3.50 star(s) 68 Votes

Gourdgone

Aug 14, 2020
"live his life, along with his father, stepmother, half-sister and step-ante."
lol ante?
Ante = Your demands, stake or risk in a given situation.
Aunt/Aunty/Auntie = Sister of your Father &/or Mother. :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for making me laugh, needed that today. (y)
Gives a whole new meaning to "up the ante"!!! :LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Saves are stored in 2 places.
First, on the drive where you installed the game. So go there and then: Maou-Sama\game\saves\

Second, they are also found in the following location:
Got to your windows drive, let's call it C: for ease of use.
C:\Users\Your username\App Data (hidden folder)\Roaming\RenPy\Maou-Sama\

Thank you. I found both locations and deleted all saves. Just ran through week1 again and when starting week 2 the imported save was "incompatible" once again. Am I supposed to be manually dropping the save from week 1 to week 2? Like in the folders? Cause I haven't been as it seems it gets detected already.

I'm thinking for reformatting the drive and starting over *-/ .

Warphorror

Jan 2, 2018
Thank you. I found both locations and deleted all saves. Just ran through week1 again and when starting week 2 the imported save was "incompatible" once again. Am I supposed to be manually dropping the save from week 1 to week 2? Like in the folders? Cause I haven't been as it seems it gets detected already.

Did you use any patch for week 1 or week 2? If you use a patch in week 1 then you need to have the week2 patched and if you didn't use a patch for week 1 you can't use a patch for week 2.

Reactions: Gourdgone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018

np
I'm afraid I've not played this game mate, so I can't answer that one for how this game manages saves across the different weeks, sorry.

The post above, from Warphorror, is sound advice.
Do you remember if you played with the patch?

Reactions: Gourdgone

apollo21lmp

May 14, 2018
In the main OP just under the download links for week 2 is a spoiler that reads "SPOILER: Week 1". Under that is the game links for week 1.
Over at , down at the bottom under the Week 2 Day 13 mega link it reads "show previous version" Clicking that will reveal the patch links for week1.
got it, thank you

Hans_

Aug 13, 2017
I downloaded a save file from here and it doesn't work.
I was ready to play week 1 again but I can't find a patch for it anymore.
Applying the newest patch just made an unrecoverable error in the very start of the game.
Unless the game can be set up better or explained better in the OP I have a feeling very few will play week 3.
It doesn't help that there is an uncensored version and a uncensored+, I'm sure if you play uncensored in week 1 you're not able to play uncensored+ in week 2 or 3 for that matter.

Reactions: Qwerfy

Evil-Neko

Jun 26, 2020
I downloaded a save file from here and it doesn't work.
I was ready to play week 1 again but I can't find a patch for it anymore.
Applying the newest patch just made an unrecoverable error in the very start of the game.
Unless the game can be set up better or explained better in the OP I have a feeling very few will play week 3.
It doesn't help that there is an uncensored version and a uncensored+, I'm sure if you play uncensored in week 1 you're not able to play uncensored+ in week 2 or 3 for that matter.
Its not the devs fault, if no one can read or dont pay attention.

Lewdpatcher, show previous versions, yeah its very hard to see...
playing as uncensored+ the same, so much ppl here ask the same question and the same amount of ppl answer this, no, better blame the dev instead of use the search button.

R4zor

May 16, 2020
Its not the devs fault, if no one can read or dont pay attention.

Lewdpatcher, show previous versions, yeah its very hard to see...
playing as uncensored+ the same, so much ppl here ask the same question and the same amount of ppl answer this, no, better blame the dev instead of use the search button.
Then we need to play again before version and save script "save data game" when the game request it? (my english sucks xd)

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
What is with Week2's v0.6 and its music volume? The volume stays constant regardless of any volume (music, sound, voice) sliders nor the "all mute" button. It's nice to have music but it'd be convenient to be able to adjust its volume. It wouldn't matter if the base levels were the same for all the songs.

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
Seems like choosing right side portals after talking to Shurifon there's a text "These are the portals that will teleport me". But those portals will teleport girls, not the MC.

Gourdgone

Aug 14, 2020
Did you use any patch for week 1 or week 2? If you use a patch in week 1 then you need to have the week2 patched and if you didn't use a patch for week 1 you can't use a patch for week 2.
Yes I have used the correct patches on both before playing. Also I did just discover that there are actually 3, yes THREE folders where saves are kept! Everything I have read here said 2, but there is an additional folder called "persistent" is separate from the Appdata file or the Game saves file themselves. It seems to only have 1 persistent save (week one as a .mps file). So I hope maybe this can help someone else (windows btw).

Anyway now that I have for sure deleted all save and persistent I am going to redownload and start week1 and week 2 with patches. Hope this works and thanks for the info!

Starting to enjoy learning more about my computer processes thanks guys.

Gourdgone

Aug 14, 2020
np
I'm afraid I've not played this game mate, so I can't answer that one for how this game manages saves across the different weeks, sorry.

The post above, from Warphorror, is sound advice.
Do you remember if you played with the patch?

I did have a question. Is there a way to tell if you have successfully patched week 2? I thought I saw a screen shot where someone showed that it said "patched" on it afterwards? Just curious.

So I noticed that when I put the week1 patch into the week 2 game folder (like the .txt file says to do btw) the week2 game allows me to switch to uncensored and uncensored+ . This still did not fix my problem from before of all my imported saves being "incompatible" still.

I put the week1 patch into both week1 and week2 because I could not get an uncensored+ save from week1 without the patch. I'm not sure why the .txt document in the week1 patch folder doesn't state any of this and literally only says to put the week1 patch into the week2 game file.

If someone could clarify if that is a typo or I'm missing something. I did put the week2 patch into the week2 game btw (I follow the .txt instructions).

Last edited:

yolochase69

Jan 12, 2018
How do you Import your Savegame to Week 2:

Step 1: Play Week 1
Step 2: At the End of D7 a script will start and ask you to save your Progress
Step 3: Name your Save and hit Enter
Step 4: Start Week 2
Step 5: Hit the Import Button and Chose the Name from your Week 1 Save
What Import button? When I start Week2 and press Start, it doesn't find any saves to import and there is no button or way to point it to the Week1 save files. I'm on Linux (Tails), and have Week1 and Week2 in the same folder so not sure why it doesn't see it. What's the workaround? How can I find and manually install the save file the game created for me at the end of Week1 into Week2 so I can continue the game?

popcorn24

Mar 15, 2020
You try to play week 2 without a completed week 1 save.. thats why you cant start
Like I said, play week 1 until D7 ending, a script starts and ask you to save your progress.
start week 2 and import this save..
I know I said I didn't want to restart on pc but after I played a little and saw there was more and different materiel I restarted.
I've tried what you suggested and made sure I had the patch multiple times and still doesn't work. Any other suggestions? Thanks

Last edited:

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
What Import button? When I start Week2 and press Start, it doesn't find any saves to import and there is no button or way to point it to the Week1 save files. I'm on Linux (Tails), and have Week1 and Week2 in the same folder so not sure why it doesn't see it. What's the workaround? How can I find and manually install the save file the game created for me at the end of Week1 into Week2 so I can continue the game?
First, have weeks in separate directories because they are separate Renpy games. Only thing that is combining them together is the importable save file from the end of week 1 to start of week 2. And it's not a .save file in game/saves nor ~/.renpy/Maousamaetc-xyz/. I have a Manjaro (though I played week1 and started week2 in Kubuntu) so it works in Linux. When you go to the end of week1 the game wants you to input the name for the save file that is the SAVE that is imported into week2 when you start a new week2 playthrough.

Second, you need the ipatch for week2 if you used ipatch in week1. And vice versa. Importing a non-patched save in a patched week2 doesn't work.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

apollo21lmp

May 14, 2018
a new issue. i got thru week 1 and saved. the save is recognized in week 2 but is listed as "incompatible" and doesn't let me play. i saved 3 times and all are listed as "incompatible". any hints on what is causing it or how to overcome this?

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
a new issue. i got thru week 1 and saved. the save is recognized in week 2 but is listed as "incompatible" and doesn't let me play. i saved 3 times and all are listed as "incompatible". any hints on what is causing it or how to overcome this?
Check my post above yours. The second part... patched vs unpatched...

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
First of all if you played a patched week 1 then you'll need to play a patched week 2
Secondly, I noticed that the patch over at has been updated within the past 13 hours (at the time I post this) for week2.

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
Ok, the patch is here, now I'm wondering whether to wait for the compressed version or download the full version of the game. :unsure:

But I guess I'll get the full one. the last time i played compressed there were a lot of bugs. I prefer not to risk. :D

3.50 star(s) 68 Votes