Kristensen Please stop linking to the K-Lite codec pack. A codec pack can have severe consequences as it overwrites things on your system not asking if necessary or not. It's better to only install the specific codec needed.

That's why I uploaded the codec here and it's also linked in OP:

However, I can only confirm this works with Win7. It seems Win8/8.1 still having issues afterwards. Anybody using Vista just try it.

Barioz

Oct 9, 2017
hmm only thing i can think is to get the internet explorer 9 wmf webm package as thats onlt rhing i have installed on my win 8.1 lappy and works fine for me thinking its using windows media foudation to play not directshow.... i could be wrong but its a suggestion i posted link so can read the the ie9 install insnt just for browser but all system apps if want to read
To all guys with Win 8/8.1: I want to highlight this post of @sobeedge again as it probably gets overlooked quickly. Can you try to install the package from here and check again if the animations work:

Thanks!

Mordhain

Feb 15, 2018
@Faerin, I don't know if this is a bug, but I thought you would want to know about it since it could frustrate those playing the game for the first time. I started a new game after the update just to experience it all again, and there have been a few times when the sleeping naked so Claire(Mom) sees you sort of glitches. Instead of the usual interaction that normally takes place there is nothing but the room. No MC is on the bed and no Claire in the door. It's as though the script that's supposed to fire at that point doesn't. It doesn't happen every time, so it's not game breaking. But it has happened a few times so far. It's just something I thought you might want to check.

Edit: I'm not sure if it's happened since I switched to the hotfix version, since I can't remember if the last time it happened was before or after I switched. It was getting late at the time.

4.20 star(s) 255 Votes