4.40 star(s) 19 Votes

Should I wait to release till caught up or just release every few days I get done?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
Greetings Phalzyr,

I encountered a bug in the funniest of moments:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I've attached the traceback & save file.

(this is v0.27 without the patch, btw)
looks like he added a new audio file in his latest version and I missed copying it over :/ and somehow it didn't error on me when testing which is weird...

Reactions: Minoin

Tenstepsback

Sep 28, 2017
That is a good question, at searching my code, that var that is check I can't find where it is ever set to 1 hmmm. I know she can't be pregnant on day 30-32... and my save games fires the events but at quick glance I don't see how lol I'll have to look more into it..

Hmmm I looked at orig code and that var is suppossed to be set on day 29 if you do Ghellar scenes a certain way but I don't see that in my code so I must have missed it :/ I think it is time for me to work on the start any day feature for this beast... see if any other var get checked that are never set. not sure how my testing got past that issue... well here is the updated day29 till i get a real patch with start any day up...
Thanks man much appreciated

Minoin

Jan 16, 2018
What are the prerequisites to get Ghellar to have sex with Manila at the Hotel and not just be satisfied with a handjob? I've done it before casually but for some reason it's not triggering when I'm actually trying to get it.
Tenstepsback, to answer your question:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hope it helps ;-)
Minoin!

Last edited:

Minoin

Jan 16, 2018
Okay updated OP with the Start any day patch. Let me know if you have any issues with it or would like other choice to be selectable like the four main ones there now.
This is really fantastic Phalzyr!

I played with it briefly and it seems to work with the options I tried.

Two first impressions:
  • The Justice-Corruption is either-or: can there be a 50-50 option (so equal Justice-corruption)? In some scenes, it will be easier since you can fine-tune their values in the cheats section. (Alternatively, you could add 'remove' Justice/Corruption buttons beside the 'add' buttons).
  • The start any day option is now only shown in the main menu. Can it also be added to the 'right-click' (save) window? I know it's a small effort to go to the main menu, but sometimes you would want to check some saves before re-starting a game at a certain stage, and this would make it easier to do so.
Regarding the start choices: as it is now -with only these 4 variables-, it's more difficult to jump too much ahead in the story since you would have to start at the scene/day that branches off certain paths of interest.
There may be some options like Mason yes/no (fugitive quest), temple chest yes/no, if you win/lost most fights, or if you arrested or killed enemies after fights. I do not know however if these would be easy to implement as some choices are complementary and may break the game if both are disabled/enabled. I'll leave these to your judgment.

But that said, I love this addition and it just made the game even better than before!! Thank a million! :D
Keep up the fantastic work,
Minoin!

Reactions: Phalzyr

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
This is really fantastic Phalzyr!

I played with it briefly and it seems to work with the options I tried.

Two first impressions:
  • The Justice-Corruption is either-or: can there be a 50-50 option (so equal Justice-corruption)? In some scenes, it will be easier since you can fine-tune their values in the cheats section. (Alternatively, you could add 'remove' Justice/Corruption buttons beside the 'add' buttons).
  • The start any day option is now only shown in the main menu. Can it also be added to the 'right-click' (save) window? I know it's a small effort to go to the main menu, but sometimes you would want to check some saves before re-starting a game at a certain stage, and this would make it easier to do so.
Regarding the start choices: as it is now -with only these 4 variables-, it's more difficult to jump too much ahead in the story since you would have to start at the scene/day that branches off certain paths of interest.
There may be some options like Mason yes/no (fugitive quest), temple chest yes/no, if you win/lost most fights, or if you arrested or killed enemies after fights. I do not know however if these would be easy to implement as some choices are complementary and may break the game if both are disabled/enabled. I'll leave these to your judgment.

But that said, I love this addition and it just made the game even better than before!! Thank a million! :D
Keep up the fantastic work,
Minoin!
Justice-Corruption split: Possible but would be better implemented with choice like those you mention later. Basically right now if justice is chosen she'll win/arrest each path she goes along... Corruption will lose fights that are needed to get more corrupt..

start on game menu... Unfortunately that is just how renpy works, but you know i never have tried putting start on game menu, so not sure if it breaks anything or not... I could make it ask if you are sure if you are in a game, just like the quit does... hmmm I can try it and see if it crashes... The regular start is by default on main menu only so just done same with my start :D

Mason, etc... I was thinking of including him as a choice as well as john doe, but saw that typically "corrupt" gets most everything. I just wanted to get something out there and can always overwhelm player with options later :D I can alos make it default toggle most of those options when Corrupt/Justice is chosen... It's not really that difficult to make more options now that the function itself is done, adding stuff is rather simple in comparison to implementing it. So many vars and switches this games uses, and in more than just the day files... Finding which var does what and adding options at this point is simple enough. Just knowing the menu option that triggers the choice wanting to control is enough :D (Note that win/lose fights are actually menu options ;) )

Reactions: Echbert

Minoin

Jan 16, 2018
Justice-Corruption split: Possible but would be better implemented with choice like those you mention later. Basically right now if justice is chosen she'll win/arrest each path she goes along... Corruption will lose fights that are needed to get more corrupt..
Aha, that makes sense.... I forgot that it's not only a numerical value but a choice-based sum. Smart! :D

start on game menu... Unfortunately that is just how renpy works, but you know i never have tried putting start on game menu, so not sure if it breaks anything or not... I could make it ask if you are sure if you are in a game, just like the quit does... hmmm I can try it and see if it crashes... The regular start is by default on main menu only so just done same with my start :D
I understand ... And exposes how little I know of the inner mechanics of RenPy ;D

Mason, etc... I was thinking of including him as a choice as well as john doe, but saw that typically "corrupt" gets most everything. I just wanted to get something out there and can always overwhelm player with options later :D I can alos make it default toggle most of those options when Corrupt/Justice is chosen... It's not really that difficult to make more options now that the function itself is done, adding stuff is rather simple in comparison to implementing it. So many vars and switches this games uses, and in more than just the day files... Finding which var does what and adding options at this point is simple enough. Just knowing the menu option that triggers the choice wanting to control is enough :D (Note that win/lose fights are actually menu options ;) )
Sounds good: lots of potential there, it seems: it reminds me of the cheat function of games like 'lab rats2', where you have a window with a list of on-off toggles... I'm curious to see how this will evolve... (And I personally always prefer being overwhelmed than underwhelmed, so I'm excited about the prospects ;))

Thanks for the explanation, and as always, keep up the great work!! I love what you're doing to the game.:love:
Minoin!

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I had fun shooting and beating the shit out of every shit stain in the game.

I found it weird that on the one day when you go to buy the phone that there are still a list of other stuff to buy for fighting. Since fighting is now done by clicking yes or no those items should be removed from the list as there is no point in having them there in the remake as they do nothing.

There was a missing Punch_Kick_Body_Impact04.ogg error that I hit when fighting the one dude in the restroom but I just made a copy of Punch_Kick_Body_Impact02.ogg and renamed it to Punch_Kick_Body_Impact04.ogg.

Not sure if this is just in this one or is also in the original.

When you go to the warehouse and confront the kidnappers. You shoot the one and Michael shoots the 2nd one. Later when in the LT's office and he asks what happened she states that she killed both of them instead of saying that she and Michael had to kill them.

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
I found it weird that on the one day when you go to buy the phone that there are still a list of other stuff to buy for fighting. Since fighting is now done by clicking yes or no those items should be removed from the list as there is no point in having them there in the remake as they do nothing.
Actually some of those items do have meaning outside of combat... one in particular the knife... others I think just minor image variations etc... I don't really recall offhand anything more specific...

There was a missing Punch_Kick_Body_Impact04.ogg error that I hit when fighting the one dude in the restroom but I just made a copy of Punch_Kick_Body_Impact02.ogg and renamed it to Punch_Kick_Body_Impact04.ogg.
Thanks... IIRC I already fixed that and will be present in next version.

When you go to the warehouse and confront the kidnappers. You shoot the one and Michael shoots the 2nd one. Later when in the LT's office and he asks what happened she states that she killed both of them instead of saying that she and Michael had to kill them.
not sure I'll have to look into it, but prob that way in orig also as I don't tend to alter text...

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Phalzyr

Now that I think about it some of the items are used during some scenes like the knife or the tazer to the nuts/vagina.

1566s

Apr 29, 2021
Win/Linux: - MEGA - -
Thanks alot for the reply....however i tried that but i guess the one i downloaded is full of bugs...can you or someone help me with the download path with no bugs???

May 4, 2017
Have scenes been fixed?

Like for example I like Mason's(HULK Guy) path, but in this version only the chase scene activates and then nothing at all happens with him again.

4.40 star(s) 19 Votes